Mangaholic

Midsummer Shadows| OOC Thread

Your post was perfectly fine, Messiah, but just wondering, Forest Park Elves?

And so was yours, Key.

Btw, has anyone seen saphirewolf lately? She never fixed that app for quite a while...

No I haven't seen her, month or two ago she had to drop out of som other rps for some reason though, it's possible they aren't fully resolved

btw in New York short of a glow in the dark color no hair color is going to be very unusual

Edited by jaina

Encase you didn't figure it out, it's another graffiti crew i created.

I was hoping that some of them would have been included in the Forest Park murders

Well everyone is now converging to the same *I forgot the name* park. I am eager to see what will come out of this. ^^

Well I think with the now ability of colouring one's hair... No matter what color we have for hairs it may now be normal, though some are much more rare. xd.png

We may look like a bunch of delinquant! xd.png

Do I have to do anything specific or can I reserve the empty summer court faerie slot that's open?

Usually it takes me quite a bit of time to come up with a good character.

Oh hey, Murdered Clown! I'll put you in a reservation. Not much to it, but do me a good favor and try to finish it in at most 5 days. There are a couple of people who reserved spots about two weeks ago and still haven't came up with their character, which is why there are barely any spots left and yet only 8 characters. And also, it'd be nice if it were a guy, since we're a bit low on them. Another thing is that if you didn't look at the IC thread, you should do that, since that's where everything is. Sorry about this. xd.png

Sure, Messiah, I don't mind adding them to the murders, though it seems strange that Zax is sending Clay to a place where he might get killed.

Oh well, if New York is ful of crazy hair colors, they won't look too bad. But yeah, make sure that they don't converge all in one spot in the park. It's really big after all. I think about 500 acres, right?

If saphirewolf doesn't answer soon, should I take out her name?

Edit:

jaina, you need to fix your last post.

Key: Is it just a coincedence that Sadine's last name is Piromane? I just noticed this.

Rhea: You forgot the scratching part. It's not that big, but unless Sen is a really deep sleeper, my explanation for why it happened isn't going to work.

Edited by Mangaholic

I'm working on the character sheet right now :U And don't worry, I feel more comfortable playing guys anyway lmao.

Kay, Murder, but when you finish it, just post it here, so that the mistakes will be found a lot faster.

Rhea: Thanks for fixing, but next time, maybe you should read at least one of the posts so that you know what's going on.

I forgot to mention this. A large number of people went missing that morning, though if they don't watch the news, they won't know. If you looked at the Updates, you'll already know this, but I'll occasionally change the number, since the numbers are rising. Yes, I do update that section, and it'd be a good idea to check since I might add news that I forget to mention here.

Edit: I forgot to mention, it'd be a good idea if everyone revised their appearance section, especially for those who have dramatically changed. I think that jaina, Key, and dani-xo are the only people who don't need to do this. Thanks.

Edit again: Also, there aren't going to be any faeries around New York right now. They're all gone as of now.

Edited by Mangaholic

I have to revise Danni's appearance? But, she hasn't dramatically changed really. Her hair is just silver now and her eyes are gray. Do I really need to change it?

No, it's just copying your appearance and changing the color so that it'd be like this:

She keeps her hair cut at a short length that barely touches her shoulders with bangs that fall down just a bit past her eyebrows in a messy style.  Her hair is now silver. Her eyes have always been grey and seem to stare at people with a cold look to them. Many have commented that she has an elegant, yet stern-looking face. Some would also comment that she would look less stern if she would smile more often instead of glaring coldly at people. Her skin is very light in color.

It's just replacing the color, so it shouldn't be that bad.

Anyway, I think that most of the characters have reached the park already, right?

Just figuring out how to charge my new Ipod. (Never used one before)

I'll edit my appearance when i get the chance.

Oh, you want it to be where their hair is that color now...I'm still confused. Do I have to change my posts? And you're the one who can change it to that in my profile. I can't edit your post with the profiles in it.

Edit: Danni doesn't pay attention to the news. Thought I should mention that.

Edited by Kira1

Appearance? Ha, all that needs to be done for Sen is to change the part about "dark brown hair" to "dark green hair."

