Misha

"Earthquake" BSA your success/disaster story?

Once used it, Cb ice hatched. Second time, Cb magma died. dry.gif I'm gonna be more careful when I use it..

Tried it once on 4 low time common eggs - one died, the rest stayed unaffected. I don't think I'll be using it again, not when I can use 'incubate' and make my eggs hatch sooner, without any risks.

But that little tip about using 'earthquake' in neglected experiments is very useful - there might be hope for this BSA yet.

I don't really use earthquake anymore since I usually have eggs that I need/want on my scroll at any given time. My biggest fail though was with a yulebuck xd.png It prevented me from picking up another yulebuck but I was able to breed a second one just before the holiday was up. I'm kinda sad that earthquake takes up a kill slot now though.

Well tried my first earthquake today, killed 4 freshly bred eggs and 1 earlier bred egg was unaffected sad.gif

that's it, no earthquaking, i'll just wait for my eggs to hatch next time.

Only tried it once. Most of my eggs died, the others were unaffected sad.gif Not keen to use it again

never have used earthquake and never will don't want to go killing eggs

Never used it. Too afraid. Frankly, in my own opinion, its the most useless BSA on the board.

I have never tried it; maybe one day I will lock myself with Deep Seas and test my luck.

Haven't used it and likely won't. As for everyone talking about using it for ND's--there are a ton of awesome people who will happily take an ND for you to get that much-needed extra day of time it needs, and then return it to you. Find yourself a few friends and a teleport link instead of risking murdering the things it's taken you so long to create, no? X'D

I can't even remember if I've ever used EQ. But I know that I've never had anything die or hatch from it, so if I have used it, then I must have gotten the not affected message.

I'm king of skeptical about it though, from all that I've heard. The only time I'd ever consider using it was if I was locked with commons/blockers. I wouldn't risk it on any eggs other than that.

I used it for the first time the other day and lost 4 eggs, won't be doing that again!

I've used Earthquake several times when I did not have any irreplaceable eggs, and it always killed most of my eggs, and had no effect on the others. I dislike this BA.

I've just decided to use it the first time and one egg hatched, the others were unaffected laugh.gif

Edited by Chococat0815

I used Earthquake three times. (The green dragon is now dead, long story short) First time, none of the eggs were affected. Second time, 2 of the eggs weren't affected, two hatched and I caught both. Third time, everything died. :L

Edited by SilverX7Studios

I haven't used the eq, but I have a question about it: if you had some eggs on your scroll foged and used the eq, would they be affected or not?

I haven't used the eq, but I have a question about it: if you had some eggs on your scroll foged and used the eq, would they be affected or not?

They'd still be affected. Nothing protects any of the eggs on a scroll and, IIRC, it's been said that there will most likely be no BSAs that protect from the effects of other BSAs. So there probably never be anything that makes some eggs safe.

They'd still be affected. Nothing protects any of the eggs on a scroll and, IIRC, it's been said that there will most likely be no BSAs that protect from the effects of other BSAs. So there probably never be anything that makes some eggs safe.

Thank you for answering; I've been wondering about that one since I've seen this BSA. Got one pebble myself but won't be using it.

I experimented with it a few times back when it first came out, with very bad results.

This was after it was possible to hide a scroll (I hid all my adults) and before the trophies.

End result? One of the DC mentors PM'ed me to explain how to properly raise eggs to hatchlingdom, and was very embarrassed to discover I had been here a year longer than they had. (It was very nice of them to think of me, though, and offer to help - even though I didn't need it!)

I haven't used it since. xd.png

I've had mixed results. The first time all my eggs hatched except one. Other times I tried, I've had some hatch, some die and some be unaffected.

My horror story is when I wanted some hatchies to freeze and decided to breed my own and use EQ. Well, to make a long story short, I ended up with 21 dead eggs and no hatchies. Its rather amusing in retrospect.

The last two times I used it were failures. Two eggs died each time. Felt horrible. The one before that was a success. So yeah, in all, four of my eggs have died in earthquakes.

The strange thing is that for some odd reason, the egg remains from the first failed attempt still haven't left my scroll. Neither of the remains are holding up space, but I'm pretty sure it should at least have been 1 or 2 weeks since the first couple of dead egg remains had been there.

Edited by Shinryuumaru

I used it once and it killed my 5th gen PB tsunami egg. happy.gif

In a rage, I promptly killed the pebble dragon.

I've had more eggs die than hatch from earthquake, so I wouldn't hurry back to use it again.

And LOL @Lady Artemis. I probably would have done the same thing. tongue.gif