Dragon Song

On These Wings: The Remake

Ayden kept the poor horse he was riding galloping for as long as possible. He didn't dare look back as he thought only of what was ahead. He was free! It felt nice, yes, but the cost to the prison, the fortress, the people, well, that wouldn't look good for the NDK at the very least. A lot of work was ahead of him, for everyone, to rebuild the NDk image.

Oh, stop thinking like that. You're beginning to sound like me! Ayden looked up to see Ophelia soaring the skies above him. He could feel his horse getting tired beneath him, but they were already so close to the new base that he decided not to dismount. The Ochredrake swooped near enough to him to quickly examine him with her sight. I see you're not too badly injured. Have fun with that gash in your arm. I'm not fixing that tunic of yours either. You'll have to find a new one or fix it yourself. Ayden almost laughed at his dragon. Her fixing clothes? He had never thought of the idea himself, but just imagining it was rather humorous.

"Is that the welcome back I get? I thought you would be much more excited to see me!" Ayden shouted up at her. The horse beneath him snorted and slowed to an easy lope. Ayen was about to force the horse back into a gallop but decided against it; the horse deserved a break. He looked back up to see Ophelia flying ahead of him to the base.

Of course I'm glad to see you again.

With that, Ayden couldn't see her anymore as she sped off over the trees. He remained on the horse until he was within a quarter of a mile of the base. The horse was already becoming nervous and jumpy, so Ayden decided to leave the horse and make the rest of the journey himself. He came to the beach to find that Ophelia had been waiting for him. Drac had beaten him to the place, but Ayden wasn't surprised. The man was much smarter than him and probably had found a better way to reach the base. Of course, the scene he walked in on wasn't exactly what he expected.

Bramble was here. What was Bramble doing here? Drac was also standing outside, looking at the large black dragon while leaning on his crossbow. Well, this would be entertaining at the very least. Ayden leaned on Ophelia's foreleg, much to her annoyance.

I'm tired, okay?

And this is the welcome back I get? Fine, but don't make it a habit.

Ayos and Rio stayed focused on Bramble, spells ready to go at a moments notice. They both noticed Drac and Ayden's arrival, they replied in unison to Drac's question.

"No we don't."

"Yes we do."

They went quite as they argued telepathically while trying to keep focus on Bramble. Their faces scrunched as the argument intensified until finally it seemed that Rio had conceded.

"Yes Drac, We do need your help with this one."

She clutched the marbles tightly in her hand. She had wanted to prove that they could handle a dragon on their own but Ayos still held doubts in regards to the extent of their powers. His concern wasn't unfounded considering that he had lost consciousness during their escape from the castle; his concern was solely for Rio's safety.

((Sorry for the shortness Bit of Writers block today shouldn't be around for too long though. I guess I invested too much time in Gelltor xd.png))

No Drac, I was merely shouting your name for the sake of it. I travelled all the way here to yell your name at a random bit of beach and then fly back again. Of course you're needed! he snapped at the boy. His tone he realised was a little harsh, but he felt that he had every right to be harsh. He turned his great head to look at the younger NDK pair threatening his flank and snorted at them in what some may call amusement. I fail to see what you will need help with. I'm certain that the pair of you will manage to overcome me by sheer strength alone and won't need to use those massive intellects of yours. Besides, what good would Drac do you? he asked, aiming his last jibe at the boy stood in front of him.

He settled his large bulk down in the sand. One, it gave the impression of calm and people could see he would take longer for him to attack. Which would mean that if he was lying down he wasn't planning on taking a swipe at any one of them. And two it protected his softer underside from any of them should they decide that they wanted the first strike. He shifted about a little bit until he felt he was comfortable then turned his emerald eyes on Drac's. This wasn't a time for joking. Not really, it was just a cover. He had the leader of the NDK essentially ready to kill him, a magi pair, an ochredrake pair and now a newly arrived pink pair all ready to attack him at a moment's notice, his rider was now on a mission to kill him and he had nowhere left to go. However, it didn't stop him at least trying for a slightly joky appeal first off. Even if only to lessen his own nerves.

