LoveLost

Pern: A World of Dragonriders and Dragons

As the humming came to a crescendo in both volume and tempo, Cleo's muscles tensed up. She was literally trembling with excitement. At the first crack, she snapped her head around to watch the first Hatched, a bronze fumble its way to the boy that had come in with Heedana just after Threadfall. As each subsequent egg hatched, she turned her head to look at each in turn, eyes widening as the two greens approached their group and turned to their respective choices. It was then that the rocking of the queen eggs in the corner of her eye stole her attention and breath away.

She watched breathlessly as they rocked, and rocked, and finally with an almighty CRACK, broke apart to spill two little queens onto the heated sand. Cleo's eyes bounced back and forth between them as they pushed their way through the other girls. When the smaller one turned to and advanced on Cleo, the woman's gaze locked on the dragonet's. When she spoke, her thoughts resonated in Cleo's mind. My name's Neith. Please feed me . . . I'm so hungry, and I itch.

Cleo's hand went to cradle dear Neith's head as her eyes swept around the crowd. "Neith needs food!" she announced, forgoing her distaste for attention on Neith's account. As soon as a drudge neared with a barrow of meat, Cleo's whole world narrowed to handing well sized chunks of meat to her golden darling.

----------------------------------------------------------

Neith was confined, and sooooooo hungry. She just had to break free. Had to, had to, had to NOW! A final surge of power all the way from her hind legs, up her back and neck, to her head finally broke through her blasted jail. Upon exiting her egg, Neith took a short moment to orient herself, feeling the sand, seeing the crowds, smelling the other dragons and her sister immediately to her right. She could hear her other siblings clamoring for attention, but they weren't Neith's primary concern. The newborn queen swept her gaze and thoughts around the group of females, searching for that one.

Then, finally, Neith sighted her. There. Towards the back near a female Impressed by a green. Tall, with tan skin, black hair, and brown eyes shifting between herself and her sister. Best rectify that. Neith bulled forward, shoving females out of her way. Before long, the one, Cleo, as Neith picked up from her mind, got the hint and locked her gaze on the one dragon ment for her. When she finally reached her bondmate, Neith pushed her glistening golden face into Cleo's abdomen and Impressed. My name's Neith. Please feed me . . . I'm so hungry, and I itch.

And all became right with the world as Cleo turned to summon food, and hand the meat to Neith, beginning to line her stomach after her great efforts, between Hatching, and walking all that way to get to Cleo.

Edited by Ramoth

((now if you want smile.gif ))

F'nor walked over to the newly impressed people. He, along with Lessa and 'nor designated their new and shortened names. They were still worried about the two that weren't impressed.

Ezran had detatched herself from Cleo and stoo watching the rather large green slightly mourning the fact that she hadn't impressed.

Kaleb watched the green but his attention was turned to a bronze that had a slight green tinge to his skin as he became ill with hunger. Little dragon, why don't you try and eat something? he asked through his universal telepathic ability.

Because i can't find my rider. Do you know who he is? i wish i could find him. The young dragonet sat down and started to cry out and bugle with alarm that he had no rider. Kaleb sighed and sat down with Ezran as they watched the two amble about.

Ezran nearly jumped and screamed when she felt the touch of another mind to hers. "Hello?" she said meekly. The green dragon roared a puny roar in pure unbridled anger as it ran to Ezran knocking her on her back. Many hands were there to help her get up though. hello? is that all your going to say? First you avoid me by going over to the queen eggs and then you refuse to hear me! "I..i didn't..I mean....sorry!" she shouted back at the dragon. Well are you going to feed me?! "oh dear..." she was about to turn to get a bowl when one was shoved into her hands by one of the older dragon riders and she quickly filled the dragonet until she was stuffed. "So what's your name?" she asked the little green one. Name? uh...well, since you are my rider I guess I could tell you. It's Jubileth. "Jubileth...that's really nice...oh yeah. My name is Ezran." The older dragons keep saying it's wierd for a green to impress girls but I think your great.

Kaleb watched with growing sadness as Ezran impressed her little green love. Heedana seemed to flow down the stairs and ran to embrace Kaleb. "I am so sorry." he could hear her say it over and over again while he watched the bronze grow hungrier and hungrier. He stood up and gently removed Heedana from his neck and walked out of the bowl. Much to his surprise, he was knocked over by a heavy weight on his back. Hey! You talked to me why didn't you tell me I was your dragon? because I can talk to all dragons. Well your my rider so feed me! Kaleb felt a sense of joy as he hugged the neck of the bronze man. Etanor flew down and chirpped at' the bronze dragon with joy. Who's that? That's Etanor. Eta who? Etanor, he's my firelizard. He looks like me just smaller...a lot smaller...hey why can't you talk? I don't know but I can talk to you. Kaleb was handed a large bowl of meat for his dragon. What's your name? My name? It's Kaleb...yours? Hethath is my name.

