Misha

"Earthquake" BSA your success/disaster story?

6 eggs hatched successfully and one remained unaffected!

user posted image

You lucky duck. I only even consider thinking about Earthquake when I want an egg off a trade but have no room for it. Right now it's frustrating because all the eggs I have are rare or pretty... AND I only need a few more hatchlings to grow up until I can have six eggs on my scroll. Annoying.

Good thing Earthquake worked for you! I only use my green dragons for making Geode babies now.

With a scroll full of (un)commons and one Brimstone misclick, I decided to EQ in the hope of freeing up an egg slot. I EQ'd a total of 6 times and my only result was 1 death. :/ Not hugely upset about it, but it would've been nice to keep that Red (or at least have killed that darned misclick!). tongue.gif

I Earthquake whenever I've got a scroll of commons and uncommons I won't mind losing. I never do it when I'm holding gifts or trades from other people.

blink.gif Oh badonkers! Not that I'm complaining. ^^

user posted image

I actually didn't notice that the Pink escaped until just now. That's still 3 egg slots free, though!

I accidentally thought that it was Dark Greens that did Earthquake. xd.png

I don't understand why people would want to risk Earthquake, because you could kill eggs, or lose eggs, when you could just incubate them. (Even if you're like me, who until recently with help from Chalkboard, only had 3 reds.)

I don't understand why people would want to risk Earthquake, because you could kill eggs, or lose eggs, when you could just incubate them.

I just see it as a scroll-wide Bite, honestly. Either you kill your egg, get the desired hatchling/Vampire, or send something nice to the AP for someone else to enjoy.

I once used Earthquake when I had no idea what it would do. I had these two eggs that I had planned on keeping killed and the rest UNNAFECTED! I don't use it again.

I'm thinking about using an earthquake...

I really want to see the results, but I'm honestly scared to xd.png

Seeing all these stories about how badly it's turned out make me quite afraid to try. Especially with three new extra release eggs I managed to pick up.

If I do actually do it though, I'll post my results here. velociraptor.pngvelociraptor.png (Hey looki, Velociraptors! xd.png )

I looked through here to see if my new green dragon's BSA was worth it, but now I'm not so sure. The only dead eggs I have had on my scroll are my first egg (because I had no idea how to get clicks for it), and failed vampire attempts. I think I will just stick with collecting green dragons and not using them after reading this thread. blink.gif

I don't EQ very often but I did earthquake my first batch of silver lunars. Took 3 EQs but I ended up with 3 hatchlings and 4 dead eggs.

I'm usually too scared to even risk it. I heard EQ only works if the eggs have cracks in them. I don't want to risk killing something after I waited long enough for the cracking sequence to begin anyways. Might as well just abandon or wait it out.

I was considering trying it yesterday, but thankfully chickened out. I had too many shiny new Lunar Heralds that could have been decimated. The success rate doesn't seem very high so I'll probably just stick to incubating.

I have a bunch of rare-ish eggs and I am tempted to use it...

What do? sad.gif

namely

Thalasa xeno

Thunder

bronze shimmerscale

bronze lunar herald

and a green two-headed lindwurm

I wanna see them soon but I'm afraid of killing them. If they would just go into the AP I'd be ok with it but...

I have a bunch of rare-ish eggs and I am tempted to use it...

What do? sad.gif

namely

Thalasa xeno

Thunder

bronze shimmerscale

bronze lunar herald

and a green two-headed lindwurm

I wanna see them soon but I'm afraid of killing them. If they would just go into the AP I'd be ok with it but...

The biggest probability would be that MAYBE the lindwurm would hatch and all those rare/shinies would die. It really kills things much more than it hatches. That big tail just crushes those poor eggies. *shoos green dragons to the far end of the cave, away from the eggs* If you're in a rush, better off to incubate.

The last earthquake I used was several months ago... It killed everything. dry.gif I haven't used it again.

I've done it twice. Once resulted in nothing, the other resulted in one or two hatching and the rest not budging.

The last time I tried to use EQ, it killed all of my eggies. Before that, it was years I didn't use it, for fear of it killing my babies. The last use confirmed my fears.

I'm lucky in that my first Summon resulted in a GoN. My second shimmery egg took quite a while to appear, though - and then I killed it with Earthquake. -.-

I figured GoNs would be immune or something. I was wrong. So very wrong.

I only have 3 Green dragons for whatever reason. Tried all of them for the heck of it.

Nuthin.' I only had two eggs albeit, but oh well.

Used an Earthquake on a full scroll of freshly caught Frilled eggs

All unaffected

I really want to try again, but I'm actually pretty nervous too.... why tempt fate?

This is my first earthquake fail... 

darnit, why couldn't I have had patience?! Some of those eggs had a gorgeous lineage!

IMG_4943.PNG

I used an EQ on my second 'nest' during the viewbombing madness. I had seven sick eggs and killed... five of them. I did manage to hatch Iuncy, though she remained sick for another near 20 or so hours. And this is also one of two dragons that survived the first 'nest' (the other had hatched pretty quickly as it was low on time), so naming her Iuncy the Survivor was a rather fitting move.

One of the other eggs was unaffected, but died less than half an hour later--while fogged, mind you--from sickness. :( So many dead dragons...