Can I stay with the NDK? Pleeease? he asked, putting on his best endearing face and pressing his muzzle close to Drac. When he'd been much smaller it had always worked on Taja. Didn't now. Wouldn't... no couldn't now. He pulled his head back again straight away though. Not only was Drac not that sort of person, he didn't want his nose harmed. Now it was time for the serious stuff. Cutting off any argument of Drac's before he could voice it he began his appeal. Before you go dismissing me straight away, hear me out. I can't go back there Drac. It's not possible for me to do so, so don't go getting worked up about me giving away your position. If I was going to I would've done so already and you'd have Hyro's forces knocking on your door right about now, despite teh fact you don't appear to have one. Nor would I have made myself known to you all. I'm not the total bumbling, if loveable, idiot you all think I am. Besides, there are plenty of reasons I should stay. I can bring many benefits to the NDK. For one thing, all of this lot here are hatchlings are they not? Minimal combat training and few are going to have selected an element to master. Even fewer will know how to. If you want a chance to win this war you need your dragons to be able to fight. I can provide the experience and the training. Secondly, you're going to want information on what's going on yes? I can provide that to a certain extent. Hyro never keeps everyone in the full loop but himself, so I know as much as Taja knew... He had to pause there, and wondered whether or not Drac would pick up on the tense of the word. Also, verrrry few of the forces know what's going on so to some extent I can provide cover in emergency situations. If people see me scouting this area they're going to assume that there's no NDK here. They don't know what's happened. They don't know I'm no longer part of Hyro's forces. If you want to win this war Drac, you're going to need me. He looked around, meeting the eyes of every dragon a rider there. He knew they'd heard his little speech, he'd made sure that they could. But this next bit. This next bit was going to stay between him and Drac.

I can't go back Drac, he said solely to him. He dropped his head so that his eyes were level with Drac's. I can't go back because Taja's trying to kill me. For real. Those scratches down my neck are from Cirrus. They want me dead. I don't know what Hyro did, but I don't think she's coming back. He has her, completely. There was strain in his voice at this point, before he tried to shut out the thoughts. Then he was speaking to everyone again.

If you don't trust me then kill me now. But I will not betray you. This I swear, upon the blood of the Blackthorns that runs in my veins. He knew that no one would know the significance behind that, or even of the Blackthorn Clan, but it made him feel better none the less. Because he knew how significant it was if no one else. That said, he waited for the verdict, his neck arched proudly and throat exposed the Drac. He couldn't do any more now, nor would he. The rest was up to Drac.

Drac nodded and released the magic, making the air glow slightly golden for a minute. "Alright. You've made your case, and I believe you. Now, I'm going back to bed. Your first mission as the NDK's first adult dragon is find out where the hell Night has gotten to. Also, when we get some heavy stuff you're our official packmule, until some of the other dragons mature enough to be able to carry the weight whilst flying. And if anyone wakes me up you are to maul them mercilessly." He responded, making note of the private communication for use tomorrow. He threw his crossbow forwards and finally managed to fall asleep.

Ayos continued to glare at Bramble, he hadn't released his spell yet and it didn't seem like he wanted to, but once Drac had given the ok Rio had put away the little glowing orbs and approached Bramble.

"Welcome to the team I'm Rio, although I am kinda new here myself. Since we got away from you guys Ayos and I have been in hiding."

"Rio! What are you doing!?"

"Drac gave him the go ahead so he is on our side now."

"Just like that you trust this guy!?"

Ayos was no longer holding the spells in his hands. Rio marched over to him and gave him a noogie.

"You know Drac wouldn't be foolish enough to put us in serious danger like that and do nothing, besides Bramble would have attacked right of the bat and the others would have been here just like he said. Now, I want to practice some more on the violin where is it?"

Ayos shied away and spook too softly for Rio to hear. She glared down at the hatchling.

"I didn't hear you."

"I left it at our hide-out."

Rio stood quietly for a second then berated him.

"I thought you said you had it before we started this whole little operation of turning me into some lizard thing and trying to rescue Drac and Matthew."

"I thought I did. I could have sworn I packed them. You know this wouldn't happen if you packed your own stuff."

"You told me to practice the camouflage! Which I might add I am now awesome at!"

She stood straight and seemed to disappear as she changed to match the colors of the scenery.

"I did my part."

Ayos waved this off in an exasperated manner. Rio ended her camouflage and stood with her hands on her hips.

"Alright, alright I get it. I will go and Get the Violins, but you have to help me bring back everything else. Including the new sword which I can clearly see is not on you!"

Rio blanched at the fact that once again she had left the sword behind. She kept her mouth shut though and simply huffed in indignation.