Heedana smiled happily as she watched all the weyrlings being led by older riders to their barracks so that they could sleep.

Zee stood beside Leodon and waited for him to slow down. "Cummon, you need to get to your barracks."

Talom stared back at the brown dragonet that sat before him. Had he already Impressed the dragon, or was it still wondering if he was the right human for him. The dragonet blinked once, then twice. It still sat before Talom, though. Finally the boy decided to do something. "Do you have a name?" he whispered softly. I am Feyth. Please feed me. Talom took a step back, surprised. The dragonet had a strong voice for its young age. He glanced around to see if anybody else had heard the voice, but it seemed apparent that the dragonet's voice was heard in his head. Telepathy of course. Finally Talom nodded as he reached for some food for the dragonet. Before Talom knew it, Feyth was gobbling down as much meat as possible. They both remained silent, though, none saying a word to the other.

((I'm going to color code Atisith and Soria when they talk. Is that okay, Lovelost?))

Soria glanced around for Kaleb as Atisith began to slow her eating. She saddened when she didn't see him but waved cheerfully to Heedana. She waited patiently as Atisith finished eating and wondered what to do next. she did take a piece of me to feed to the fire lizards in her belt pouch. using a knife from her boot, Soria cut it into small pieces and used one hand to feed Amphitere and Achronos. "M'Lady. I did it I Impress Atisith, a queen. But , um where's Kaleb? Is he okay?"

You worry too much, Soria. Atisith was pleased that she'd caught her rider's name. Soria gave the dragon a queer look and looked lost for words.

You just hatched how would you know that, Dearling. Soria's mind voice was colored with bafflement at Atisith.

Edited by Mijikoi

As soon as Neith had eaten her fill, and was beginning to get droopy eyelids, Cleo could look around to see who else had impressed. She smiled to see that Soria had gotten the other queen. They would be junior weyrwomen together, which pleased Cleo greatly. Kaleb had gotten a huge bronze, nearly as big as Neith. Ezran, the scored redhead, took a little finding, having been pounced by her large green.

F'lar, Lessa, and F'nor were leading the new Weyrlings to the Weyrling barracks, and Cleo hurried to catch up, chivvying Neith along, although the hatchling only wanted to sleep, or be scratched, or preferably both. Thinking of hatchlings, Cleo called down Isis, to introduce her fire-lizard to her new dragon. This time, she tried speaking silently. Neith? Wake up a bit, dear. This is Isis. She's only about a week older than you.

Neith took a tired sniff at the young fire-lizard, who chirped happily, curling about Cleo's neck. Will she scratch me, oil me, feed me? At Cleo's reassurance and Isis's continuing soft whistles, the tired dragonet walked on, leaning against her beloved's legs at every stopping point. She was as glad as a sleepy baby could be when the group finally reached the barracks. Neith stirred up enough life to claim one of the prime cubbies for herself and Cleo, grumbling at the other colors to move on. She was about to clamber into her bunk when she was interrupted by Cleo.

Hold on a moment, love. You said you were itchy. I should probably oil you. Cleo went looking for the oil, bringing back an extra bottle for Soria's queen. "Here, Soria. Do you want to work together? Even with Isis's help, dragons hatch pretty big."

Soria turned to Cleo when the new rider handed her a bottle of oil. She nodded and looked down to Atisith who seemed to be nodding off where the dragon stood. Deciding that Heedana hadn't heard her, she nudged Atisith awake a bit to move to a bunk. "Thank you and yeah, I'd be delighted. Oh, and congratulations on Impressing your queen."

Soria glanced about once more for Kaleb, but amoungst the other new riders and she hadn't been able to find him. With a sigh, she prepared to help Cleo while Atisith got comfortable to wait her turn. Soria figured the larger gold hatchling just wanted to sleep more then get an oiling. I'll wake you when it's your turn, okay, Atistih?

When she recieved a postive, albiet sleepy, reply, Soria turned to Cleo and gave a nod."So, let's get started."

