LoveLost

Pern: A World of Dragonriders and Dragons

(( I understand. And I think maybe F'lar and Lessa better get the queen riders and their dragons out of there before anything bad happens. ))

((Love, where is Ezran? want to know before I post))

"But I thought it... Oh, dear. No, I won't be afraid. You'll catch us I know you will, Hethath." Soria's eyes were wide with surprise as she ruthlessly suppressed her fear. She refused to cave into it now, not when Atisith would need her. She remembered her lessons and knew what doubt could do if she fell victim to it now.She turned back to Atisith in time to see the dragon catch another beast. Atisith's snarl when she kept Atisith from gorging and only let the dragon bleed it, made Soria flinch. Squaring her shoulders against the tremor of fear she had, Soria kept her resolve and the process repeated until the gold took to the air with a loud announcement. Soria watched from the ground and from Atisith as the dragon took to the sky. She was determined not to lose Atisith to the Between.

((Is that good or do I need to edit it?))

---

"I say, they'd best watch themselves. They'll never no from where we'll retaliate." Bambina offered D'rin a mischievous grin, her eyes shining with mirth. After taking a bite of her own food,h er grin turned teasing as she smiled at the fellow rider. "Still, so you know, if you do find a Lady friend, Cerith and I will help you catch her. even if it comes to holding her in place for you."

Cleo ducked her head when Heedana remonstrated her for going between while tired. She knew she'd been wrong and likely would never repeat the mistake. Then Cleo had to concentrate on putting the given names to the approaching faces, although not all would stay stuck together in her mind. She smiled at the bumbling dragonling and at Neith accepting the big champagne's attentions as her just due. Her smile grew as she watched the fire-lizards dance around each other. Cleo generally smiled at everything, incredibly happy to be home at last.

Edited by Ramoth

((Ramoth, please edit. Soria and K'leb are out in the meadows outside of the weyr having a picnic...))

((EDIT: jaina, she's with T'lom, but Blue hasn't replied to my last post in awhile, sooo she is now down in the kitchens smile.gif ))

Edited by LoveLost

((If Atisith is rising, then the queens should get out of there, yeah. Well, I don't think Valiath would pose a problem. She's too young to be a concern at this point, I think personally. Whatever you think, Love. And I'll go ahead and do colors, at least where they talk. I'm not really as busy as the rest of you, I think.

I'm gonna assume that it's okay for the Weyrlings to break up a bit or however I should phrase it...))

Yii was almost to the training grounds when Galanth interrupted her. Weyrling training is over for today. And a queen is rising. How do you know? Yii answered. I'm flying above it all. You ought to be glad that I'm old on days like today. I'll be in our weyr in a few moments if you want to look for me. Yii sighed. Moving from Weyr to Weyr made it harder to know where to be and when to be there. Doubtless she and Galanth were supposed to be doing something, but for now, their weyr would have to be okay. A green, even an old one, wouldn't be appreciated in the air. You'd better have been there long before I reach you, Galanth, she said, and started back. Eventually they'd figure out how to fit in without staying in their weyr all day.

R'bah looked at Dereth, wondering why exactly they were let go early. The bronze gave a passable shrug, and he would have laughed at that if the young queen rider hadn't walked in front of him with her arms crossed. Obviously she was headed off to sulk.

His thoughts were entirely interrupted when he heard a dragon bugle -or whatever you called it- loudly. He didn't look around, not knowing where to look anyway. Uh, Dereth? I don't suppose you know what that was about? The young bronze looked around. I would say that it was a queen, Dereth answered. And considering everything associated with queens, I'd say that whichever one she is is rising. R'bah blinked. Okaay then, since I know basically nothing about you dragons, I think that you and I are going to our weyr now. If you know what I mean.

Rebekah sighed quietly to herself. Why would the Weyrlingmaster -or rather, for today, the Weyrlingmaster stand-in- let them go early unless he was disappointed with them? And with how much she had been seeming to do wrong lately, there was a fair chance in her mind that she was one of the main reasons.

Qannath moved her tail and whacked her rider gently. Cut it out. You aren't a failure. Stop blaming yourself for every tiny little thing, would you? Be glad we're out of training early. Not that I don't like it, she added hurriedly. Rebekah looked at the black, then at her brother, who had the strangest look on his face. Between the two of them, she almost laughed.