Sen is small and lithe, bordering on scrawny, and looks more like a 10-year-old than someone who's sixteen. He has light brown skin, startlingly bright green eyes, and short, messy dark green hair. His daily clothing varies, but he favors: khakis, a green t-shirt, ankle-high socks, and Converse shoes.  He always wears a silver watch with a black leather strap and a jade ouroboros pendant on a silver chain around his neck.

If it's all right, I'm going to start working on a Mountain Court character. I haven't read through quite everything yet, but with only one slot left I figured I'd better speak up first, get cracking second. smile.gif

Sorry just realized I put it in the wrong thread >>

Username: MurderMayhemxx

Name: Breckin Avery Rothbridge

Birthday:June 21, 1993

Court: Summer Court

Appearance: Breckin's hair is alive with the spirit of summer, a bright golden blond, tainted with flecks of scorched black locks. Razored off at the ends, his hair is often spiky and unkempt, as untameable as his spirit. He wears clothing typical of teenagers; colorful shirts and fairly tight pants. More often than not he wears a black hoodie that covers a good portion of his face, and also below his cheeks are two orange triangular markings, similar to tears.

His eyes are an unusual shade of yellow, and sparkle like glitter in direct sunlight. His body is of a fairly average build. 5'5" in height, and thin and lanky, almost aerodynamic in appearance.

Personality: Breckin is a fairly wise and street smart boy, with a wit as sharp as a razor. He's generally very open-hearted and caring, holding a soft spot in his heart for animals and is often seen helping them. Still he is not without a short fuse, and when provoked--which is quite an easy feat--his words become as cold and harsh as the sting of winter.

History: As far as Breckin knows, he has no family. His given name was from the old man who found him in the streets, raising him as his own son. Neither had a home, instead using an abandoned underground subway as shelter. The old man taught Breckin everything he needed to know for survival in the cruel city, especially as one of the unfortunate and homeless.

When the old man died, Breckin was left in charge of himself, and with some friends and stragglers his age that he'd found along the way, created a group known as Decemberunderground.

Weaknesses: 1. Cold weather will almost instantly cause him to get feverish.

2. He has a bit of an ego and combined with his quick temper gets him into many confrontations.

3. Breckin has almost no upper body strength. Cannot lift very heavy things or get into fist fights.

4. His danger loving attitude often gets him injured. He is usually seen bandaged up from some stunt.

Skills:

1. He is very good at stealing, though only steals what him and the rest of the group need to survive.

2. Breckin is a natural born leader and can usually order and calm a group with relative ease.

3. He's a smooth talker and a very good liar, getting him and others out of tight situations very easily.

4. Skilled musician. He's never tried an instrument he couldn't learn and play.

Special Abilities: A descendant of the Mraaden Sur, Breckin can withstand the hottest temperature and, though he usually only street performs it, eat flames. He can also create small bursts of flame from his fingertips like a match. Breckin's body is very lithe and flexible, giving him the ability to perform gymnastic like feats that would otherwise be difficult for others.

Unique Color: Crimson

Creature name: Mraaden Sur

Species: Faerie

Appearance: These summer court faerie's are born with strange orange triangular markings under their cheeks, much like tears, which has led them to be known as 'tears of the sun.' Their bodies are sometimes covered in tattoos, a customary trait of their kind. Their skin is a rugged tan, almost bronzed color and their eyes literally glitter golden in the sunlight. Mraaden Sur people also have wildly unkempt yellow hair, sometimes infused with black "highlights"

Behavior: They are fairly lighthearted people, more concerned with enjoyment than war. They live in the moment, and are friendly people, though their fighting ability makes them a force to be feared should trust be broken.

Diet: Many people of this descent carry the ability to eat hot flame, giving them the nickname "Fire eaters." They are omnivorous people, but the fire is what grants them more energy and power. They do not eat fire for nutrition, but merely to make themselves stronger.

Habitat: Warm areas mostly, though some venture out of their summer paradise to train themselves to withstand colder temperatures.