((En'K'Haral has to pretend to be a soldier for the weekend and won't be able to post during saturday and sunday...not that you all haven't noticed that pattern anyways.))

Edited by En'K'Haral

Bramble could at least relax when the air glowed slightly golden. Meant Drac wasn't about to rip him into numerous pieces with magic. And Bramble was fully aware that it would be numerous little pieces, and that it would also cause a lot of mess, because Drac was in some respects like him. Overkill was necessary, and the more mess you could make the better.

Find Night? Why the hell was he meant to be finding Night? Surely Drac should be able to locate him with only a few thoughts. Taja could locate him, much to his great delight. Not. She'd always managed to find him no matter how well he'd hidden. Then again, maybe Drac was just too tired to think.

Packmule. To be expected really, though he could have maybe found a slightly less blunt way of putting it. Items courier. Yeah, that was better. Didn't make him sound like a scruffy, grouchy, bony old beat of burden that probably belong in a slaughter house. Scruffy was the only accurate thing really. He'd be scruffy if he was allowed his own way.

Consider them mauled Drac. Though need you be so lazy? You spent the last 2 weeks looking like a vegetable already, he teased.

The magi pair were approaching him now, well, the rider was. That young magi dragon most distinctly not look happy at his presence. Had he been expecting a welcoming party? No, but it would've been nice when he thought about it. Maybe he could even have nabbed some drink if there's been a welcoming party, with drink at it. That would've been better than good. Awesome really.

Pleasure to meet you Rio. You as well Ayos, though are the glares necessary? You know if the wind changes your face will stay like that. With a shake of his head, Bramble pushed himself back onto his feet. May as well go and find Night hadn't he.

