LoveLost

Pern: A World of Dragonriders and Dragons

Heedana looked over at Zee who merely nodded and went on ahead of them to the bowl. "well, you should be a rider soon...maybe of a bronze or brown even." she said while smiling and shaking his hand then walked over to the contraption. She started to circle around it while examining every nook and cranny of it. Her little golden firelizard, Yenay flew down from the sky chittering excitedly about something and then eyed the thing in front of her. "Oh! that's what it is." she said and laughed while she stroked her queen's head. Huzah and Tricky, two green firelizards that she owned, flew down and landed near the contraption alsow chittering and started sniffing the thing. "huzah, Tricky, don't be rude...it's not yours." she admonished which made them fly to land on on her right shoulder and share the space. on the other shoulder was where Yenay was sitting and they both knew she wouldn't share. "I guess we can find a way to jerry-rig the straps to hold it onto Tilleth, but I'm afraid you'll lose most of the sand." she said and looked up at Leodon.

Kaleb was under the saftey of the ledge as Ramoth guarded her eggs jealously. He watched to make sure that people were where they needed to be so that they would all be safe. He ran to a piece of thread and had it burnt in a second but no more was to come although he stayed there with the eggs.

((I'm so used to the other roleplays in here taking so long! You guys are actually active! Here's a nifty map I found: I just googled "pern map." smile.gif ))

Jareb was tossing his own completed firestone bags among the pile when suddenly the Weyr sprung into action around him. He was shocked, just as he always was when threadfall happened overhead. The dragons didn't seem as prepared this time as they usually were though. He saw Ezran hurding the younger Candidates to shelter, so he took it upon himself to help the dragonriders with the firestone. A weyrling brown dragon flew to the ground, obviously eager to flame the thread, but he was too young. His rider called down to Jareb and Jareb started tossing him the bags of firestone, so the weyrlings could resupply the dragonriders during the fall. He was careful to keep an eye on the sky above him, but to his surprise a chittering pair of green fire lizards popped in above him and started battling the thread. He thanked them in his mind and tossed the last of the bags up to the weyrling, and ran for shelter.

Gurty was one of the younger candidates ushered by Ezran. He was horrified when he saw her get hit by the thread, and nearly froze in terror. He'd only been at Benden for an hour and now all this! He was feeling extremely overwhelmed. He felt dumbfounded when Ezran told them to go to their rooms. He didn't even have a room!

Jareb came over to where Ezran was standing. She looked a little green. He put his hand on her good shoulder, and leaned down so their eyes were level. She seemed okay, but the score on her shoulder looked red and swollen, and smeared with a little bit of blood. She was probably in shock.

"We should get you to a healer," he said. He looked around over his shoulder and spied Gurty. "Hey, Gurty. Go run for a healer, or Manora. Hurry!"

Gurty didn't know who Manora was, or where she would be. He ran into the closest cavern, the biggest one. He called out, his little voice squeaking, "Manora? Has anyone seen Manora? We need a healer out by the bowl! A girl has a bad threadscore!!"

S'kom wasn't quite prepared for threadfall! He hurried with the last of the straps and leaped onto Ogrith's back before Ogrith was even standing. A low rumble in his chest, Ogrith started for the door, his massive legs unsettling dust on the ground as he picked up speed. He was running by the time he reached the ledge, and then he leapt into the air with a mighty roar to match his fellow dragons. S'kom punched his fist into the air and they rose to meet the falling the thread!

Outside Benden Weyr, Elna and her father Gunner were idling in their rig, chewing a fellis mix with fishing poles hooked over the boat. They had a net drifting out behind them too, crafted by their own hands. This was Elna's last voyage as an apprentice, and when they returned her father was prepared to proclaim her a Journeywoman in the SeaCraft. The mixture they were chewing was one that had been made by an old auntie back at Half-Circle - it wasn't strong enough to knock you out but if you chewed on it, it made you feel lazy and relaxed. Perfect for a pleasant afternoon fishing.

This had been a pleasant trip - they were up the coastline, rather close to Benden Weyr actually. They'd followed the tide up the coast a bit farther than they'd meant, but that's because they both were enjoying themselves so much. Elna had always gotten along well with her father - just as her younger brother Gurty got along better with their mother.

Suddenly Elna jumped to her feet, knocking her chair back and rocking the boat so much that water nearly spilled onto the deck.

"Father," she breathed, pointing to the sky. "Thread!"

(( blink.gif Wow, sorry for the length!))

Cleo ran down to the Bowl, keeping an eye on the sky, watching the trajectory of the Threadfall to be sure that keeping close to the wall would protect her. She scanned the chaos for Kaleb, and found him at the mouth of the Egg Cave. Cleo called his location up to Soria before scanning again for a Healer's station. They should be fairly close to open ground, in case they had to heal a dragon. There. Not too far from the entrance tunnel, but still in the lee of the wall so that Thread didn't reach. Cleo dashed off, following the curve of the wall.