Ability: They have the ability to eat fire, as well as withstand the harshest temperatures. Their kind cannot be burned by fire of any kind, except cursed black flame. They also have control over fire and can create small outbursts of flame, though the most skilled can decimate a forest within moments.

Rarity: With the spread of humans, their kind has become increasingly more difficult to find, with only sporadic sightings the further you get from the equator.

Username: Kanaia

Name: Niall Alisdair Gray

Birthday: October 28, 1993

Court: Mountain Court

Appearance: Niall is tall and has broad, square features, his face framed by thick waves of blue-black hair, which is longer than some folks like on a boy. His eyes are bright blue beneath long lashes and overly bushy eyebrows. His wardrobe is... unusual, to say the least; the more unusual, the better. A typical outfit (if one can excuse the term for such an motley assortment of garments) might consist of pinstriped pants, hightops with something gaudy for laces, a brightly-colored shirt probably with a more or less witty saying on, a black trenchcoat, and to top it off, a bowler hat.

Personality: Beneath his cold, insensitive exterior lies a cold, insensitive interior. Niall is, above all, concerned with looking after number one; that is to say, himself. He’s willing to take others into account if, and only if, their needs don’t conflict with his own. He is highly aware of differences between himself and others, especially in terms of intelligence, and enjoys pointing these up as much as possible. Easily annoyed, and even more easily angered, he never backs down from a fight once things have been set in motion— his pride would not allow it.

History: Niall grew up in the Scottish highlands, hiking in and around the lochs on weekends, and he has never gotten over being homesick. His parents, both of whom are art dealers, decided to relocate when he was twelve because, as his mother said, “This country is no place to raise a girl.” And so, with the addition of a baby sister, his entire life was thrown into disarray. The move to New York was not an easy one; it was wrenching to leave his friends, both human and geological, for a strange place that was nearly as flat as Holland.

He soon fit in at his new school— if as fitting in, you count becoming the jocks’ new chew toy. But with a few well-placed punches he demonstrated that they would probably be better off to leave him alone, which is just what they did. Trouble was, so did everyone else. Not that Niall was too fussed about it. He was content just to go about his own business. But his parents were worried, and they pushed him to join all kinds of clubs until finally he came across something he enjoyed: art. They were surprised, considering that he’d never expressed any interest in their work before then; but at least it got him out of his room... once in a while. Recently he got a job at McDonald’s, which he hates, but it pays for his paints, so it’s worth the trouble. Occasionally he goes in for rock wall climbing; it feels fake, but it keeps him prepared in case he ever gets a crack at the real thing again.

Weaknesses:

1. Ego, ego, ego.

2. Prone to fits of irrational anger.

3. Doesn’t take orders well.

4. Insensitive to the feelings of others.

5. Hates water as much as the average cat. This also applies to bathing.

Skills:

1. Good physical condition. In addition to the rock wall climbing, he walks everywhere he possibly can.

2. Bon mots, witticisms, and clever comebacks— he is a master of well-chosen words.

3. He is a very agile climber, despite his stodgy appearance, and has excellent balance.

4. Coldly pragmatic, he always takes the long view and thinks in terms of strategy rather than tactics. This makes him very good at chess, among other things.

5. Mostly immune to despair. You’d never call him cheerful in aspect, but he’s not one to give up before the fight is over.

Special Abilities: As a descendant of the Scalairdé, Niall has tougher skin than many people, but currently it’s not to a noticeable degree. Later, as the latent fae blood within him begins to awaken, he will be able to create a temporary “exoskeleton,” not as strong as his ancestors were capable of, but rather similar to the effect of wearing leather armor. He also can shift small amounts of earth or sand; this ability will also increase gradually.

Unique Color: dimgray

“For beauty is nothing but the beginning of terror, which we are still just able to endure,

And we are so awed because it serenely disdains to annihilate us.

Every angel is terrifying.”

~Rainier Maria Wilke

Birthday: June 21, 1993 You need to change the date so that Breckin is sixteen on June 24th.

