LoveLost

Pern: A World of Dragonriders and Dragons

((awwwww...he sounds real sweet. Oliver just does that stupid boyish smile and like you claim...I SWEAR he does it on purpose just to mess with me...grrrrrrr stupid boy.))

Kaleb laughed. "You sound like Heedana did a few years ago over F'nor. It's cool...the sad thing is, is that the people I hang around are all girls for the most part of the day." he snickered. "The dra- I uh..." he cursed himself as he tried to jump over the mishap. "Well...it has to be partially my fault." he said casting a daring side glance her way.

((I figured it was to late to back her out of her crush, so decided to go with it.T.T Sorry Lovelost.))

Soria nearly fell over while sitting at the thought of having been possibly been caught. Fate must be laughing at her for her to land her self in these situations. Soria wished she could fix her brain or at least trade it for a new one. She knew she wasn't making much sense with her stuttering thoughts, and that she should try and actually say something but she found herself floundering for a less incriminating way to answer him. All she came up with was: "Well, you are a gorgeous man."

She promptly slapped her hands to her mouth and stared wide-eyed at Kaleb. Soria began to lecture her self throughly for not controling her thoughts. She was fairly certian he'd leave now and discovered the thought saddened her. I just flirted with someone who could very well be courting m'Lady Heedana.

Edited by Mijikoi

((lol no prob...I didn't really expect it but oh well smile.gif and what u sorries for?))

Kaleb first blushed, then snickered, then started to laugh so hard that he fell over onto the floor and was curled up in a ball clutching his stomach as he laughed harder and harder. "Me?! Courting Heedana?! That's rich...that's really rich." he sait up still laughig and wiping his eyes of tears. "Heedana and I would never...EVER be together and you can count on that...as for the gorgeous," he paused here and tried not to laugh. "It's very kind of you to say that. And don't feel worried about your thoughts...I am sure I can take them." he said smiling again while trying not to laugh.

(I just had to spell again like 5 times to get it right!))

((Mostly, cause I fell bad for not even asking if it was okay with you.))

Soria gave a sigh of relief when he began laughing and giggled a bit with him. She relaxed as she continued to giggle into her hands. "Well, it could have been possible. I mean for all I know you could have been having a wild affair."

Soria gave Kaleb a grin hoping he understood she was simply teasing him. She was curious as to what he seemed so determined not to laugh about, but decided he'd tell her when he wanted to. Soria set her chin out in a show of stubbornness "And, anyway, I was being truthful. You are a very gorgeous man. I wouldn't lie. And for my thoughts, well, we'll see."

Soria's eyes danced with mirth at Kaleb. She knew that she'd done a bit of a turn around, but she refused to let a crush ruin a possible friendship. Deciding to try and steer the conversation away from where it was Soria looked to Etanor, then back to Kaleb and then to the ledge. "Ah, you said you and Etanor had stories about the Weyr."

Edited by Mijikoi

((oh...uhm okay. I honestly have no prob with that smile.gif ))

Kaleb laughed again. quietly this time, when she mentioned a wild affair. "Ewwwww! No way! We are more like brother and sister then friends." he shuddered jokingly then blushed again when she teased him. He waggled his finger at her and then laughed again as he did so. "Stories...lots and lots of em...but where to begin? We were the trouble makers I'll tell you that much." he said laughing.

((hey I g2g 2 bed...my sugar rush is gone and now I am officially tired smile.gif ))

((Have a good night. I'll try to post when I can tomorrow.))

"Well, I have the day off. So, what ever time you have avalible during it, tell me a story, I'm all ears." Soria smiled and bounced slightly where she sat. Amphitere grumbled at Soria, causing her to still and look down curiously. She glanced to the still quiet Achronos, as the bronze laid against her leg. "These two are the reason m'Lady gave me the day off. And I'm willing to listen to anything."

Edited by Mijikoi

Kaleb thought for a moment and then smiled. "Alright then, here's one. The first day we were here it was a sunny day and I was only what....13 back then I think. I had no friends and I was Searched and found capable by a green rider. The green rider didn't ask much questions but just expected me to do anything without speaking which I did of course, duh, mute. But when we got there and she found out that I couldn't speak whatsoever, she buffeted me about my head and shoulders and then sent me to the drudges space. But the odd thing is, is that Etanor and I raised all hell in the drudges area. Most of them are those that have mental retardations. DOn't get me wrong, I love them all because they are such kind people, but being thought of as one of them was a hurt to my pride. So in the evening Etanor and I would sneak out to burn the foods for the morrow or something like that and then we would sneak back. Sometimes, even if it was rare, we would be caught by Manora which was even funnier because she would have her hair all a mess and her skirts weren't ironed." he sighed and laughed. "I was such a hell raiser when I was that age."