Edited by Mijikoi

(Leodon, Deemeath)

Leodon sighed in content as Deemeath began to drift off to sleep. He turned around to face Zee and nodded, quickly waking Deemeath from his sleep. "It's time to go, little one.", he whispered softly. Deemeath grunted and stood up on wobbley feet. Leodon smiled and led the little bronze back to the wyreling barracks.

Deemeath grumbled and collapsed to the ground for a short sleep. Leodon nudged him up saying, "I need to oil you.". Deemeath snorted and said, I dont want to, i'm to tired. Leodon laughed and said, "If you dont do it now, you will itch terribly later". Deemeath grumbled to his feet as a drudge walked into the room carrying oil. He explained in hushed tones as Deemeath stretched his limbs.

Leodon smiled and accepted the oil. The drudge explained quitly that Leodon had to shorten his name now that he was a rider. Leodon thought for a moment then said, "I choose L'don.". The drudge pulled out some hide and a quill and recorded the name. Deemeath grunted approvingly when the name was written. L'don opened the oil and slathered it over Deemeath. He allowed L'don to slather him completely then smooth it in. When this was done, Deemeath fell to the ground and began to snore quitly. L'don smiled then sat down on his bed, at just that moment another drudge came in with is hatcher. L'don smiled and thanked him, suddenly remembering his firelizards. He called for them mentally and they appeared in front of him after several minutes. L'don apologized and told them to be quite and find somewere to settle down. they did what they were told, even if they both were still annoyed. Now L'don could relax, he sat back down on his bed and let his mind wander.

Talom began to follow the others to the barracks. Your name is T'lom now, I assume? Talom nearly stopped when he heard the voice in his head again. It was the first words the dragonet had said since it had stated its name. "Yes, I believe it is now," T'lom mumbled. He had forgotten that his name would be changed once he Impressed a dragon. He much preferred his old name, but he would learn to like his new one. He had to. Stop worrying, T'lom. It's a good name, and I like it. T'lom also realized that he would have to get used to the intrusions on his thoughts, but he did what Feyth said and stopped worrying. He could already see the dragonet was tired as he watched the other weyrlings claim their new homes. He watched the two new Queen riders go off to their own place as he followed the few browns. He found a nice cubby for himself, and Feyth instantly fell asleep on the floor. Lira and Hayzef glided in to see Feyth, and Hayzef squeaked with joy. Lira glared at him as T'lom laughed. He knew she had wanted him to get a green. She flew away to go explore the rest of the barracks.

Edited by BlueApollo

Cleo smiled. "Thanks, and congratulations to you, too. She's even bigger than Neith. What's her name?" The normally more reserved girl was still bubbly in reaction to the Hatching and Impression, but she still caught Soria looking around for someone amongst the weyrlings. It didn't take Cleo long to guess who she was looking for. Her eyes were on her dearling as she spread the oil and massaged it in as she said, "I saw Kaleb Impressed a downright huge bronze." She motioned Isis down from her shoulders and gave her mini-queen a little bit of rag and began showing her how to rub the oil in. It didn't take Isis long to figure out, since she still remembered having the same done to her. In fact, Isis began making little inquiring noises at Cleo. "I'll do you after Soria's queen," she responded.

Neith relaxed under her rider's attentions and accepted the fire-lizard's ministrations as her just due. The golden dragonet leaned into Cleo's hands. The oil felt soooo goood. Almost as good as her full tummy felt. She felt so good and content, Neith began crooning and purring, which sounded rather odd when done at the same time.

"Her name is Atisith. Yeah, she is a bit larger. I wonder how big she'll be when she stops growing? Soria spoke dreamily as she thought of her Atisith. Soria gave a mental cheer of joy for Kaleb when she heard the news of his bronze and nearly did a dance in her happiness. All of them had managed to Impress a dragon. She grabbed a clean clothe and started on the opposite side of Neith. "That's good news for Kaleb. He deserved to have a dragon. He's such a nice man. Oh, that means his name changes today donesn't it?"

"Atisith," Cleo said the name as if tasting it. "Neat name. Maybe she'll be as big as Ramoth when she's grown, with Neith not that far behind. Kaleb will be K'leb now, I think." The new weyrwoman rubbed oil into her dragon's legs, wings, and tail before finishing off with a few burnishing swipes to her beloved's face. "There. That should do it. You can go to sleep now, love," she informed Neith. Her little dragon promptly crawled onto her bunk, curled up and fell deeply asleep.