I think your ears have some problems, Qannath said. To give you the short version, a queen's rising, according to Dereth. Come on. I don't want to watch so many dragons getting to fly all at once. Rebekah had other reasons for wanting to leave, but either way, the two started walking toward the Weyr, hoping that they weren't the only ones leaving.

((I'll have to do Lishi another time. Sorry.))

((got it, i'll post for aoi since no one is around. maybe terin will speak to her or something))

Aoi quietly worked in her forge with Sedath curled up near the furnace. Aoi was tending another aluminum plate that she was forming into a light chest plate. The sheet was taking shape slowly, but requiring extensive heating before being worked. She wondered in the back of her mind if she would hear from Terin again anytime soon. She knew she likely would hear from him, but it would hopefully happen when no one was around. She had the feeling that Terin was a bit of a seedy character, and that just gave her cause to be concerned.

((I can see how that would work, but still please edit that out Ramoth. I know I am sounding nit picky, but there are so many dragon minds around her as well as Atisith being many, many miles away, it's a feat that only a dragon could do.))

Lessa quickly ran into the sands, her dress swirling around her. Her son was with another woman and her Ramoth was circling above the sands. "There you are Heedana, we need to get the grown queens to Southern," She said quickly, her voice calm and quick as she looked up at her golden Ramoth. Ramoth was slowly but increasingly becoming agitated by the other queen rising. Mnementh was above Ramoth almost protectively and possessively. Lessa stopped in surprise as her eyes finally rested on Cleo. She was stunned for a moment before Ramoth seemed to smash sense back into her. "You'll explain yourself to me later Cleo. For now, get to Southern." Lessa instructed before climbing up onto the landing Ramoth. F'lar was on Mnementh and the two of them winked into between just after Ramoth and Lessa did.

Sesania crouched down and wrapped her arms around Emeroth's neck. The small gray was shaking and shivering because of all of the emotions going on. She was too young to be considered competition for the rising queen, but it still bothered Emeroth. "Can we go back to the weyr?" Emeroth asked nervously as she swung her head around in the direction of Atisith even though she could not see her. Sesania looked up at E'ran, concern in her eyes. Sesania took a deep breath to steady her won nerves and then nodded.

"Emeroth and I are going to head up to the weyr. I've got some work I need to get done and I don't want Emeroth or myself to get in the way." With that she stood up. "Take care Heedana, Cleo. I'll see you when you get back." Sesania turned and hurriedly headed out of the sands, Emeroth close behind her.

S'ron had been sitting on the sands when Lessa had charged in, her golden queen gliding above them. Now he was standing and holding Heedana's hand. He knew she needed to get to southern, he knew what was going on. "You better get going love." S'ron said with a big smile. There wouldn't be time for them to get anything. S'ron highly doubted he would be able to go with Heedana and Tilleth. He couldn't leave Retirrrith alone and he didn't know if Tilleth would be willing to carry the young champagne all the way to Southern and back.

((I edited my other post.))

Cleo ducked her head submissively to Lessa, one hand going up to her hematite pendant. Neith brought her incredibly large head down in front of her rider, one faceted eye watching the senior weyrwoman with a surprising lack of expression. Cleo hugged her friend's muzzle, then made her way up to the striped queen's saddle. She checked all the harness straps, then buckled herself down. Then she looked down and over to Heedana and Tilleth. Should she and Neith wait until the older queen was in the air, or go ahead now. Cleo thought for a moment or two, then decided that it might be best for her to leave as soon as possible. She gave the signal for the great queen to lift into the air. Once at an acceptable altitude, she asked Go to where Ramoth is, dear Neith. Can you see where she is? Yes. I know where she is. We go to her. And with that, the pair blinked between.

Heedana noted that even Tilleth was growling on the sands awaiting her rider's arrival. Her wings were open wide screaming a challenge to whatever dragon was rising. She then hissed when any other dragon came to close, hoping to scare them off and away from her. Heedana noticed how quickly Lessa and Cleo left and she swiftly kissed S'ron before waving farewell to everyone and following Cleo and Lessa. When she popped out of between in Southern, she found herself alone without the others at the moment and landed on the sandy beaches. This is what she loved. THe sun, the sand, the water and the overall beauty of the place. She stripped down to her under clothes and ran into the water as Tilleth calmed down and joined her happily flapping to the water to land and float like an oversized swan.