Talom watched F'nor leave with Canth. Okay, so he was left in charge of all these Candidates. Wonderful. There were plenty of them making mistakes that could be harmful later. Gathering Firestone wasn't just about picking up a rock and dropping it into a bag. Most of them were rather violent about it as they shoved stone after stone into their bags, and Talom shook his head. This was going to be a lot of work. He went around to each Candidate to make sure they weren't damaging the stones or anything. To him, Firestone was similar to what he used to mine in Crom Hold, and he determined that the Firestone should be treated with the same amount of care. He wondered when F'nor would be back...and when they would do something different. More stones wasn't exactly what he expected when he came to the weyr.

Ezran looked around and saw another Weyrling taking over the firestone process. "Hey you!" she called and tugged over a few bags of firestone. her fiery red hair seemed to trail on the ground although she made sure to keep it one step ahead of everyone's feet.

Talom jumped when he heard a voice shouting at him. Most of the Candidates were busy grumbling about such an annoying duty. He took a step back when he saw the girl. He watched as she made her way to him, but he waited to reply just a few seconds. Did she need help? Probably not, he assumed. "What is it?" he finally said quickly. Many of the weyrling were watching them by now.

Soria giggled at his story and smiled happily that he'd gotten some justice for his ill treatment. She still felt that some of the Weyrfolk should be smacked upside the head and scolded like the children they seemed intent on acting like. "I couldn't imagine Madam Manora anything but pristine.

Although, that reminds me of my sister when she was younger. Save, she was always picking fights with the boys and playing pranks on Lady Famira's personal maids aside from Mother." Soria spared her sister a fond, but but pained thought. She and Feygia would never grow close as sisters, but the younger of the siblings despised Soria and Soria had no clue what she'd done. "They all found it amusing when Feygia played her pranks and some even cheered when she rough-housed with the boys."

"Yeah," Jareb said. "What she said." He smiled at the shorter, younger candidate in a condescending sort of way.

Gurty didn't notice, though. He just grinned at the two taller candidates and started bagging with gusto. He lifted the heaviest rocks he could find. In not too long he was starting to perspire. He looked at Jareb, and caught his eye.

Jareb was just bagging at a regular pace, his long limbs easily lifting the stones. He glanced up when he noticed Gurty looking at him, and a smirk spread across his face. He wants to race, he realized. He started picking up speed.

Gurty started moving faster and faster. He didn't even notice when he cut his finger. He loved games like this. He was definitely beating Jareb, but he didn't even realize that Jareb was letting him win.

((^-^))

((Oh and I'll pm you a form for Gurty later tonight Love!))

((thanks for sending the form Odio smile.gif ))

Ezran smiled a big white smile that was easily contrasted by her far darker skin. "I have a question for you since F'nor obviously left you in charge. Bigger rocks...or smaller rocks in the bag?" she asked him opening up her three bags with deft fingers. Each one had to have weighed roughly 20 lbs each if not more. SHe looked back at jareb and Gurty and couldn't help but smile.

kaleb smiled again. "She reminds me of one of the Candidates here. Her name is Ezran and her temper matches the color of her hair...red hot! That girl beat our senior Weyrling in a fair fight without even getting a bruise. I think that maybe Ezran and Feygia would do well together." he said and smiled at Soria. "Do you miss your home a lot?" he asked softly since he had never left home for any longer than a few days.

Edited by LoveLost

Soria chewed on her bottom lip while she contemplated her answer. She wasn't really sure. She looked down to see that she had began to toy with her lucky stone. With a deep breathe Soria tried to explain to Kaleb her thoughts on leaving Lemos. "I suppose, I miss the people and the whers more then I miss Lemos Hold. Although, I have to say that as long as I know they're well, I'll be fine. Mother and Father will definitely be fine and I was assured mywatch-whers were doing good with their new handler. But I worry for Feygia. She is still a young woman and neither mother nor Father can protect her from everything."

Soria mentally stomped on a thought of Feygia's suitors. Granted that her family was fairly low class as it were, they were fairly poor. Despite this Feygia did manage a fair amount of suitors with her looks, a fact that on somedays made Soria both depressed and envious. Dismissing that trail of thought, Soria smiled to Kaleb. "But I must say i will never regret coming to the Weyr. It's been a delightful experience."