"Now it's your beauty's turn," Cleo said, turning back to Soria and Atisith. "Then we can each do our fire-lizards, since they'll probably be wanting their share of attention." Cleo reached up to stroke Isis's haunch, which was perched along her right shoulder. "I wonder when we'll be moving our things from the Candidates' barracks to these ones," she wondered aloud.

Heedana had zoned out completely when Soria had spoken to her. She followed all of the candidates to their new Weyrs and helped a few of them tuck in and oil their dragons. When she was done with the others, she decided to step in and check on Soria and Cleo who had chosen rooms next to each other. "His name is K'leb as of today. Just like Leodon's is L'don, Talom's is T'lom, Gurty's is G'ty and Jareb's is J'reb." she sighed happily and watched them oil the little queens. "It was a good impression and I can't wait till your little beauty's take to the sky. Tilleth will be absolutely thrilled." she said and as if to confirm what she said, Tilleth gave a resounding bugle from her weyr at the top of Benden.

The former Kaleb, now K'leb looked around the bowl and realized how tired he was. Come along my bronze fellows. How about we go take a nap? he asked then soflty and gently. Etanor crooned in agreement but instead of crooning, Hethath decided to but K'leb out of the way. In butting him out of the way, he cause Kaleb to fall and land on a rather hard rock with his neck. he could feel people helping him up and he let out a groan of pain as he felt his neck. Wait a second...he thought and looked up at F'nor.

F'nor was kneeling down beside K'leb a worried look all over his face and reflected in the eyes of his brown dragon. "K'leb are you okay?" he asked and when he heard the groan his heart skipped a beat.

Oh shards! i am sooo sorry! please forgive me I hope you are okay! "I'm fine." came the startled response in a silky smooth voice. K'leb took in the surprised gasps of those around him as he realized what had happened. When K'leb was born, the birth canal had caused his vocal cords to close in upon each other and fold down. He lived his life without ever speaking but when Hethath knocked him over and down onto the rock, the vocal cords were broken loose from what would have been considered a permanent bond. "F'nor! i can talk!"

F'nor had tears in his eyes as he embraced the young man that he had watched grow up in the dark but he knew that this boy was bright. "i can hear you...I can." he said and then helped K'leb up. "Now you had better tell Heedana before she skins you alive." He said wiping tears form his eyes and then wiping some from K'leb's. Canth crooned happily and relayed the message to Tilleth.

Heedana's eyes grew wide and she gasped with excitement. Yenay, Tricky and Huzah circled around her chittering excitedly. "Shush shush! You'll wake the queens!" she said and grabbed them in her arms.

F'nor helped K'leb up and he made sure that the rather large bronze had some support. "Let's get you to the wyer's." He said and he and K'leb walked up the weyr ramps. He left K'leb to his own devices at the top of it and let him walk down the halls with the dragonet.

K'leb meandered the halls until her found Soria, Cleo and Heedana. Hethath bumped him again and shoved him out of the way to see his sister. K'leb caught Heedana as she fell back. "Well hello there." he said to the three queen riders. "Bronze rider K'leb at your service." he said and bowed with one across his chest.

Heedana hugged K'leb quickly and stepped back to pat the head of the little dragonets. "I didn't think it was true!" she said and walked out of the room and down the halls with a happy lilt in her step. She peeked into a few rooms making sure that the new riders were sleeping and all right when she came upon L'don. "hey leo...I mean L'don, were you able to get him oiled?" she asked motioning to the bronze Deemeath.

"They'll definitely be big and we'll probably move while the hatchlings are all asleep." Soria answered, before turning to her sleeping dragon. With a gentle prod, she coaxed Atisith into rousing and at the same time reopened the pouch for her fire lizards for the second time since Atisith hatched. She left the pouch wide open for the two this time, though. When Atisith was standing, Soria ran a hand over her queen's eye ridges before setting to work with the oil. It was hard for her to believe she'd Impressed a dragon let alone a queen. When heedana had wlaked up to them Soria laughed to her self as she recalled her conversation with Heedana about becoming a queen rider. "Oh, Shard it all. I have to call you by your first name, don't I, m'Lady?"

She grew quiet but continued to oil Atisith moving to a new area of the gold. She heard the firelizards excited noises, but waited to see what was going on and kept to her task. When she heard K'leb speak, her eyes widen and she spun around to see him and Heedana. Soria cheweed on the inside of her cheek as she looked at him. She felt a nudge from Atisitha, demanding she finish the last bit of oiling so the dragon could go back to sleep. Soria opened her mouth and closed it, before turning to finish her side of Atisith. Unfortunately, Atisith chose that moment to be helpful and commented that if Soria wanted to talk to him she should just do so. Soria slapped her own forehead in embarassment.

