Vic

Labyrinth

I think that's the scene where Jareth tries to kiss her. But she looks away before he's able to.

I have never seen that in the movie. I've seen that song countless times but I've never seen him try to kiss her. Do I have the cut version or something?

Someone mentioned it while commenting on some fanart on DA.

Pic

In the movie Jareth's face stays a respectable distance from Sarah at all times (except the part where he walks through her). I've always though that in order to kiss someone, your lips need to be somewhere near them.

I'm just telling you what I read.

~atheem  Nov 15, 2009

in the ballroom scene, just as Sarah turns to go: if you play it frame by frame you see Jareth barely inch in to steal a kiss. and the look on his face in the split second when she's halfway facing the camera makes my heart break every time I watch the movie.

wonderful work happy.gif

~AG

It says he "barely inches in" so maybe you didn't notice. She does say to play it frame-by-frame.

Edited by Vic

I watched that movie last night.

It was so much better than I was expecting! The puppets were a reminder of muppets, and that sort of thing (that I used to watch when I was younger).

Also, a reminder of the terrible Greek Myth things we watched in Latin class sometimes, which hold good memories for me despite the cheesiness of the acting and stuff. =P

The ballroom scene was absolutely amazing, and one of my favorites (along with that one in the castle, near the end).

Not much I can say about Bowie/Jareth that hasn't been covered already. But I also really liked Sir Didymus. Although, did anyone else find it a little weird that he was a dog, and his steed was a dog? xd.png

I could say more, but I'm in a hurry. Sorry if what I've written sounds a little off. Blame all the work I'm meant to be doing.

Lol. The puppets reminded you of Muppets because they ARE Muppets!! Jim Henson helped make the film.

I knew that. ^^

I don't think any of them were actually used in the "Muppets" show, though. So, TECHNICALLY, they're not muppets. =)

Mergh. We had to return it to the video shop today. I should try and convince my (much younger) stepbrother to watch the movie.

But it's probably not violent enough for him, so he might not enjoy it.

If Jim Henson made them they're true Muppets!! DON'T QUESTION JIM HENSON!

Sorry for the late reply. I suddenly had to go out of town for a week.

'tis okay. ^^

Argh! Fine! I shall not question Jim Henson!

*hides under a desk*

Lol. Dang straight!

He will be missed.

I watched it when I was way to young. All I remember was crying on my dad and being super scared. Don't ask me what its about. I do not know anymore. All I know was that I was terrified.

People said that the firies and garbage lady scared them. Maybe now that you're older you'll handle it better.

I'm a bit wary about Labyrinth fan fiction (and fan fiction in general come to that.)

Me too. Like that one posted awhile back about Jareth getting drunk. I hadn't even seen the movie and was like "Uhh...no."

Jareth got drunk in the rough draft. I'm very grateful they re-wrote it.

I know its been a while but I'm still disapointed by how the manga ended. It was so mis-leading.

This is probably a stupid question but what were you expecting really? I kinda figured Sarah would still reject Jareth and I thought it was obvious Toby would give him back his position.

Throughout the manga there were huge hints dropped that Sarah did actually love Jareth back. If those were left out I would have been quite happy with how the story ended, but since I had been lead to believe that a Sarah & Jareth ending was going to happen, I was disappointed when it didn't.

I also found it annoying that when Jareth had spent 13 plus years pining for Sarah, he dropped her with so little fuss.

Sounds like the author had writer's block and just made up something random.

Heh, maybe right your own fan-ending??