Kaleb looked down at his hands and smiled. "I hope you'll think so when the real work begins. I know this may sound weird coming from a guy, but your a really nice young woman and it's nice being able to talk to someone who actually seems to be intelligent." he looked over at her trying not to smile to much like he did when he was nervous or when he was serious.

"I'm used to working and I want to do my best. And even if i don't Impress a dragon I'm hoping to stay here at the Weyr. And as for me being intelligent," Soria smiled back at Kaleb with a glimmer of mischief coating her thoughts. She gave Kaleb a conspiratorial wink and a giggle, "that is a carefully crafted deception to lull you into a sense of ease. Is it working?"

((hahah lol!))

Kaleb smirked at her comment and shook his head. "Yah it's working." he smield and gathered the plates as quietly as he could.

((Yeah, I giggled while I was writing it.))

Soria laughed and tried to help with the cleaning. Soria felt and promptly ignored a familiar sensation at the back of her mind. It always felt like someone was tickling her brain. With a shake of her head Soria, recounted part of her day, before speaking to Kaleb. "Today has been a really good day. Now I just have to wait for these to wake up and see what happens for the day to be complete."

Edited by Mijikoi

Talom gulped. He could tell this girl wanted more than just an answer to her question. She was going to ne trouble, and challenging his authority would only just be the beginning. He could already tell he wasn't going to like her, but he had to answer the question one way or another. "It doesn't matter too much, I guess," he said. "The larger rocks would be better in my opinion because you fill up the bags faster. I haven't exactly worked with this particular stone before to know the correct size for maximum utilization when it's in use, so it's really just a matter of opinion for me."

Jareb shook his head. He grabbed Gurty by the shoulder.

"Hey, kid - watch it. Your bleeding everywhere." Jareb bit back a laugh at the younger candidate's antics.

"Huh?" Gurty said. He hadn't even been paying attention, nor did he mind that his hand was bleeding. It was just a scratch to him. But it was starting to bleed a lot. He walked up to the one in charge, who was talking to the red-headed girl.

"Uh... sir?" he asked hesitantly. "Where can I go to get a bandage?"

Up in his weyr, Ogrith was laying outstretched on the floor, his eyes half-opened in drowsy happiness. S'kom was oiling his hide to prepare for the fall, so that his skin wouldn't dry out in the cold air of between.

Talom glanced down at the boy that just addressed him. A bleeding hand? Being careful was one of the first things he learned in the mines, and he silently shook his head before turning to the boy. He examined the boy's hand and sighed. "I don't know here to get a bandage," he muttered. "I hope this'll do, though." He tore a strip of fabric from the bottom of his tunic and wrapped it around the boy's hand. "Pay more attention next time," he said sternly. "Do I have your word?"

Gurty grimaced a little while his hand got wrapped. That kind of stung.

"Okay I'll be more careful!" he grabbed the bags he'd filled. He had a hefty amount, and they were nice and heavy too. He guessed that a dragon would easily lift them though.

Ezran smiled at Talom. "Good answer." she said then watched as Jareb lead Gurty over then Talom wrap his hand. "Ya know, that will just make it infected." she said to Talom then walked away. She always did this to new people when they F'nor put them in charge. She carried her three bags to the place where the older Weyrlings with dragons would carry the firestone to the older thread riders. She sighed and dreampt of riding her own dragon then stopped as Jerome came flying at her and knocked her back onto her butt. "jerome! What has gotten into you!?" The firelizards eyes were whirling angrily as he chittered and looked up at the sky. "Thread." she said breathlessly.

Kaleb looked at Soria as Etanor squwaked when he felt another prescence there even if it was for a moment. He looked deep into Soria's eyes wondering if she knew that what was bothering her was a fourth mind. "They should be fine. Etanor was a lazy bum until he was almost 3 months. After that they become much more active."

Edited by LoveLost

"I suppose we're not so different in some way. I suppose dragons are much more similar to the little ones then we?" Soria blinked at Kaleb curiously. She looked dowhn in time to catch Amphitere as the green was about to roll off her lap. A giggle broke loose as Amphitere resettled. Soria looked at the two hatchlings contemplatively. "Um, Kaleb. Do you think they would mind if I carried them around the Weyr? I mean, they only seem to get annoyed with me if I move away from them or bounce too much. And I kind of want to move around."

Kaleb shook his head no. "They would adore that. That's the best way to build the bond between you two...I mean three." he smiled and looked at Cleo who had been very quiet and seemed to be asleep. "Do you want to go now?" he asked calmly.