Dragon Song

On These Wings: The Remake

Hearing the news about the saddle, Katelyn cursed quite inovatively, making sure Sleet would hear it by mind as well. The Ice dragon remained quiet, but a strong feeling of regret and shame came from him. Needing to hit something, Katelyn just struck the wodden door as hard as she could, needing to ventilate her anger. A few splinters entered the skin of her knuckles and the skin was scraped, but she hardly seemed to notice.

"That saddle cost me almost a half year's pay, special insulation between the layers of leather, special stitching to keep strong despite the freezing cold of his hide. He knew how important the saddle was, he should not have allowed Malice to do so!" Her anger still wasn't vented and she started pacing. As Taja more or less dismissed her, Katelyn almost ran down to the courtyard, where she found Sleet looking annoyed and guilty. The saddle, or what was left of it, was laying besides him and it stung her to see it destroyed. Sleet's nostrils flared and he looked pointedly at her abrazed knuckles. Glaring from them to him, she almost hissed.

"What? Wanted me to hit you instead of a door?" The dragon cringed and let out a soft whimper. A shiver ran through Katelyn and she took a few deep breaths. Looking around, she tried to assess the situation. True, she could ride Bramble. But there would be a fight and most probably a fast one at that. In such a case, she wanted to be seated on none other than Sleet. Letting out a snarl of frustration, she grabbed the saddle and dragged it to the stables. There was nothing to save the saddle, but she needed something to be able and ride her own dragon. The fighting techniques and connection between her and Sleet was something she could not possibly have with any other dragon and the upcoming fight was too important. Seven minutes after, she emerged again, holding something in her arms, a bow and quiver on her back and the scabbard of a long sword on her hip. Seeing Taja stand besides Cirrus, she inclined her head slightly, the frustration still visible on her face.

"My apologies, Taja. But I believe our mission is too important not to have Sleet and my strength combined. Were this not the mission it is, I'd be honoured to use Bramble as my ride. But as it is, I believe it is best for Sleet and me to be together." Sending a sharp thought to the Ice dragon, she commanded him to stand up and still. Unfolding the thing in her arms, it was the inner insulation of her old saddle with a few makeshift straps attached to it. She bound it around him and some additional straps around his body to keep the saddle in place. It was far from sturdy and they would not be able to do their most acrobatic tricks with it, but it would allow Katelyn to sit on Sleet without freezeburning her ass off. Placing one foot on his leg, she leaped up on the makeshift saddle and wrinkled her nose.

You better fly careful and make sure I don't fall off. This thing won't hold me if you act funny.

I'll do, Katelyn. And I'm sorry..

Katelyn didn't reply and looked back at Taja for confirmation to take off. She knew Sleet felt bad about what had happened and it wasn't fully his fault. A new saddle would be a big cut out of her savings again, leaving her probably nothing, and it would take weeks before it would be made. But she was most annoyed about the fact it kept her from fighting along with Sleet as they always did, what they had been training for so often. Not having the saddle she trusted and which allowed her to connect physically with her dragon was a handicap for her, one which bothered her a lot and it almost felt as if the link between her and Sleet would be fuzzed. She could only hope the makeshift thing would hold on long enough not to let her fall to her death or give problems with the upcoming mission.

Katelyn was late, but she could excuse that. Saddle's were a rather important part of dragon riding. At least, when you were going on a rebel hunt they were. She could sympathise with the problems the other woman was facing and was most distinctly glad that Bramble could have nearly anything flung on his back and still fight. Cirrus was a touch more picky in that it had to be fitted correctly as well as the other things had to meet her requirements: Not too heavy, gave her freedom to move, simple with only the essential straps. Oh, and the leather had to be padded and continuously soft. Demanding was one way to describe Cirrus but at least she wasn't as difficult to get a saddle for as Sleet. And Taja didn't mind making sure her dragons were happy. Good saddles could save lives.

"I'd not be honoured," she snorted back as she fastened up the safety straps on Cirrus' saddle. Then double checked them. Cirrus had a habit of turning on her tail without warning her rider first and whilst Taja had gotten used to it by now, there were times she'd nearly come off because she'd not been prepared. Bramble glared over at her as he stretched his wings out in preparation for take off. A flick of green flames emerged from his nostrils as he snorted in readiness, nearly singeing Cirrus' tail. The skywing snapped her head round and snarled at him, her tail lashing out to clip him on the side of his cheek. He tried to mask his amusement with a poor impression of an apologetic face. That's enough you two Taja told them, not in the mood for the pair to start arguing when this was so crucial. She raised her arm in the signal to take of and Cirrus sprang upwards, rapidly gaining height before slowing to a hover while she waited for the other two to catch up.

Cirrus... tell Katelyn that a new saddle's part of the deal too.

Sleet, Taja says that a new saddle's part of the deal as well. Now, lead on. Bramble, you're following behind. Try not to be an idiot? I'd rather you did't repeat last time. she added privately to the black.

That was not my fault okay! I've explained to you numerous times what happened! Besides-

Shut. Up. Taja cut off the indignant reply with an irritated growl.

((If you want to make and NDK character BlackScorpion you're more than welcome to. We only have 3 played at the moment. Of course there are NPCs... however! xd.png))

One of the mages on the consoles suddenly stood up, knocking over his chair and accidentally smacking the heads of the two to his sides, drawing glares from them.

“Sir, the Drake I was monitoring has just suddenly had its signal cut: I think it was shot down by something. But just before I thought I saw something on the console , some kind of makeshift forest structures. They could just be an elfin camp, but I thin-” The mage suppressed a girly squeal as Hyro whirled around from his conversation with Gelltor and approached the mage, rage sparking in his eyes.