With a quick shake he dislodged the sand from his belly and launched into the air, oblivious to the fact that his wings whipped up columns of sand. Wasn't bothering him now was it? No, so why worry? It didn't take him too long to locate Night, and he was soon spiralling down in a gentle descent, landing on the ground with a gentle impact for once. He turned emerald eyes on the smaller skywing before sitting down and curling his tail round so that it rested on his forepaws. Night? Drac sent me to find you in case you'd not heard. You coming back or not?

~~~~~~

It was pretty weird really, having a dragon that had previously hunted them down now supposedly allied with them. Cassie wasn't too bothered, fully ready to trust him no matter what, but Amora was already complaining about it. As well as still going on about the fact that her mouth felt gritty. Cassie was rather amazed that she'd done as she said and actually eaten the sand. Well, that meant that Drac was quite possibly going to be in for an earful from the pink when he did wake up. She'd just keep out of Amora's way until she'd stopped complaining.

Once Bramble had taken off and glided away, she picked her way across the sand to go and see Ayden and Rio.

"So, what do you guys think about this latest development? I wonder why he's here. He said he wasn't part of Hyro's forces anymore... What do you think happened?"

Coughing from the sudden pillars of sand Rio waved her hands around frantically to clear the air.

"Geez! He could have at least cleared off from the sand first!"

She coughed a couple of times and was just about to regain her composure when Cassie suddenly spoke to her.

"I think it's cool that Bramble came around. Besides, like I said before if Drac trusts him, then so do I."

She whirled around as she spoke and almost slammed her tail into Cassie.

"Oops! I'm sorry, I forget about the tail sometimes. Hey Ayos, if your done glaring can you please change me back before you go?"

Ayos had silently glared at Bramble as he flew away until interrupted by his rider Rio.

"Sorry Rio, I can't until tomorrow. I just cast that spell three days ago, the fact that we were gonna rescue Matthew and Drac today would have been a stretch of my abilities. So no I can not today, but I can tomorrow. Besides, I have to go retrieve the violins right now, so pip pip, cheerio and tah tah for now."

He gave a little wave before he took off himself and flew away, and barely stirred a grain as he did so. Rio huffed and folded her arms before returning her attention to Cassie.

"I'm sorry about him, he is probably just sulky because Drac busted himself out, anyways, about the whole 'Bramble isn't part of Hyro's forces anymore' thing. I think we saw Taja going berserk and attacking him over the city. I can't be sure though, I was pretty far away and this form Ayos made doesn't have super sight. But I am pretty sure he was being attacked by Taja."

Edited by En'K'Haral

((I propose a change of pace. Instead of months of stagnancy followed by about a week of action which has so far resulted in one of the main characters dieing more often than not we should get a steady pace going. Also, invite people. Seriously. We need more people.))

((Wish I could have made a longer post, but my muse is still on vacation.))

+++++++

As Gelltor came upon her, she was almost shocked at the flatness of his voice. Had he been manipulated as well? Was he just a puppet like Taja now? Who was there still to trust? Trust… what a laughable word. Of course there was nobody to trust, there had never been anybody to trust around here. Besides Sleet. Whatever happened to her, Katelyn didn’t want anything happening to him. But as she had seen by Taja, the bond between dragon and rider forced Hyro’s will upon the dragon as well. No matter how far she would send Sleet, he would not be safe from them. Biting back a bitter curse, she almost glared at the man before her.

“What the hell has happened? How has this misfortune been allowed to happen?” She tried to get her bearings back, knowing well that when you showed weakness to a man like Gelltor, he would abuse it until you squirmed at his mercy. “What is the will of Hyro? Do we try to capture them again?”

+++++++

Matthew had been able to make an escape, though Questra wasn’t looking all the best from it. The hit Sleet had given her with his tail had left her more than a bit groggy. At first, it had almost seemed as if he had killed her. Luckily she had only been unconscious and had quickly come to her senses again, but she needed a bit of time to heal from the bruises and shallow wounds. A single rib had been broken as well, but nothing that would impede with her growth. It had also been luck which had found him following a trail and ending up back at the NDK. Had had just been checking upon Questra’s wounds, when Bramble had appeared. One of Hyro’s forces joining them? A trap. A glance around told him many thought the same as him, but Drac seemed to just accept the words of the dragon. Did that mean they had to do so as well? Never. Bramble was one of Hyro, no matter what fairytales he told them.

Gelltor shook his head in response to Katelyn's question.

"I do not think that would be wise right now to go after the NDK. Considering whats going on with Taja and Hyro we should probably just stick to crowd control. You know capturing prisoners shutting up loud mouths killing those who refuse to be captured and so on. That kind of stuff, acting now would probably result in rookie and fatal flaws in whatever plan we come up with. So yeah crowd control now, re-action later. That said Malice is rending unwilling convicts asunder up there, where is Sleet?"

Gelltor had crossed his arms and was now watching the sky. His opinion was clear, he wanted to wait and see.

"Oh and I have my suspicions as to what's up with Taja and Cirrus but not confirmed yet. If it is what I think it is then we better tread carefully since Hyro obviously isn't in the mood for any more censorkip.gif like this."

