Umbreon97

What was it like when you first joined?

Back when I first joined I actually knew what things would be worth in trades. Now I have no clue. Apparently my messy, long lineaged metallics are actually worth something now!

- Figuring out lineages and if something was inbred was an ordeal.

- One drop zone and the timers were different.

- There was a neverending autumn egg because eggs always gained time when they were dropped on the AP.

- Catching metallics was hard, but at least you saw them

- Way less types of dragons

- One egg description, one type of egg

Blacks and Bright Pinks sat for ages in the cave, the AP hardly ever had eggs...often there were no eggs in the main cave either. Ah, the good old days

This (:

And lineages were valued more than CB haha.

This (:

And lineages were valued more than CB haha.

Which explains why so many of my blacks and golds and silvers have a lineage. :'D

True story.... this was my gold :9

user posted image

^ I miss those days haha

Which explains why so many of my blacks and golds and silvers have a lineage. :'D

Same here! That's too bad now x)

Derp! I'll stop creeping on this thread.

I joined slightly over a year ago, so I don't have many "Back when I first joined..." stories other than the haphazard way of AP code trading and the disadvantages of not being able to rename. I wish I'd known about DragCave two years ago, then I could have gotten a Frill and Bright Pink.

I really haven't been on DC that long compared to others, as you can tell by my forum join date. Which actually, I joined DC 2 weeks before I joined the forums. However, I still remember my first release that was shortly after I joined DC. It was when the Electric, Canopy, Nocturne and Two-Finned Blunas were released. For like, a week the cave had nothing but the new dragons, and you couldn't get anything else but the new releases, lol. I remember how frustrated I was because I wanted to get other eggs because I was still a newbie. xd.png

At least I was here before the Frills became retired. So I still have a male, female, and a frozen. I just wish I could have been here for the old pinks. sad.gif

Edited by eterniawolf

I joined right before the skywing was released. Looong time ago. You had to rush to get any dragon, even the super-common ones like blacks or bright pinks.

Edited by JOTB

I joined right before the Black Sprites were updated. I don't remember what else was happening then, but that is one thing I remember. Purples were still an all-female breed. We still had Frills, too. I was a newb when they were being discontinued. For a long time while I was a member, the AP was almost always empty or near empty.

That's mostly what I remember from two years ago when I joined ^^

I remember there being only one cave, no teleport, and I think I remember when names were permanent, but that's all. I disappeared from the site a lot.

I miss the 5-10 minute drops the most, I think.

But I joined before the geodes/frills were released, so I miss a lot of things. xd.png

I can just barely remember what it was like to pick up eggs and not know what would hatch from them. Just barely.

I remember my gendered paper, and how I released him because I didn't have a female yet when gendered papers were discontinued, and I didn't want only half a set.

I remember having 4/5 slots instead of 7/21. I remember being locked by eggs and not being able to grab hatchlings, and having to breed to fill those last two slots.

I've never stayed with a site as long as I've stayed with DC. <3 I'm glad I stuck it out, it's become so well developed, I don't think I'll ever leave.

Oh yes, I remember the days of only one cave and the fact the blacks and old pinks took over the cave... as you can see from my mini army of old pinks.

I cannot recall strongly of the first time I've joined DC, but I know that once CB Blacks could be easily obtained compared to as of late.

I definitely remember the wall of Blacks, Frills, and Vines in the AP. I wish I had not left it to the last minute to gather more Frills sad.gif I only have two, and they are both bred. Thought I had more time to get them.

I also remember the insanity of trying to beat up to 2000 other players for Holiday eggs and almost that same number, trying to catch CB Metallics or the rarer eggs.

Yulebucks were my first Holiday eggs.

Remember way back, years ago, months ago, or even days ago, to your first couple times on Dragon Cave? I certainly do, and I remember that I made a lot of mistakes. Too many to count, in fact.

Do you have any funny newbie stories, silly mistakes, or things you didn't understand until after the fact? Let's hear 'um! biggrin.gif

Edit* or did you come in as a fully fledged dragon keeper, experiencing no problems at all?

Edited by HollyTheColliegirl

I only picked up hatchlings and low time eggs from the AP (before i knew about fansites). I was hoping that they had enough views to hatch and mature already..

That's why i got so many Blacks in the beginning because they were all alt-fails, i guess.

I think that is kinda silly... xd.png

I didn't know golds were rare. I let SO many go by in the cave. And I didn't catch enough frills... and I froze some CBs I shouldn't have.

But *draws self up proudly* I NEVER let an egg die for lack of views.

Oh, jesus, I thought everything I picked up was rare, I didn't know how to use the lineage feature, and I killed eggs because I didn't know what egglocked meant.

I was a general sod to people who were nice to me on the forums here.

._.

I only picked up hatchlings and low time eggs from the AP (before i knew about fansites). I was hoping that they had enough views to hatch and mature already..

That's why i got so many Blacks in the beginning because they were all alt-fails, i guess.

I think that is kinda silly... xd.png

I did that too. I mean, I did know about fansites. I was just too lazy and impatient to care for a bunch of eggs.

Me and my friend (before we knew about rarity) only got eggs we hadn't seen before. We probably missed quite a few rare eggs! I can remember that we missed a few red dorsals. Also I froze my first hatchling because it only had one day left. unsure.gif I never had a egg die till my second vampire bite though.

I actually had little to no problems. I have a nearly obsessive habit of thoroughly researching something before getting into it.

I'm the same way. I had been on click-pet sites before, though they were usually fleeting. This site is really simple, I honestly cannot comprehend how it can be so difficult for some people, unless they're children.

I killed my eggs and went on seriously long hiatuses and had no idea what was going on when I came back at least half a year later. Still do that sometimes. I've been pretty sporadic, and will soon celebrate my second year on DC. Goodness, how time flies. o.0 I'm also trying to reach my 500 dragon goal so I can happily go on yet another hiatus. Mwahaha.