“Tell me where!” Hyro roared, this time making the mage actually squeal and begin to stutter.

“I-it w-was-” Hyro sighed, and grabbed the mage by the sides of his head and closing his eyes, drawing in a breath.

“This is going too slowly. Relax, your thoughts are chaotic. I will impose order. My mind to your mind, my thoughts to your thoughts, give me the information I need.” The console mage visibly relaxed, even to the point where he didn’t breathe, and then dropped unconscious to the floor.

“Take him to the infirmary and ask for Nicodemus. He will know what to do. Everyone give me some space and DO NOT TOUCH ME.” Hyro growled and everyone in the room nodded, two acolytes picking up the unconscious mage and carrying him out of the room.

Hyro closed his eyes, forcibly blocked his sinuses and silenced the world around him. He deprived himself of all sensory input and then forcibly ejected his spirit into the netherworld. It was risky magic, but desperate times called for desperate measures. People were beginning to question his authority, and he could not have that with Chicias as fragile as it still was.

In the netherworld information flooded his living spirit, the ghosts of those past trying to catch a ride on his back to the world of the living. Hyro ignored them, as he had trained himself to do, and shrugged off those who attached themselves to him.

All magic came through this part of the netherworld, the part Hyro was accessing. Of all the necromancers who ‘regularly’ visited the plane, nobody was really sure why. Some thought that all magic came from a separate section of the unearthly plane; Hyro didn’t particularly care. He just needed this information, and would not risk accessing the world without some inkling as to where to look. The deadliest, and most remembered, necromancers of all time had accessed the netherworld for every obstacle and stayed too long, and were overtaken by spirits.

“I have them.” He growled, coming back to his body and being assaulted by sensory input. Hyro coughed up a small amount of blood and lost his equilibrium momentarily, but had regained his balance and was standing tall.

“Recall everyone and prepare the Nightmare Legion for a hard ride. Actually, nevermind, I’ll do it myself.” Hyro yelled to the slightly confused staff milling about the room. Hyro accessed the minds of all of his DragonRiders and the Nightmare Legion, implanting the information of the new mission and the co-ordinates straight into their minds.

The Nightmare Legion were a brand of Cavalry on a special kind of horse Hyro had purchased from one of his associates in the orient, although the things were barely Equine. They had some long elaborate name in the native language of the man that Hyro could never remember, so he just called them Oncoming Death. The things were six-legged and semi-intelligent, and absolutely barbaric. They were damned near impossible to train, but they were intelligent enough that Hyro could explain to them what to do and then enforce it with enough pain on disobedience that they would actually do it.

The Nightmare Legion were his elite Cavalry unit: Hyro wouldn’t rely completely on draconic armies like the DragonKnights had done, arrogant fools. Realising he had said nothing for quite a few minutes and the staff in the War Room were becoming concerned, Hyro flashed them a toothy smile which un-nerved them even more and calmly strolled out of the room, heading to his Research and Development facilities.

“Make your way to their camp site on your own. They know we’re coming so attack as soon as possible. I will join you shortly. Kill the spy but pay his family.” Hyro telepathically contacted his little minions.

Publicly, Hyro had no dragon: Menesith had been killed by that damned Quickblade split. Of course, being a necromancer, Hyro knew death was not the end. There were rumours of such creatures in ancient history, but nobody had successfully broken one. Hyro absently noted one of his aides run up to him in a hurry.

“Sir, the creature is not ready yet. The last time he was released from his bonds he turned six good wizards into monstrosities. We had to purge the chamber with flame and start from scratch.” The small, rat-like man stated, and Hyro laughed.

“He will listen to me.” He stated, making the small aide look torn.

“But how do you-” The irritating man continued, making Hyro suppress a growl.

“Because he will.” Hyro interrupted, pushing into the room to be greeted with a roar and the sound of straining mental.

Hyro stank of the netherworld, confusing the creature and making it howl. Hyro stepped forward and the thing greeted him with a blast of magic, which Hyro easily deflected. After accessing the realm of the dead, logic suggested Hyro rest.

Hyro had never been particularly fond of logic.

“Submit.” Hyro growled, grabbing the creature’s life-force in his hands and squeezing, gently. It kept resisting, and Hyro squeezed harder, making it howl again.

“Submit!” He yelled, nearly crushing what remained of the creature’s soul. Eventually it submitted, and Hyro vaulted aboard it, opening up the roof and creating magical reins to control it and launching out of the roof. There was a reason his R&D sector was at the top of his tower.

As Hyro soared above the city on his new creation, it kept constant control to stop the thing from diving and ‘sampling’ the life below. If Chicias, and the rest of the world, had any reason to fear him, it would be this: Hyro Stormwind, conqueror of the greatest military force in the world, was the first man to bring a Dracolich to heel.

Drac swore as he saw a small orange shape flitting above the trees: it was a Drake, one of his father’s scouts. Drac drew out his crossbow, loading one of his scale-breaching bolts and shot the thing through the head.

“Okay people change of plans. Hyro’s found us and his flying monkeys will be along shortly. Everyone pack up your censorkip.gif and ride! I’ll be shooting down more of his scouts if they come.” Drac drew his sword and thumbed one of the gems in the hilt and a small orb of purple energy – his father seemed to like purple – flew out into the air and expanded into a translucent purple Drac.

“My belongings are marked with a magical marker, pack them into similarly marked bags and then onto my horse. When this is finished recall yourself into the gem. Do you understand?” The ghost-Drac nodded and started off as Drac climbed one of the trees and loaded his crossbow with a box of rapid-fire bolts.