E'ran watched after Sesania and grimaced. He noticed that the blacks were starting to act up as well. The only dragons safe from anything were the greens. He didn't get why it was so off for the new dragons but guessed it was because of their higher empathy. Even Gleanixth was looking around cautiously as was Xitith who was standing behind G'lor. E'ran bid farewell to G'lor and the others standing there and followed Sesania hoping that she and Emeroth were alright. Gleanixth took off and flew right above his riders head before gaining more altitude and soaring up to their shared weyr.

G'lor patted Xitith's neck as the dragons eyes whirled yellow and orange with intense worry wondering what was going on that had him so off. G'lor itched at the thread score that was covered by a bandage and then noticed that it was oozing slightly. "Shards." he muttered in frustration.

Xyliana hissed through her teeth as Vixenith bugled a challenge to any male daring them to make her rise and let her give him the chase of his life. "No Vixenith." she begged as the dragon tried to get the attentions of the males around her and then took off into the air. Xyliana won over her dragon and brought her back to landing . Her dragon had already risen earlier that day and had no need to do it again. She looked tired after her dragon tried to battle with her rider's will. "I need something to eat." she muttered as she walked wearily to the kitchens as best she could without passing out. She was tired, dirty, and hadn't eaten since that morning. Not only that, but Vixenith seemed especially busy and wondered what it was with azures that made them the way they were.

((crappy posts ish crappy! Sorry I have been RPing in no lit RP's soo irritating sometimes wink.gif ))

About half way to the weyr, the anxiety from Emeroth made Sesania slump to the floor. Unconsciously, she wrapped her arms around Emeroth's neck and held the small gray. The two of them stayed like that for some time, both not noticing who walked by or the stares. They were both silent, both physically and mentally as they stayed there.

After awhile, Emeroth finally spoke. "I don't like this. Atisith is scary and everyone is acting strange." Her voice was quiet, as if trying not to attract any attention from anyone except her rider. Sesania closed her eyes but smiled reassuringly. "It'll be over soon.". What Sesania didn't say was that one day, Emeroth too would rise. Her arms became tighter for a moment before relaxing. What would happen to the two of them when her caring, sweet, gentle, warm Emeroth rose?

S'ron felt his heart twist in his chest for a moment when he saw Tilleth take his beautiful Heedana away. Retirrrith whimpered and nuzzled his riders hand to try and distract him from the pain in his heart. S'ron snapped out of his sorrow and then grinned. "Well Retirrrith, let's go get you something to eat. Tilleth and Heedana can probably hear your belly rumbling all the way in Southern." He grinned and lead the way out of the sands. He glanced at E'ran for a moment before looking away. There were a lot of things he wanted to say to the man that had obviously gained his sisters reclusive heart. He wouldn't say or do anything at the moment, no, S'ron would wait until Atisith was no longer rising and everyone wasn't strained.

Ramoth and Mnementh came out from between and landed in the Southern Weyr. Lessa and F'lar were welcomed by the weyrleader of Southern and Mnementh went to go get something to eat. Lessa glanced around and then asked Ramoth where the other queens were. "I'll return F'lar, I need to speak with Cleo and Heedana." Lessa said with a slight smile and then went climbed back up onto Ramoth. In seconds they too were at the same beach that Heedana had arrived at. Lessa smiled and hopped off of her glorious queen, but elected to stay standing on the sands of the beach rather then join Heedana in the water. Ramoth on the other hand splashed happily into the water and then sunk into the went sand. The golden queen proceeded to roll over and itch a spot on her back against the sand.

