LoveLost

Pern: A World of Dragonriders and Dragons

((Zomg! So much to catch up on! I'm still two pages back... I'm gonna post the Impressions and then I'll read and edit the rest in or add another reply or something... btw thanks you Lovelost! * laugh.gif * Hatching!!!))

((Oh and I'm gonna change the colors so it matches their dragons' colors))

((I found a neat colors site - Mangaholic found it, actually, I got it from her RP Midsummer Shadows. Here's the link: http://www.draac.com/colorchart.html ))

Gurty was standing among the other young boys when all the eggs started to rock and hatch. He was enthralled, and excited that his sister was here too. When all the eggs broke open, he felt a pang of hunger hit his stomach like a brick wall, but he couldn't tell where it was coming from. Then he saw him - a dark dark blue dragon, with bright wings. He was small in size, just like Gurty! Then he heard a voice in his mind. G'ty! it was saying, G'ty, where are you? His face lit up with joy and he ran over to his dragon. It turned around and its eyes swirled from red to a deep violet, and G'ty felt the world spin around him, and they fell into each other, and onto the hot sands. Lucath! It was all he could think.

Across the way, G'ty's sister Elna was standing with the queen candidates, next to Soria and Cleo and Ezran. She couldn't imagine riding a beautiful queen, and leading an entire Weyr of her own. She just wanted to go back to her home in Half-Circle and fish, but then she thought for a second, as she saw her brother find his little blue dragon, that maybe she belonged here. Just then she felt her stomach cramp up, and she doubled over onto the sands, nearly burning her hands. She looked up and saw two green dragons, and heard a voice in her mind. Which one was hers? There she was - a shiny green with glowing red eyes. Elna forgot about everything, she only saw her Kuolcth's glowing green hide, and felt their minds become one.

Jareb was standing next to Talom, shifting his feet on the hot hot sands. He looked on as the others around him Impressed, and began to feel down. He was raised in the Weyr, shouldn't he have Impressed by now? This wasn't his first time on the Sands, either. Not that he'd been a candidate for long. Mostly he'd been a sort of unofficial candidates, more of a weyrbrat than anything else. He was just about to accept that he'd failed once more when he heard a voice in his head. He looked up, and around. There! There was his brown! A dark ruddy hatchling, rather tall and leggy, came loping toward him. It bugled at him, and at the same moment he heard his voice in his mind. J'eb, he said, my name is Maenath. Please, can we eat? I am so hungry. J'eb smiled down at his new dragon. Yes, Maenath. Come, follow me.

((Haha you guys are funny - I just saw ur last OoC comments. I've had this window open working this post and a few others open too ninja.gif ))

((Yeah, like I said - wayyy behind but I'll catch up in a sec!))

Edit:

((Ooookay I just read everything smile.gif Of course I finally post once everyone's gone to bed! Where are all the characters, exactly? I got a little confused.))

After the weyrlings fed their dragons, they were instructed to go to their new weyrs and oil them to sleep. G'ty and Elna didn't have any belongings, except whatever Elna had in the boat (she assumed it was still lying in the middle of the weyrbowl, everybody had left for the Sands in such a rush that she hadn't even thought about it), and J'eb had to move his things from his old room back by the kitchens, with the crafters and drudges of the Weyr. Elna's little brown Eccos had been hiding in her hair the whole Hatching, and as they left the Hatching Sands he dared to poke his head out.

(( Yep yep... I have some ideas but I don't really know where everyone is rolleyes.gif so I'll just wait till tomorrow ^. ))

Edited by Odio

Cleo laughed when Soria crept up behind K'leb and pounced on him. She hoped that wouldn't define their relationship in the future, her pouncing him. Well, maybe it would be amusing to watch. Anyway, she responded to K'leb, eyebrows twitching, "I'd be happy to tour the Weyrfolk areas, but first I have to go back to my new cubby, drop my things off and oil Isis. She's still quite young, and I haven't had the chance to oil her since this morning before breakfast." Cleo turned to follow T'lom back to their barracks.

Isis crooned when her human friend returned, anticipating the wonderful oiling. Cleo moved her clothes from the canvas bag to a small trunk beneath her bunk, set her brush and things on a ledge and placed her sheep toy on top of her blanket. Then she retrieved the oil jar and sat down on Neith's bunk, since there was still a little space left, space that would all too soon vanish. Anyway, Isis hopped over to Cleo's lap and arranged herself to have oil rubbed into her dry, itchy skin.

L'don smiled and said,"I was kind of expecting this, I don't blame you for avoiding it.". L'don lifted himself off the bed and said,"that's why I bought the hatcher. Its actually very exciting,I'm going to get to raise some more little firlizards!".