Appearance: Breckin's hair is alive with the spirit of summer, a bright golden blond, tainted with flecks of scorched black locks. Razored off at the ends, his hair is often spiky and unkempt, as untameable as his spirit. He wears typical teen clothing; colorful shirts and fairly tight pants. More often than not, he wears a black hoodie that covers a good portion of his face, and also below his cheeks are two orange triangular markings, similar to tears. I don't mind you leaving this here, but you do realize that they're all perfectly normal teens with nothing weird about them, at least not yet?

His eyes are an unusual shade of yellow, and sparkle like glitter in direct sunlight. His body is of a fairly average build: 5'5" in height, and thin and lanky, almost aerodynamic in appearance.

Personality: Breckin is a fairly wise and street smart boy, with a wit as sharp as a razor. He's generally very open-hearted and caring, holding a soft spot in his heart for animals, and can often be seen helping them. Still, he is not without a short fuse, and when provoked--which is quite an easy feat--his words become as cold and harsh as the sting of winter.

History: As far as Breckin knows, he has no family. His given name was from the old man who found him in the streets, raising him as his own son. Neither had a home, instead using an abandoned underground subway as shelter. The old man taught Breckin everything he needed to know about survival in the cruel city, especially as one of the unfortunate and homeless.

When the old man died, Breckin was left in charge of himself, and with some friends and stragglers his age that he'd found along the way, he created a group known as Decemberunderground.

Weaknesses: 1. Cold weather will almost instantly cause him to get feverish.

2. He has a bit of an ego, which combined with his quick temper, often gets him into many confrontations.

3. Breckin has almost no upper body strength. Cannot lift very heavy things or get into fist fights. Could you phrase this in a complete sentence please?

4. His danger-loving attitude often gets him injured. He is usually seen bandaged up because of some stunt.

Skills:

1. He is very good at stealing, though he only steals what he and the rest of the group need to survive.

2. Breckin is a natural born leader and can usually order and calm a group with relative ease.

3. He's a smooth talker and a very good liar, able to get himself and others out of tight situations very easily.

4. Skilled musician. It'd be nice if this were in a complete sentence too. He's never tried an instrument he couldn't learn and play.

Special Abilities: A descendant of the Mraaden Sur, Breckin can withstand the hottest temperatures and, though he usually only street performs it I don't know about this. He shouldn't be able to do this yet. It's not possible. Even after he gets his abilities, it'd be a really bad idea for him to street perform like that in our world., eat flames. He can also create small bursts of flame from his fingertips like a match. This technically doesn't count as a special ability either, since all Summer Faeries are capable of that. Breckin's body is very lithe and flexible, giving him the ability to perform gymnastic like feats that would otherwise be difficult for others. Umm... this doesn't count as a special ability. It should be a skill.

Unique Color: crimson

Creature name: Mraaden Sur Maybe you should add how to say it?

Appearance: These Summer Court Faeries are born with strange orange triangular markings under their cheeks, much like tears, which has led them to be known as "tears of the sun." Their bodies are sometimes covered in tattoos, a customary trait of their kind. Their skin is a rugged tan, almost bronzed color, and their eyes literally glitter golden in the sunlight. Mraaden Sur people also have wildly unkempt yellow hair, sometimes infused with black "highlights."

Behavior: They are fairly lighthearted people, more concerned with enjoyment than war. They live in the moment and are friendly people, though their fighting ability makes them a force to be feared should trust be broken.

Diet: Many people of this descent carry the ability to eat hot flames, giving them the nickname "Fire Eaters." They are omnivorous people, but the fire is what grants them the most energy and power. They do not eat fire for nutrition, but merely to make themselves stronger.

Habitat: Warm areas mostly, though some venture out of their summer paradise to train themselves to withstand colder temperatures.

Ability: They have the ability to eat fire, as well as to withstand the harshest temperatures. Their kind cannot be burned by fire of any kind, except cursed black flames. They also have control over fire and can create small outbursts of flame, though the most skilled can decimate a forest within moments. You really don't need this part, since all Summer Faeries are capable of this.

Rarity: With the spread of humans, their kind has become increasingly more difficult to find, with only sporadic sightings the further you get from the equator.

Murder, you should read the rules again.

Though I did notice that the two Summer Faeries we have are street performers, in a sense.

