Mangaholic

Midsummer Shadows| OOC Thread

ha ha I figured it out after watching an anime Toaru Kagaku no Railgun, I looked up the basic principals of it and it would work, just use electricity to create a rapidly alternating magnetic field and anything that's not diamagnetic (nonmagnetic) will be accelerated to about 2 or 3 times the speed of sound

Toaru Kagaku no Railgun, it's pretty funny with a good plt, and I'm considering making an rp based off of it

You mentioned that in the railgun GD topic, didn't you?

Technically, with electricity you could also control people, b/c of all the electrical activities in our brains... it'd take a lot of effort, though, to make sure you don't short-circuit them.

railgun dg topic?

nm found it

Edited by jaina

I'll apply for Mountain Court 2. Note: I've never been in a roleplay like this, but I've been in similar ones.

Username: Mossnose_15

Name: Flare

Birthday: 4-23-1993

Court: Mountain

Appearance: (sorry, I'm bad at this and personality) Bright red hair, taller than average, thin, gray eyes

Personality: Intelligent, kind, not the strongest in the world, but fast

History: Flare has always lived in the mountains, she's not really sure where she came from or how she got to the mountains, but she's never left them. Heck, she doesn't even know what she is. She lost her memory.

Weaknesses:

1. Flare has a temper

2. Flare doesn't easily trust others.

3. She has sucky aim with ranged weapons

4. She doesn't have her memory back yet (I think she'll get it later, not sure yet)

Skills:

1. Survival skills. They come in handy a lot

2. Flare is fast and good with close ranged weapons

3. Flare can make and avoid traps

Special abilities: None she knows about...

Unique color: (sorry if this didn't show up) orange

Edited by Mossnose_15

Err, Mossnose..you should probably look at the real topic, Midsummer Shadows and look over things there. The application is more seriously defined and should help you make sure everything is right.

Manga what do you think about the idea I had for Shira to learn?

Mossnose, sorry, but from what I've seen of your character form so far, I don't think that you're capable of reaching the minimum requirement, unless you were just being lazy.

jaina: As long as her electric powers aren't as strong as that of the Thunder Court, I'm fine with that. Though if this Shira would also cut off someone's arms and legs if they fell on her, I think it might be a bit dangerous to teach her railgun. ^^

I forgot to mention:

-Demons appear only at night. They keep to the shadows, so you won't see any during the day.

-Considering the fact that their queen is missing, most of the Summer Faeries, if not all, are frantically searching for her, and in their anger, they will be radiating immense heat about them. They usually don't.

-Winter Faeries aren't like Summer Faeries. They lower the temperature around them everywhere they go, not just when they're angry.

Key2Universe just made a Summer Faerie known as the IncendiaPresul.

Key: Sure, if you'd like. ^^ Also, I don't know if you know, but I have a small section about what New York is currently like in the Updates.

Messiah:

"Clay, Greg, we need you at the planning table." Said the man as he walked towards the table.

I just wanted to point this out, so that you don't do it again. That first period, in bold, should be a comma, and "Said" should not be capitalized because that's not the beginning of another sentence yet.

jaina: As long as her electric powers aren't as strong as that of the Thunder Court, I'm fine with that. Though if this Shira would also cut off someone's arms and legs if they fell on her, I think it might be a bit dangerous to teach her railgun. ^^

*shrugs* well it all depends on what position they fell on her in

*shrugs* well it all depends on what position they fell on her in

.... read that, but in a perverted manner.

Hehe.

Anyways, made a second post. Yeah.

.... read that, but in a perverted manner.

Hehe.

Anyways, made a second post.  Yeah.

that's about what I mean if they landed on her, where did said person's hands end up?

as a some character once said, "Danger! Danger!"

edit, I realized I've been forgetting to type my IC posts in color, I'll go fix that know

Edited by jaina

Just got up my second post as well.

Are we all making a thing about the crows? I could include them too, considering Sadie's walking around outside right now.

I just thought they were being used as an ominous omen. Since they are associated with the Dark Court.

Oh, and please remind me that we have to color our text 'cause I'll keep forgetting about it. XD

Brannachvar (bran-nock-veer): Faeries of the Dark Court, the Brannachvar are often known as the “Raven People.” They possess the ability to shape-shift into ravens and to speak the bird language. Even in their normal form, they retain their raven wings and their talons, though these are hidden underneath their glamour. Like the Bahrgeist, the Brannachvar are also seen as creatures of misfortune, and the sight of one inspired terrible fear in the hearts of medieval folk.

Mangaholic's char is a descendant of a Bran. Hence, ravens. It does not apply to all of Dark court.

I checked.

I think ravens are considered as bad omens, even today. Since they're birds, I guess that they could be spies sent to watch over everything in New York.

Kira, I think it would be easier to read if you put a space between each paragraph. That way, it isn't clumped together.

Edited by Mangaholic

no worries though manga, shira's relatively to take a punishment as far as removing arms and legs unless someone truly earned it, and they would have had to really do something to earn their limbs being shot off by railgun.

question, if we made a faerie that we control, a specific one, would it be possible for them to be related to our character?

Okay, but granted my intro was very big. I was bound to have made a simple mistake

Edited by SandMessiah

jaina: If they were in the same Court, then yes, but let's not think too far into that right now, when we've barely got this RP moving.

And you should be capitalizing the first letter of the dialogue, too, like here:

"hello mom, I'm home!"

Messiah: I know your intro post was long; that's why I didn't point out any typos/spelling errors, though I don't think you had any. I chose to point out a grammar mistake that I noticed you repeating throughout both of your posts. I thought it better if I told you now, instead of having you make that simple mistake over and over. So sorry if I seemed a bit demanding. I'm not going to point out any spelling mistakes or the like unless I notice that the mistkae is constantly being made.

fixed, but yea I was just sort of thinking of a way to teach Shira to use electricity better

Yeah, it's going to be a bit dangerous while all of the characters are trying to learn how to use their powers. xd.png

But anyways, I don't mind the slight changes in appearance, but just make sure no one goes overboard, since I'm planning to have most everything happen the following day. I'll give the details when bg and botitas have finished their forms...

8 girls and 4 guys, including brokenglass's and the unaccepted.

Yeah that's why I think making like a storm court faerie that is related to my character would be the easiest way to ensure she gets trained. I think relying on a blood relationship to ensure training might be less likely to fall apart then training done by a faerie who has no real interest or relation to the person