Taja stumbled slightly as the information flooded her mind, and again as the top of the tower opened and Hyro flew out riding the Dracolich. Cirrus stared up too, open mouthed.

”Damned crazy censorkip.gif***.” The dragon muttered as the Dracolich flew overhead and released a huge plume of black flame from absolutely nowhere: considering the thing was practically entirely skeleton.

“Come Cirrus, we’ve got to go.” Taja said, mounting up. The skywing said nothing, but Taja got a surprisingly eloquent response from Bramble.

“Yes, let us go and destroy the last hope for freedom in Chicias, and the rest of the world. You know once he has this country under his thumb Taja, Hyro won’t be satisfied: he’ll go for the Blackthorn. And then it will be too late to resist.” The black took off without another word, leaving Taja and Cirrus standing there looking after him.

“Taja, I’m scared.” Cirrus said, and Taja nodded.

Eventually they recovered and took off, heading for the camp. They saw other dragons off in the distance occasionally, heading in the same direction they were. They also occasionally passed several slower species of dragon with riders, all converging on the camp.

Eventually the Drakes stopped coming, and Drac saw several darker shapes off in the distance. He dropped down from the tree, rolling to absorb some of the impact, just as the servant-Drac ran back and collapsed into the power gem of the sword.

“They’re here. Everybody get the hell out of here! I’ll be right behind you. You know where to go.” Drac yelled, putting Night in his special pouch on Stealth’s saddle. Drac was just about to get on and ride off when Taja and Cirrus landed, Taja getting off and preparing some kind of magic in her hands. Drac looked between Taja and the fleeing New DragonKnights, and magically sealed Night’s pouch, slapping Stealth who took off sprinting, knowing to follow the other horses.

Drac drew his blade and thumbed another one of the gems, forcing it to glow gold. Taja released the magic, but two quick swipes of Drac’s blade deflected both telekinetic spheres.

Damn that sword! Drac’s father knew how to give birthday presents. Taja never really knew what powers those damned gems had, and there were quite a few of them. This was one Drac had obviously never divulged. It was probably a last resort thing considering he had never used it before.

“Follow the others! I’ve got the boy!” Taja called telepathically to the other DragonRiders who were just arriving.

Taja drew her sword and creating a transparent shield in the small space of air between her armour and her skin.

This was going to be a though one.

Drac charged up a bolt of lightning and fired it at Taja. She drew up a shield in the air just in front of her, but Drac knew she was going to do that. The bolt was more noise than power, and the sonic force of the bolt crashing against the shield threw Taja back and the noise left her ears ringing.

Rushing in behind the attack, Drac swung in with his sword two handed, nearly catching Taja in the kneecap but she managed to bring up a shield just in time.

Using her telekinetic powers Taja lifted Drac off of his feet and forced him into a tree, leaving a Drac-shaped imprint in it. Drac managed to get up quickly however and rushed in, twirling his sword for momentum and jumping in the air whilst spinning to give it extra force. Taja couldn’t block in time and it pierced the shield Taja had over her skin, impacting her shoulder.

Drac pulled the blade back out, severing Taja’s shoulder muscles. Taja hissed in pain and used a small amount of healing magic to patch up the shoulder until she could get to a proper healer. She picked up several rocks and broken branches from the area and formed two rock golems with attached swords who started to attack Drac.

Drac re-summoned the energy ghost who immediately began attacking the golems while Drac had to parry and stab at his kneecap, blocking badly and jarring his arm, making it numb for a few seconds.

More damned powers from that sword! Taja had no idea whether or not the thing drained Drac’s personal magical energy, but the golems were seriously draining Taja. If they didn’t get in at least one good hit Taja would be done for. Suddenly one of them moulded their sword into a hammer, slammed it into the ghost-Drac’s stomach and then stepped through, hitting Drac in the spine.

The boy went down and Taja released the golems, the material they were made of flying up into the air and swirling around. That was not good. Taja’s telekinetic powers got wilder the more distressed she got, and the pain from her shoulder was definitely distressing.

She stepped toward Drac, coming within two feet of him when he suddenly flew up and slammed the butt of his sword into her face, breaking one of her cheekbones and making her fly backwards. The trees around the clearing suddenly splintered and the shards flew into the air, some trees even being ripped up whole, swirling around the two fighting combatants.

“You censorkip.gif***!” She yelled, picking Drac up and hurling him into a boulder embedded into the ground with such force that it shattered and Drac was thrown through it, into the debris field. Drac managed to stand up, dozens of cuts all over his body. Drac got bowled over by a tree but managed to stand up again and fired off a single Firebolt which impacted Taja’s chest and threw her backwards.

Suddenly everything in the clearing went still, as if time had been slowed to the point of almost stopping: Taja had lost complete control of her powers now. Drac was picked up and thrust forward, right in front of Taja.

Drac felt something in his head, all around him. Something was happening to his mind, Taja was doing something she should not be doing.

“Taja, why?” Drac asked, not really sure what he was asking about: the pressure on his brain was making all of his thoughts fuzzy and unfocused.

“Because you betrayed me.” She responded, and Drac thought she was looking him in the eye even though his vision had now gone the way of much of his higher brain function.

“Only because you betrayed everyone else.” Taja clenched with her powers, and they both collapsed to the floor unconscious as all of the debris caught in the air exploded in all directions.

Hyro and Menesith landed in the clearing where Drac had been captured, some idiot had strung him up in a number of green magical ropes from the trees, even though he was so unconscious Hyro wasn’t sure he was still alive, and Hyro daren’t revive him like that again: he doubted somebody’s mind could survive 4 involuntary trips to and from the netherworld back into their body.