Shyra was standing on the very hot Hatching grounds. She looked around as some of the eggs started to hatch, and looked to the small greens. Most of them headed in other directions but one was heading towards her and a group of the other candidates. By some instinct, she stepped forward towards the small dragon. "Hello," she said softly as the green's eyes looked up to hers. she reached out to scratch her eye ridge. "What's your name?"

((is her name assigned, or do I pick it? I didn't get it in my PM.))

((You get to pick it. At least we all got to pick ours. you just have to PM Lovelost to let her know the name so she can add it to the front page.))

K'leb shouted in surprise nearly frighteneing the bronze Etanor. "whoa! Hi there Soria." he said and laughed as he hooked his hands underneath her legs. "How about we all do the tour after dinner tonight. Lessa usually allows the candidates a little bit of a late night." he laughed again and started to walk towards the tunnel that led to the barracks. He looked back to the weyrlings weyrs and opened up his mouth. "T'lom! J'eb!, G'ty! Elna!" he called back to them wanting them to come with. Hethath watched the other hatchlings and decided to go back to the weyr and sleep.

Heedana laughed. "Well it was smart of you to think about that." she said and stood up while brushing off her skirt. "Are you going to go with the other weyrlings to see the Weyr with K'leb?" she asked gently knowing that L'don might be a little bit dishevled still.

((gonna edit in more tmrrw.gonna go play some street hockey smile.gif ))

L'don lifted himself off the bed and gave a little stretch. "I think i will go, i feel a bit better.". L'don then tiptoed out of the room as to not wake up Deemeath, waving goodbye to Heedana. Marneth flew after him and landed on his shoulder, explaining that Pterax was resting. L'don smiled and said, "That should be ok, she deserve her rest.". L'don then turned the corner to find K'leb and the two queen riders. "Hello, I am L'don, I was just wondering if i could tag along with you on the tour of the Wyre.", he said happily.

((OOOh, color full, Odio. I just might use one of the colors on there. I'm gonna go a head and change Soria to Teal and leave Atisith Orange))

"Sounds like a plan to me, K'leb.Amphitere and Achronos are a bit hungry." Soria giggled and set her chin on K'leb's shoulder. She could feel Atisith's sleepy grin in her mind, a statement of the dragon's approval. Soria, herself, was simply glad she hadn't been tossed on her butt. She gave L'don a smile when he'd asked to come along. "I don't mind, if K'leb doesn't mind. He is going to be the tour leader."

((Apparently the Candidate barracks aren't very far from the Weyrling barracks.))

Cleo finished oiling Isis, with the fire-lizard queen spread out upside down on her lap. "Now, darling. Do you want to tour the Weyr with me and the rest of the Weyrlings, or do you want to stay and sleep on Neith?" she asked Isis. Isis yawned, but quickly climbed up Cleo's arm to perch around her neck. Cleo stood up and turned, bidding temporary farewell to Neith. I'll be back soon, love. Sleep well. She got a little croon in reply.

Cleo returned to the group just as Heedana's Candidate approached and introduced himself. She repeated his name mentally, trying to fix it with his face, and the fact that he'd impressed a bronze. "Hello, L'don. I'm Cleo, and this is Isis," she said, gesturing at the golden tail visible around her neck. Isis popped her head into view, instinctively framing her golden head with Cleo's jet-black hair, and chirped at the bronze on L'don's shoulder.

I believe you are needed elsewhere. Feyth yawned. You may go. I believe I will take another nap. T'lom shrugged and stopped oiling Feyth as the dragonet's breathing slowed until he was sound asleep. The boy began to wonder how much Feyth would be controlling him. The dragon already knew so much about him, not to mention his words were that of a wise, old creature. He was nosy, though, and pried where T'lom didn't appreciate it. No, he never planned on using his dagger, and he never wanted to mention his eye as long as he was a rider. He couldn't risk people knowing he had a physical problem. Hayzef curled up on Feyth's back, but the dragonet didn't seem to mind as he continued to sleep. Lira scoffed at the pair as she perched on T'lom's shoulder.

"I'm here," T'lom said as he walked up to K'leb, Cleo, L'don, and Soria. Lira chirped a greeting.

Edited by BlueApollo

(im gonna go to sleep after this, i only have a little bit of school left before spring break!!! WOOT!)

