Mangaholic

Midsummer Shadows| OOC Thread

Okay, then. ^^ But it'll be a bit hard trying to bring them into the story without making it too rough. Here's a long explanation about how our charries came to be:

Pairing/marriage/mating/etc. between a faerie and an Umbralatronis/mundane (and between two different Courts) is shunned, so both the parents and their child would have to go into hiding to prevent from being killed. Over time, they pretty much blended into the human population, and all records of them were erased in their previous worlds. So there would be the challenge... the Umbralatronis parent would definitely be dead, and the faerie parent might still be alive, but even though they're immortal, they could still have been killed by some random Downworlder. So, this courtship would have happened maybe a couple thousand years ago, or so, until the whole prophecy thing awakens the faerie blood in the descendants. I don't know if that made sense...but hopefully, it'll be clearer later on.

Key: I'm pretty sure Sadie would be really irritated even if she lived in California. After all, isn't it cold in the winter?

It stays pretty warm in Southern California, even in the winter, it's only cold at night. Average temperature during the day is around 70 in the winter, but it can get extremely cold at night.

Hmmm... I don't know about that anymore. It's getting a lot colder than usual, lately. Either that, or I'm just not cut out for the cold...

Edited by Mangaholic

It gets cold where i live during the winter in California. I live in Sacramento though, not Southern California. I'm more in the middle of the state.

And now that you mentioned about the issue of their parents, manga, it made me start thinking of what i should do about Danni's parents. So many possibilities~

And i was also wondering about what we were going to do about characters meeting up with each other. or will something like that happen once you get those profiles from people.

Also, if no one is going to take that Mountain Court Faerie spot, then maybe i will. Though, if someone who doesn't have a character comes along wanting to be in Mountain Court then they can have the spot.

try my winter it's 4 below outside right now and it was snowing the last few days

I live in southern California, but it’s gotten really cold lately. Just definitely not as cold as Canada or New York… 0 degrees Celsius is freezing cold where I live.

Okay then, if brokenglass isn’t done with her forms by Friday, all of you are welcome to post. Here’s what I have in mind, but feel free to object:

The characters should be finishing up their day, and when they go to sleep, they’ll have some random dream (or nightmare, if you want) vaguely telling them to go to Forest Park, which is currently closed down due to the mysterious murders of several visitors. It doesn’t really matter how vague and complicated it is, because since a normal teen probably wouldn’t listen to a dream they had, we’re going to have to think of a way to get them there by “accident.” But that’s later, so don’t worry about it; just get this part done for now. Let’s see, I don’t really care what happens in the dream, as long as it isn’t too clear to the character what is going on. So they can dream about dancing flames, a frozen earth, ravens, talking squirrels, moving carrots, etc.

And then afterwards, when they wake after their dream/nightmare in the middle of the night, which should be the morning of June 24th, there's going to be violent scratching at their front door/bedroom window (whichever you prefer). Nothing will get in, for a reason, and the scratching will probably go away in about a minute or so.

Sorry for controlling your posts for now, but once I can get all of our characters in one place, it should be good.

Come and join me in my -25 Celsius with snow. xd.png

Ok time for me to post in game on the real thread.

i'm glad i don't live where you all do. i'd be freezing my butt off all the time. @_@

and don't worry about it manga. i like it when someone tells me what's going to happen like you did. There are guidelines for what to do, but we can have fun with it. >w<

Where i live, the temp can get to -50*C in the winter, and it's usually accompanied by a blizzard!

Yes, it can get that ******* cold! But it's rare, it's normally -40*C, And we drink slushes (Slurpees) in that weather!

But this year, it's be really mild, it barely got past -20*C.

Edited by SandMessiah

So, the next post should be a dream post? Just trying to clarify. And I like it when we have directions like that, because it lets the writing all be similar and different at the same time. biggrin.gif It's snowy where I like and relatively cold, but not insane.

Well... it does get as low as -40, but the worst is how it can get pass out coat to bite deep at us. Humidity make it worst >p

Still don't you wanna come at our place Kira? You would get used to it after a while. xd.png

Wait... what's this about a dream post? I made mine to have a day writing then go to bed not to take to much time. Do I have to dream now?

Will do then I have plenty of idea ^^

skarx, from our talks I know plenty about how it is there right now, plus I've visited areas near you so I know better. I think I'll stay right where I am

I hear there's a huge snow storm on the east coast right now, right?

Wow... -20 degrees is mild. O.o I'd freeze to death when it's below 20*C.

Yeah, dreams/ nightmares next. But since it's a dream, it doesn't have to exactly make sense, as long as the message gets through. But hopefully, bg will be done by then...

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

user posted image

Here's what I had planned:

They have their little dream, and waking up in the middle of the night, they hear violent scratching outside of their house. It'll go away after a while, and in the morning, they'll find that their appearance changed completely. So, for example, Shira would look in the mirror and find that her hair turned gray.

If the charrie is the type who would check their house for the scratching, they won't find anything. And you could include going to the park if you'd like. It'd be a bit subconscious though, since most people wouldn't do what something a dream told them to. That would be the hard part, how to make them "accidentally" get there.

Did that make sense?

EDIT: Skarx, it'd be nice if you used quotation marks.

Edited by Mangaholic

Glad you like it. tongue.gif

Anyways, I finally got my post done. Sorry if it's a bit weird, but I got really tired with it.

kk I'll get on with my post shortly

that good manga?

Edited by jaina

There, posting my dream part xd.png

I'll put quotation I probably forgot to put them before sorry...

Aside from a couple run-on sentences and other mistakes, it's perfectly what I had planned for it to be, jaina.

And Kira, yours was perfect too, and nothing wrong with going past. I just got too lazy. xd.png

Skarx, your post had a lot of grammar mistakes that you might want to look over...

The charries should all meet inside the park, so they can all go walking around when they get there. It's a huge park, from what wikipedia says...

I'll look over it. Sorry for the grammar... was the rest fine at least?