LoveLost

Pern: A World of Dragonriders and Dragons

(( I'm glad she's okay, but that sounds painful. Oh, and do you still want me to PM you my gold's name?))

((please? I will try and post as my people here pretty son after I re-do mom's stuffing...lol!))

((I know this is gonna sound bad (considering, y'kow, Njoine) but I'm quite a bit squeamish when it coms to seeing bleeding live poeple(as in not in movies),

(Ok, i have decided to rename Leodon as L'don, name my dragon Deemeath, and have an overall AWESOMETASTICFABULISHIOUS character. I already sent lovelost this info and i cant wait for the hatching!)

(ummm bumpity?)

(its a post that "bumps" the thread to the top of the page.)

Edited by leodoug

(yes, i think so, lolz)

((Ah, well. Hey, do you think we'll get more people now that the eggs are hatching?))

((more than likely. Once the eggs hatch, there will be dragons up for grabs. Once Ramoth, or Tilleth clutch, then others can sign up as Candidates.))

((the odd thing about me Mijikoi, is that i can handle everything BUT snot and spit...it's horrible!))

((I got your dragon description and I love it! You don't really need it but it was nice of you to send that in Leo smile.gif ))

Heedana quickly started to drag the other Candidates on and gently apologized for F'nor's abruptness. With a quick hand motion, Heedana signaled Tilleth to leap into the air. Her golden muslces bunched and rippled as she launched herself and all the riders into the air. With a few wingbeats, she was over the bowl and landed far enough away from the eggs so as not to cause Ramoth any heartache. Heedana lept down first and helped the others down before hopping back up and flying to a ledge where the other dragons were perched and humming. Yenay, Tricky and Huzah landed on and around her making sure to join their humming in with the dragons'.

F'nor shoved the rest of his riders up onto his brown and hopped up behind them. He was soon up in the air behind Heedana and flew through a tunnel that barely fit the bronzes that were flying ahead of him carrying other Candidates. They burst out into the sunlight again and he landed to drop off the Candidates that he carried. With flowing movements, he lifted each of them off of his dragon then lept into the air to take his spot next to his brother F'nor.

Kaleb was standing there holding Ezran up to make sure that she wouldn't fall. His mind was whirling with senses of doubt and hatred that Heedana would push him to humiliate himself again. Many of the weyrfolk above him seemed to be looking down on him with surprise since he was only known as a drudge. He looked at Ramoth unsure of what to do.

Ezran was slightly teetering from the throbbing of the threadscore that would take ages to heal. At least ages in the time of a young person. She leaned heavily on Kaleb while watching the dragons around her humming and then she would look at the eggs while they rocked to and fro as the dragonets inside started to try and break free from their birth bonds.

When Soria had gotten to the ground, she'd rushed over to help the girl with Ezran. Granted she couldn't do much but place a comforting hand on Ezran's, but she wanted to help some. Her eyes drifted over to the dragon eggs with apprehension. She pushed her worry down and thought about her wonderful this experience was. She hoped Kaleb and Cleo got a bonded at the very least. The two were wonderful people.She focused back on the rocking eggs with a smile full of hope and joy. Well, we'll see how it goes.

Leodon gulped as he wondered out to join the other candidates on the hatching grounds. Even through his thick- souled sandals he could feel the heat of the sands. Leodon looked out at the wriggling mass of multicolored eggs. They began to crack and shudder as some of the dragons began to come out of their eggs.

Talom stumbled onto the hatching grounds with the rest of the Candidates. He heart thudded in his chest with excitement. The day was finally here! He was tired from gathering firestone and the Threadfall, but it didn't affect his enthusiasm and the rush of adrenaline he was already feeling. He looked to his left, making sure no one was in his blind spot before he turned to face the eggs. It could mean trouble if somebody else was there and he didn't see them.

(@lovelost, are you going to control the hatching of the eggs or do you want us to?)

Cleo took her place a little apart from the other Candidates, with the other girls facing the two queen eggs. Although Mirrim had Impressed a green, it was still expected that female Candidates present themselves first to the golden hatchlings, since there was naturally fewer suitable choices. Cleo's heartrate began to speed up as adrenaline began to flow through her system. Her gaze swept across the whole clutch, but regularly returned to the two queen eggs. She did hope Soria might get one of the queens, nice girl like her. And she found that she sincerely wanted the other for herself.

Seeing Kaleb in the semicircle around the queen eggs supporting one of the girls, the one that had gotten Threadscored, Cleo moved over behind him. "I'll help her, you go stand over with the other eggs," she smiled. "Maybe you'll get a bronze."

((well, do you guys want to do it?))

Kaleb looked at Cleo and smiled. With a thankful nod, he walked over to the eggs where the other boys were and stood with them hoping that this would soon be over.

Ezran looked at Cleo and blushed. "Sorry." she murmered and looked at the queen eggs hoping to impress one. Her heart thudded deep inside her chest with the strength of a southerner. With a shaking hand, she brushed her fiery hair back from her face.

