Misha

"Earthquake" BSA your success/disaster story?

This is a really terrible BSA. Given the failure rate, I just don't see the point. The egg descriptions specifically say that the dragons *could* be hatched immediately. But any attempts to hatch them early usually result in disaster.

Edited to clarify my post.

Edited by Emerald01

Used EQ for the first time ever today as had 6 Water Walkers for Flood control and a messy Ember with a funny code and was a bit impatient.

3 Water Walkers dead and the rest unaffected. A bit miffed, would've thought at least one would hatch and unhappy with the amount dead. But hey, I expected it. Won't be using it again, I didn't think the chance of failure was so high... I wish I'd have waited for them =( this BSA definitely needs to be fairer.

Edited by Starbit-Plushie

I tried using it when the BSA first came, and it kept killing my eggs. I've never had a successful EQ, and when an egg did hatch, the hatchling ran away dry.gif

I've used this once before; none died but I think most were unaffected. 2 eggs did hatch though, so that was a bonus.

I'm really cautious about using it again as the kill rate apears to be quite high. Incubate is a lot better but obviously it takes time for cooldown.

haven't used it ever and dont intend to use it ever. though i've been tempted to use it before when i was egg locked with eggs justout of the Inu-hatchable range and a new release hit.

Just used it and I forced two hatchlings out of their egg succesfully tongue.gif The other one wasn't affected.

Edited by Chococat0815

No intention of using it unless I have a stack of easy-to-catch commons that I just want to hatch for some reason (like a new release). The fail rates are alarmingly high. 0.o

Eh. If I want to kill a few blockers to try and get something, I'll let my vamps loose. And I do. I still love Greens and have quite an number of them, I just don't feel like using their BSA. Too risky. Vamps let me control what I kill.

EDIT: Ohgeeze that came out wrong. I meant kill a few blockers for chance to hatch/make vauable. Not kill 'em just to get them out of the way. I mean, those are the ones I target just because no one will miss them, but not what I meant. xd.png

Edited by AlternateMew

I just used it for the first time.

Three unaffected and one Magi hatched early (and I caught it)

I almost never use the earthquake bsa. Only on common eggs that I m not worried about, an multiples ( if I have more than 2 of species) I also never kill to force hatch. I dont mind waiting, I prefer not to force hatch.

The Earthquake BSA seems really pointless to me, not to mention the risk is too high, so I have never used it and never will. :]

Gotta love the 2nd part of the title "Or how I stopped being impatient.." True that.

I used a few times, just to get disappointed and sad... now I just consider it not just pointless and not-useful but also evil xd.png

I used it thrice, the first time no effect on 4c eggs, the second time on 3 eggs 1 Hatched and no effect the rest.

The third time more spectacular, I tried it on 6 eggs, of which 4 had big holes inside and I'ld not have computer access for 1 week thereafter.

No one hatched, 3 killed, of which 2 with big holes.

That was my last attempt and it was even before these eggs could lock your scroll too.

Than it is easier to unlock by using a vampire, because the eggs have the chance to be repulsed. Bu I have all the Vampires, I'll ever need and won't use that option either.

So I'm just as patient as need to be, but sometimes a little grumbling wink.gif

I've used it a lot. 90% of the time nothing happens, and a few weeks ago I got my first casualty. It often works though.

Most of the time I forget this BSA even exists... I have never used it, and probably never will (unless I am really bored one day :P).

used it recently and killed a red egg i owed someone and a really nice ice egg that i wanted to keep Q_Q stupid bsa

Before using earthquake: ehhh this bsa seems uselss.

Used earthquake: used 4 times on scroll full of commons of different "time left"..some even lowtime,at varied occasions and got "no effect". But hey, it's at least better than what so many people got here i,e. No effect+kill.

Conclusion after use: Yep, useless alright.

I guess earthquake is the second most useless bsa I have acquired on my scroll, after the first 'unbeatable' expunge.

I find even splash better than these two, at least there we know "nothing" happens! xd.png

My solution to my impatience is my ever growing army of reds. FAR MORE reliable.

I haven't used it and probably never will. I'm not a big risk-taker, so I'll stick with Reds. laugh.gif

I have never had a living success with EQ. I stopped using it when the Incubate BSA came out, I think.

I am not a risk-taker when it comes to my eggs, xd.png so I don't think I will be trying out this BSA. wink.gif Do not want my egg slots locked up with dead eggs when it seems the probability of a successful hatch is so low.

I will use Incubate instead. xd.png

I used Earthquake just about now:

-5 eggs at 4 days 5 hours remaining

-and 2 eggs at 5 days 5 hours, all with 500/200/1 views.

6 eggs hatched successfully and one remained unaffected!

user posted image

I think that if you have a high amount of views it won't died but for it to hatch it has to have at least 150 unique views because I used EQ and my eggs had at least 1300 views but had less than 150 unique views were unaffected but the one with 150 unique views did hatch best time 1-5 days

@DaydreamDragon Wow! Way to go! I'm glad it worked out so well for you!

I have always been far too scared to risk my eggs using Earthquake after hearing that most of the people who I know who have tried it have ended up with a lot of dead eggs. I have been told that it's most likely to work when all your eggs have a big hole in them and are likely to hatch pretty soon as it is.

It was suggested to me only to use it if someone is offering you an egg you can't refuse and you don't have any room for it, in which case it's worth them dying if you can get one of them to hatch. If I end up in that situation I just send one to my sister for safekeeping or as a gift, but some people don't have that option.

Pretty much all my friends know that if they're offered an egg they can't refuse, I'll take one of their eggs to avoid them having to risk losing the eggs they already have, and may not end up with one hatching giving them the free spot they need for the egg they want anyhow. I'll extend that offer to pretty much anyone... I hate it when eggs die sad.gif

Edited by CandraCat