----------

Appearance: Niall is tall and has broad, square features; his face framed by thick waves of blue-black hair, which is longer than some folks like on a boy. His eyes are bright blue beneath long lashes and overly bushy eyebrows. His wardrobe is... unusual, to say the least; the more unusual, the better. A typical outfit (if one can excuse the term for such an motley assortment of garments) might consist of pinstriped pants, hightops with something gaudy for laces, a brightly-colored shirt probably with a more or less witty saying on, a black trenchcoat, and to top it off, a bowler hat. It would be nice if you added his exact height.

Personality: Beneath his cold, insensitive exterior lies a cold, insensitive interior. Niall is, above all, concerned with looking after number one; that is to say, himself. He’s willing to take others into account if, and only if, their needs don’t conflict with his own. He is highly aware of differences between himself and others, especially in terms of intelligence, and enjoys pointing these up as much as possible. Easily annoyed, and even more easily angered, he never backs down from a fight once things have been set in motion— his pride would not allow it.

History: Niall grew up in the Scottish highlands, hiking in and around the lochs on weekends, and he has never gotten over being homesick. His parents, both of whom are art dealers, decided to relocate when he was twelve because, as his mother said, “This country is no place to raise a girl.” And so, with the addition of a baby sister, his entire life was thrown into disarray. The move to New York was not an easy one; it was wrenching to leave his friends, both human and geological, for a strange place that was nearly as flat as Holland.

He soon fit in at his new school— if as fitting in, you count becoming the jocks’ new chew toy. But with a few well-placed punches, he demonstrated that they would probably be better off to leave him alone, which is just what they did. Trouble was, so did everyone else. Not that Niall was too fussed about it. Is that a complete sentence? He was content just to go about his own business, but his parents were worried, and they pushed him to join all kinds of clubs until finally, he came across something he enjoyed: art. They were surprised, considering that he’d never expressed any interest in their work before then; but at least it got him out of his room... once in a while. Recently he got a job at McDonald’s, which he hates, but it pays for his paints, so it’s worth the trouble. Occasionally, he goes in for rock wall climbing; it feels fake, but it keeps him prepared in case he ever gets a crack at the real thing again. Just wondering, does anyone know at what age New Yorker teens are allowed to work?

Weaknesses:

1. Ego, ego, ego.

2. Prone to fits of irrational anger.

3. Doesn’t take orders well.

4. Insensitive to the feelings of others.

5. Hates water as much as the average cat. This also applies to bathing.

It'd be nice if these were all complete sentences.

Skills:

1. Good physical condition. Same thing. In addition to the rock wall climbing, he walks everywhere he possibly can.

2. Bon mots, witticisms, and clever comebacks— he is a master of well-chosen words.

3. He is a very agile climber, despite his stodgy appearance, and has excellent balance.

4. Coldly pragmatic, he always takes the long view and thinks in terms of strategy rather than tactics. This makes him very good at chess, among other things.

5. Mostly immune to despair. Same thing again. You’d never call him cheerful in aspect, but he’s not one to give up before the fight is over.

Special Abilities: As a descendant of the Scalairdé, Niall has tougher skin than many people, but currently, it’s not to a noticeable degree. Later, as the latent fae blood within him begins to awaken, he will be able to create a temporary “exoskeleton,” not as strong as his ancestors were capable of, but rather similar to the effect of wearing leather armor. He also can shift small amounts of earth or sand; this ability will also increase gradually. You don't really need this part, since all Mountain Faeries are capable of this.

Niall is really like the Mountain Faeries in personality, though not even close in clothing.

My edits are in bold, and the italics are what I would like you to fix. Hope I helped! ^^

Edit: It'd be a good idea for you guys if you actually looked up what Forest Park actually is.

http://www.nycgovparks.org/sub_your_park/v...orest_park.html

http://www.nycgovparks.org/parks/forestpark

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forest_Park_(Queens,_New_York)

Edited by Mangaholic

Edited. Also changed the color since I'm not a fan

Birthday: June 21, 1994

Appearance: Breckin's hair is alive with the spirit of summer, a bright golden blond, tainted with flecks of scorched black locks. Razored off at the ends, his hair is often spiky and unkempt, as untameable as his spirit. He wears typical teen clothing; colorful shirts and fairly tight pants. More often than not, he wears a black hoodie that covers a good portion of his face.