Marneth chirped back a reply while L'don said, "Nice to meet you, I believe you were one of the women that impressed a Queen, am i correct?". L'don remembered there had been two queens and he remembered her face. Marneth rumbled and said, Pterax is waking and she wants to come along, should i allow her?. L'don frowned and said, "She is just so stubborn, I guess its her choice. She can come as long as she feels ok.". Marneth shivered and said, She is on her way, be sure to keep an eye on her, i dont want her getting into any trouble. L'don laughed and said, "You should be doing that! Non the less, I will watch her.". Marneth crooned in approval and merely seconds later Pterax flew in alighting herself on L'dons other shoulder. "These are my Firelizards, Marneth and Pterax, Pterax is actually expecting eggs.". Pterax glanced at the other Queen and glared at her, her usual dominance issues coming right into play. L'don sushed then appologized for both of them.

((I've already had my Spring Break. Now I've got a long slog to the end of the semester. By the way, why do you always have a period at the end of your sentences, even when there's some other punctuation like a question mark?))

Cleo smiled. "Yes. My Neith is the smaller queen. Isn't she the elegant beauty?" She was already utterly devoted to her dragonet. She watched the older queen fly in to land on L'don's shoulder and looked her up and down when she challenged Isis. Isis herself only upped her output of calming radience. Cleo stroked her fire-lizard's tail, thinking that no other creature could begin to compare with her royal duo. However, she did greet the two fire-lizards. "Hello, Marneth and Pterax. How do you do?" Then Cleo addressed L'don again. "You got a bronze, right? What's his name?"

Edited by Ramoth

Elna was sound asleep in her new weyr, curled up with her green Koulcth. They were sleeping in the boat that had been left in the bowl. Apparently somebody had brought it to a weyrling weyr for her. At the sound of her name being called, her little brown flew up, eyes whirling red and orange, and he flew out into the passage and right up to K'leb's face, chittering angrily and projecting images of sleeping Elna and Koulcth.

G'ty had a room across the hall from his sister. He didn't want to be that close to her, because he was afraid she would get on his nerves, but he decided the closest room would do. He peeked his head and saw Eccos berating K'leb and he hurried over. "Eccos!" he said sternly. His voice cracked (he's thirteen, after all). "Leave him be! You'll wake Elna with that racket!" The little brown cheeped and blinked between. "Sorry about that," he said, smiling up at K'leb and Soria. "I don't think we've met, but I know I saw you on the Sands. Congratulations! I'm G'ty! And you are...?"

Just then J'eb popped out of his weyr from a few rooms down. "Kaleb? Is that you? I didn't recognize the voice.... You can talk! What happened??" J'eb knew K'leb from around the Weyr, but not too well. He knew him enough to know that K'leb didn't talk though.

(( smile.gif I had to get on my dad's computer, my computer is going haywire. sad.gif ))

Heedana followed L'don out of the room and then walked to F'nor's weyr to see how he was handling the impressions. "F'nor?" she called out to her constant friend. She brushed her hair back and leaned on the door jam.

F'nor stepped out of his room and looked at Heedana taking in her sudden tired state that she tried to hide. "Sit down." he said and walked over to a calling tube and called for some Benden wine. "What's a matter my dear friend?" he asked her gently as she walked into the room and sat on a chair that was there.

Heedana shrugged and sighed. "I guess I'm scared." Yenay hopped onto the floor with Huzah and Tricky and started to chirp questioningly at her saddened owner

K'leb laughed at Soria's comment. "I'm glad your so adamant about that." He looked at T'lom and nodded a hello and tried to ignore the funny feeling in his stomach. he had already fed Hethath so he shouldn't be that hungry at all. When Eccos came flying at his face, he calmly took a step back and projected peaceful thoughts while trying to calm a perturbed Etanor. "Don't worry about it G'ty. I'm K'leb, rider of bronze Hethath." he seemed to savor the words jealously as he said them. K'leb looked up from G'ty and saw that J'eb was there. "Jareb! It seems that Hethath was a blessing in more than one way. The little bugger bumped my vocal chords out of their state and now I can talk." he smiled amiably at the two and then thought of something. "Do you two want to come on the tour with us?" he asked motioning to the riders around him.

Ezran walked around her weyr a little stir crazy. She wanted desperately to go on the tour with them but she didn't want to leave Jubilath either. She decided tat Jubilath could last a little bit without her and walked down the hall with only the bandages around her shoulder and chest on along with some pants. She didn't seem to have a problem with having her rather tan and fit torso and arms exposed. With a few quick steps she caught up to the others and was standing behind G'ty and J'eb.