(i dont care, whatever way is easier for you)

((alright then, I guess I'll control it but once the dragons impress, they are yours to take over.))

(wootwoot! ok then, i cant wait!)

((It's a but like when fire lizards hatch, except you don't feed them to Impress, right?))

Soria glanced back when she saw Ezran shift out of the corner of her eye. She watched Kaleb walk away and Cleo support Ezran. Stepping away from Ezran and Cleo, Soria looked over to the rest of the candidates. In her belt pouch, she could feel the fire lizards tumbling over each other in play against her abdomen. She wasn't certian if they'd joined in the humming, as she couldn't hear them over the others. She placed a calming hand against the pouch and turned herattention back to the eggs.

((Oh, they'll still be desparate for food, but it isn't the deciding factor the way it is with fire-lizards. In fact, there are probably weyr drudges frantically pushing wheel-barrows full of raw, butchered meat to the Hatching Ground periphery at this moment.))

"No problem," Cleo murmured to the redhead. She grinned slightly. "This day will impact how the whole of our lives proceed for the rest of our days. I'm rather fidgety myself." Her gaze did another sweep around the clutch. "By the way, I'm Cleo. What's your name?"

((correct...although, the dragonets have an insatiable hunger when they are first born.))

Ezran had just enough time to say her name before the first egg just so happened to hatch.

The eggs were rocking harder than ever when a gasp went up in the crowd that was seated on the stands. An egg with bronze swirls had tipped and a small head had started to peek through its eyes whirling a bright red to signify it's urgency and hunger. With a few more straggling scrapes, the little bronze was out. It was a good sign that a bronze was first to hatch. He walked around crying piteously while peering into the faces of each boy. He came to Kaleb and then to Leodon. His red eyes started to take on a blue tinge as he bumped his head into Leodon's stomach. I'm so hungry... it said to Leodon. The impression had happened.

Several greens had hatched by that time and most had found their riders along with a few of the blues except for one. He started to push around people searching in vain for his rider. (waiting for Odio on this one)

Two of the other greens were looking around the queens hoard and bumped into each other several times as they gazed into each face hoping to find their rider. One of them looked up at the stands where the green rider Mirrim was and then turned back to the girls around the queen eggs. She soon found her rider in a dark haired girl; Elna. Please Please feed me! i can feel my stomach eating away at my insides!

The queen eggs began to rock and finally, in time, they cracked and two rather large dragonets plopped out onto the ground. They began to creel iin hunger as they barreled around several girls nearly knocking many of them over. Their eyes whirled swiftly and redly as they tried to find their life friend. One of them, a slightly smaller one, walked over to Cleo and thrust her nose into her face with a sound that was somewhat like one of surprise. Please feed me...i am so hungry and I itch.

The second queen, the larger of the two, looked around over and over again and had to push a few people out of the way to find her rider. She slipped and fell face first in the sand in front of Soria's feet. Ow...that hurt. Came the piteous voice within Soria's mind.

Two browns were left unimpressed while most had already found theirs. They searched and searched. One of them came up to Talom and seemed to sit there right in front of him waiting for him to do something. The other brown looked far logner and was becoming faint with hunger when he found Jareb. Hello? can you hear me? i have been calling you and i am very hungry! he complained.

There were two dragons that were still unimpressed. A rather large bronze and a blue sized green.

Leodon gasped in excited surprise as the bronze spoke to him, just like the firelizards did. Leodon knelt down and began to slowly scratch the bronze's eye ridges. It hummed with pleasure as Leodon whispered, "Ill get you food soon, it should be getting here shortly, and do you have a name ?". The bronze rumbled and said, "Of course i have a name! I am called Deemeath.". Leodon smiled then said, "Well then Deemeath, I am Leodon.". Leodon's firelizards squeeked and flew over in excitement to look at the new bronze. Just at that moment the meat was wheeled in, Deemeath grumbled then tried to get up to run over to the food. He collapsed in hunger and Leodon laughed. He quickly grabbed some meat and brought it over to Deemeath. He dug in eagerly and gorged on the overwhelmingly smelly meat. Leodon sat down to admire his new, shining, wonderful dragon.

(when do we change our names, and thank you!)

((*falls over laughing* I just imagined a dragon pulling a Seymour.))

Ow...that hurt.

Soria listened to the dragon in her mind and found herself kneleling next the gold dragonet. She reached a gentle hand to run soothing lines over the golden eyeridges. Soria cast a quick glance to Cleo and her queen and then to Kaleb. Her attention went back to the gold dragon in front of her. She helped the little queen get up-right as she replied. That happens to all of us sometimes, Dearling. I trust you're hungry?And, oh dear, what am I to call you?

Atisith, is what I'm named and yes, please feed me.

With a laugh Soria looked for the meat that had to be around and helped her dragon over to it. She carefully gave Atisith meat as the gold happily munched on the pro-offered meat. She gave the drudge that had wheeled it in a grateful smile and made sure to leave room for other new riders. When you wake up later, dear Atisith, I'll show you Amphitere and Achronos.