Edited by Ethril Dragon

Neith had chosen to remain on the sandy beach, with her wings widespread to catch the sun's heat, and also to provide shade for Cleo. The queenrider sat leaning against her queen's shoulder, watching Tilleth and Heedana play. Southern was certainly beautiful, but she'd spent too much time here recently. And not so recently . . . . she shook her head. In any case, she much preferred the cooler breezes of the North. When Ramoth and Lessa arrived, Cleo sighed, and stood up. I go to face the dragon-lady, dearheart. Wish me luck, she commented mentally to her dragon. Neith snorted and rested her head on her crossed forelegs, eyelids dropping down. Cleo walked over to Lessa and addressed her, "Weyrwoman."

When Heedana was dunked underneath the water by a not so innocent Tilleth, she was able to come up and see that Lessa had something to say to the both of them. She glared at her dragon as she went off to go and play with her mother in an odd way. Heedana slipped out of the water the sun drying her as she went. By the time that she reached the other two, the heat had been enough to dry her already tanned shoulders. In the background, noise could be heard coming from a zealous Tilleth as she splashed her mother. "Weyrwoman Lessa, you look as if you have something on your mind." she said kindly and then motioned for all of them to sit on a few stones underneath a broad leafed tree. "This is the best I can offer." she said pulling down a coconut and digging a hole into it then handing it to Lessa. She did the same for Cleo.

E'ran walked up behind Sesania and became worried when he saw her on her knees holding Emeroth's neck. "Ania?" he asked worry coating his voice as he spoke. "Are you okay?" he asked as he walked over to her and looked at Emeroth hoping to gain something from her. He didn't make a big scene, but did his best to guide the two to their shared weyr already getting the feelings from Emeroth as Gleanixth conveyed them. She was being affected by the rising as well. He hated rising's most of the time and wondered as to why Atisith's was so strong to the two of them. Was it because of their dragons?

Edited by LoveLost

"There are a couple things," Lessa said as she took a seat, taking the offered coconut from Heedana with a smile. "One, I need to know what happened to you Cleo. And two, I've been hearing some interesting rumors going around about you Heedana and the new male harper." Lessa looked at Heedana with only slightly concealed curiosity. Rumors tended to spread very quickly in the weyr when they were important.

Sesania jumped slightly in surprise when E'ran approached them. She looked up, her eyes slightly glazed over by the strength of Emeroth's anxiety. Almost in a trance, Sesania followed E'ran back to the weyr Emeroth staying right next to her the entire way. "Emeroth is uncomfortable." was the best way Sesania could put it. How could she explain that Emeroth was so sensitive to the other dragons around her that it was causing her distress? Sesania didn't think young dragons were supposed to be affected by rising dragons.

Emeroth whimpered softly as she heard in the distance Atisith roar a challenge to the chasing males. She shivered, the blue undertones in her gray hide becoming pale in fright. Emeroth really didn't like that sound, it was so angry sounding to her.