Edited by Mijikoi

Cleo set to work on Atisith with a will, asking Isis to help once more. There was rather more to oil, but Cleo just considered it conditioning for when her Neith reached that size, and if Atisith maintained her size advantage, Cleo would continue to do so. At least, she would if Soria wanted her to. She smiled at Heedana in greeting, but didn't interrupt her work. Then when K'leb came in with his bronze bulling him out of the way, she smiled again. But her smile froze when he spoke, and her expression turned to a more bewildered one. "You can talk," she stated, with a slightly questioning tone. "But how?" She went back to oiling Atisith, turning the event over in her mind. Why couldn't he speak before? How did it return? And how by the Three Sisters did he know how to talk? You only had to be around human toddlers a short time to learn that humans had to learn how to manipulate their mouths, and all within, to form the sounds that make up words. When had he learned that?

Cleo went back to work, turning all those questions and more over in her mind. So preoccupied was she that she missed Heedana leaving, and the little interchange between Soria and the very dragon Cleo was working on.

Your friend is very good at this. You'll convince her to help again, right? Atisith lazily commented to Soria.

If she doesn't mind it, Atisith, then I'll be glad to ask for her help. I already plan to help her with Neith if she'll allow me too. Soria squished the urge to run over to talk to K'leb until she finished talking to Cleo and oiling Atisith. "Um, so, when do you think they'll tell us our duties as Junior Weyrwomen will be? At least, I'm assuming we will be because of Neith and Atisith."

Cleo answered Soria's question absentmindedly, "I assume we'll get at least some basic training right along with the rest of the weyrlings. Couldn't tell you how soon we'd get specialized instruction." A slightly frightening thought came to Cleo, and it showed on her face. "I wonder if Lessa will be one of our teachers. I'd guess she'll take some degree of interest in us, but she's kinda . . . intense." Cleo snuck a look at Soria, more than half a smile on her face. "Don't you agree?"

Isis had worked her way down Atisith's spine, rubbing her mush larger cousin thoroughly. As Cleo was talking to Soria about Lessa, she was about a third of the way down the dragonet's tail, chittering in a rebuking tone when Atisith swung her tail from one side to the other, taking the litte Isis for an impromptu ride when she was just trying to get some work done. The poor little fire-lizard queen was rather indignant.

"Actually, I don't remember meeting, Lady Lessa. It does make sense, but wouldn't she have too many duties to train us? They might have Lad- Er, I mean, Heedana train us." Soria looked over to the chittering Isis. She gave a laugh when she saw Isis on Atisith's tail. "Sorry, Isis."

Soria looked over to where K'leb where Heedana had been but jerked her eyes back to Atisith when she glimpsed K'leb. You should talk to him when you finsh all the oiling.

Maybe. I don't even know if he'll want to talk to me. I mean, I don't know. We'll see, Atisith. Now, be nice to poor Isis, Dearling. Soria lightly chasitized her golden friend.

"I hope so, too. I like Heedana. She's nice," Cleo replied. When her eyes went to Isis's predicament, she also laughed quietly. She bent to work on Atisith's legs and feet, but she looked up over the golden bulk to comment, "You know, Isis might well try that again once she gets over herself, but on purpose. Make a game out of it. And then teach that game to any fire-lizard that'll learn."

Once Isis was finished with that waving tail, she fluttered over to land next to Cleo, reaching up on her hind legs to work on Atisith's rear leg. Cleo watched her fire-lizard with a small smile on her face. "Such intelligent critters, they are. Just a week old and she only needs to be shown a task once to learn it," she murmured.

((Hey, can you tell me if the stuff on this site is right? Pern guide It looks like it to me but I'm not entirely certain.))

"I have the feeling my little Amphitere is going to be difficult on purpose." Soria smiled down at the two little fire lizards that were in thier pouch. they were peeking out of it with curious looks. Atisith leveled an eye with the two, before looking at Soria. Amphitere and Achronos meet Atisith. Aisith meet Amphitere and Achronos.

Soria paused a moment and groaned. This was going to be a lot of work. "I have three hatchlings to tend. And they all hatched on the same day."

