LoveLost

Pern: A World of Dragonriders and Dragons

L'don introduced himself to the newcomers, getting more and more excited for the tour. Marneth flew back down onto his shoulder, feeling his growing excitement and mimicking it.

Soria giggled as K'leb began walking. She was a bit surprised at how much better K'leb and Atisith could make her feel with just a few words. Although, K'leb reminded Soria about how nervous he seemed when he said he could talk to all dragons. Is that what the tickle chatter at the back of mind was? She felt it on and off since she got here. She'd made it a habbit to ignore it figuring that it was just her imagination, but with what K'leb had said it made a bit of sense. She drapped her arms over his shoulders in a loose hug and smiled. "So, I suppose we're going to be neighbors now, huh, K'leb?"

((My question to all of you is this, do we want to time skip ahead a few months to when the dragons are all full grown? Or what?))

Heedana had Tilleth land near the herdbeasts so that Tilleth could eat. She then walked past the others her heart increasingly heavy as she went to the kitchen to try and find some remnant of klah.

K'leb looked back at Soria on his back and smiled. "Yah i guess so. Gonna be some sort of fun huh?" He laughed and thought to Hethath. Do you think that she is the one? I mean like maybe you and Atisith.... Hethath snickered at the thought and gently brushed his riders mind with thoughts of peace and then he oneryly (sp?) sent vivid and rather shocking feelings of love and passion. Hethath stop that! He said his cheeks blushing lightly.

Edited by LoveLost

((I'd like that. But that's just me. I think it'd move really slow if we don't. And I can magic Soria's things to where they're supposed to be, because i just realize she didn't move her stuff. And yay for the flying fire lizards. And what do you mean by oneryly?))

Soria giggled and nodded in response to K'leb. It would be fun to have K'leb as a neighbor. Amphitere showed Soria an image of the meat she'd had earlier and gave a reminder of her hunger that was echoed by Achronos. Soria responed with a grin and a whisper for the fire lizards to have patientience. She leaned her head against his shoulder. "Muchly so. So, how is your Hethath doing?"

Edited by Mijikoi

( Yes yes yes! And by that time would the firelizard eggs be born yet or would they still be unborn?)

((They might be on the point of hatching? Theoretically they'd take roughly the same time as a dragon to hatch and we'd need to skip about six months to 18 months. 6 for flying and 18 for the blues, greens, and browns to be full grown. At least that's what i found out.))

(((Fire lizard eggs? But anyways, I'd be cool with a skip ahead.))

((I'd say skip at least six months, to when they can all fly, and Ramoth might have clutched again, allowing for more players. But I can see another couple of skip points: Tilleth's flight, or just before, and the greens of this set would have flown as well; or to the eighteen months, where pretty much every dragonet is sexually mature except Atisith and Neith.))

Isis began to catch hunger from the other fire-lizards, and whined up at Cleo. Cleo had by that time come down off her Impression high, and had suddenly realized just how social and . . . . talkative she'd been. She didn't normally initiate conversation with strangers. In an effort to restrain her rising blush, Cleo reminded herself that these people would be her friends and colleagues for the rest of her, or their lives. Even the sobering thought of death only kept the blush from intensifying.

Cleo's right hand went to her necklace, her thumb rubbing over the dragon pendant. "Yeah, we should go to the Kitchens. Isis has gotten hungry, and I could use something to eat." Some of the aloofness in her manner was shyness; not all, but enough to make her uncomfortable in a crowd.

Neith had had a good nap. A deep nap. But now, as she was beginning to wake up anyway, Cleo's slight discomfort roused her the rest of the way. When her friend wasn't right there when Neith awoke, the dragonet climbed down to go to her. Once on the ground, she looked around, marking the objects as Cleo's, and therefore, hers. The sheep perched on the bed demanded further inquiry, but turned out to be only wool, fabric, stuffing, stitching and fleece. Not interesting in other words.

Neith stepped out of her little weyr into the hall of the barracks. Her golden sister Atisith had claimed the weyr adjacent to hers, and bronze Hethath reclined in the cubby across the way. A quick question to her siblings revealed that the new riders, including her Cleo, were grouped up around the bend. Neith, of course, gracefully walked over. Blue Lucath was begging food off his rider's sister, of all things, and a green fire-lizard chased a brown. Neith snorted at them, desiring that they cut the antics. Then she paced over to Cleo, to bump her head into her rider's hand. I' m hungry, too. And don't worry too much about talking to them. They wouldn't have Impressed if they weren't worthy and safe to be friends.

((I have a random not so random question. Can gold fire lizards boss the other colored dragons around? It was a thought that popped in my head.))

(Meep, i want my Deemeath to fly with Tilleth.... Will i miss that! OMGWTFBBQ!)

((You shouldn't if we only skip 6 months they'll be flying, but not rising to mate, cause these hatchlings'll be too young, right? That'll be at least another turn, I think.))

