LoveLost

Pern: A World of Dragonriders and Dragons

Talom watched the Fire Lizards hatch from a distance. He already had his two, and he thought that was enough. Lira chirped in delight at the sight of the hatchlings, but Talom was surprised he didn't hear anything from the usually vocal Hayzef. He turned to see that the brown Fire Lizard was nowhere in sight. He shrugged. Maybe the Fire Lizard had other business elsewhere. Oh well. Talom's gaze returned to the hatchlings as he watched some people Impressing them with food. He always thought it silly how easy it was to get a Fire Lizard to like a person, but that was just how it worked he guessed.

Heedana smiled and stood up slowly from her perch on her dragons snout and walked over to Soria. "Make sure you stuff them full now. Cleo, go ahead and head down to the other weyrlings and Soria, your excused for the day. If anyone gives you a hard time, tell them to come to me." she said with a dangerous twinkle in her eyes. "I have to go make sure that things are alright down with the Candidates. Kelissa, G'sak, would like to join me? The Candidates seem to be quite ripe for a little fun. " she said laughing. WHen she stepped out of Soria's room she saw Talom. "Hey there! Aren't you supposed to be down there with F'nor training?" Yenay flew above Heedana's head and then over to Talom's and scolded his firelizard for not being at the hatching.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ezran shifted into posistion with a quick and smooth step. The older Weyrling seemed pleased and made sure that everyone one was in posistion before shifting them to a revers "V" formation. Ezran smiled to herself as she remembered Jareb's kindness.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Dear sweet old Canth couldn't guess at what Ogrith was looking at until he saw the agitated green. He laughed to himself and then answered his rider when he asked him what was wrong.

F'nor looked at Ogrith as he removed his hand from S'kom's shoulder. "It seems your dear blue is taking a liking to Kelissa's Vaytith. Good luck with that one." he said with a chuckle. "S'kom, if you find anymore at Half-Circle, be sure and tell me. It seems that Heedana is wanting them from the remote holds where more hardships occur." With that he saluted the other rider and went back to his class. "Alright Weyrlings...I suppose that we can welcome our newest member. This is Gurty. He is from the same place the journeywoman Menolly is from. Alright now. I guess we are going to go and start bagging firestone I believe..."

Talom jumped at Heedana's voice. There was trainin? He hadn't been listening very well when he had been selected as a Candidate, so he determined that he must have forgotten about it.

"Where exactly is it supposed to be?" he finally asked. Weyr life was going to take some getting used to. The layout was nothing like the mines, and he was still entirely to this weyr. He was lucky he had been able to find his room. Lira climbed onto his shoulder and stared calmly at Heedana. Her tail twitched slowly from side to side as she inspected this new person in her life.

Hayzef curled into a ball at the scolding before he leapt up and scampered toward where Talom was as quickly as possible.

Yenay nodded satisfactorily when she landed on Heedana's shoulders the gold of her skin matching the golden tinge of Heedana's eyes. "You obviously weren't listening at the orientation..." she said with a smile. "you can come with me or you can go on your own." she said smoothly as she started to walk down to her own weyr to hop on Tilleth's back.

((I you like Eragon...then you'll really like Anne McCafrey's books smile.gif ))

"I think I'll go with you," Talom murmured as he followed Heedana. Hayzef skidded to a halt behind Talom as Lira, perched on the boy's shoulder, glanced back at the brown Fire Lizard with as condescending a glare as she could possibly manage. The two acted like siblings almost all the time, yet it was Lira who found herself trying to keep Hayzef in line. Talom scratched Lira behind her shoulder, one of her favorite spots, to get her to calm down and leave Hayzef alone. She returned to facing forward, her little head held high as she watched the woman Talom was following. The gold Fire Lizard didn't help Lira's opinion of her, and she returned to her condescending glare.

Yenay, being a queen, chirpped angrily at Lira her eyes whirling redly.

The little golden one is upset. Came the smooth voice of Tilleth in Heedana's mind as she shifted uneasily. I do not like so many people riding me.