His eyes are an unusual shade of yellow, and sparkle like glitter in direct sunlight. His body is of a fairly average build: 5'5" in height, and thin and lanky, almost aerodynamic in appearance.

Personality: Breckin is a fairly wise and street smart boy, with a wit as sharp as a razor. He's generally very open-hearted and caring, holding a soft spot in his heart for animals, and can often be seen helping them. Still, he is not without a short fuse, and when provoked--which is quite an easy feat--his words become as cold and harsh as the sting of winter.

History: As far as Breckin knows, he has no family. His given name was from the old man who found him in the streets, raising him as his own son. Neither had a home, instead using an abandoned underground subway as shelter. The old man taught Breckin everything he needed to know about survival in the cruel city, especially as one of the unfortunate and homeless.

When the old man died, Breckin was left in charge of himself, and with some friends and stragglers his age that he'd found along the way, he created a group known as Decemberunderground.

Weaknesses:

1. Cold weather will almost instantly cause him to get feverish.

2. He has a bit of an ego, which combined with his quick temper, often gets him into many confrontations.

3. Breckin has almost no upper body strength. He cannot lift very heavy things or get into fist fights.

4. His danger-loving attitude often gets him injured. He is usually seen bandaged up because of some stunt.

5. At times he can be fooled very easily, displaying an almost childlike naivete.

Skills:

1. He is very good at stealing, though he only steals what he and the rest of the group need to survive.

3. He's a smooth talker and a very good liar, able to get himself and others out of tight situations very easily.

4. He is a skilled musician. He's never tried an instrument he couldn't learn and play.

5. Breckin's body is flexible and lithe. He is able to perform feats that rival the most skilled gymnastic.

Special Abilities: A descendant of the Mraaden Sur, Breckin can withstand the hottest temperatures, no matter how bad they are thrown at him. As his latent abilities awaken, he will gain control over eating flames to increase his strength. Though not nearly as potent, the blood of IncendiaPresul also grants him the ability to dance with and within the flames.

Unique Color: Salmon

Mraaden Sur (pronounced Raden Sur):Faeries of the Summer Court. the Mraaden Sur are lighthearted faeries that are usually more concerned with enjoyment than war. They're a friendly race, though quick to anger, and their trust is as easily taken as it is granted. They have wild and unkempt blond hair which usually has flecks of black "highlights" scattered throughout. Their eyes are a distinct shade of yellow that literally glitter in the sunlight, and they are born with triangular markings under their eyes that are nicknamed "tears of the sun."

The Mraaden Sur are an omnivorous race, but carry the ability to eat direct flame, as a means to power themselves. A Mraaden Sur weak from battle merely needs to find a source of flame to eat and regain his or her strength. They cannot, however, eat flames that they themselves create. The Mraaden Sur cannot be burned by fire of any kind, except cursed black flames, and they live usually in the hottest areas, more common near the equator.

“For beauty is nothing but the beginning of terror, which we are still just able to endure,

~Rainier Maria Wilke

Edited by MurderMayhemxx

Murder, you're forgetting something that's mentioned in the rules, but I'm not going to ignore you, just cause it's a waste of time.

Appearance: Breckin's hair is alive with the spirit of summer, a bright golden blond, tainted with flecks of scorched black locks. Razored off at the ends, his hair is often spiky and unkempt, as untameable as his spirit. He wears typical teen clothing; colorful shirts and fairly tight pants. More often than not, he wears a black hoodie that covers a good portion of his face.

Weaknesses:

3. Breckin has almost no upper body strength. He cannot lift very heavy things or get into fist fights.

5. At times he can be fooled very easily, displaying an almost childlike naivete.

Skills:

4. He is a skilled musician. He's never tried an instrument he couldn't learn and play.

5. Breckin's body is flexible and lithe. He is able to perform near gymnastic feats that others normally cannot. There seems to be something wrong with this sentence.

