Misha

"Earthquake" BSA your success/disaster story?

I use it all the time. If I have a bunch of eggs I'm not all that bothered about, I'll try it, usually maybe one dies but one or two are force hatched. I've got many Greens so I can spam earthquakes. xd.png

I love it, it's my favourite BSA. :3

I would NEVER use it if there's an egg I really want hatched though, like a rare or newly released! Way too risky O.O

Edited by Cirrusfain

I've never been that impatient, plus unlike the other BSA's it seems like the risk to benefit ratio is way out of whack for it.

Then again, I just forced an egg for the first time a few days ago, so I kind of tend to play it safe.

Used it once

Chicken egg was unaffected, my stripe egg hatched, but then the hatchie died. I GAVE IT TONS OF VIEWS AND STUFF. it even gendered! And then its time ran out an dthen it died.

i have been doing my own experiments with the earthquake, so far i have learned that it is a huge mistake to use the BSA on an egg with 0 clicks and 0 views. so far it has been an advantage to use, though at times it does not effect the egg i am in hopes to hatch. But seriously I was hesitating to use the BSA and now I use it as needed to hurry the eggs along, having good success with it.

Is there a higher chance of success if the egg is almost about to come out (say, 4 days and 19 hours left)? I've never used it before and I'm pretty scared to, even though I technically could.

I used it just recently on a black egg I was hoping would hatch as an alt. It was at 4.8 days with nice views and UV's I EQ'd 3 times and nothing the 4th it died. I will never use it again.

After swearing to never use it again... I used it again. xd.png

I was terribly impatient for the new eggs to hatch, so I EQ'd them. The first time all were unaffected. The second time 3 hatched and stayed and one hatched and got away. I EQ'd again a few days after that (I got cocky) and killed several Flamingo eggs. It was okay though, I knew the risks and I was just rushing things.

I failed several times resulting in dead eggs. sad.gif I think you need to use the action when your egg is fully cracked and low time

I used it when I had 3 eggs with 3 days left. From what I heard the chances are better the closer to the hatch time... what a load. It killed all my eggs except one that had 6 days left. I'd vote to have this BSA removed permanently. I see it as a trap.

I've EQd a few times. Out of those, only 1 egg hatched, and about 20 were killed....no EQing for me anymore.

>.> better then mine. 8 dead, no hatches. I vote to Remove.

i will only use it now if i have over 300 views closer to 400 views and only a couple days left. Seems to work best this way (for me anyway)

After hearing all the Earthquake horror stories, I don't think I'll ever use it.

I'd rather wait an extra day or two than risk killing my eggs out of impatience.

yesterday was my lucky-unlucky day.

i got a purple ridgewing, a vamp, a magi, and a white (all of which i had been looking for)

and i was being stupid.

and i used earthquake.

and i killed them.

and the only one that lived was the magi.

i bit it and it became a vamp, but still...so many dead eggs...those three, added to my dead balloon...

yet, today i made up for it smile.gif

stripe, green stripe, vamp, and tan ridgewing.

stupid earthquaaaakkkee....never killed so many eggs at a time.

Ok... EQ'ed twice today, 3 times total. First time, nothing. 2nd time, one egg died. xd.png I don't really mind though, as it was just a pebble.

I've never used it because I'm scared, but my brother tried it and 3 eggs died, the other 2 were unnaffected (He had 5 eggs at the time.). He won't be using it again, and it kinda put me off as well.

I use it 4 times:

1- Two born, the rest, no changes

2- No changes

3- No changes

4- All my eggs die sad.gif

I used it 12 times in a row and it had no efect on all my eggs all 12 times.

I have used Earthquake three times and I have killed four eggs.

First time, I killed my Flamingo Wyvern egg and none hatched.

Second time, I killed my Electric Dragon egg and none hatched.

Third time, I killed my Mint Dragon AND my Geode Dragon (my first uncommon) AND none of my remaining eggs hatched.

Needless to say, I was livid after the third time. I finally acquired a Red Dragon egg about a week ago (has hatched/matured/and used Incubate) and another about three or four days ago and I managed to breed for a third. I am definitely creating a horde of Reds and am not going to use EQ again (except to try to hatch an ND experiment if I ever get around to doing that).

I finally acquired a Red Dragon egg about a week ago (has hatched/matured/and used Incubate) and another about three or four days ago and I managed to breed for a third. I am definitely creating a horde of Reds and am not going to use EQ again (except to try to hatch an ND experiment if I ever get around to doing that).

Yeah, I've also been stocking up on Reds after hearing all sorts of EQ horror stories.

I just find that it's not worth it to accidentally kill an egg out of impatience.

I will only use it when it's urgent. When i first used it 3 of the 4 eggs died and one stayed normal. sad.gif

Yeah, I've also been stocking up on Reds after hearing all sorts of EQ horror stories.

I just find that it's not worth it to accidentally kill an egg out of impatience.

I'd say that it's only use is with an egg that you can afford to lose and certainly not if you have a clutch of eggs. The chances are you might be, at best, unaffected but at worst you might lose two or even three of your eggs. If it's to be used at all it should be used with mega caution. I agree though stocking up on your reds is the best way to help move your eggs along without risking them. The Red and Pink BSA's make life in the Cave so much easier.