Once in the weyr Sesania knelt once more and hugged Emeroth to comfort her. "Everything's going to be ok Emeroth, I promise!" Sesania told her life partner through their link. Emeroth calmed, but only slightly. The tension in the air was really bothering the young gray.

~~~~~~~~

S'ron was heading up to his own weyr, the one he shared with Heedana, when Retirrrith whimpered softly and butted his head against S'ron's lower back. "Hey now, everything's ok! Atisith's not roaring at you." S'ron's positive nature had a wonderful effect on his little champagne and Retirrrith was able to mostly ignore the rising of the queen. "And as soon as Atisith is all done, Heedana and Tilleth will come back! Then we can all go get something to eat and drink, and maybe we can perform something." S'ron wasn't sure if he was talking more to sooth Retirrrith or himself.

((ok...i've been outta the loop for...erm...a while now so if i happen to completely botch things jumping back in feel free to let me know and i'll edit accordingly))

Lerin strode about the halls, pondering thoughtfully still. What could that old schemer be up to she wondered for about the millionth time. She knew he couldnt possibly have any true interest in that young trollop who rode a much vaunted queen. Terin's heart was a cold, baren place with room for little more than greed and loathing. Which suited her well of course, being quite far from dissimilar herself.

Eventually, after an unknown time of fruitless wandering thoughts and feet, she found herself on approach to Terin's 'secret' workshop. She checked herself, grinning dangerously, and made sure her clothing was good and tight, flowing with her skin as she moved. Satisfied, she strode in silently and took a chair without asking, lounging in a manner quite un-lady like and rather revealing. "Well hello thre dear" she said, all teasing, playful, and seductive. "What have we been up to today?" It was an old game with them. Lerin enjoyed trying to seduce him and bend him to her will probably as much as he enjoyed the shows.

T'ron glanced over as Tsinth's nostrils flared and his body tensed. His eyes went to the sky as he saw a familiar form launch into the sky and rather reluctantly retreat. He nodded with understanding, patting his large blue friend. "Seems everyone's getting riled up" he said, shaking his head. He made his way over to Xyliana as quickly as he could manage, the training seeming to have gone into recess for the moment. "Never a dull day in the weyr" he muttered as he approached.

Tsinth felt his heart leap as he caught the intention of the female he'd so recently caught. Again? Already? He wasnt entirely confident he could triumph a second time that day, not being in top form after their earlier flight. Fortunately she landed and T'ron started moving off towards her. He was impatient to reach her but didnt want to leave his life friend behind and just fly over. When they finally reached the other pair he promptly curled up possessively with Vixenith and and began humming contentedly.

T'nor gazed in confusion at the quickly disintegrating organization of the training session and sighed. He knew it was going to take him some time to acclimate to how quickly things seemed to run and change in a weyr. He patted Leroth on the head and began following the not quite small dragon across the weyr, already knowing he sought his little friend. He smiled and waved as Gora came into view and looked around, wondering what they should do now.

Leroth, glad for a break from yet another frustrating training session, eagerly sought out his favorite companion. He kept an eye on T'nor to make sure he kept up but he needn't have worried as he seemed quite content to follow along. Eventually he saw his quarry and, crouched, waiting for the perfect moment before pouncing on her. Miss me? he asked impishly.

Heedana watched Lessa as she spoke and then her eyes squinted as she was wont to do when a rumor was spread about her or anyone else. "Hmmm...kitchen weyrfolk no doubt..." she said in an angry huff. "A man, Terin, asked me to marry him a few days ago. This man was the one that my father had spoken to me about regarding my hold whom also lives at Benden Weyr. Long story short, S'ron asked me to marry him and I said yes. He is planning on getting one of Lytol's trainees to marry my sister who is just a year younger than I and then they are both going to take over the Hold and get it back into the shape that I had it in so many years ago." she said and then stopped to look at Lessa. "I know t'isn't customary for dragonriders due the strain of risings, but...I just can't find myself with anyone else. You alone know what I have done with my poor Tilleth. And with her due to rise soon and Retirrith and the other new colors growing more rapidly than any others...i just..." she seemed conflicted but the truth is that she wasn't sure of what Lessa was going to think of her. Ranks were still not worked out with the new colors and it was E'ran, Xyliana, Sesania, S'ron and several Southern riders' job to decide that.

K'leb placed a comforting hand on Sesania's shoulder and hugged her sideways as he watched the dragon take off into the air her hide glowing beautifully in the setting sun. He then winced as he felt Hethath take off with a challenge to the other dragons in the distance who were coming to chase the queen. He could feel the push and pull of his mighty dragon's wings as they propelled him towards his trophy. The dragons quickly fell behind him since he had a head start but a few of them tried to overtake him to only receive a harsh whip of his tail, lash of his teeth, or bonk on the head from his wings. It was then that a larger bronze overtook him. K'leb willed his dragon to go faster and willed that Atisith would drop back. He could feel his heart beat racing with his dragon's and felt his fist clenching at his side away from Soria.