Special Abilities: A descendant of the Mraaden Sur, Breckin can withstand the hottest temperatures, no matter how bad they are thrown at him. As his latent abilities awaken, he will gain control over eating flames to increase his strength. Though not nearly as potent, the blood of IncendiaPresul also grants him the ability to dance with and within the flames. I don't mind him having the blood of the IncendiaPresul, but you might want to ask Key about this, since she's the creator.

Creature name: Mraaden Sur (said Raden sur)

Appearance: These Summer Court Faeries are born with strange orange triangular markings under their cheeks, much like tears, which has led them to be known as "tears of the sun." Their bodies are sometimes covered in tattoos, a customary trait of their kind. Their skin is a rugged tan, almost bronzed color, and their eyes literally glitter golden in the sunlight. Mraaden Sur people also have wildly unkempt yellow hair, sometimes infused with black "highlights."

Behavior: They are fairly lighthearted people, more concerned with enjoyment than war. They live in the moment and are friendly people, though their fighting ability makes them a force to be feared should trust be broken.

Diet: Many people of this descent carry the ability to eat hot flames, giving them the nickname "Fire Eaters." They are omnivorous people, but the fire is what grants them the most energy and power. They do not eat fire for nutrition, but merely to make themselves stronger.

Habitat: Warm areas mostly, though some venture out of their summer paradise to train themselves to withstand colder temperatures. Just to let you know, Summer Faeries can not withstand any temperature below 10*C, no matter what. Winter Faeries can not withstand any temperature above 85*F.

Ability: They have the ability to eat fire, as well as to withstand the harshest temperatures. Their kind cannot be burned by fire of any kind, except cursed black flames.

And I think that your creature form is fine now. Write it in a paragraph, and I'll check for grammar/spelling mistakes.

Huh. I read those things twice over and missed that. I must be having an off day. Anyway I edited the post, to save space.

Should I PM key? I'm not sure where else to contact her.

Edited by MurderMayhemxx

Edited! I added a bit at the end of his appearance, nothing that wasn't common sense though.

Oh, and what you said about personality vs. appearance and the Mountain Faeries— was that a criticism, a comment, or both?

And edited again. I think I got everything.

Appearance: Niall is tall, about six feet in height, and has broad, square features. His face is framed by thick waves of blue-black hair, which is longer than some folks like on a boy. His eyes are bright blue beneath long lashes and overly bushy eyebrows. His wardrobe is... unusual, to say the least; the more unusual, the better. A typical outfit (if one can excuse the term for such an motley assortment of garments) might consist of pinstriped pants, hightops with something gaudy for laces, a brightly-colored shirt probably with a more or less witty saying on, a black trenchcoat, and to top it off, a bowler hat. He doesn’t change— or bathe— all that often, and his clothes are usually spattered with paint.

He soon fit in at his new school— if as fitting in, you count becoming the jocks’ new chew toy. But with a few well-placed punches he demonstrated that they would probably be better off to leave him alone, which is just what they did. Trouble was, so did everyone else. Not that Niall was too fussed about it— he was content just to go about his own business, but his parents were worried, and they pushed him to join all kinds of clubs until finally he came across something he enjoyed: art. They were surprised, considering that he’d never expressed any interest in their work before then; but at least it got him out of his room... once in a while. Recently he got a job at McDonald’s, which he hates, but it pays for his painting supplies, so it’s worth the trouble. Occasionally he goes in for rock wall climbing; it feels fake, but it keeps him prepared in case he ever gets a crack at the real thing again.

Weaknesses:

1. Ego, ego, ego— Niall is all about Niall, and his opinion of himself is hugely inflated.

2. He is prone to fits of irrational anger.

3. He doesn’t take orders well.

4. He can be very insensitive to the feelings of others.

5. He hates water as much as the average cat. This also applies to bathing.

Skills:

1. He is in good physical condition. In addition to the rock wall climbing, he walks everywhere he possibly can.

5. Niall is mostly immune to despair. You’d never call him cheerful in aspect, but he’s not one to give up before the fight is over.

Special Abilities: As a descendant of the Scalairdé, Niall has tougher skin than many people, but currently it’s not to a noticeable degree. Later, as the latent fae blood within him begins to awaken, he will be able to create a temporary “exoskeleton,” not as strong as his ancestors were capable of, but rather similar to the effect of wearing leather armor.

