Vic

Labyrinth

lol, this is my problem. I can never put what I am thinking into words.

When I think of the movie, I think that the story ends there, with Sarah partying with her puppet pals in her room. It finishes there. The manga doesn't even exist.

When I'm reading the manga, I feel like it's using the movie for reference, but isn't the same story.

Yeah. I suck at describing things.

Kind of a "wishful thinking" sequel.

Maybe. But they'd have to get the rights from Henson's company to actually publish it. And they'd have to approve the content.

Wait...isn't that what they have already done? *is confused* We're still talking about the manga, right?

Yeah. But you said it's like a fan-fic. Most fan-fics are just for fun and no one makes money off it.

I was watching the film again (well sort of, I kept having to leave the room) and when Sarah and co reached the Goblin City gates I noticed for the first that there's a bottle of milk sitting there.

I mean...wha?

Maybe a bottle meant for Toby??

Maybe one of those Easter eggs. Like the car in Lord of the Rings.

No. You don't actually see it anyway. Just a tiny cloud of dust in the distance.

There is a preview of Volume 4 on Tokyopop. I had a quick look (can't resist spoilers D:).

Apparently Jareth threw a popular musical goblin into an oubliette because he couldn't stand the competition xd.png

Sorry. Was out of town last few days

You serious??

Aw gee. That's just weird.

Wow. People seem really disappointed with it.

Edited by Vic

It's the contrast between the cover art and the stuff inside. I admit I don't read a lot of manga (mostly scans online), but the cover work and the internal stuff is normally always similar.

With RTL the cover and inside art is so different, people feel a little deceived.

I don't read much manga either. Just the 3 Zelda ones I really like. Yeah but I don't think I'd like the art from the front in the manga. Jareth looks like a girl and it's all so intricate and wouldn't look good in black and white. Even so, the internal art could be better.

I like the cover art :3

Coming from someone who can't draw, I don't mind the internal stuff either, but I can see why some people wouldn't like the difference.

The cover art is fine as cover art. I was saying it wouldn't look good as the actual internal art. The actual manga looks like the artist didn't try very hard. It's basically an American style and looks more cartoony than most mangas.

That's probably because an American drew it lol.

I think I remember reading somewhere that this was their first major manga...

Yeah...let's face it, unless an American moved to Japan and took some MAJOR classes they shouldn't be drawing manga. This is just a black and white comic book or graphic novel. Not a true manga.

Ok!!

And, from what I've seen, Jareth's outfit really doesn't work for Toby. Especailly that high-collared cape.