“Milord,” Somebody behind him said, and Hyro instantly knew who the particular idiot was, “I found the boy and Taja fighting, she had sent on the others after the other NDK and he had bested her, I then incapacitated him and imprisoned him in the magical ropes.” Kiara said, and Hyro ignored her, looking around to find Taja and finding her lying on the floor in a heap, blood pouring from multiple wounds.

“You have healing training, why didn’t you assist her? We’ll be lucky if she doesn’t die from blood loss. That shoulder is almost beyond repair.” Hyro assessed, moving up to Drac and absorbing the magical energy around him.

“The girl failed and Drac could awake at any moment and break free of my bonds, I need all of my magical energy.” Kiara responded, forcing Hyro to growl.

“You mistake me for a fool, Kiara. The girl succeeded, and if you had any sort of sense in your idiotic head that mesmerizes so many young idiots you would know that she damned near killed him in the process. The two of you had a history together, you should know that it would take little else to bring the boy down.”

“B-but milord…” Kiara flustered, and Hyro whirled around on her, drawing his blade.

“I tire of your games, girl. If you wish to play, you play by my rules. And my rules aren’t fair. In penance, you will wait on Taja hand and foot until she is fully recovered. When you are given orders by a superior, you WILL follow them. Do you understand me?” He roared, and Kiara nodded.

“SHUT UP!” He roared to Cirrus, Ebony, Oak and Bramble who were trying to stop each other from getting to Kiara and Taja. They immediately fell silent, with Ebony and Cirrus dropping to the floor to receive their riders and fly off to the city.

Hyro mounted back up onto Menesith and flew after the fleeing NDK and the rest of his airforce. He hadn’t heard from them yet, but he had Drac so today was a victory no matter what.

((Didn't quite make 3k, but I one-upped DS' word count so it's alright.))

((Also, Cirrus is saying that she's scared that Bramble managed to spew out a more elegant thought than 'mmm, chicken.'))

Edited by Kjakings

My character sheet for an NDK-character, hope it's good enough smile.gif

Username: BlackScorpion

Side: NDK

Name: Matthew Greenfield

Race: Human

Appearance: Matthew is 6 feet tall and muscled but lean thanks to his former work at his parent’s farm. He has dark brown hair which is usually kept cropped short and has hazel brown eyes, his skin was slightly tanned due to the field work in his past. Most often he can be seen dressed in all brown clothes, ranging from sturdy brown leather boots to brown pants, shirt and cloak. Around his hip is a scabbard with a short sword in it.

Personality: Matthew is a 17 year old teenager with common roots. His parents were farmers and he was to be one too, until found by Hyro. Whether or not his parents are still alive is a mystery to him and Hyro had often threatened to kill them if he was feeling rebellious. Having been forced to bond with a dragon, he had first struggled against it, but Questra soon grew on him, soothing him mind and becoming a friend. Matthew is in general kind and helpful, but has a strong physique and is not afraid to fight, thanks to the heavy work on the farm. He can fight with a short sword as well as heavy sticks.

Dragon’s name: Questra

Dragon’s age: Hatchling with wings

Dragon’s gender: Female

Dragon’s race: Horse dragon

Appearance: Questra is a hatchling horse dragon, but won’t take all too long anymore before she will grow into an adult. Her wings are already strong and can keep her of the ground for longer and longer amounts of time. Before she will be able to carry Matthew on her back though, will still take some longer. She is of a slightly darker purple than most other horse dragons, but not uncommonly so. Her tail is long and mostly kept in a braid by Matthew.

Personality: Questra is a calm hatchling dragon who most often things before acting. Rumor has it she got her character and temper from her mother, a white healer dragon. Though she has no true magic, she has a soothing presence on others.

Edited by BlackScorpion7

As they flew up and sped off, Katelyn noticed other dragon riders flying in the same direction. A knot formed in her stomach and she started worrying how the nearby future would look for them. Taja had taken her side, but seeing all these riders fly off to the same spot, it could only mean Gelltor had won. Seeing Cirrus speed off against her highest speed, Katelyn urged Sleet to try and follow her. The Skywing was much faster than most other dragons, so they could only watch and see them take more and more distance. Sleet was fast and agile, though still slightly slower than a Skywing, but the make-shift saddle was holding them both back. By the time they caught up, the fight between Taja and Drac was already in full heat. Hearing her order to go after the others, Katelyn nudged Sleet with her mind.

Fly a bit further, they're all on foot so they can't run away far anyhow.

What about that one just before us? The brown one.

Horse boy, perfect.

Katelyn had never cared much to try and learn the names of the NDK. She had never seen any point in getting to know them better, it was a bad idea anyhow in her mind. Any knowledge could be used in your disadvantage. But she had given a lot of them nicknames. Matthew Greenfield was in her mind 'horse boy', the link not far to seek. He could not be called a boy anymore, looking more like a young man in his prime. Tall and strong looking, he could be of value to Hyro, if they ever managed to break him. With a single thought, Sleet flew right over him and Katelyn leaped of, rolling on the ground to break her fall and leaping upright almost at the same moment. Standing before Matthew made him stop in his tracks, while Sleet cirled overhead and landed behind him. Seeing the dragon rider land before him, Matthew almost skidded on the ground in his try to stop running. Questra, who had been flying besides him, let out a scared yelping sound and landed on the ground besides him.

"Katelyn. Sleet."

Name's Matthew., whispered Sleet in her mind.

