Umbreon97

What was it like when you first joined?

Golds could be caught at least once an hour, silvers were common enough you couldnt give them away. Slow connection didnt matter, anyone could catch what they needed if they were determined. I remember the true lag monster, I was one of the few who still had access during a lot of it. bsa's didnt exist, kill still had a limit i think. However i was late enough joining tht alts had their own egg... or else i didnt realize there were different eggs.

I remember the old eggs getting a makeover.

I remember when blacks were so common that, cb blacks would be on the front page for like an hour(Very unrealistic now) until someone gives in and takes them or a huge wall in the abandoned pile. And if you see the abandon page clean of blacks- it's like seeing no eggs at all. In addition, if you wanted a black, refersh the abandoned pile a few times and a black hatchling would be there.

Now, I can't stop thinking why I didn't get a cb black egg back then.

hahah, same here

When I first joined it was almost impossible to get good dragons. Especially the gold and silvers. They were really popular at the time.

When I first joined I remember a skywing being one of my very first dragons. I thought it was one of the prettiest sprites ever, and I still do. smile.gif

One month after I joined the Frills and Geodes were released.

There were no BSA's, no biomes and the eggs looked different.

Rares seemed to pup up in the AP more often, since there was no Teleport. Lineages couldn't be viewed, so nobody really cared.

Also Silvers and Golds were more common.

And I bred several multiclutches, which I miss now.

There was one cave, you couldn't rename dragons, and badges didn't exist

When I first joined I remember seeing Frill and Bright Pink eggs filling the AP. Because they were common I planned on saving them for later while I started my collection. I would jump at every twin egg I saw, desperately trying to get a female.

Then I left for a little over a year. When I returned, those common eggs I had put off collecting were retired. The completionist in me wailed in disappointment. I renamed all my dragons, and slowly began to increase my collection the eggs I could still collect.

I still kick myself sometimes. "They're common eggs." I said. "I can always get one later." I said. Phooey on me. D:

I joined in the summer of 2010... I really wish I had joined earlier, I had seen it and I wanted to join, but my parents wouldn't let me. sad.gif

I remember me crying over the death of my first four eggs. I was so happy when my first Dragon grew up, and I always bred every single one of my Dragons. I didn't know about clicksites, so I had to post my eggs on forums. I also had no clue that there were forums for this site, so I had no clue when new Dragons were released.

Over all, it was pretty awesome back then.

When I first joined I had no idea how to make them grow..so they all died. After a time I read a guide and it told me I needed to put them into a fan site, so I logged on during the 2011 Valentines Day Event to get my first dragon that I knew how to take care of - a Heartseeker Dragon.

When I joined,my first 4 eggs included a frill! And..oh..it was all so much less structured,as we were mostly all worried more about our SCROLLS & our DRAGONS(even the so-called 'common' ones were oohed & ahed over by my friends & I..old pinks abounded,and i foolishly thought they always would,thus not getting good number of them...and when they were phased out,I mostly gifted members without ANY when I caught one,as it ewas like a panic to get them..same with frills...I felt so bad that frills were bashed so badly that they were taken off our cave! sad.gif

I remember summoning the guardian(s) of nature..I actually got 1st one on my first try...but the 2nd... xd.png !

Its gotten more...greedy....new people BUY NDS,when we took our experiments soo seriously,nowits just a matter of "trading" for them.Thats one thing we NEVER had...trading!I GIfTED..in fact,still DO!Its a point of honor,as when I was noob,many people were generous to ME..so,its about "passing it forward" while trying to also enjoy collecting,breeding & now I kNOW how to actually breed a lineage!!OMG..it was sooo difficult to learn it all...but Ive even got my OWN lineage these days*sigh

And thats all I have to say about THAT! wink.gif

Rockin' On

Well... all my eggs would die until I got lucky enough to find an egg that had over 900 views to it xd.png my eggs still die all the time though, sadly :c But I at least have two dragons that didn't die biggrin.gif

I joined in the summer of 2010... I really wish I had joined earlier, I had seen it and I wanted to join, but my parents wouldn't let me. sad.gif

I remember me crying over the death of my first four eggs. I was so happy when my first Dragon grew up, and I always bred every single one of my Dragons. I didn't know about clicksites, so I had to post my eggs on forums. I also had no clue that there were forums for this site, so I had no clue when new Dragons were released.

Over all, it was pretty awesome back then.

Gotta say, you are a lifesaver for mentioning click sites. I had no idea what they were until now and I now have two new baby dragons that were gonna die tomorrow. Thank you <3

I joined right before the Turpentine update. Luckily, the site wasn't too hard to understand and I started off good.

When I first joined;

1. There was no lineage tool. People had to track back their dragons manually to know where they came from.

2. Lineages were not as important due to that.

3. There were much fewer dragons and I don't remember a monthly release, but that could be my memory.

4. The suggestion subforum was closed and I think it had been for quiet a while.

5. Rares were rare. I don't remember a time when rares were that common people just kind of gave them away. I actually have not seen a rare until biomes were implemented.

6. I do remember the silver glitch that made silvers incredibly common. It was chaos after that since silvers practically vanished in breeding and dropping.

7. Inbreeding was not an issue.

8. Blacks were like a pest.

9. Alts had their own eggs, although slightly different from the normal variety.

10. Trading was a glitch, done through Ap using the egg code.

11. There were no BSA.

12. Pink and purple were an only female breed.

That's about all I remember now. tongue.gif

The AP was empty, and the front page? There was a even a scramble for COMMON EGGS. (well except pinks, that's still the same). This caveblocking? well we had no idea what that was! twas a foreign concept, a mere smudge on the horizon of the future, that an egg might languish in the AP for more than half a minute. Truly we live in dark times o.o

*wanders onto the next thread with my "THE END IS NEAR" sign*

I had forgotten all about that. smile.gif

You could tell if a black/vine egg was an alt or not by the egg itself. ;>

My first catch was Ochredrake. I didn't know there was fansite so I post it on Minecraft forum. This made him has most clicks in my scroll. I found it can't bred with normal dragons from wiki so I sought for glory drakes. Which was one of only two breeds of Drakes that time.

First release after my join was Two Head madness. (I checked from news, it actually wrong. First release was Bleeding moon and Imperial Fleshcrowne and they were released at next day from my first catch. I cared my only egg that time so I didn't cared about those releases.)