Vic

Labyrinth

Pfffft. Sorry for explaining my joy of his pants.

I was just kidding anyways.

NO it wasn't the only reason I watched it. rolleyes.gif

Though, it was MAINLY because it had Bowie in it. I didn't know it had anything to do with the muppets until I actually started watching it.

I was also pretty excited to see what songs I hadn't heard were in it.

Dance Magic is mine and my best friends' theme song.... really.

There were some parts that were extremely amusing.

Especially the thought of being thrown into the Bog of Eternal Stench.

Hee hee~

I must be the only person who doesn't like Magic Dance.

I think you are lol.

Eurgh. Bog of Eternal Stench. Poor Hoggle.

I actually think that was the scariest bit of the movie for me. Goblins? No problem. Fireys? No problem. Smelling bad for the rest of forever? blink.gif

I guess it would depend on the type of smell. There are some bad smells I can tolerate better than others.

Admittedly, the part where the one poked out his own eyeballs was a bit unnerving but when they tried pulling apart Sarah it didn't look that bad. Not as bad as everyone made it out to be anyway.

That may be the age you're watching it at. I was, like, 7 when I first saw the movie and it did frighten me back then! Not so much 20 years on.

Heh. Like a swamp right??? That smell of mud and rotting wood.

I guess. The way everyone made it sound it seemed like she was bleeding at the neck and stuff.

I guess. The way everyone made it sound it seemed like she was bleeding at the neck and stuff.

Memories of things from childhood often exaggerate them form how they really are. It's not like I find that scene frightening in the elast these days - and I'm your age.

Even as a kid I didn't like musicals or sitting through the songs in movies. They were like commercials to me. I'd rather keep the story going than sit through pointless dancing and singing.

I didn't like the way people would randomly burst into song in Disney films, but there are silm 'musical' films I like, like Phantom of the Opera and Muppet Christmas Carol lol.

I was interested in the Phantom of the Opera...until I realized they sang through most of it. I thought it was lame.

I liked Phantom of the Opera.

...but now I'm reading the book, which is slightly scary and full of win. So I've kind of gone off it a bit, but I still don't dislike it.

Anyway, reading back through pages of Labyrinth material...Jareth got drunk in the draft?! 0o

Edited by Thorn

OMG, a topic on my new favorite movie..this movie made me want fushigi balls for birthday and christmas, i want to learn how to do what he does and do the film on my spare time for fun smile.gif

Wha????

Yeah, he breaks into Sarah's father's liquor cupboard or something and downs half the contents.

OMG, a topic on my new favorite movie..this movie made me want fushigi balls for birthday and christmas, i want to learn how to do what he does and do the film on my spare time for fun  smile.gif

Except I think fushigi came long after Labryrinth. Or else Bowie probably could have done all the contact juggling himself. I hear those things are really easy to master.

Edited by Vic

Except I think fushigi came long after Labryrinth. Or else Bowie probably could have done all the contact juggling himself. I hear those things are really easy to master.

Actually, they're not. It sounds simple but in actual practise it's a lot harder than most people think.

Or maybe I just really suck at it xd.png

The way they make it sound on the commercial it seems like you can magically do it first try.

I heard somewhere that he didn't actually do the magic marbles/whatever thing, but don't quote me on it.

Thorn,

He didn't. It's a guy behind him doing all the fancy tricks. Bowie just stands there and looks pretty.

Fortune,

What's a meme???

Vic- Good. I was right, then. xd.png

I've been wrong far too often, lately. It hurts my pride.

That movie was old but it was still a great movie. I owned it on vhs but i found it for sale at a wal-mart.