((It looks alright. Except for a bit about the fire-lizards. I've never heard of them being called "flits", and they do have to chew firestone to breathe fire, just rather less of it. But all I looked at was the first page that came up. Do you want me to look through any more of it? Here's another site with lots of information, but more focused on the dragons: Cibryen Weyr - Dragon Guide))

"At least the fire-lizards will mature much sooner," Cleo replied with sympathy. Then she turned slighty mischevious. "They certainly won't get as big as this great lump here." Cleo patted Atisith on the shoulder and gave her glowing golden hide one more swipe with her cloth. "I'm done on this side. How about you?"

((It's okay. I was just looking for a guide on the Pern dragons so I wouldn't get lost. It's going to be a bit till I can go buy some more books for the series. stupid limitations.))

"That is good news. And they most definitelt not as big as Atisith." Soria joined in on teasing the sleepy dragon, who huffed at her. Soira finished one last patch on Atisith. Go on. Go get some sleep, Dearling.

"Yep. All done on this side." Soria watched Atisith amble to her spot to sleep. Once her bonded was fully asleep, Soria turned to Cleo. She decided against going to talk to K'leb. He'd need time with his bronze and she didn't want to get in the way with that. And what need does he have to talk to me, now that he may talk to anyone.

"So, I suppose we should go pack our things in our old rooms to prepare for new ones? And now for the question of all questions." Soria scratched the back of her head and looked about at the different entrances. "Which way to our rooms?"

L'don came out of his daze and looked over to Heedana. "Yes, a drudge came to give me oil. I'm so used to oiling down my firelizards it was easy.", L'don said calmly. He gave a soft laugh as to not wake up Deemeath then stood up to look out of his barracks to Heedana. "So how is everyone else doing?", He asked tentatively, fully aware that any one of the new queens, or even Heedana, could be his new mate. At that moment he got a strange chill as his firelizards awoke. His pupals dilated and he went into a sort of daze. Turning his back on Heedana, he walked back into his barracks. Inside, Marneth was chasing Pterax around the room. They continued this dance until Pterax slowed down and allowed Marneth to grab onto her. L'don gave a whimper as they fell to the ground in a wonderful embrace. L'don's eyes rolled back into his head as the firelizard passion overwhelmed him. He fell to the ground and passed out.

K'leb smiled and turned to Cleo when she asked him his question. He could hear the thoughts rolling around in her head because of Neith. "When my dear Hethath knocked me over, my kneck landed on a rock, which loosened my vocal cords so I could talk. And uh..." he looked where Heedana had left nervously brushing his hair from his face. Hethath looked up at his rider his eyes whirling a slight purple/blue and orange. K'leb patted the dragons head to calm the uncertainty that he did feel. "I guess, since you two will know from Heedana anyways, I can uh...i can talk to all dragons..." he said and grabbed a pot of oil from a drudge that passed by. Hethath shoved his head into K'leb's hip. "Enough! Your bruising me more than I can walk!" he said lovingly and oiled the dragonet with obvious practice and then oiled Etanor.

Heedana laughed when L'don asked so softly. "Everyone is doing great." she blushed slightly as the idea of L'don being her mate netered her mind. She watched him get up. "L'don?" she recognized the symptoms from one of the other riders. She followed him to the other room and caught him when he fainted. She saw the two fire lizards in their mating dance and blushed at what he must have been feeling. She looked down at him and smiled as she hefted him over her shoulder and took him back to his room and laid him on the bunk next to Deemeath. "L'don? wake up." she whispered softly not wanting to wake the dragon.

Ezran, with some help, was led to her room with her dear sweet Jubilath.

Soria stared at K'leb when he said he could talk to all dragons. Was that rare? Soria new Dragons could choose someone to talk to, so she'd thought it worked both ways. Soria bit her lip again. She was tempted to ask but pusehed the urge down and instead smiled at K'leb. "Well, congratulations on both your voice and Hethath. Oh, and did you hear Miss Cleo got a gold."

You should talk to him.

I know, but not now and most assuredly not about that. I doubt he'd appreciate hearing it, Dearest. Soria frowned in the direction of Atisith. Idly, she wondered what the dragon was up to. Atisith simply decided to wait and see if Heedana would help with her stubborn human. Sleep, Atisith, I'll be back when you wake.

L'don's eyes fluttered open to see the bright face of Heedana. "Wha... What happened?", L'don said groggily. His head still throbbed with the memory of the firelizard passion. Heedana must have thought he was very girly, fainting and wutnot. L'don blushed at the thought of Heedana carrying him to his bed. L'don looked over to see Deemeath still fast asleep, his thoughts seemed a bit shaken up though. L'don sighed then rubbed his temples to stop his throbbing head.