"Time's up Matthew. Nowhere to run. Make this easy on you and just go along."

"Back to Hyro? Never!"

"Think logically, Matthew. Look around you. Drac is about to fall beneath Taja's strength."

"Look around yourself, seems like your Taja isn't doing so well."

This certainly got her attention and she looked around. Seeing her look away, Matthew tried to run away again, but Sleet was faster. With a quick swipe of his tail, he struck Matthew's legs from beneath him, making him fall face first in the mud. As Katelyn turned around again, she had to force the worry out of her face. She had seen Taja laying on the ground with her arm almost severed and Hyro coming up to her. Though she wasn't best friends with the woman, she did hold no grudged against her and counted on her to get those advantages for her. Stepping up closer to Matthew, she watched him crawl up and pull his short sword. With a short inclination of her head, Katelyn pulled her own long sword our of its scabbard. The horse dragon hatchling was almost cowering against Matthew's legs, letting out short squeeks of fright

"Think reasonable, boy. Short sword against long sword and ice dragon? Give up now, come along peacefully and Hyro won't look twice in your direction. You know what happens to people Hyro looks twice at, don't you?"

This only made the man angrier and he let out a harsh cry of anger while leaping forwards with the sword in his right hand. Seeing Sleet's tail lift slightly, she commanded him not to do anything. At the same moment, Matthew came near and used his momentum to turn and swing the sword right at her chest. Shifting her legs, she easily dodged the thrust and parried his sword with the flat side of her blade, the sound of clashing metal ringing in the clearing. A faint smile appeared on Katelyn's lips as, against all odds, she found herself liking this fight. It was apparent that Matthew lacked in technique, but he made up for it in strength. Strength did not rule over technique though and Katelyn could easily parry all of his thrusts, though many off them made her teeth rattle and she was sure she would ache all over the next day. All the while she kept a faint link to Sleet to make sure he kept watch over them. Both fighters were sweating hard now and Katelyn saw Matthew having to switch his grip on the hilt of his sword slightly more and more. After parrying another heavy blow, the edge of his sword sliding off the fuller of her sword, Katelyn spoke again, slightly out of breath.

"Give up, Matthew. Come along quietly now and you won't get hurt. You've got promise in fighting. Come along now, pledge allegiance to Hyro and I promise I'll train you in fighting myself."

An angry snarl was all she got in reply and when next he thrust, she made a quick step aside and as he struggled to keep his footing, she hit him against the head with the pommel of her sword, making him fall over. As he sat on hands and knees on the ground, his vision blurred and Questra leaping over to him in panic, Katelyn lifted her sword once again.

"Sorry about this, mate. We're both in this together." And with that she knocked the pommel against his head again, hard. Watching him crumple and fall, it almost hurt her to hear his hatchling scream in fright and panic. Picking the dragon up, she held it before her face. She was just barely able to lift it up, a sure sign the hatchling was not far from growing up.

"Stay calm, he's not dead, just unconscious. You want to stay with him? Then remain calm and quiet." Putting the horse dragon down again, she took a deep breath and leaned against Sleet, who had stepped up next to her. Swiping her arm across her brow, she shook her head.

"The damn boy sure knows how to fight. Let's gather him up and get back to the others." With some help from Sleet, she slung the New Dragon Knight between two spikes on his back and bound him tightly. Everything seemed to take extra effort and when she was finally back on the pathetic excuse of a saddle, she was happy to be sitting down. The horse dragon hatchling squeeked again and flew up to crouch on the back of Sleet next to her bonded rider. With a nudge of Katelyn's mind, Sleet started moving back to the central clearing and the others.

Gelltor had moved quickly on Hyro's command leaving straight for the stables. As he passed he saw the wreckage that was Sleet's saddle. He knew full well it was extremely expensive and this would hurt relations with Katelyn.

"Oh god, look what you did. Malice, are you trying to botch this!? We need Katelyn to trust us how else are we going to make this work?"

Malice only sent a feeling of shame to Gelltor. He knew that if things went poorly punishment would ensue and Gelltor was harsh we he got ticked.

Gelltor mounted the gray dragon bareback as per his norm and they took off after the others, Malice's powerful wings allowed them to easily catch up and surpass many of the others. They were actually only a little bit behind Sleet and Katelyn but they soared higher to avoid the pair. Skipping over Taja and Drac, Gelltor immediately began searching out his spy quite happy to deliver his 'payment' even if the family wasn't going to be killed like he had wanted. Oh well can't win them all can you.

Hank had managed to find himself a horse and was fleeing for dear life since he knew full well that Hyro's knights didn't know he was in fact working for them and would kill him on sight.

Rio had arrived just in time to see fighting and watch some man ride off on a horse. She and Ayos ran in the same direction avoiding Taja and Drac just in time to run right in front of Sleet and come to a sliding halt. Recognizing the dragon and rider immediately she pulled out a handful of her enchanted gems and tossed them at Katelyn and turned away, the gems cracked in mid-air and emitted a blinding light but were otherwise harmless. Rio and Ayos dove into a nearby bush. Rio started crawling away but a mental tug caught her attention.

"What is it?"

"That's Matthew on Sleet's back we can't just leave him."

"If we don't we may get killed or captured what good are we then? We can't fight her."

"I have an idea. You distract them while I get Matthew ok."

"I don't know Ayos."

Malice soared over the retreating NDK forming a thunderstorm. He unleashed lightening upon the scattering NDK he managed to kill some but the forest was a definite hindrance.

"There he is."