Get used to it love. Heedana replied as she turned into her room. "Alroght then...uh what's your name?" she asked as she turned around to face him. he couldn't have been that much younger than herself. As she waited for his reply she fiddled with the ties on her skirt making sure it was good and tight.

Lira turned back to gaze at Hayzef who promptly chirped something at her. Instantly she was leaping off Talom's shoulder for the brown Fire Lizard, but Talom caught her before she could reach him. He scolded her in a low voice before he let her go. She raced away indignantly as Hayzef took the prime position on Talom's shoulder.

"Sorry about that," Talom finally said once Hayzef had settled down. "I'm Talom. And you are?"

Edited by BlueApollo

((Lira is a green yes? If you don't know..all dragons/ fire-lizards obey no matter what the queens and wouldn't dare oppose them for fear of losing their memory. SO unless Lira is a queen she shouldn't be acting this way...it's just not the way it works.))

Soria watched Heedana and Cleo leave, before turning back to the bronze and the green fire lizards. She was pleased at the idea of being able to stay with her little ones. She'd thought of names for them but she wanted to wait and see if they liked the names she picked out. She'd chosen Amphitere for her green female and Achronos for her bronze. She continued to feed the two little ones as she let her mind wonder around how happy she had been to recieve the eggs they were. "Scorch it, I should have asked how I would know when I'd impressed them."

Edited by Mijikoi

((Oh...forgot 'bout that...okay just ignore everything she's done so far. I guess she just got annoyed with Hayzef and ran off.))

((okay, please edit ur last post though smile.gif ))

((will try and post more alter))

(Thank you smile.gif ))

Kaleb walked into Soria's room to ge the dishes. His long blonde hair had been toed back that morning and he wore the usual clothing that symbolized his low rank. For a young man his age he was rather ravishing in his looks with gentle blue eyes, a tall muscular frame, and a kind gentle face. He looked at the new hatchlings with a smile of somewhat paternal love as he patted his sweet Etanor's head.

Heedana raised an eyebrow to the young man and his small green. "She seems to have a rare attitude." she said as her two small greens landed on the shoulder opposite Yenay's. "I am a queen rider and my name is Heedana. This is Tilleth." she said motioning to her dragon's weyr. "Yenay, "she pointed to the small queen on her shoulder. "Huzah and Tricky." she said pointing to a slight larger green then a more slender one. "you have ridden a dragon before correct?" she asked him as she walked into her dragon's weyr and stretched to her full height of 6'.

Talom shrank back for only a moment. "Only once," was his quick reply. He stared at the enormous Queen and back at Heedana. He could tell just by her appearance that she was made to be a queen rider, especially from her own height looming over him. He stood taller, though. "I'll be okay," he said. "There's no need to worry." He looked again at Tilleth. Of course, when he had ridden a dragon, it had been a blue. He didn't know how much different a Queen could be.

Hayzef watched the other Fire Lizards. He chirped loudly in Talom's ear before he leaped from his shoulder and pranced in the direction that Lira had gone. Talom shrugged and guessed that he was going off to find his annoying friend.

Soria looked up to see who had entered her room and blushed at the sight of a male in her room. She was still accustomed to Hold life, where it was improper. She did know the rules were different here, so she didn't comment or yell. Instead, Soria gave the man a chiper, but queit, greeting, even as she stroked the now sleeping fire lizards. "Hello, sir. May I help you?"

"Amphitere" Soria gave a gesture to the green, then stroked the broze ones back. "And this is Achronos. And it's okay. I startle to easy anyway."

He seems like a nice enough person. Soria grinned at Kaleb. She was fairly glad to see a friend of Heedana's, despite Hold decorum. She did figure that living in the Weyr meant learning a new sense of what to and not to do. Soria knew she'd cross that bridge later, but for now she had company.

"You have a very sweet friend, sir."

Edited by Mijikoi

((OMG! I had a dream that you posted that word for word!!!))

