Misha

"Earthquake" BSA your success/disaster story?

Personally, I thought I'd try it. I mean, the chances weren't good but if I didn't have any incubator i.e. red available why not right? I decided not to risk any rare eggs..good strategy right? Common sense I thought to only do the more common eggs. I tried it once..no effect on eggs. I tried it twice...no effects again. I tried the ominous third time and...killed two eggs and the rest were unaffected. Done. Finito. I was really upset with myself. I don't use the kill button so any losses (aside from those that you lose against your best efforts) were upsetting. Today those two eggs should finally come off my scroll. But, I swear, staring every day for two weeks looking at those two dead eggs reminded me that I should just acquire more incubators i.e. reds which I am now doing. Any other good and or bad stories related to this bsa?

Edited by Misha

I failed several times resulting in dead eggs. sad.gif I think you need to use the action when your egg is fully cracked and low time

I failed several times resulting in dead eggs. sad.gif I think you need to use the action when your egg is fully cracked and low time

Mmmm...do we have any statistics to back up the "success" rate at near cracking stage it'd be interesting to find that out if someone has been keeping some sort of stats. cool.gif

Ah, well, I'd rather wait 3-4 days for my eggs to hatch then use the action ever again. It keeps me locking with dead eggs for 24 hours and my scroll looks stupid. Then It looks like I don't know how to play

My first earthquake was completely successful, so I thought that it would always hatch everything perfectly. My other five attempts or so just failed spectacularly changed my mind, everything was killed. For making eggs hatch early I think I'll stick to Incubate.

I tried it three times, always with four eggs.

Out of all of them one hatched, the others died or were unaffected. I'm not using it again.

I tried earthquake 4 times with 4 eggs at the last cracking stage each time.

First time killed 2 eggs and last two where unaffected.

Tried again still eggs where unaffected.

Then I tried again with a different batch.

All eggs where unaffected.

Next time 2 killed two hatched.

Needless to say I will not use this Bsa again. Instead I will just be really patient.

My first earthquake was completely successful, so I thought that it would always hatch everything perfectly. My other five attempts or so just failed spectacularly changed my mind, everything was killed. For making eggs hatch early I think I'll stick to Incubate.

Me too I think I was lulled into a false sense of security when the first two times resulted in no effect to the the eggs but the third time....whamo! Dead eggs. Incubation, to me at least, has only an upside and no downside like the earthquake. I used to love my pebble dragons too but now I shudder a bit when I look at them remembering what they can do to perfectly healthy eggs. blink.gif

The last 4 eggs at the bottom of my scroll were killed by my 4 pebble dragons, one by one, except the first dead egg. :/ lame

Of all the times I've used earthquake, at least three eggs died, one unaffected, non hatched. D:

I used it once. 1 died, the rest were unaffected.

I tried it a few times...

On a bunch of black eggs with huge holes, all died.

On a bunch of red eggs with huge holes, all died.

On a vamp with ~3 days something left, with a gigantic hole, it died.

So yeah, no more Earthquakes for me.

Mostly unaffected, sometimes forced, sometimes died. But only use it if you're willing to risk all your eggs.

tried and failed badly, yes 1 of my stripe eggs hatched but my scroll have been more than once full of dead eggs >.< so never going to use EQ again.

I've tried it once. One egg unaffected, four died. I might use it again if I want to hurry things along for something, but not if I have anything I really value on my scroll because the 'chance' of failure is HUGE.

I tried earthquaking some freshly bred eggs (all commons) for the neglected experiment. All I found out is that fresh eggs (7days and 1,1,0 or 1,1,1 or 0,0,0 stats) die the first earthquake they're exposed to.

As for the rest of my experiments with earthquake, I've only had one hatch and the rest either died or no effect.

I've only used Earthquake twice. The first time was relatively successful--three unaffected and one hatch. The second time was a failure, but a relatively mild one--three unaffected and one death. I haven't used it since.

I used mine recently. The effects are still on my scroll.  sad.gif

Ouch, and I thought losing my two was traumatic. I got to the point I just couldn't stand looking at those "dead" eggs. dry.gif

Edited by Misha

Aw Man!! I was brave enough to try the earthquack and it killed my water egg. Now I'm sad because I already have a dead horse egg from a vampire bite and its torture waiting for the eggs to disapear. I'm not useing that action in a long time.

Edit: I got a new water egg but it looks really bad with two dead eggs on my scroll.

Edited by shopgirl998