Soria listened to everyone around her and contented herself to humming happily. While K'leb turned his attention to J'eb, Soria greeted G'ty from over K'leb's shoulder. She was trying not to breathe on him too much, but being short had it's disadvantages. Using his hold on her legs, Soria lifted herself a bit higher. She tried not to notice anything else. She sent a wave of greeting to J'eb and left the two men to it. "Hello, G'ty, I'm Soria. It's a pleasure to meet you. You Impressed, as well, right??"

(Srry, its a bad habit, i always put periods after quatations dry.gif )

"yes, I impressed the bronze Deemeath, he is actually asleep now.", L'don said proudly, "I cant wait until I can train with him, it will be amazing." L'don gently stroked Pterax and Marneth before Marneth took off into the air. He flew around, observing the small part of the Wyre they were in. L'don sighed and said, "So, how big is the Wyre?"

T'lom stood slightly away from the group. Funny...he had always been a very sociable guy. Why was he having so much trouble now? Lira yawned, making it obvious that she was already bored. She took off from T'lom's shoulder and glided back to where Feyth and Hayzef rested to join in their slumber... or annoy them.

You know, I'm never going to get any sleep with that awful combination of your thoughts and the most annoying Fire Lizards Pern has ever seen. Now go talk to someone before I'm forced to come out there myself.

Sorry.....Just growl at Hayzef and he'll stop. Find a way to hurt Lira's pride and she'll never do anything to you again.

I hope your right.

T'lom turned his attention to the gathered riders. The girl that had been threadscored earlier today was there. Did he ever find out her name?

"I never caught your name earlier," he said to Ezran. "I'm T'lom, by the way."

Ezran looked at T'lom and smiled. It was a bright kind smile that masked the insecurity that she felt around so many people. "My name's Ezran. And sorry about the whole trouble thing earlier. I just wanted to see if you could take the pressure." she said with a twinkle in her eye.

K'leb shifted his arms higher and made sure that Soria was comfortable. He shifted his hold slightly higher on her leg so that she wouldn't have to strain so much. He really didn't mind her breathing on him and he didn't understand why. Because you like the girl you idiot. Came the amused voice of Hethath as he woke up from his slumber. He was more active than most of the dragonets.

F'nor smiled at the confused Heedana and sat down next to the firl that was at least 10 years his younger. "It's confusing on their first flight, but it is also so amazing at the same time." he said recalling the first time that Canth flew a lowly green but it was a flight none the less.

Heedana laughed lightly at the comment and shrugged. "You know I'm a virgin F'nor and it's, it's just odd thinking that the first time is forced when your a queen rider." she said her head handing low.

F'nor sighed and hugged the poor child and then gave her a glass of wine to calm her shaking hands. "When that new batch of bronzes grow up, I think that maybe Tilleth will have already flown."

Heedana started and looked up at F'nor with wide eyes. "Oh please don't say that!" she said and stood up. "I'm...I'm gonna go for a fly." She walked the miles of stairs that lead to her weyr at the top of the entire bowl and sat at the edge of the weyr. Tilleth laid beside her rider not exactly sure what to do. "i cant avoid it Tilleth. You'll fly someday...and I'll have to follow." she said tears streaming down her face. She hopped onto her dragon without any straps only her coat and hugged close to Tilleth's neck as she hopped into the air and swirled up into the air.

That's not talking to him, Soria, Atisith teased.Although, I'm sure he doesn't mind.

Soria dropped her head to K'leb's shoulder and whined to to herself. Truely, a persistant dragon she had. She shook her head at the laughter that rebounded in her mind. Why didn't you warn me you wanted to play match maker? Please, Dearling, I doubt he'd give me the time of day beyond friendship.

Soria winced at her own thoughts and was glad for the cover of K'leb's shoulder. Soria had never felt a frown before in her mind, but Atisith made certian that she felt it now. For one so young Atisith was certainly old. I didn't Impress on the unworthy, Soria. Remember that.

Soria winced again. She hadn't meant to upset Atisith, but she and Atisith were tired and the fire lizards were hungry. She sighed and turned away from the sad thoughts to revel in Achronos and Amphitere's excitement and playfulness. She felt approval from Atisith and an announcemetn of impending sleep for the dragon hatchling. She lifted her head and nearly bounced in place with the fire lizards' excitment. "So, what now, K'leb?"

G'ty nodded at Soria cheerfully, before she spoke to K'leb.

J'eb paused, then spoke. "Maybe I'll go whip up some food. When you make it to the kitchens, I'll have it ready!" He hurried on ahead. He was starving, actually. His Maenath was drowzing in their new weyr, enjoying the sights and smells and colors around him. J'eb shook his head, and the images from the dragon's mind flickered away. His own hunger flowered in his belly. It was strange sharing a mind with another.