Hank was in total panic out of the blue came Malice and Gelltor raining lighting and general death down upon the NDK, the pair had no restraint when it came to all out attacks, they were almost as bad as Mordred. Gelltor wanted the satisfaction of a full backstabbing in every sense of the word and climbed down to Malice's foot. Malice flew low and Gelltor leapt off, in mid air he drew his short sword as his shield was already brought to bare and dove down upon Hank.

Hank could only wonder why Gelltor had picked him out before he felt folded steal driven into his back and through his body.

"Why me?"

"Because I paid you to die remember?"

Satisfaction was a sweet addiction Gelltor flung the body off of the panicking horse and brought the animal to bare making a full one eighty. They had gotten pretty for away.

"Hunt them down kill them off you know the drill Malice."

"FINALLY! I get to do things my way."

The storm grew in size and intensity but stayed clear of where they had spotted Sleet on the ground. Lightening thrashed the ground savagely spreading fires and causing general havoc wherever Malice went. Gelltor headed back to where Sleet was going hoping to catch up with Katelyn and set things back the way he wanted them to be.

Seeing Malice fly overhead, Sleet let out a growl. Also looking up, Katelyn watched as the thunderstorm grow and she let out a hiss of her own. Keeping an eye on the proceedings, it appeared that Gelltor was allowing Malice to go full power. Taking a shuddering breath, Katelyn wished she had some magic of her own, but she had not been granted anything in that region. Hyro had plucked her out because of her agility, tracking and fighting abilities, not for any magic potential. But the ability to create a shield around them would certainly come in handy right now. Urging Sleet to make a move on, she hoped they would reach the central clearing soon, before Malice let a lightening bolt slip their way. Matthew was strapped tightly on the back of Sleet, but the hatchling was bouncing precariously. Reaching behind her, Katelyn grabbed a hold on the small dragon and pulled it against her. It whimpered and tried to snap at her arms.

"Keep still or do you actually want to be separated from him?" This certainly kept her calm again and she hung almost limply in Katelyn's arm. A movement in the corner of her eye made Katelyn aware there were still a lot of the other rebels moving about, but she didn't want to risk losing Matthew in a try to catch one more. First secure one prey and only then the others. She just wasn't sure what securing her prey meant, was it delivering him to Hyro or making sure he was safe and would not run. But she had come here under the command of Taja, so it was to her Katelyn would bring the man. On her way back to the central clearing, she kept a firm grip on Questra, while hoping Malice wouldn't forget there were others down on the ground still.

"We need to help him at least! They’re getting away!!"

"FINE!!! Stay here, I have got this."

Ayos stayed low to the ground while Rio pulled out another handful of glowing marbles. She drew on Ayos's magic and readied a fireball in her other hand. Rio charged out at Katelyn and Sleet and hurled the fireball at Sleet's side aiming for the straps holding Matthew down. She readied the Marbles for when the pair rounded on her and would throw them and then would activate their blinding light spell. Unfortunately the fireball missed horribly as Sleet dashes past her. Rio was standing in the middle of the path completely stunned. she had missed and now Matthew was captured.

Gelltor was not making good time at all. He had been blocked by several rebels who either had their heads swiftly severed from their shoulders or had managed to pull him off the horse and into a fight. So far he had been in six fights was getting severely worn down.

Malice on the other hand was having the time of his life doing his best to pick off as many fleeing rebels as possible so as to keep Gelltor from punishing him when they got back.

"Malice I need you to clear a path for me this is getting on my nerves."

"Fine."

Was Malice's disappointed reply. He wheeled about and started flying towards Gelltor, rain turned into small hail and small hail soon turned into golf ball sized doom chunks of ice. Lightening assailed the ground before Gelltor stunning both him and several other fleeing rebels the less the lucky ones were obliterated along with what was once a half decent path. No matter Gelltor could navigate that even dazed as he was.

"A little close that time Malice.”

"Sorry, can I get back to what I was- whoa here comes Hyro! I don't want to be near that thing when it gets here, let me go now!"

Gelltor swiftly dismissed Malice who then banked and dove plucking up a rebel and tossing him into the sky. He was careful to make sure the weather was convenient for Hyro and the dracolich. During his ride he didn't notice Ayos jump out and pull the stunned Rio back into the forest, as he was about to ride by.

Rio took a moment to come back to her senses but when she did she was being pulled along by a straining Ayos.

"I missed."

"You forgot to compensate for the fact that she was moving."

Rio hung her head in shame but followed Ayos.

Edited by En'K'Haral

((I'll be gone till Sunday. I'll play catch up then.))

((Hey hey if someone doesn't post this RP is gonna vanish and that, would suck))

((DS has disappeared off of the face of the earth, apparently. I'm waiting for her.))

((Blerg. Post tomorrow, promise. Meant to post yesterday but was working till 1 in the morning. O.o))

Cirrus had taken off the moment that Taja had dismounted, knowing for a fact that her rider would want her out of there. So she took up the order for the other Riders, snared Bramble from landing to 'assist' Taja and soared off over the trees at speed to head off some of the fleeing NDK. Bramble grumbled in her ear continuously, first complaining that she was flying far faster than necessary, then that he should be helping Taja, then couldn't he at least watch Drac and Taja fighting. By that point Cirrus had had enough. She was relatively short tempered with the black anyway, and the seeping distress through the mental bond was making her snappier than usual. Really she knew that Bramble was spouting off rubbish because he too was worried, but that didn't stop her going for his neck. Bramble swerved out of the way just n time, hovering in the air and a feigned hurt look on his face.

Rather than irritating me, how about you go do something useful? she snapped.

Like what? Bramble sounded very much like a pouting child, and she knew he was putting it on.