((Yeah I think you're right Mijikoi about the flight times. I think the fire lizards kind of defect to the queen. I guess it depends on each lizard or dragon. I doubt a dragon would pay any attetion to what a fire lizard says tho.))

((And yeah Elna can't hear all dragons, its just her brother's new hatchling just feels familiar with her too, especially since he just hatched))

((I wouldn't mind skipping ahead some, but I did want to play the weyrling part some. Like, maybe learning to fly?))

Little brown Eccos squeaked and winged over back to his Elna, landed on her shoulder, and curled himself around the back of her neck, poking his head out from under her dark brown hair. He blinked his eyes at the pretty gold Isis, but then the whirling slowed and he lowered his head down. Elna twirled his tail around her finger as she started to walk, G'ty by her side, and Lucath by his side. G'ty marveled at the beautiful little golden hatchling, Neith, but he didn't really know what to say. This was his first time in a Weyr at all, and now he was going to live here for the rest of his life! He and his sister both felt unsure of themselves. They walked along just a step or two behind K'leb and Soria.

Blue Lucath's eyes whirled green and blue, and he said to Neith, Our riders are being shy.[/COLOR]

((Would F'nor scare them off a ledge, or something? That might be rather amusing.))

Neith noticed the bluerider's admiration of her wondrous self. She sent happy little thoughts to Cleo and exaggerated her grace for him: arching her neck and slightly unfurling her wings. She even went as far as to enlist Isis to sky-dance a little just above her back. Neith's royal little cousin considered for only a moment before chirping and assenting.

Cleo looked down at the hatchling keeping graceful pace at her side when Isis left her customary perch on her shoulder. The young woman rolled her eyes and laughed quietly to herself. Little showoff, she commented to her lifelong partner. Well of course, silly. I am a queen, after all. Should I not be utterly impressive? Cleo could only laugh again.

((LOL, I dunno laugh.gif ))

The little blue was excited to be alive! He scampered around, butting past K'leb and Soria. He brayed at the lovely little golden and ran clumsily on, extending his wings out for the first time.

((Guys, just so you know, I wont be on much this week. I might be on more Saturday but not really all that much this week. So keep RPing but please keep me updated.))

((Oh and here is the deal. After this day they will skip ahead 6 months. At the 6 mth makr Heedana is going to dissapear. When she comes back, it will be the Turn mark when all the dragons are fully matured and all that. Soooo go ahead and RP. smile.gif ))

((most of the time the dragonets do it on their own...But I'm sure F'nor will think of something like that *wink, wink*))

K'leb grinned as Soria asked about Hethath. "He seems to be doing alright but keeps seeming to be intent on making me blush." he said grumbling while walking onward. "I think we are going to go to the kitchens so that the firelizards can eat...and so that we can too! J'eb always cooks the best stuff and I am sure Manora will love his help." he said while walking on.

Hethath ambled from his weyr and peeked in at Atisith. Our riders are odd aren't they? he asked her his eyes whirling a deep and pleased green. He sat at the edge of his weyr and took in all the sights and smells while stretching out his massive bronze wings.

Heedana was sitting in the kitchen a troubled look on her face. Tilleth was to rise in the next few months and she had nowhere to go except for the mountains. She was stubborn and didn't care if Lessa exiled her to the Southern Continent for this. She drank her klah from a shaking cup and then rubbed her temples while trying to relax sore shoulder muscles.

Zee walked into the kitchen and seemed to understand Heedana's dilemma. She sat beside her surrogate daughter and patted her arm gently while asking one of the drudges for some food for them both. THe drudge brought back several rolls and some meat for both of the women and the three fire lizards. Zee buttered a few rolls for Herself and then Heedana and frced the girl to eat something

Yenay, Huzah and Tricky, all stayed close to their loved one and ate the meat slowly while watching her every move their eyes whirling a worried yellow.

Ezran looked at Elna and G'ty with a smile on her face. It all to painfully reminded her of her brother. Jerome dove down amongst all the hatchlings and firelizards than lightly landed on Ezrans uninjured shoulder. "There you are Jerome!" she suddenly felt even more so hungry than she had been. "Oh boy...K'leb can we go a little faster?" she asked him while stoking the abnormally small blue's head.

K'leb laughed and looked back at the brother and sister then at Ezran. "I'm afraid not. Manora had strict instructions to not let you run around." he smiled widely

Ezran was about to ask how did he know when Jubileth's voice came loud and clear in her head. He asked me you idiot. Ezran's face blushed a lovely red that accented her tanned skin. How by the egg of Faranth did HE ask YOU?! I dunno...he just did.. Ezran suddenly stood taller as she realized the ability that K'leb had. A prankish smile spread across her exotic face as she looked up at the young man.

((Sounds like a plan to me. Oh, hey, how big is Atisith going to be?))

Soria listened to the voices around her, botht the physical and the mental ones. She didn't catch everything that was said mentally. She figured the mental voices were a bit distorted due to her own fault. Setting that aside with a reminder to practise talking to the dragons instead of shutting them out. Soria giggled to K'leb, "Yes, and Atisith wants to try her hand at matchmaker. Ah, K'leb. Is it really so odd to be able to hear and talk to all dragons? Everyone seems so surprised by it or like we should be."