With that he drew his sword and shield again and began marching out to the city.

"So you coming or what?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ayos returned lugging two violin cases with him. He set the cases on the ground in front of Rio who opened one and began tuning the violin inside.

"Hey Cassie you like music?"

At first sound, Gelltor didn't seem like a Hyro-puppet just yet. Checking up with Sleet, the dragon didn't like how it all was going, but didn't know another way out either. It wasn't as if they could just abandon it all and take the road. Giving a short order to the ice dragon to stay there for the moment and see what he could do, she considered her options. Katelyn figured the best thing to do now was to just do as the man suggested. Het sword still in hand, she lifted it slightly and gave a curt nod.

"Sleet's somewhere between the city and the forest. I send him there to try and cut of the road of the escapees. He's got a couple of prisoners taken care of, but non of the NDK. If you want, I can let him soar the skies over here. Problem is, when he's fired up, it's too easy for him to ignore the difference between prey and innocents. As for us, lead the way, I'll cover your back if you cover mine." It sounded ridiculous to her own ears, covering a man like him. But it seemed like the wisest option at this moment. In a panicked crowd like what would be going on in the city, it was easy for someone to get killed by a stray arrow or sword, whether it be intentionally or on purpose. And with what was going on between Taja and Hyro, Katelyn didn't think she's want to face all that more or less on her own. So no matter if she liked or disliked Gelltor, it was in her own interest to see him alive.

Gelltor couldn't help but laugh at Katelyn's suggestion.

"Of course I'm gonna watch your back, what kinda partner do you think I am?"

"Besides its in my best interest that you are alive."

"Your projecting your thoughts to me again Gelltor."

Gelltor sighed audibly before stepping out onto the streets.

"Oh, and what you have Sleet doing now is fine. I don't think we need anything more in the skies then what we already have with that Dracolich and all."

Gerlltor had said the word dracolich with a great deal of disdain, it had been reflexive and he realized at the moment that he had temporarily lost composure.

"Oh hey, I got that guy by the way, and it looks like things are finally settling down. I think all the NDK escaped though I don't see any of them. I say we may be done in a couple of hours."

"Looks like we won't have much to do after all Katelyn. Just some quick mop up."

((En'K'Haral motions for a two hour timeskip to complete the job of sorting out the masses happy.gif))

Edited by En'K'Haral

At the mentioning of him being her partner in this thing, Katelyn felt herself suppress a shiver. The man was merciless and cruel, not exactly the kind of person she liked being around. But in the current circumstances, it seemed like the best she could hope for. It was just a matter of keeping her eyes open. He would watch her back. The chance that he would stick a knife in it while watching was too big to get comfortable. So while keeping an eye out for stray knives, arrows or swords from the escapees, she'd have to keep one eye on him as well.

During the whole crowd control time, she kept a close link with Sleet, who on his turn had already eliminated a couple of those who had tried to flee to the forest. The whole time, they kept a running commentary. Some times he would ask her what to do with someone, kill or capture and at other moments they were discussing their options. Sleet was for the practical way out, running. But Katelyn knew it would be to no avail as they would be captured too soon and there was no way she was going to submit to becoming a puppet.

As everything seemed to be more or less under control and Sleet had nothing to do but watch the clouds, she ordered him to come back. Wiping her sword clean at the dirt and then a rag, she looked around herself. What a mess. A knot started to form in her stomach. During the past few hours, life had been easy. Track, protect, kill, capture, defend, fight. But now everything was over, she feared what would come next. Would Hyro play out his anger on them? Despite the fact she was sweating heavily in the thick animal furs she was clothed in, her sweat turned cold as ice thinking about what could happen next. Not knowing made her anxious and irritated. As Sleet flew over the city and descended lightly besides her, she grabbed a clean cloth out of one of the pockets on the saddle and started cleaning her sword more thoroughly.

Your anxiousness is making me itch.

If an annoying itch is all we get out of this all, I'll be happy.

What do you want to do? Stay here or flee?

We can't flee, Sleet. You know that as well as I do.

You may not have any bonds, but it's my family Hyro threatens.

I won't let them be killed because of us.

Why do you think Hyro did that to Taja?

No idea. First she seemed to be in his favor for capturing Drac.

And then suddenly he punishes her by turning into a puppet.

Taja never seemed like a weakling though.

No. She was second in command even.

Here comes your 'partner' again.

Narrowing her eyes for a moment, she regarded the man. She knew from both first hand experience as well as stories told that Gelltor was cunning and devious and wouldn't stop for anything to reach his goal. Cruelty was whispered through the corridors as well and when watching him fight, she assumed he wasn't scared of a bit of rough force either. He seemed to be almost the complete opposite of herself. Katelyn was strong and could fight with a steady hand. But she never turned to cruelty or tricks of the mind.

Whatever you need to do to keep us both alive and in our own minds, do it.

I'm behind you.

Thanks, Sleet.