E'ran nodded since he already knew. With gentle prodding and turning he led the both of them to where Gleanixth was anxiously shifting his feet waiting for the. As soon as they stepped into the weyr, he had the overbearing desire to take Emeroth into his forepaws and keep her close to his chest and guard her mind with his own. Instead of doing that, knowing it may alarm his rider and Emeroth's rider, he just stuck his nose in her face then sniffed her and Sesania all over making sure that they were alright. Then he sat back like a patient canine waiting to see what to do. E'ran on the other hand already knew and surrounded Sesania with his comforting arms and patting Emeroth's head in a gentle soothing way.

D'rin smiled in acceptance of Bambina's offer and then took another bite of his food as well while laughing at her next comment. "Do I look that bad?" he asked her since she said that she and her dragon would hold down the woman if they needed to.

EDIT:

Xyliana jumped with a muted shout and then turned and noticed it was just T'ron. Well not just him, but it was him. She was happy to see him after training but she was so worn and tired. No sleep, then morning....activities, and then her dragon trying to rise again after training. How much more could she take after just arriving? She smiled and kept her hands around her stomach making sure no one saw how they were shaking. Sometimes she would react like this to Vixenith's multiple and crazy risings and at other times she would be fine. She just needed to eat. "You got that right T'ron." she said and then glanced at her dragon and Tsinth. "Sure is possessive over her isn't he?" she asked in a jovial tone as she walked with T'ron over to the kitchens.

Vixenith was shaking with the intensity of a queen's rising and she repeatedly apologized to Tsinth knowing that with both of them already slightly spent, it would have been likely that another male would have caught her. She curled up along his chest fitting just perfectly and continued to tremble emotions roiling in her overly telepathic body.

Gora jumped back as Leroth pounced on Kandicath and smiled at the two of them. She turned to T'nor and kept the grin on her face. "What do we do? there aren't any chores to do..." she said and then sighed.

Kandicath let out a large squeal of laughter of joy that overran into Leroth's mind and she smiled as she rolled him off of her. Of course I missed you! She said with a laugh and then pounced on his back with her being small enough to sit on his back without any problems. Nice view she stated.

Edited by LoveLost

((How did I get so far behind again... xd.png))

Lishi looked up at the sky and ignored Valiath's attempts to talk to her. Oh, she heard her queen. She just wasn't really thrilled on hearing about some other queen's flight just then. Sighing, she lowered her eyes. There wasn't any point in sulking and getting rebuked again.

...are you listening? Almost everyone else is leaving. Should we? Hello? Don't ignore me, came Valiath's plea. You were scolded once already. It might happen again if you're supposed to leave. Lishi rolled her eyes, though the barest hint of a smile lifted her lips. Her queen had guessed what she was thinking perfectly. I'm listening, she answered. I don't know where we're supposed to be. You aren't mature enough to be a threat to Atisith yet, so I really have no clue.

Soria was only slightly aware of K'leb and instead focusing on Atisith, who was leading the males on a chase. Her brow drew as Atisith changed angle to fly over the trees in her way, rising further into the sky. Neither she nor Atisith were seemingly pleased about how close the male dragons were, albeit for differing reasons. She offered her support as Atisith pushed to go faster even as the ascent slowed her.

When Atisith was finally caught, Soria couldn't muster the thought to see who had caught her Atisith. As it was, Soria managed only to lock her knees to stay standing and let out a whimper as Atisith's emotion completely swamped her. Had she been able to do anything else, she would have prayed it was Hethath. Instead, she was consumed with in Atisith's mating and all other thoughts faded to the back of her mind.

((>.>Has got to be, like, the shortest Rising ever. Uh, let me know if I need to make that longer....))

---

Bambina broke out into giggles after hearing D'rin. She pushed away her half-eaten plate and set about controling her giggles. Once she was stopped laughing, she set her elbows on the table, locked her hands together and set her chin on the twined fingers to examine D'rin. Her grin widened when she finished. "Nah, I doubt you'd need us to hold them down. However, if you have a lady that just won't sit still so you can talk to her, we'll help. Although if she doesn't even make the attempt, she probably isn't worth it, but friends help friends."

Edited by Mijikoi