Atisith hummed an affirmative reply. Yes, and stubborn, too. But odd means interesting, right?"

Edited by Mijikoi

After a while, Isis became tired of sky-dancing over Neith, and retired to Cleo's shoulder. Neith herself returnd to a more normal gait at her rider's left side. Cleo walked along quietly with one hand on her gold dragonet's head, listening to the chatter of the rest of the group. Her eyes widened when she heard Soria talking about being able to hear and talk to any dragon, and wondered what it was like. Loud. Distracting. Or it would be if she hadn't spent most of her life blocking us out, supplied Neith. She bunted Cleo's hip with one shoulder. You should be glad you can't. You've got great empathy, rather like my royal little cousin on your shoulder. You project calmness that animals can pick up. She probably learned the trick from you, in fact.

Cleo smiled, stroking her Isis and Neith. Abruptly, they both jerked their heads up, noses pointing in the same direction as their nostrils dialated to draw in more deliciously meat-scented air from the kitchens. Their eyes picked up a touch of hungry red.

Edited by Ramoth

((Hmm. So that means Atisith should come somewhere say 56-57 ft? Cause she was bigger then Neith, but I don't know if that would have effected her growth. I don't see her being anywhere near as big as Ramoth, though. o.o My god they're big.))

((Wait....so I'm guessing this day in the RP?))

Are you hungry, Feyth? T'lom had been noticing the other dragons and their riders wanting to go to the kitchen. He was concerned that Feyth may be hungry, too.

No. You woke me up again! All I want to do is sleep. I'm just glad that green Fire Lizard left. Is she being a pain to you now?

You bet, and her name is Lira, by the way. Well, I'll pick up some food for you for later. I guess you should just go back to sleep.

Thank you....

T'lom managed to keep up with the rest of the group as Lira settled onto his shoulder. She wrapped her tail softly around his neck like a scarf as she peeked into the weyrs they walked by.

((I'm assuming so. They're still heading down for dinner. Man, it's really slow without Love.))

((It has seemed to slow down a whole lot lately.))

In her weyr, Koulcth woke with a start and began to cry piteously. Elna heard her and hushed her in her mind. It's okay dear, I'm right here. The little dragon quieted, and started to wander out of her weyr. She looked both ways in the hall, her eyes blinking drowsily, but then she went back to bed.

G'ty was laughing at his little dragon-infant, who was now turning over rocks and catching bugs, and generally exploring and having a great time.

Elna turned to glance back at T'lom, and smiled. "So, T'lom," she started, unsure of what to say. "Do you know your way around here? I've never been in a Weyr before." She looked up at the sky, and at the dragons, and marveled at her good fortune. Just earlier today, she'd been scared for her life, caught in threadfall.

((Will Atisith and Neith be learning to fly with the others or do you think they won't be ready? I mean, because it'd take them longer to be flight-ready, wouldn't it?))

((*sigh* firelizards are not allowed to grow more than the length of your arm and unless your my friend Ollie....I don't think your arms are that long. As for the dragons height, Ramoth topped it off at 60 and Tilleth and 58. Both Atisith and Neith are actually going to be very large and since they are from Ramoth and Mnementh, they should be at least 60 if not 61 ft tall each. Sorry about the times everyone....things have been a bit busy.))

((and Ramoth, sorry but your post with having Neith in there with them is not really allowed. The dragons don't enjoy being around many other people besides their riders. So the dragons please stay outside of the kitchens and on the sands.))

"I've never been in a weyr before either," T'lom said. He looked around at the weyr, really taking in its structure. "I used to work in mines, but this place is too big to be anything like a mine. I mean, I can actually stand up straight and not touch the ceiling. It's nice, but it'd be better if we knew our way around. I bet we'll pick up on it quickly, though. At least, I hope we will." He was relieved when they finally reached the kitchen. The other riders had been complaining of their dragonets' hunger. He watched with little interest as barrows of meat were wheeled past him. The others began to eat, but he wasn't too hungry. He was far too accustomed with a very small diet. Instead, he sipped some klah from a cup.

K'leb stopped abruptly and motioned for Ezran to take the lead using Jerome as her guide to the food. "All of you go ahead...I need to talk to her for a sec." he said and sat her down gently on a step that made her his height.

Ezran looked at T'lom. "I've been to a weyr...it was where i was sent to on search down Southern. I lived there for a few years then they sent me up here to see if I could impress and well...now Jubileth and I are best buds. Okay, manora will kill us if we take the dragons in the kitchens so tell them to stay on the sands and we will bring them some meat in a moment. But the firelizards are definitely (with an I, not an A) (sp?) allowed." she said patting Jerome's head.

Heedana looked around at the candidates that started to file in and wanted to leave but Zee placed a staying hand on her arm.