Can you take NOTHING seriously? I don't know! Use some initiative! Go find Night, go catch a NDK, just do SOMETHING that does NOT involve irritating me.

Grouch Bramble shot back at her, quickly putting distance between himself and the fuming cyan dragoness. Was it the fact that she was much smaller than average that made her so scary? Bramble had heard that small people were always a lot more.... scary. That was the best way to put it. Scary. And currently Cirrus would be considered terrifying to anyone but him - and that was only because he'd grown up with her.

Cupping the air in his large wings he heaved himself forwards and soared over the top of the trees, bright green eyes easily picking up the details of what was going on. People fleeing here, people fleeing there, dragons screeching, clanging of metal... He sighed outwardly. He didn't like this life, but he had to do it. Didn't have any choice. Besides, if he came back with nothing Cirrus was going to personally rend his head from his neck. He flinched slightly at that thought. Females. However suddenly he felt Taja's collapse through the bond and roared, almost perfectly in sync with Cirrus who let out her own bellow of protest. Spinning in the air about as neatly as he could for all his size and lack of agility, he pounded his wings in the air to get back to his fallen rider. Whether he had liked Drac in the past or not he would make sure he wasn't getting away. If Bram ever put his mind to something he could actually be quite dangerous. However, as he got there he realised there was no need to stop Drac. The pair of them were unconscious on the ground... was that Riviera. He could hear Cirrus snarling and she was hovering just above the ground, her neck snaking and jaws snapping at something. A quick glide and Bramble soon saw what. Or rather who. The dark green muzzle of the vine dragon sticking out the ground gave him away, if the waving vines hadn't already. Oak. And where Oak was, so was Kiara. A thundering weight crashed into his side winding him momentarily. Apparently Ebony was back in action. Shame, he'd rather enjoyed seeing the idiot grounded with a dislocated wing. Well, if it was a fight he wanted a fight he'd get Bramble thought as he launched himself at the chunkier black dragon with gusto. He'd enjoy this.

Cirrus was snarling at Oak, trying to bite his nose, keep him from getting a hold of her with those barbs and try to get to a her rider at the same time. Who said multi tasking was easy. At least the other dragon was condemned to the ground forever. Cirrus couldn't imagine a life never being able to fly. The sky was her life blood. The sound of snapping teeth and she looked up to see Bramble and Ebony clashing. Again. It was a recipe for disaster to put the idiot and the total idiot in a room together, especially when they hated each other’s guts. It always ended in a fight. It was like they didn't know anything else. Males. She did however, shy back when Hyro landed on that creature. She'd seen the damage it had done when they tried to tame it. She didn't want to be on the receiving end. Of course, in that moment Oak managed to lash her neck with a thorned vine and she hissed, lunged and struck. Bullseye. Her jaws were clamped hard around the green's upper jaw. Unfortunately, though in hindsight it was probably fortunate, Hyro's bellow made her let go. Oak hissed and sank into the ground whilst Bram reluctantly stopped raking the other black's hindquarters with his back claws and detached himself from Ebony's neck. Cirrus dropped herself onto the ground beside Taja and with a few flicks of her tail had her positioned back in the lightweight saddle. She took off smoothly to prevent the unconscious woman from sliding off. In the air, Bramble gave her a hand tightening the saddle straps so Cirrus could fly Taja swiftly back to the infirmary. Both of them were worried to the pits of their stomach, knowing exactly how much had been taken out of her in that battle.

I'll bring Drac in a short while. There's something I want to do first. Cirrus looked at the black levelly, then nodded. He sounded serious for once and she trusted him.

With Cirrus winging back towards the keep at a rapid pace, Bramble heavily turned. He was a little stiff where Ebony had thumped him in the wing joint but if he moved it it would wear off. Hovering in the air, the black called on some of the magic he had control of. He rarely used it, much preferring physical combat, but this time he was searching, not fighting. He knew Night, it wouldn't be hard for him to locate the younger dragon's presence. He soon had it and was off after the fleeing form. Horses may run fast, but they can't out run a flying dragon, not even the normally very lazy Bramble. Stealth reared and screamed out in fear as a huge black shape suddenly blocked his path, nearly slipping on the sodden ground. His nerves were already frayed with the dragons all about, the smell of blood in the air, the lightening, the fire, and now this dragon in front of him. Flight instinct was in overdrive and he was already spinning to gallop in the other direction but Bramble had swiped his legs out from under him and then pinned him gently with one paw. He didn't hurt things for the sake f it. There was a bag attached to the saddle and Bramble knew exactly what, or rather who, was inside. Seizing the straps in his teeth he yanked it off the horse's back and then sprang back up into the air, Night essentially swinging from his mouth. There was the disadvantage to sealing your dragon in a bag. Night wasn't going to be able to get out unless Bram himself released him. Which h wasn't about to do.

He kept up a running commentary to Night just for the sake of it as he steadily flew back. Whether or not the hatchling was listening to him he didn't care, but he thought that maybe Night would appreciate the run-down of what had happened. And was still happening. He landed back in the wrecked clearing where his rider and Night's had fought, looking round in near amazement at the damage the pair had caused. Gently setting the bag down at his feet Bramble looked to Katelyn and Sleet who were there too, their own prizes atop the ice dragon's back.

Katelyn, can you give me a hand please? I need to get Drac back but can't get him strapped in the saddle alone. He wasn't telekinetic like some dragons he'd heard of were. So he'd need some assistance. He could however, release the magic bonds Kiara had put up and did so, catching Drac by his collar before the boy hit the ground. Twisting his neck he dropped him into the saddle strapped to his back - Taja kept a saddle on both himself and Cirrus to save time - and also so that in aerial combat she could jump to either one if need be. Then with Drac dumped on the saddle he turned back to look at Katelyn and Sleet and await their assistance.