Kaleb seemed sorry that he had startled her. he longed to open his mouth and speak to the sweet girl that he met and he wanted so dearly to say hi for once. He nodded his head and mouthed the words thank you. He brushed his hair from his face and pointed to the small bronze and made a motion for big with his hand. Why can't I figure out some sort of way to communicate more easily!

((lol! Deja vu. That's wicked.))

A grin lit up Soria's face when Kaleb mouthed a thanks to her. Soria watched as Kaleb made a couple of hand motions. She was sad that she couldn't make it easier for him when she noticed he didn't actually speak. It seemed a foreign idea to her, not to be able to speak. As she watched him, an idea popped in her head. "Do you write, Sir?"

Edited by Mijikoi

((Yes Draco, sorry I was going to mention that in OoC but then I never did.))

((Oh and Lovelost? Actually did you have your heart set on Gurty? I kind of really want to play him now lol, but if you want him you can have him.))

Jareb was kind of bored with the wing formation practice. He'd grown up in Benden Weyr so he knew about all this already. He wanted to groan outloud when F'nor ordered them to head over to bag firestone, but he stifled himself. He glanced back toward the kitchens, and felt his stomach grumble. He was hungry again, already.

S'kom glowered darkly (as usual). He saluted the brownrider and turned away from the candidates, toward the dining hall. He was hungry. He walked briskly into the cavern, dodging his head as a pesky blue flit zoomed by, chirruping in his ear. He grumbled a little and picked up a spare meatroll, sat down at a lone table, and began to unceremoniouscly stuff his face.

((lol no way you can go ahead and play him...just make sure you use a diff color smile.gif ))

Kaleb nodded emphatically as he recognized what she meant. He looked at his bronze and he popped out from the room and then popped back with a piece of paper and a pen. Kaleb frowned as he realized he didn't have any ink.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ezran's eyes grew wide when she heard the grumble of Jareb stomach. "Was that you?!" she whispered to him with a smile tickling the corners of her mouth. She flipped her braid over her shoulder and out of the way as she picked up a rather large bag of firestone with unknown ease. "Uh, Weyrlingmaster?" she said softly but loud enough.

F'nor turned in Ezran's direction his eyebrows raised. That was the most he had ever heard out of that girl at one time. He walked over to the girl and waited for her to continue. She seemed to be a bit timid, but he amongst all the others, had seen that young girl's fighting spirit come out when they threatened anyone she knew personally.

Ezran gulped a little bit and looked up at F'nor. "The bags seem heavier today. Are we packing them heavier because it might be a longer threadfall?" she asked her eyes seeming to be enjoying being smart.

F'nor smiled and patted the broad shoulders that held the massive bag of firestone. "Quite correct you are Ezran. Good thinking." he said and then moved off.

Canth ambled over in his cumbersome brown way and reached his nose out to Ezran and blew a stream of warm air at her.

"Canth that tickles!" she said while laughing and trying to dodge out of his way.

Canth chuckled and laid down to watch the younglings work

Edited by LoveLost

"I have an ink bottle and a quil in my bag by the door." Soria motioned to her bag by the door. She gave Kaleb a shy grin and offered him an explaination as to why she didn't fetch them for him. "I'd get it for you, but I don't want to disturb these two. They seem to be a mite bit grouchy with me if I move on them."

Edited by Mijikoi

Kaleb laughed lightly. The only sound he could ever make was laughter and that was about it. he walked over to her bag and looked around for the quill and ink and soon found it. He smiled when he found it and sat down near her and used the floor as his table. This is what he wrote:

I'm sorry that I cannot speak. It is something that is quite frustrating because it means that I am put to drudges work. *at this he smiles* But besides all of that, my name is Kaleb and this is my bronze man Etanor. He tried his best to communicate for me but sometimes it just doesn't work.

His handwriting was quite flowing and obviously practiced. He seemed to enjoy writing and being able to communicate with such ease. He handed her the paper and awaited her response with a smiling face and a calm demeanor.