Isis perched under the thick black curtain of Cleo's hair, golden head poking through to keep an eye or two watching her dear friend's back.

Soria ran to follow Cleo, when she heard the woman call to her. Part of her wanted to rush to Kaleb, but Soria knew she'd be useless there so she went with Cleo. She followed Cleo along the walls hoping that neither she nor Cleo were injured. Soria felt no need to add to the injuries the Weyr was sure to collect before the day was done. She felt a curious touch to her mind from Amphitere and Achronos as she ran. She mummered soothing in reply, "Don't you worry, Dearests. Everything's just a little chaotic right now."

((yah it seems to be that way Odio!))

Ezran looked at jareb and smiled lightly then winced a little bit as the small movement had tensed her shoulder causing the pain to make itself known yet again. "Don't bother Manora, just help me to the healer stations." she said softly and looked down trying not to hurl or let herself give in to the diziness that surrounded her.

((btw anyone can play Manora))

F'nor flew up beside S'kom. "Our first goal is to protect the Weyr then get the grounds below!" he shouted over the sound of bursting flames and beating wings. He pulled his dragon up to sear a peace of thread that had come to close. He was soon back in the sky and started searing thread as best he could. Out on the sea he could see ((and all that he could see see see was the poor man out at sea sea sea!!!)) a ship and soon darted over there making sure that the lead thread line was taken care of by the rest of his flight. When he drew closer, he could see that thread was still falling there and he dove down to the ship. "what are you doing!" he shouted and had Canth land quickly on the water.

Kaleb started to come out once the leading thread line had passed and luckily he didn't see anymore thread falling near the bowl just around it.

Leodon smiled and said, "That should be fine, i can find some new sand, it wont be that hard.". Leodon then dumped the sand out of the hatcher and wheeled it over to Heedana. "Here it is,", Leodon said eagerly, "I cant wait to get to the Wyre.".

Cleo made it to the Healer's station unscathed, followed closely by Soria. She reported to the Healers and asked for something to do. They set her to preparing bandages and checking that the numbweed was ready in its pots. She was relatively familiar with both tasks from her time working with the Beast Healers in Benden Hold. Cleo set Isis to crooning calmly at any injured fire-lizards. Suddenly remembering something, Cleo looked up at the Healers. "There were a couple of girls that got scored out in the Bowl. I think they might have gone into the Candidate barracks," she reported.

She looked up to the sky, noticing that the trailing edge of the Fall had passed beyond the Bowl. Scored dragons would soon be coming down to be slathered with numbweed. Cleo glanced towards the Egg Cave, noting Kaleb, and beyond him, the massive golden Ramoth.

Kaleb looked up at Ramoth whose eyes were whirling an angry and upset red. Ramoth...it's okay thread has passed. He said to her calmly and soothingly since he knew that Lessa was probably down with the healers.

How can you speak to me little one? she asked and reached her golden nose out to sniff him.

Kaleb's face turned red and he ran off to the roar of a frustrated and curious Ramoth. he was soon at the healer's place and was looking frantically for the gilr that he saw was threadscored.

((Somone play Lessa and Ramth cause I already play F'nor and Canth))

Heedana laughed and tied the contraption onto Tilleth and held her hand out to give Leodon a hand. "It's like scaling a tree. Just make sure you have three points of contact like two hands, one foot or one hand, two feet at all times as you crawl up. And don't worry you wont hurt her." she said with a kind and sweet smile. "Oh...F'nor said to start asking this, how old are you?" she asked him guessing that he was more than likely her age.

((I would but I don't know if I could portay them right.T.T I mean I read Dragonflight, but blah.))

Soria watched Kaleb run toward the area she was at with a sigh of relief. She figured that he'd have more important things to do so she moved to look around for anything to do. Soria would have went over to help Cleo, but she only knew a bit about numbweed. She wished she'd paid the Keep healer a bit more attention.I hate being frazzled.

Taking a deep breath, she turned to the nearest healer and asked what she could to help.

Talom ignored Hayzef's incessant scolding as he inspected the rest of the Candidates. He knew Ezran would be well taken care of with Jareb and Gurty. Well, at least he hoped she was, but he had to make sure that everyone else was okay too. No one else seemed too terrible injured until he managed to get a look at Lira. She was growling and screeching by the time she had caught up to Talom, and he could see a threadscore on her muzzle. He picked her up and she bit his ear angrily as a way to punish him for not noticing her before. He ignored the nip as he looked around for anyone that had numbweed. Hayzef finally stopped his scolding as he watched his smaller friend with an "I told you so" expression on his face.

