Completely Different

There was a bit of a burn scar I could see on Zuko in the trailer, but not near as extreme as the one in the show.

I don't like the tribal tattoos either, wouldn't it have been easier to just do the arrows?

It makes sense for them to wear brown, though it's way off canon and I wish they'd left the blue. :<

Where the hell is Zuko's scar? The guy had half of his face burnt, how could they ever miss that D:?

Why does Aang have tribal like tatoos!? Where are the pure light blue arrows D:?

And why the hell are the waterbenders dressed in brown!?! They are not eskimos >.>... at least not regular ones xd.png

I love the series... and I really hope this movie is good!

They've made it more....natural looking. Its really hard to see face on, but at side shots its kinda more obvious.

I actually don't mind the tribal tatoos. They give it a mistic element, and is a little less cartoony. And I don't mind the brown, either- you see them wearing blue later. (I'm sure Katara is in one shot).

Zuko's actor is very different than his character design, but I wouldn't call him ugly. And Patel is a capable actor- at least we're getting him, not Jesse McCartney, who was originally casted for the part.

Yep, just saw Katara wearing blue. I don't know, they should have left at least those things as they were in the series. I hate it when they change small details like those xd.png

Also... I hope they show us some of Avatar's creatures! I'm not asking for an Unagi... but if Appa and Mommo don't appear, I'll sue... someone ninja.gif

Appa is in the movie. My friend saw him in a commercial. THIS MOVIE IS TOO SERIOUS TO BE AVATAR!!!! I'm still wathcin it though. XDD

I saw a trailer for the movie, but it probably wont be as good as the show >> What bugged me is they changed a lot of stuff o-o

I'm excited, and I made up my mind not to mind the changes. After all, every movie based on something has changes. Apparently M.N.S decided to make it because he loved the show - so he probably won't butcher it, even if it is different.

The tribal tattoos give it a more serious/realistic look, the original airbender tattoos looked good in the show, but probably wouldn't look as good in a movie.

I don't really know anything about makeup so I won't say anything about Zuko's scar/lack of one.

Waterbenders wearing brown really do make more sense, though I like blue. But really, where would they get all that blue dye? As long as the design is pretty consistent I don't mind much.

The one thing I'm worried about is that I haven't seen Aang being silly yet, though they may just have not wanted to show that in the trailers.

The one thing I'm worried about is that I haven't seen Aang being silly yet, though they may just have not wanted to show that in the trailers.

He was silly in the first season, a little in the second, then he basically lost it in the third. =V

Well obviously, he had to fight a Lord. And this particular lord had flaming arms of DEATH. XDDD Sokka's always their to make you laugh, as well as the other characters. I love that show. It's my favorite. X3

I watched a few of the episodes, liked it, but it wasn't one of my religiously watched shows. I'll be waiting for you guys to tell me about it before I consider seeing it.

Well obviously, he had to fight a Lord. And this particular lord had flaming arms of DEATH. XDDD Sokka's always their to make you laugh, as well as the other characters. I love that show. It's my favorite. X3

That's what I mean. xd.png It's still character development, though.

That's what I mean. xd.png It's still character development, though.

*hugs character development*

That's the one thing I can't stand being changed in movie versions. If they mess with the characterization. You do that, and nothing makes sense any more.

I just hope it's not like the Harry Potter movies. I had to stop watching them after the third one.

I'm watching the whole series again before the movie comes out. I like the show very much, but I'm not sure how the movie's going to end up. I'm hoping the movie is at least halfway decent, and not some atrocity like some of the other movies-based-on-books/tv shows that Hollywood has been spewing out lately.

I'm not saying it's going to be a bad movie, I'm just saying I hope it doesn't. The trailers looked very promising. wink.gif

And as a huge plus, James Newton Howard is composing the soundtrack for the film, which is awesome because he's one of my favorite movie composers of all time. biggrin.gif

happy.gif I was in love with the show from the first episode. The movie doesn't look anywhere near as good (actually it looks pretty sucky from what I've seen), but I'm still going to see it.

And as a huge plus, James Newton Howard is composing the soundtrack for the film, which is awesome because he's one of my favorite movie composers of all time. biggrin.gif

: DDDD YES. The movie will rock then.

So I love the Anime, tho I have only seen up to like the end of the first book (season) I couldnt find any more episodes online.

I want to see the movie, it looks okay, i just hope its better than the Dragon Ball Z movie. Too low of a budget.

As for Avatar the movie with blue people, it was good, but i thought i was sitting down to watch the Air Bender until it started. lol.

As for Avatar the movie with blue people, it was good, but i thought i was sitting down to watch the Air Bender until it started. lol.

Oh man, I'm sorry. x.x I would have gone ballistic, since I totally don't have money to watch random movies. Though I loved it watching it on purpose, I probably would have had a terrible time getting over the fact that I had watched it on accident.

I saw a poster for Avatar very early (that movie is why this movie isn't Avatar: TLA, it's just TLA, btw), and I thought it was for this, then when I saw it wasn't for this, I kinda lost interest, then it was a big freaking deal.

I still begrudge that movie for making this one change the title. :V

I saw a poster for Avatar very early (that movie is why this movie isn't Avatar: TLA, it's just TLA, btw), and I thought it was for this, then when I saw it wasn't for this, I kinda lost interest, then it was a big freaking deal.

I still begrudge that movie for making this one change the title. :V

Yeah, me to.

Especially since otherwise the titles are very different, and its a word that comes from Hindusim- meaning a deity who comes in a mortal body. Both worlds use that idea (although, I think TLA was more traditional).

Actually, it was kinda funny....earlier this week we were doing Buddhism in my philo class, and the first thing that every one said when we got to 'Avatar' was 'The Last Airbender'. Yay, for Year 12's who still like cartoons!

Oh man, I'm sorry. x.x I would have gone ballistic, since I totally don't have money to watch random movies. Though I loved it watching it on purpose, I probably would have had a terrible time getting over the fact that I had watched it on accident.

It was okay because I wasn't paying tongue.gif

My mom and I mildly argued for a bit about how the Avatar (blue aliens) thing was totally the Avatar: TLA movie.

"Uh, honey, I don't think so."

"Eh, I do... it looks pretty different from the show anyway."

"That different?"

"I wouldn't doubt it."

*silence*

"Makes you want to watch the show, doesn't it?"

"Yes."

"Put in the Blue Spirit."

"Ok."

I'm not really a fan of the show, so I don't think I will see the movie. However, when Avatar came out, I was all like, "What the heck? Why is everyone blue? DD:" But then I realized they were two totally different things. xDD;;

Anyway, again, I don't really like the show, so I probably wont see the movie. But it does look a bit interesting. =P

Love the TV show probably will not watch the movie until it comes out on cable. I don't usually go to theaters.

i liked the series but i'm not sure about the movie

i know the video-game slaughtered the concept with present day technology.