dracoon

Illogical Stuff in DC

Stone by day, warriors by night...

Nocturnes resemble stone in the day. How are they able to breed in the day?

I still think the enviroment being able to support all these giant creatures which never die is the most illogical thing on this site. I mean, imagine how much a clan of 100 dragons eat!

heck imagine how much one big dragon eats!

One thing I never got was the eggs in the mainpage (the caveborns). I never understood how you cant even tell what the eggs looked like UNTIL you grabbed them, and why you cant abandon them right away after? blink.gif I mean, I get why you cant for the game, but if you were actually collecting real dragons in a real world, why couldn't you see/abandon them?

If Magma dragons are covered with magma, how they can breed with the normal breeds without scald them? And about Golds, how they can breed with them without melt their gold scales?

In scientific views,

How are species of dragons able to interbreed?

How can a red dragon possibly breed with a mint dragon.

Next, how are these mixed species dragon offspring able to breed. In nature all hybrids are sterile. (I'm looking at you Shallow waters and blunas)

How does a scroll keep a fearsome dragon loyal to you?

I actually think dragon breeding is similar to dog breeding- they're all fairly closely related, but there can be massive differences (look at a great dane vs. a chihuahua.) But they're genetically close enough to breed AND produce viable offspring. Those that are too different (splits, Holidays), or not closely related enough (Drakes) cannot breed with dragons.

In a 'realistic' situation, only purebred dragons would really stay true to the species. The majority would just be mutts. However, that kind of thing is impossible for spriters to do, so we just go with one side being so dominant the other is virtually undetectable.

As for Shallow Waters/Blunas... some hybrids are fertile. 'Beefalo' (cow/bison) are, as are Bengal cats (domestic cat/Asian Leopard Cat), so it's not too impossible to assume that Blunas and Shallow Waters are also capable of being fertile. Or... hell, parthenogenesis, these things are reptiles after all. The only reason females would require a mate is to stimulate egg production/laying (thank you, whiptail lizards).

As to reds and mints, the answer is simple- very, very carefully wink.gif

Edited by Dr. Paine

In scientific views,

How are species of dragons able to interbreed?

How can a red dragon possibly breed with a mint dragon.

Next, how are these mixed species dragon offspring able to breed. In nature all hybrids are sterile. (I'm looking at you Shallow waters and blunas)

How does a scroll keep a fearsome dragon loyal to you?

First not all hybrids are sterile. Corn, king, bull, gopher and rat snakes can all breed together and produce viable offspring. So can different bird species and some mammals too.

And I see the dragons more like breeds, not different species. Like dogs are all the same exact species even though they come in a wide range of looks.

Why Magi dragons are called so if they don't do anything of magic?

I can answer this one- they do use magic. Their description says:

Magi dragons are, as their name suggests, primarily magic users. They rarely use physical forms of attack. They eat anything they can kill, which is almost everything. They won't kill unprovoked except when hunting, although they may kill humans if in danger. Their strong magic makes them one of the most feared breeds of dragons.

Just because they don't have an action (yet) doesn't mean they don't do magic. Also, they should be getting "teleport" soon.

1.When your dragon dies or gets killed, does it turn into a tombstone or do you make one for it? What happens to the tombstone after 2 weeks?

2. If a pygmy egg is neglected, would its size remain the same or it will enlarge to the normal neglected egg sprite? Can you neglect chickens, dinos, papers and cheeses?

3.How do you kill chickens, dinos, cheeses and papers? Cheeses and papers can be killed just like the normal dragons, I guess.

4.How exactly do the trios summon a guardian egg? Wait for the egg to drop out of the sky? Create one out of thin air? The whole summoning BSA is something like 'calling' the egg to come over.

5.Rgd the ridgewing description, is the cave high up in the mountains?

6.When the shallow waters use Splash, wont that create a tsunami?

7.When someone snatches the egg you want, wont it make sense for you to fight with the person over it?

8.'Try as you might, you cannot seem to find the egg you are looking for in the abandoned area'. You actually saw the egg on the AP page. How can you not find it?

9.Rgd AP trading, it is logical you meet the trader at the cave to directly pass him/her the egg, not do a countdown then drop the egg. Imagine the egg smashing on the trader's head should he/she fail to catch it. Lol.