~Rainier Maria Wilke

Edited by Kanaia

Kanaia: That was just a comment, nothing more. ^^

Murder: Yeah, you should PM her.

--------------

Weaknesses:

Skills:

5. Breckin's body is flexible and lithe. He is able to perform feats that rival the most skilled gymnastic.

Special Abilities: A descendant of the Mraaden Sur, Breckin can withstand the hottest temperatures, no matter how bad they are thrown at him. As his latent abilities awaken, he will gain control over eating flames to increase his strength. Though not nearly as potent, the blood of the IncendiaPresul also grants him the ability to dance with and within the flames.

Mraaden Sur (pronounced Raden Sur): Faeries of the Summer Court. the Mraaden Sur are lighthearted faeries that are usually more concerned with enjoyment than war. Nothing was wrong with how it was first, but I just changed it so that it matched how the others were formatted. Hope that's okay with you. They're a friendly race, though quick to anger, and their trust is as easily taken as it is granted. They have wild and unkempt blond hair which usually has flecks of black "highlights" scattered throughout. Their eyes are a distinct shade of yellow that literally glitter in the sunlight, and they are born with triangular markings under their eyes that are nicknamed "tears of the sun."

The Mraaden Sur are an omnivorous race, but carry the ability to eat direct flame, as a means to power themselves. A Mraaden Sur weak from battle merely needs to find a source of flame to eat and regain his or her strength. They cannot, however, eat flames that they themselves create. The Mraaden Sur cannot be burned by fire of any kind, except cursed black flames, and they live usually in the hottest areas, more common near the equator.

---------------

Appearance: Niall is tall, about six feet in height, and has broad, square features. His face is framed by thick waves of blue-black hair, which is longer than some folks like on a boy. His eyes are bright blue beneath long lashes and overly bushy eyebrows. His wardrobe is... unusual, to say the least; the more unusual, the better. A typical outfit (if one can excuse the term for such an motley assortment of garments) might consist of pinstriped pants, hightops with something gaudy for laces, a brightly-colored shirt probably with a more or less witty saying on, a black trenchcoat, and to top it off, a bowler hat. He doesn’t change— or bathe— all that often, and his clothes are usually spattered with paint.

He soon fit in at his new school— if as fitting in, you count becoming the jocks’ new chew toy. But with a few well-placed punches he demonstrated that they would probably be better off to leave him alone, which is just what they did. Trouble was, so did everyone else. Not that Niall was too fussed about it— he was content just to go about his own business, but his parents were worried, and they pushed him to join all kinds of clubs until finally he came across something he enjoyed: art. They were surprised, considering that he’d never expressed any interest in their work before then; but at least it got him out of his room... once in a while. Recently he got a job at McDonald’s, which he hates, but it pays for his painting supplies, so it’s worth the trouble. Occasionally he goes in for rock wall climbing; it feels fake, but it keeps him prepared in case he ever gets a crack at the real thing again.

Weaknesses:

1. Ego, ego, ego— Niall is all about Niall, and his opinion of himself is hugely inflated.

2. He is prone to fits of irrational anger.

3. He doesn’t take orders well.

4. He can be very insensitive to the feelings of others.

5. He hates water as much as the average cat. This also applies to bathing.

Skills:

1. He is in good physical condition. In addition to the rock wall climbing, he walks everywhere he possibly can.

5. Niall is mostly immune to despair. You’d never call him cheerful in aspect, but he’s not one to give up before the fight is over.

Special Abilities: As a descendant of the Scalairdé, Niall has tougher skin than many people, but currently it’s not to a noticeable degree. Later, as the latent fae blood within him begins to awaken, he will be able to create a temporary “exoskeleton,” not as strong as his ancestors were capable of, but rather similar to the effect of wearing leather armor.

And that should be it. ^^

By the way, do you both know what to post about when your forms get accepted?

Edit:

jaina-I don't really care, since there isn't much to post about as of now, but next time, could you try to get through two paragraphs? Thanks.

Edited by Mangaholic