Vic

Labyrinth

Agreed. I'd kill to be able to paint like that. That artist has a whole section of her gallery dedicated to Labyrinth and some of the little stories she writes are very amusing.

You think that was cool? Check this out.

Jareth Pic

Edited by Vic

It's my favorite movie. Funny, charming and plain eye-catching. Now that I watch it today, it wasn't as great as when I was younger, but still awesome. I remember when I was a little kid and the head-removing monsters showed up, I tried desperately to take off my head like the guys in the film. How surprising was it to a five-year old when you find out it's impossible...?

Yeah but I never cared for sketches or paintings that are so photorealistic. If I want photorealism I look at a photo.

I like the previous artist's stuff because she didn't make all her Jareth pics look like Bowie. She was able to make him look unique without taking away who/what he is.

I had the weirdest dream last night, and Jareth was in it.

That's all I'm telling you.

Dude, I've had at least 3 dreams with Jareth in them. All prior to seeing the movie. Scared yet?

Nope.

I sometimes dream about movies before I see them too. It's annoying when your own head gives away spoilers.

Mine never gave away spoilers. They'd just insert Jareth into it or rewrite the movie completely.

I don't remember much of the middle. It was mostly Sarah running through the labyrinth. Then the dream basically skipped to what I assume was the ending. But instead of her getting her brother back there was another girl that I didn't recognize because her face was slightly blurred. I could make out basic features but it lacked depth and personality. The other girl wore a black dress. Not a ball gown like Sarah's but your typical Medieval lady style.

I mostly saw the back of Jareth's head. And he was telling Sarah that one of them had to stay behind and asked her if she would stay with him or leave the other girl behind. I don't remember if she gave and answer that I don't remember or if I just woke up before she did.

This is the dream that suddenly perked my interest in Labyrinth. Before that I only new the basic synopsis of the story. Girl's brother is taken by goblins, girl has to solve the labyrinth to get him back. That was it.

Wow. They fit the whole comic on one page? Wonder how long it took em to do that. I'm not a fan of comic-book style art anyway. it just looks weird. especially when applied to real-life people.

I personally think that Jareth looks a lot more pervy in the comic and there is a little artistic license going on. Sarah and Jareth don't talk to one another during the ballroom scene in the movie.

Well, he was singing during that scene wasn't he? It would be hard for the author to incorporate singing into a comic. Sure, he could sketch little music notes to suggest it but it would still look weird.

True, but I still think the actual talking feels wrong.

Maybe I've just watched the video too much.

I'm not sure it's because you've watched it too much (though I don;t know the exact number of times you've seen it) but the scene was originally written to be just Bowie singing. The writer had to think up something or else it would just be 5 panels of Jareth and Sarah from different angles. He had to add something to make it interesting.

And Jareth's hair is definitely not right. He's supposed to be light-blond right? Here he looks platinum blond with random yellow streaks. And do I detect a Cinderella vibe in the ballroom scene? (girl dances at the ball til time runs out and everything unravels)

Pretty much yeah.

The idea behind the ballroom scene is to try and get Sarah to forget about Toby, but when she sees the clock she remembers she shouldn't be there and runs off.