10.Not all baby dragons are cute. The stone hatchling looks scary.

11.If you try to kill a dragon, wont it just run away, not simply dodge your attacks? How can a stone dragon dodge your attacks? It is immobile!

12.Since blacks and magis got magic powers, shouldnt they turn you into a toad? Why they dont have magical BSAs?

13.Since raising dragons from eggs to adults takes hundreds of years, aint we humans immortal?

14.'Dragons use telepathy with each other and to speak to other creatures'. For what purpose? Cant they just communicate with each other normally using body language, roaring, growling etc? Wont telepathy use a lot of brain energy? They cant possibly talk to humans using telepathy. What links do dragons have with other creatures anyway? And what other creatures exist in the DC world apart from dragons, humans, chickens and dinos?

15.How does a scroll get burnt? The human is stupid enough to go near a red or magma dragon? There are heat waves in the DC world?

16.What can an abandoned hatchling possibly do while leashed to a tree? There may not be food or water nearby. Wont it just die of hunger or thirst?

17.Frankly speaking, dragons may become cannibals if there is a severe lack of food. Parents will end up eating their young. Lol.

18.In the wilderness, how can so many dragons fit into one small cave?

19.When you abandon a hatchling, hoping that it will find its way back to its mother, would it be possible for the hatchling to do so if it has been with you for quite some time(like years)?

Edited by S9429183F

Where do Dinos get their shoes from? I don't exactly think there's a Vans or Skechers shop up in a cave full of dragons.

How do vampires accidentally get abandoned sometimes when you bite them? *imagines egg floating away after being bitten by a dragon* Won't the bite crack the egg?

Where do Cheese/Paper dragon eggs come from? They're enchated items but who's making them if they can't breed?

How do vampires accidentally get abandoned sometimes when you bite them?

It's specifically stated 'your other dragons are repulsed by the egg and toss it away from the cave'.

9.Rgd AP trading, it is logical you meet the trader at the cave to directly pass him/her the egg, not do a countdown then drop the egg. Imagine the egg smashing on the trader's head should he/she fail to catch it. Lol.

LOL i could not stop laughing at this laugh.gif

anyway, how does a cheese grow it's wings? do little lumps of cheese just poke out like tumors? and if not, where'd the extra cheese used to form wings come from?

then theres daydreams. do you have a little herd of floating blue clouds stored away in the back of the cave for your daydreams? and if they were outside, wouln't they float away? the same goes to balloons....

and where would you put pet magma and ice dragons if you don't live in antartica and on a volcano at the same time? and don't forget neotropicals....that'd be antartica, a volcano, and a rain forest all at the same time....in ONE cave. oh, and a desert. think spitfires.

where would you put pet magma and ice dragons if you don't live in antartica and on a volcano at the same time? and don't forget neotropicals....that'd be antartica, a volcano, and a rain forest all at the same time....in ONE cave. oh, and a desert. think spitfires.

That would be impossible.

When it comes to dropping a hatchling, it is riskier and could be fatal . The consequences would be dire if the trader fails to catch the hatchling. O.o

*imagines hatchling falling to the ground with a SPLAT*

Edited by S9429183F

That would be impossible.

exactly my point. and your AP trading is absolutely halarious. that makes me support teleport all the more, lol

11.If you try to kill a dragon, wont it just run away, not simply dodge your attacks? How can a stone dragon dodge your attacks? It is immobile!

Stone dragons are not immobile.

Stone dragons are not immobile.

Stone dragons rarely move and there is only occasional flicker of movement as mentioned in the hatchling description.

exactly my point. and your AP trading is absolutely halarious. that makes me support teleport all the more, lol

Lol, its fun using our sense of humour once in a while.

Please do not double post, use the edit tool.

Thank you.

do you have a little herd of floating blue clouds stored away in the back of the cave for your daydreams? and if they were outside, wouln't they float away? the same goes to balloons....

They're balloons after all, you have to tie a string to their tails. laugh.gif

Stone dragons rarely move and there is only occasional flicker of movement as mentioned in the hatchling description.

But they are able to move. They choose not to, most of the time, but I'd think they'd move if someone came at them with a sword or sledgehammer.

How do you kill a stone dragon? Your sword would break!

Sledgehammers cool.gif