Despite she had not been talking to him, they were bonded so tightly he could almost read her like a book. If he read books that was. A vague idea had formed in her mind. Gelltor was her complete opposite. Maybe it was an idea to befriend him, get close to him and learn a bit of his ways. She didn't have to become cruel or devious, just learn it so she could use it when needed. If she could then also learn to read Hyro's moods, she could try to play out whatever act necessary to stay on his good side. If it wasn't too late of course. As Gelltor came closer, she cast a quick glance to Sleet, who slowly lowered his muzzle to agree. Looking back at the man, she slid her sword back in it's scabbard at her hip and gave him a curt acknowledging nod.

"I think most prisoners have either been caught or killed. Of the NDK not a single trace. It's almost as if this was planned. With all those prisoners running wild, I couldn't take the time to try and track any of the NDK and I'm afraid that tracking now is useless. Too many scents and traces overlap one another."

Gelltor approached Katelyn and returned her nod with one of his own. He got straight to business.

"If this was planned, then the mastermind is an idiot, this is a total mess I doubt Hyro will be happy about this. Nothing we could do though, if that moron Taja had simply kept to her duties instead of fighting Hyro as Malice informs me she did this whole thing could have been quelled a lot quicker. Don't get me wrong, I don't really like her one way or the other but I can't deny she has leadership ability now we are under Hyro's direct command. What that means is there is now absolutely no room for error. Screw up and die."

Gelltor was clearly in a sour mood about the whole thing. He had taken a slight leg wound during the fight and patched it up. His sword had already been cleaned and sheathed and his shield was back on his back. Malice arrived shortly after Gelltor and landed beside the man.

"I think it wise to report to Hyro the status of the situation."

Gelltor nodded his agreement and mounted Malice, he turned his attention to Katelyn.

"So Katelyn, will you be joining me this time?"

Edited by En'K'Haral

"Shallow wound like that can infect easily. If you want, I've got a good salve for wounds like that. Got it from a local healer in the city after I came to her with a wound too much from practising. But you are right, we best report immediately to Hyro. Best to walk on eggs for the time being. If we're still alive and in our own mind afterwards, I can still look at it if you want."

She decided to pretend not to notice his slight about joing him this time. If she was to try and befriend him, or something alike, there was no point in arguing. Agily jumping on the saddle of Sleet, she quickly sat down and bound the straps. Giving a nod at Gelltor, she gave Sleet the order to ascend. Turning slightly from Malice, the ice dragon took a couple of short bounds and moved his wings as fast as he could. Turning in the air, Sleet hovered in place, waiting for Malice to lead the way.

Gelltor was surprised at the offer to help. He climbed onto Malice and with a single mighty heave Malice had launched himself into the air.

"Malice, take us to Hyro. We need to make our less then satisfactory report."

Malice silently cursed at the instruction, he didn't want to go anywhere near that dracolich.

"Come on Sleet follow me."

Malice led Sleet and Katelyn to Hyro and Gelltor spoke.

"Your majesty, we report successfully quelling the riot. Unfortunately during the chaos the NDK have escaped. I request your leave to search for them I also request Katelyn's aid in this, her abilities will prove to be useful."

He had deliberately left out this intention to Katelyn.

Going anywhere near that non-dragon was the least favorite thing Sleet wanted to do. Through their mental link, Katelyn could feel his fear for the 'thing' growing the closer they got. Katelyn herself wasn't all too happy either, especially for the combination of coming near Hyro and the dracolich. One of them was bad enough, a combination of the two... She felt actually relieved Gelltor took the forehand in reporting to their Lord. As he mentioned his intentions, her eyes widened slightly, but she quickly recomposed her features.

If you're a puppet, would you still have your abilities?

Don't know.

I hope not, that way Hyro has no option but to keep you - and me - in our sane minds.

Let's keep our fingers crossed.

If so, you're one in debt with your new pal.

Keep silent, we have to pay attention here.

I'll be silent. I'l be silent the moment we are way out of reach of that... thing.

((Just as a warning, my computer has imploded. The excuse I've concocted involves an inter-dimensional Chuck Norris, because my computer was apparently designed to be invincible.))

((O_O Whoa...that was unfortunate. You have my sympathies, my friend went through a similar issue with his laptop. Apparently the chuck norris class keyboard was destroyed by cold coffee.))

((Ahh the all-mighty computers. How far they can fall... Hope you'll get it or a new one working soon. I often think I could live without computers, until of course I don't have one nearby and actually need it... The curse of the modern ages wink.gif ))

I would love to join in ! This is my first time playing an RPG and I'm looking forward to it !

Username: Lanny

Side: Hyro

Name: Lyoni

Race: Elf (Is that possible?)

Appearance: Long robe that covers up everything. Enormous hat and scarf that conceal facial features. Long boots, pupil-less eyes and long brown hair.

Personality: She is the sort of person to go with the winners. She is very distant, and dislikes any living creature except dragons and cats. She dislikes voilence, and relies on her hiding skills to avoid battles. Her stealth is horrible, but her strenght is above average for an elf. Her thinking is lightening fast but goes strange ways, often resulting in off topic remarks or mumbles. To attack she uses her nails, which are longer than usual and contain toxic. She carries antidote, and so does her dragon.