Ezran looked over at Talom and whisteled for him to come here as her wound was being taken care of by one of the healers. "I can help him." she said softly to Talom and patted her knee for the little firelizard. Most of her shirt had been cut off on the back to reveal a strong back from years of hard work.

Leodon climbed up onto tilleth's back and said with a happy chuckle,"I'm eightteen, I hope that's ok.".

(Im srry that the post is short but I'm typing this from my iPod at a party.)

((thks for explaining smile.gif I hope your having fun ))

Heedana's mouth dropped open but was gently reminded by Tilleth that she didn't want to catch any flies in her mouth. She laughed lightly as she easily pulled her 6' frame onto her dragon right behind Leodon. "So not fair...I just turned 17 a few months back." she said laughing and looked at his firelizards. "Don't worry about your babies. Tilleth will give them an image of where we are going so they can just flit between and pop out right above us. " she said with a sweet smile.

Tilleth looked at the little queen iin front of her and grumbled. Do i have to? The dragon could be felt sighing between their legs. Fine. She gave the firelizards the image of the Benden Weyr bowl.

Leodon nodded towards and watched them flit out of sight.leodon smiled and said,"i think I'm ready, they said they would meet us there. Leodon clutched onto tilleth's back and fealt her steady heartbeat, "what would the wyre be like?", he wondered.

Talom shuffled over to Ezran as Lira continued to screech. Hayzef followed as he watched his friend with laughing eyes. He believed it was silly to be brave like her when it was more safe to be a coward. He took a seat beside Talom as the boy handed Lira over to Ezran. She shook her head but managed to calm down after a moment. Talom sighed as he took a seat beside Ezran. "Thanks for the help," he murmured.

Heedana smiled as she looked down at the soft skin of her dragon. "when you get there, you'll think that you could never fit in but when you get caught up in all the motion, which you will since there was threadfall today, you'll feel like there was no where else you'd rather be." she said and sighed happily. She raised her hand as a signal for Tilleth to take off into the air. She waited to feel Leodon's chin hit her shoulder as most people's chins did when it was their first ride on a dragon.

(EDIT)

Jerome was sitting on Ezran's safe shoulder and chirped down to the queen with a slight smirk in his little voice. "No problem Talom." she said and grabbed some numbweed from the healer and smeared it over the cut being careful not to get it in the small queen's mouth. "As long as she doesn't lick her mouth, she should be fine."

Edited by LoveLost

Leodon's stomach lurched as the dragon took off and he autamatically reached out to Heedana. His chin rested on her shoulder and his arms grasped her shoulders. As tilleth flew higher Leodon became more relaxed and lifted his head to let out a gleeful scream, he had never fealt more alive in his life.

Heedana laughed when Leodon had clutched at her shoulders and then screamed with him as he screamed. "This is the life of a dragonrider!" she shouted back to him then she slowly started to lean back into him as Tilleth dove for the ground.

Leodon laughed as they plunged to the ground, his mind spinning at the sheer majesty of Tilleth. Leodon lifted his head and said, "Than the life of a Dragonrider is the life for me!". Leodon felt the wingbeats of Tilleth and her massive heart beat faster. It was all Leodon had ever wanted, and now he had it.

(I cant wait to Impress my own dragon, and do i see a love interest with Heedana? ;P i better get a bronze then!)

((I thought Lira was a green . . . and how many queen eggs are there?))

Cleo showed Soria what to look for in the numbweed, and helped her ready bandages. Then she was called out by one of the weyrhealers to help him with the incoming dragons. Since Thread had passed the Bowl, they came down. Fairly stoic in the air, dragons became babies on the ground when it came to pain. Cleo snorted quietly to herself. All predators are babies when it comes to pain, whining and making a big deal out of a small injury, while prey animals mask injury and illness to the Three Sisters.

Isis remained perched on Cleo's shoulder, naively deciding to try to help calm the much larger dragons. Her eyes had gone completely green and revolved slowly, the little queen practically radiated calm and well-being. Just enough to amuse the dragons out of some of their whining and anticipatory cringing.

((Lol. You're just picking up suitors everywhere, Lovelost.

Ramoth- If its the dragons I think she said 3 >.>or was it five total? It was somewhere around there. All I know is I volunteered to be a gold, but if Lovelost wants me to I would go for a green.))