Cleo sighed, and felt Neith slip encouragement into her mind. She broke open her coconut and took a sip of the milk, before remembering that she didn't particularly like coconuts. She swallowed, pulling an odd face, and spending the next several moments trying unsuccessfully to get the taste out of her mouth. She listened to Heedana's explanation, then launched into her story. "Neith and I were returning to Benden that night. It was late and we were both tired, but we wanted to sleep in our own weyr. We got lost between and came out somewhere over Southern back before the Pass started." Cleo reached up to scratch her scalp in embarrassment. "It took me so long to figure out where we were, and how to get back without getting all the way lost between, that Neith rose once alone. It should be a couple of months before she rises again." She paused, looking at her great striped queen. "Or would she rise again sooner, since she didn't have a mate the last time?" she asked the older queenriders.

K'leb watched his fist clenching tighter and tighter as he watched his dragon overcome the others leaving them battered and bruised. He danced around Atisith as she tried to outmaneuver him but he soon caught her as she slung back in a backwards dive. As soon as they were united in their mating flight K'leb felt the full force of the dragons mating flight and his mouth opened slightly in a silent gasp. He could see that Soria was still not looking at her dragon and he pulled her close in a tight hug the emotions and sensations of his dragon boiling over through their connection. "He did it." he said in a coarse whisper. He pulled back to look into Soria's eyes and kissed her passionately probably more than he could had it not been for a rising. He pulled back again and highly relutantly as their dragons swirled down slowly enjoying every moment. K'leb could feel Hethath guiding the two of them with their necks and tails entwined over towards their riders with their backs towards the weyr affording their riders the privacy they deserved.

((Ramoth, I am waiting for Ethy to post Heedana and Genius I edited my last post for your charries))

Edited by LoveLost

(( and I was waiting for Ramoth to post before I posted ))

Lessa listened silently, thoughtfully drinking the milk from the coconut. Once both stories were told Lessa looked out at the ocean silently. After a moment, Lessa spoke to Heedana first. "When queens rise, the love a rider feels plays little part in their instinct. The best we can do is hope that the right dragon catches the queen." She sighed. "I was lucky, but then again almost the entire weyr wanted F'lar to be the weyrleader." Lessa shook her head with a sigh and a small smile. "If S'ron's dragon, Retirrrith was it? reaches the size of at least a brown then he can chase your Tilleth when the time comes." Lessa said slowly.

She'd spoken to E'ran about the new colors extensively. With the data he'd already collected, Lessa had already started looking into the ranks of the new colors. Champagne's were closest in size to Bronzes so it made sense that they would be about the same rank.

Lessa then turned to Cleo. "I'm a bit surprised with you Cleo. You're old enough to know not to go between while tired. I thought I trained you better then that." She wasn't mad, just disappointed. "You put both yourself and your dragon at risk. I don't need to tell you of what could have happened." Lessa frowned, her own memories of going between times surfacing in her mind. "But you're back now and we do need to consider what will happen. I'm not sure when your Neith will rise, but we do need to take into account that Neith didn't take a mate." Lessa sighed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Without any prompting from her rider, Emeroth went to Gleanixth and curled up between his forepaws. She shivered slightly as Atisith's mating flight continued. Emotions were rising and it was all Emeroth could do to keep from whimpering. Sesania looked at Emeroth worriedly, but knew Gleanixth would keep her small gray safe.

Once in the weyr and in E'ran's arms Sesania buried her face into his chest. Sesania wasn't an empath, and having spent most of her life as a recluse she'd never been good at sensing the emotions of others. But she could definitely feel the tenseness in the air. Through Emeroth she was able to sense the tenseness in the air, and it worried her. She worried about her little gray, about how all this was affecting her.

But then...Sesania also knew how a queen rising affected those around. Master Harper Robinton had explained many things to her before she and her brother had set out. Sesania was very glad she had E'ran.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Terin sighed and recovered the old sculpture of his deceased dragon. Now that the rider was gone, he was glad for the silence. Terin ran a hand through his hair and then sighed. He had work to do. Almost by magic, he turned to find Lerin sitting in one of his repaired stone chairs. "I'm not much in the mood today for your games Lerin." Terin said with a slight grin.

He turned and leaned against his work table, with all it's tools, so he could look at her better. "You almost messed things up for me today Lerin," Terin said with a cold expression. "The woman I was talking to earlier has a father that wants her married. Her family has a vast hold with many resources that could be useful to our...venture," Terin said carefully. "Her father has run the hold into the ground and he hopes that if his daughter marries me, then I'll be able to make it prosper." which of course he would make it prosper, for his own benefit. "But you," he pointed an accusing finger at Lerin. "Almost ruined it. And now I'm hearing rumors that she's already engaged to another man. A dragon rider at that."

He sighed and shook his head. He didn't need Heedana's family hold, but it would be very useful.

((Ethril, you want to have Terin meet with Aoi later to see what she has done with the aluminum he sent her?))