Vic

Labyrinth

user posted image

Fans discuss it here!

I've never seen it myself but would like to know what you all think.

Mm, I watched it sometime during summer because I had seen it in early childhood and couldn't remember what it was about. Then I saw it and went like "OMG, that is so oldschool and kitschy xd.png"

I was pretty much annoyed by all those puppet creatures but David Bowie looked awesome.

I've loved this movie ever since I can remember. My avatar is from the film too. biggrin.gif

There is a manga/sequel out. Has anybody read it?

Epic film. I loved it when I was younger and, y'know, I still love it today smile.gif

I've loved this movie ever since I can remember. My avatar is from the film too. biggrin.gif

There is a manga/sequel out. Has anybody read it?

Not yet but it looks interesting. You can buy the first 3 volumes on Amazon. The last book come out in August if I remember right.

*bounces*

I saw it when I was... about seven. The garbage bit scared me sh*tless.

It's a brilliant film. I have it on DVD which also features the 'making of'. Just as amazing to watch as the film itself.

"Slugs and snails, puppy dog's tails... Thunder and lightning!"

I can still remember it...

You remind me of the babe

What babe?

Babe with the power

What power?

Power of Voodoo

Who do?

You do

Do what?

Remind me of the babe

wub.gif

David Bowie is the only man on the planet that is allowed to sparkle.

Also, that "Dance, Magic, Dance" sequence is to die for.

And he sparkles with style!

"Dance, magic, dance" does always make me want to get up and boogie. I'd have been epicaly excited to have been abducted by those goblins when I was younger. Although, I confess, I'd have wanted to steer clear of the red furry things that took their heads off.

Oooh... I remember that movie! I loved it so much! I think I still have it on VHS...

Fun movie, although it's sort of pedophilic that a grown man would lust after a child....

This site has an interesting analysis of Labyrinth: http://www.angelfire.com/mi2/lorelei/labyanalysis.html

*Be forwarned that this movie analysis contains some adult themes perhaps not suitable for the younger members here*

Fun movie, although it's sort of pedophilic that a grown man would lust after a child....

This site has an interesting analysis of Labyrinth:  http://www.angelfire.com/mi2/lorelei/labyanalysis.html

*Be forwarned that this movie analysis contains some adult themes perhaps not suitable for the younger members here*

Meh. Probably someone over-analyzing. I mean, most of you were kids when you first saw this and I highly doubt you guys were making these kinds of connections. I certainly wouldn't have if it hadn't been brought up.

But enough of all that. Many people I've asked about it say the "fireies" or whatever they're called were scary. I looked them up on google and they just look like lanky red chickens to me.

user posted image

Edited by Vic

But enough of all that. Many people I've asked about it say the "fireies" or whatever they're called were scary. I looked them up on google and they just look like lanky red chickens to me.

user posted image

They take their bodies apart in a dance sequence, then try to take the heroines head off - apparently not understanding that she doesn't come apart the same way they do. I confess I actualy did find it quite freaky when I was younger.

They WERE scary. And the trash people. Brrr...

They take their bodies apart in a dance sequence, then try to take the heroines head off - apparently not understanding that she doesn't come apart the same way they do. I confess I actualy did find it quite freaky when I was younger.

^

This.

EDIT: I've just finished reading that thing that Lei posted and when I clicked back to the white screen I went blind...

Edited by Fortune86

Hehe, this makes me remember a scene in band once.

Band teacher: Who has seen the movie 'Labyrinth'?

Me & others: *raise hand*

Band teacher: Of course. All the crazy ones.

xd.png

Strange movie.

Am I the only one that would go insane if I had to wear that poofy dress like the one in the pic? *points at opening post* I can't stand the very idea.

I loved the Labyrinth, it's one of my favourite movies. I particularly like the puppetry in it, but the songs are generally catchy too (I own the soundtrack). This also got me into David Bowie, who has become one of my favourite artists.

Am I the only one that would go insane if I had to wear that poofy dress like the one in the pic? *points at opening post* I can't stand the very idea.

I would have tripped and ripped the damn thing before I went insane. *shrugs*

I'm not the most graceful of people.

I think Labyrinth is a movie you had to see when you were a child to like it once you are an adult. My boyfriend is crazy over it, so I watched it.....It was horrible, the puppets, special effects and every thing was so unreal that I couldn't get into it. But I agree the songs are quite catchy.

Well yes, clearly. I can't understand what would posess anyone to wear a dress of any kind wink.gif

Labyrinth is made of win and awesome. My bf hadn't ever watched it, so I sat him down in front of it one evening. He thought it was great too!

Fave bits: The "helping hands", Hoggle, David Bowie, the masked ball.

(I'd fail at wearing that dress too!)

I think Labyrinth is a movie you had to see when you were a child to like it once you are an adult. My boyfriend is crazy over it, so I watched it.....It was horrible, the puppets, special effects and every thing was so unreal that I couldn't get into it. But I agree the songs are quite catchy.

I grew up watching the original Muppets so if I had known about this movie I'd probably would have begged my parents to let me see it. I still like them so maybe I'll like this too. I watched the Muppet Caper and/or Muppets Take Manhattan on almost a daily basis.