Elna and Koulcth picked up their heads at the same time. They felt Eccos's agitation stirring in the back of their minds. Elna smiled, but Koulcth grumbled. Elna thought it was funny - the little brown was so concerned about guarding their sleep that he'd woken them up. She untangled herself from Koulcth and slipped off her hatching robes. Her hands were smeared with oil, but she didn't care much. She wiped them on her trousers as she made her way out to the little gathering. "Oh hello!" she said. "My name's Elna." Just then Eccos popped up near her shoulder and chittered madly in her ear. "I say! Eccos! Calm down!" She pulled him to her chest. He flapped in resistance, but he gave in quickly and settled comfortably in her arms. Elna made a face. "Sorry," she said to the other new weyrlings. "He's not used to all the new people and all the other dragons." Back in her weyr, Elna heard Koulcth harrumph in her mind.

T'lom nodded. "It's okay. I don't mind." T'lom sighed. "How's that threadscore doing anyway. I know Lira got over hers pretty quick."

I wish she hadn't. Maybe she would have been quieter if she had a nice little bit of throbbing to worry about. She's silenced now, but she's giving me the worst glare I've ever seen from something so small. I didn't think she could handle such a terrible expression.

Hush! I'm actually doing what you said, and you should be sleeping. Why on earth are you making commentary anyway? T'lom could hear Feyth's chuckle in his mind before he felt the presence slowly drift into a more peaceful state. The dragonet was sound asleep.

T'lom's attention turned to Elna as she came in with her noisy fire liazrd. "No worries," he said. "My Lira can't be quiet for more than a minute. I'm T'lom by the way."

Edited by BlueApollo

Elna smiled at T'lom and Ezran. "Good to meet you," she said. Eccos had curled himself up like a little baby in her arms. At T'lom's words, he poked his head out, stretching his neck, and cheeped curiously. "Hush, you," Elna said to him. He braakked at her and flapped his wings, wiggling out of her arms. "Oh! You're impossible!" she tutted. He flapped around, and caught sight of Lira, and presently began making whirring noises toward, in an awkward sort of greeting.

G'ty, at Elna's elbow, rolled his eyes at the brown's antics. Lucath walked up to G'ty out of nowhere and bumped him with his nose. Hey! he said in G'ty's mind. I'm hungry again!

Edited by Odio

Lira bounded out of T'lom's barracks and glared at the annoying Eccos. She chirped something loudly at him as she took to the air and flew around him, snapping her jaws at him.

"Hey! I thought Feyth told you to knock it off!" T'lom barked. "She likes him, don't worry. When she first met Hayzef she just flew away. Anyways, do you have a name?" Hadn't she impressed a green earlier that day? Lira projected the image in his mind of Elna's Impression of her dragonet. T'lom shrugged inwardly. At least she had been paying attention.

Eccos dodged and swiveled his neck like a snake, whistling out of his beaky snout at Lira. Elna only shook her head. "I'm Elna, I ride green Koulcth. She's still asleep, though." Little dark blue nudged Elna's hip. Her eyes widened when she heard his voice in her head, saying, I'm hungry! Tell G'ty to take me to eat! Was it normal for dragons to talk to other people? Elna didn't know, but she guessed it was because G'ty was her brother. Before she could say anything, G'ty spoke up.

"Lucath is starving again," he said. "This is my first time ever being in a Weyr. Do you guys know where I take him to eat?"

K'leb smiled when he heard what Atisith had said and nodded his head in agreement. "Your dragon is right Soria." he muttered gently and then watched J'eb run off. "Elna right?" he asked the girl in front of him. "I think we all should take a quick tour and then by the time we get back, our little dragons will more than likely be hungry...but it seems that one already is. We'll stop by the kitchens first to get the little fellow some food." he said looking at the blue with kindness.

Ezran tried not to itch her back as T'lom mentioned the dratted thing. "It's alright. Manora said that it went down clear to the bone before she was able to get it all out. It's gonna take a bit for this stupid thing to clear up, but oh well. Jubilath should be able to fly fast enough to keep the both of us out of harms way." she said with a laugh. She had her hair on the left side of her shoulder so that it would stay out of the way. "K'leb? Can we PLEASE go to the kitchens first?"

K'leb laughed and smiled at Ezran and nodded. "Of we go!" he said while walking down the stairs to the bowl with Soria on his back and hopefully the others were following.

((Odio, K'leb and Soria are the only two along with Lessa that can hear all dragons. As long as Lucath decides to talk to her that's okay smile.gif ))