Other: She only hears that what piques her interest. Anything else is filtered out and rendered boring or irrelevant. Her dragon Zindor is the most important thing to her.

Dragon’s name: Zindor

Dragon’s age: Adult

Dragon’s gender: Male

Dragon’s race (DC Only please): Bright-breated Wyvern

Appearance: Like all Bright-breasted Wyvern males, but with a large scar over the right eye. He is not blind in that eye.

Personality: Very quiet, keeps on the background and never makes noises except towards Lyoni. Is very stealthy and dislikes voilence. He loves half-raw meat with specific herbs, which he only accepts from Lyoni. He keeps small things like smokebombs and goldpieces in his mouth or stomach for times of need.

Other: He wraps Lyoni up in his wings before going to sleep, protecting her with his wings, legs, head and "arms". He had been abandoned three times before Lyoni had adopted him.

((My brother's coming home this weekend to fix it, until then I've gotta share the family computer downstairs that takes 4.26 billion years to load anything.))

((Also, Lanny, how does one store something in one's stomach without it going through the normal digestive process, or even just getting corroded by the stomach acids?))

Edited by Kjakings

((It sounds like your character is better suited for the NDK Lanny))

Drac awoke an indeterminate amount of time later and called the NDK together, with Night landing on his shoulder and coiling his tail about Drac’s arm. The number of NDK had grown again, but some people were missing and Drac knew that far too many people had died in the flames in Rythos.

“Stop your squabbling children and pay attention to me.” Drac commanded and climbed up onto a small rise, although in review several of these ‘children’ were probably older than Drac himself. “For too long we’ve been acting as individual units doing whatever the hell we want. That needs to change. We’ve got to begin acting as a cohesive unit, always in contact and doing things to further the goals of the movement and not selfish vendettas against Hyro or his trained dogs.” Drac jumped down from the rise and began striding back and forth in front of the first row of NDK.

“We need allies and the good will of the common people, which is going to be even harder to gain now. We need to be doing good for them, not good for us. The New DragonKnights were created to destroy the tyrannical dictator of Chicias, no matter the cost. We will stand in the River Plaza or die trying. Freedom or death, we will be released one way or the other.” He jumped back up on the rise and stared down at the amassed NDK, daring any one of them to disagree.

“We need allies who agree with this, and so I’ve arranged a meeting with the elven flotill- Taja’s last name is Thorn.” Drac swivelled around and leapt off the rise, striding accusingly at Bramble. He looked out over the remaining NDK who were still milling about in confusion, and called “class dismissed” at them.

Hyro had to stop himself from growling at the incompetent healer. He had to try harder to stop himself from simply running the irritating man through with his blade.

“It’s a very simple principal, in fact; it’s the one your entire magic is based around. Heal her body. I will deal with putting a soul and a mind into it.” He almost snarled at the man, gesturing at Kiara’s bent and broken body lying in the healing bed.

“You can’t heal a dead body. It’s just not possible.” The man insisted, making Hyro wonder how far he would get if Hyro made a sudden lunge for one of the sharp pointy surgical instruments.

“It is possible. I’ve seen it done. You fix what’s wrong with the body. The state of the mind has nothing to do with it.” This was greeted with further denials and Hyro let out a growl. He reached over and grabbed the man’s forehead, his fingers splaying out. Hyro reached inside the man ripped out his consciousness, simply letting it go and dissipate into the air. The healer’s body began dissolving into black flakes at Hyro’s feet and he strode through it, turning it into dust that filled the air.

The master healer was called and managed to figure out that Hyro was not in a mood to be trifled with, and did as he was asked. Hyro then set his hands on Kiara and quested outwards into the spirit world to look for her consciousness. It was a difficult task with dozens of long-time residents of the spirit realm sensing the link to the empty body and trying to force their way in, forcing Hyro to fend them off whilst simultaneously looking for Kiara.

He eventually found her and dragged her kicking and screaming into her body, slamming her into it with enough force to stun her for a few moments whilst Hyro evicted any tag-alongs and forced close the entryway into the spirit world. When he left she had drawn her knees up to her chest and was slowly rocking backwards and forwards whilst breathing deeply, not noticing or caring about the black dust that was the remains of the former healer.

Gelltor decided to wait silently for Hyro to notice that they had just made their report. This would probably require him to repeat it but he didn't mind so long as Hyro was not ticked when the report was made a second time. So he just waited for Hyro to notice him and Katelyn.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rio had listened to Drac and was a bit miffed that he seemed to think they were just children. He wasn't much older himself so she thought it to be arrogance.

"Children? Acting on our own? He's one to talk. I haven't seen the guy work as a team with anyone yet so what makes him so different? Geez."

Ayos simply looked at Rio as she returned to tuning her violin. The look saying that she wasn't exactly in a position to argue, Rio pretended to ignore that look. Once she was satisfied she decided to start playing, at first the sounds were without pattern but soon began to take a life of their own and created a song, random as it was.