Soria worked hard following Cleo's directions. When she was positive that Kaleb and Etanor were no longer in her head, Soria proded at the presence in her mind that shouldn't have been there. She was careful not to actually form a thought and instead let her curiousity fill her mind. She hoped they'd think it was her fire lizards. She didn't know what it was, but it felt akin to her little ones. While Soria was busy in her mind, her hands did the task Cleo had given her. Pulling away from the presence Soria attached a few bags of numbweed to her belt and Gathered an arm full of clean bandagesinto her shirt to make it easier to carry without dropping.She carefully walked out to help the healers tend the dragons and riders. Talk about an exciting day of birth, huh, Amphitere, Achronos? I suppose this is a sign you two are going to be a handful.

Edited by Mijikoi

((not really meaining too Mijikoi...or leodog. laugh.gif ))

((a total of 3-4 queens. I have one already reserved for Soria and one for Cleo which would bring the total of queens at Benden to 4 smile.gif ))

Heedana laughed and then grabbed for the straps as Tilleth pulled something completely new by spinning on purpose before going between then popping out three seconds later above the bowl. "Don't do that!" she shouted to her dragon with a pale face. You know I don't like it when you try something new! She shouted to her dragon telepathically but all she received was a chuckle from her dragon. When they were safely on the ground Heedana slipped down the side of Tilleth and landed on the ground and tried to gain some sort of balance. "You do that again I will eat you alive." she grumbled as Yenay decided to land right in front of her her eyes whirling an interested blue. Heedana soon straightened up and looked around at the bedlam going on. Dragons screaming and bugling in pain and healers rushing around. "I didn't think it would fall so soon." she said and looked up at Leodon. "Sorry, I didn't time things very well."

Kaleb walked past Soria and patted her on her shoulder as a sign of a job well done. He walked by and to Cleo's side holding some thread and starting to thread it into the needle. A dragon's wingsail had been torn and he was going to take care of it. Etanor stood beside Isis along with Huzah and Tricky and followed her example since his usual queen was nowhere to be seen.

Zee had landed after thread had fallen and was using her dear Hineth to start calming some dragons down and to appeal to Ramoth to calm them down as well.

Edited by LoveLost

Ogrith moaned with pain loudly, lying on his side, his lacerated wing outstretched along the ground. It wasn't too bad, just some minor burns, but it hurt like shards! S'kom was worriedly rubbing his dragon's nose, while the healers and weyrlings generously applied numbweed to the dragon's blue wing. S'kom stood at the sight of Kaleb walking up with needle and thread. He bristled up, unsure of who this was.

"You DO know what you're doing with that thing?" he demanded.

Gurty had felt stupid and helpless, but Manora had found him and gave him a seat, and offered him some klah. She was sure the candidate was fine out in the bowl with all the others, so she had Gurty stay inside where he would be safe from the fall. Once the thread had begun to pass over the Weyr, Gurty came out to the bowl to see what was happening.

Jareb was hurrying to the firestone pile to help the weyrlings with the firestone, since Ezran was well attended to. The last shift of dragonriders would still need supplies for the last of the threadfall.

Elna gasped when the brown dragonrider landed before them in the water. She'd never seen a dragon before! She didn't even realize they could swim. Her and her father were sailing for their lives, directing the boat to the nearest cove - but they both knew there was no way they'd make it there in time. They'd had to cut the nets instead of hauling them in, since they were more afraid for their lives than anything.

"Please!" she called to the brownrider. "Can you help us?"

((You're just too loveable Lovelost. And Woot for the queen.^.^ *does a happy dance* o.O Double post, Odio?))

Soria handed bandages and numbweed off to healers as she walked amonst them and the injured. When she she started a but when she felt Kaleb's hand on her shoulder. She gave him a smile, glad to see he was okay. Her eyes followed Kaleb to the dragon the man was walking to. A look down to her shirt showed she was out of bandages. Figuring they'd need more more bandages for the blue's rider if the dragon was injured, she took off to grab more for them. She was careful not to jar Amphitere and Achronos too much as she ran. She swore when she tripped on her own feet and landed on her hands and knees. "Grace is most definitely not my forte."

With a huff, Soria stood andDusted herself off. She grabbed more bandages and refilled the numbweed bag after check on everything that was attached to her belt. The only response she got was Achronos and Amphitere's annoyance at being jostled so harshly. Soria rushed over to Kaleb and S'kom to see if they needed her help and if not she would look to where else she could help.

Edited by Mijikoi

((So we can go ahead and pick out names? I'd like Cleo's queen to be Neith. It continues the Egyptian theme since Neith was one of their earlier goddesses.))

Cleo nodded at Kaleb as he came up to her and the mid-sized blue. She stood back a bit, holding bandages and containers of numbweed and doing her best to absorb as much as possible of what the weyrhealer was saying as he worked. She glanced over to Isis, and snorted in amusement. Her little queen was arrogantly bossing around the much older fire-lizards, allowing the bronze to stay by her side while sending the greens to calm other scored dragons.