Completely Different

I've always had mixed feelings about Zutara.

Aang always had a very puppyish feeling about him- even though in my head I make the series take twice as long as it actually happened, in show cannon, he's only 12-13. Katara was only 14-15, but she seemed much older. While it was obvious that Aang liked her, and she had some feelings back, it seemed more like a one-sided crush.

But at the same time, I didn't feel that much romance between Katara and Zuko. I felt emotion, sure, but tension isn't the same as love. I think they might have developed a good friendship, but I think they'd fight too much to really make a romantic relationship work.

I don't either of those two options work perfectly.

On the other side, I thought Mai and Zuko worked well. Oh, and both of Sokka's girlfriends looked sweet with him, so no problems there.

No humor? I like the actioin, but it was a mix of action and humor that actually made me like the show.

Does anyone know if they're making a movie for Book Two?

/wants Toph

They are cutting out things that don't add to the plot. characters that make no difference. you have to make sacrifices to make it into a movie.

M. night is not THAT horrible. he's written some great movies. everyone has ups and downs in the movie buisness (well, in any buisness) and this is his chance to redeem himself. He knows that, so he's going to make this good.

"The movie was awesome. I got to see an early screening and it was just fantastic. They said some visuals werent completed, but everything looked solid, I couldnt even tell. The bending and visuals are amazing. If James Camerons Avatar had not come out, this movie would have visually been my favorite, but its still a close second. The characters are true to their animated counterparts. Although, the only thing I would bring up in a somewhat negative light was that, there just wasnt enough humor, and Sokka isnt as hilarious but I guess that is the sacrifice you make to adapt the story into a live action trilogy, and to have people take it seriously. Fans do not need to worry, you will be pleased. This is also a return for M. Night Shyamalan as a director and storyteller. "

- uhx 730121 (from netflix)

Also, the effects look great. that mongoose dragon looks real.

Never judge a movie at first glance.

EDIT:

They are making three movies, one for eaach season.

Edited by Moondragon55

No humor? I like the actioin, but it was a mix of action and humor that actually made me like the show.

Does anyone know if they're making a movie for Book Two?

/wants Toph

My brother thinks everything will be in one movie. I don't think that though.

There probably will be a trilogy.

My brother thinks everything will be in one movie. I don't think that though.

There probably will be a trilogy.

Its already confirmed that they're three separate movies, don't worry. If it wasn't, you be fitting something like 45 hours into 2.

And they've said they're looking for an Asian actor for Toph.

Toph's awesome!

:D

Dammit, if I go to that anime convention, I'm either going as Toph (Because I'm short. :D) or Mai (Because my voice is a lot like hers)

:D

Edited by Qwackie

If we're doing favourite characters, mine are Iroh, Zuko and Toph (not in that order).

But then, I also think Sokka and Azula are win, but for completely different reasons.

Oh, I forgot Iroh. He's another of my favorites.

I'm watching the marathon on Nicktoons

live action trilogy

EDIT:

They are making three movies, one for eaach season.

I cry with joy <333

The only thing I like about Zuko is his hair.

*pets Zuko's head*

Iroh's awesome, so is Toph and Sokka.

I love Sokka's bad puns.

This might just be me, but in the movie commercial, I saw Zuko riding a giant gator. What happened to rhinos?

Why is there no Avatar: The Last Airbender on Youtube? Do a quick search for a specific episode and all you'll get are AMVs.

What'sthecompany... whoever owns Nickelodeon sued YouTube over copyrighted material from the toons on YT. It created quite a stir, considering another thing owned by the company had stolen stuff off YT.

I don't really know any more details then that..

I can't wait for the movie.. : D

Why is there no Avatar: The Last Airbender on Youtube? Do a quick search for a specific episode and all you'll get are AMVs.

Viacom, the company that owns the show, is a little bit...possessive of its material. (Even if they're hypocrites who can't even handle fair use videos with it rolleyes.gif ) So, yeah, you can't get specific episodes on youtube.

If you type it into google or yahoo, with 'watch' though, you should get plenty of sites.

Megavideo should have all three seasons. smile.gif

What are you guys saying to the fact that they didn't cast the live action movies with Asian characters but chose white kids? With exception of Zuko, who was a villain at that point... yeah. sad.gif

Thoughts?

Megavideo should have all three seasons. smile.gif

What are you guys saying to the fact that they didn't cast the live action movies with Asian characters but chose white kids? With exception of Zuko, who was a villain at that point... yeah. sad.gif

Thoughts?

It sort of annoyed me that almost no one was Asian. =/ I just saw a commercial with the guy who played Sokka and I was kinda pissed off. I don't want to be taken as racist or anything, but the setting is an Oriental styled place and... well, I just feel really prejudiced now.

Honestly, I don't see how wishing the filmmakers had been faithful to the source material makes you racist, or how speaking out against this would constitute reverse racism. If anything, what's happening with the live action movie is wrong. I can see, from an economic perspective, how letting Caucasians star in the heroes' roles is going to improve the movie (financially!) instead of having a cast full of minorities... but that doesn't make it any better.

Honestly, I don't see how wishing the filmmakers had been faithful to the source material makes you racist, or how speaking out against this would constitute reverse racism. If anything, what's happening with the live action movie is wrong. I can see, from an economic perspective, how letting Caucasians star in the heroes' roles is going to improve the movie (financially!) instead of having a cast full of minorities... but that doesn't make it any better.

I have mixed feelings.

I mean, I've heard that they didn't intend to be racist, and that the studios were merely looking for people who could perfectly fit the parts, and not have it mater about the race.

But at the same time, I'm not sure how capable the actors are. I've never seen Katara's actress, though I have seen Sokka- he played an okay role in Twilight, though its very different to Sokka's, so I don't know how he'll handle it. Noah Ringer is an unknown, so we'll have to wait. At least Dev Patel and Iroh's actors are definitely good, so that'll be fine.

The thing is, I'm sure they could have found good actors of the original ethnic backgrounds. There are plenty of good Asian and Native American actors out there. At least, from what I've heard, Suki and Toph have (or will be) cast as Chinese.

edit: @The13th; I know Suki's in it- I saw that she already has an actress, and she has her own promotional poster. And I saw something from the director which says that Toph will be in the second movie, and played by a Chinese actress.

Edited by Completely Different

IMO, casting caucasians in an asian culture movie is like making a movie about Africa. except all the black people are white. Besides the actors, my main qualms about the movie is that, well, it seems too serious. Aang is supposed to be a fun loving and goofy character, the portrayal of Aang in the trailers seems to be too serious. :/ Well we won't really know until it's released in theaters. Only time'll tell if Shyamalan screws up or makes a good movie.

Frankly, I don't think Suki or Toph will be in the movie. Yue seems to be the main love interest of Sokka and there isn't enough time to introduce Suki. As for Toph, she doesn't appear in Act 1. Maybe in a sequel they'll appear?