((Sorry I vanished. I'll not bother with excuses. I'll post Cassie later, the farrier's coming soon. Matthew is accepted in case you'd not guessed. Again my apologies for being a lazy, inconsistent DS. ^^'))

Edited by Dragon Song

Sleet almost skidded to a stop as they arrived at what had been the fighting scene. Just in time to see Cirrus flying off with an unconscious Taja on her back, Katelyn looked around to see if there was anything more to do. Preferring to keep out of Hyro's way, she was just ordering Sleet to take flight, when Bramble's mind intruded upon them. Hearing the dragon being serious for a change made her decide in his advantage. Giving a nod, she slid of the makeshift saddle and patted Sleet against the neck. But before she went over to help Bramble, she first dragged the still unconscious Matthew of Sleet's back. If she let him hang there, he would surely freeze to death. With some extra rope, she bound him tightly by hands and feet, binding him also with one rope to Sleet's leg. The dragon grumbled, but understood it was a safety measure. If anything happened, he could fly up and let the NDK dangle in the air, thus preventing him from escaping. Questra let out sharp cheeping sounds and dropped to the ground, huddling against the prone form of her rider.

Moving up to Drac, Katelyn remained wary. He seemed unconscious and bound by magical strains, but this was after all Drac they were talking about. Just about anything could happen still. Motioning for Bramble to lie down, she took a firm hold on the boy and lifted him up over her shoulder.Moving over to Bramble, she slung the boy over the saddle. No point in trying to sit him up. Even if she strapped him well and he started falling over, he would make the saddle slide sideways and probably be dangling quite dangerously, making it hard for the dragon to fly or land. So she just slung him belly-down over the saddle and used the straps on the saddle to bind him to it. That wasn't enough of course and she needed some more rope. Looking back at Sleet, she grumbled. All the rope she had brought, was used in binding Matthew. Not having another option, she unbound him from Sleet, as well as undid the binds around his legs. Using these ropes, she could firmly attach Drac to Bramble, so there would be no risk for the boy falling of midway.

"There you go, fly fast and safe. Don't know if you can undo those magical bonds, but keep them on in any case. This boy is too slippery for his own good, we wouldn't want him disappearing again." Turning back to Sleet, she lifted Matthew back on the dragon and bound him well again. For a woman, Katelyn was obviously strong, being able to lift a youngster like Matthew that high. Training, training and once more training, those were the only things keeping her from a swift dismissal by Hyro. Not having enough rope, Sleet would have to fly a bit more careful now the man's legs weren't bound together anymore, but it should not pose a problem.

Just as she was about to haul herself back onto the makeshift saddle, she saw Gelltor approach. Her eyes narrowed and just for a moment, she didn't know what to do. The man had tried - or maybe even succeeded - in crossing her. Using her and claiming the prize for himself, an obstruction for her to get what she wanted. And then she swiftly lifted herself on Sleet's back, starting to bind those few straps she had been able to attach to the pathetic excuse for a saddle. A saddle, Gelltor would pay for a new one. It had been his dragon who had destroyed it and so it would be his savings getting drained. Fully strapped, she looked aside at the man, just as he arrived.

((Umm...Black scorpion Katelyn is being attacked by Rio at this moment...ah never mind I will edit mine. happy.gif))

Gelltor arrived at Katelyn and could already tell he was in a heap of trouble. Probably for Malice's poor handling of her saddle which cost a substantial amount of money. He decided to seem impressed but not happy about it. He spook

"You seem less then happy. After I came all this way to apologize for Malice's handling of your saddle and to offer to cover the expense. Looks like Taja caught Drac. I suppose I have to give her some credit, even if I don't like it. But look you have proven your worth as well. The young New Dragon Knight rebel on Sleet's back. Perhaps you can aid my plight. I seek a young girl and a magi dragon. Rio and Ayos. Their unique link interests me. Your help would be appreciated and I would of course include your aid in my report to Hyro. Just like last time. Speaking of which I feel it is prudent to let you know that I have kept to my word and pointed out in my report that our success would depend on your scent following abilities. Now what do you say, will you aid my search?"

He wasn't about to hide his dislike for Taja but he hoped that the message that he gives credit where credit is due didn't go unnoticed.

Rio and Ayos were fleeing through the forest with the others when the dracolich passed over them. They both froze on the spot and waited for the cost to get clear. Once Hyro had passed over them they found themselves a nice little shelter under a tree. The ground had been dug out by some previous occupant and was now deserted. It went far down so that it was directly underneath the tree and practically a cave. Rio spoke first.

"Ok so now what hide and wait for the storm to pass?"

"Yep"

"What about Gelltor?"

"No way he saw us."

"Are you sure?"

Ayos nodded his response. they were tired. First there was the failed attack on Katelyn and Sleet and then during their retreat they had seen Gelltor riding hard through the storm with his head down right towards them, he had come uncomfortably close to them but as far as Ayos could tell, Gelltor didn't see them.

Edited by En'K'Haral

((Oww... sorry!! I'm lucky my head was attached sad.gif. Post coming up soon.))

((Edit: post will be for Monday, work was tooooo busy...))

Edited by BlackScorpion7

((All is forgiven Scorpion. You ned only do what you were going to do in the first place happy.gif))

Katelyn just stared at Gelltor for a long moment.

Don’t trust him, Katelyn. He speaks pretty words, but pretty doesn’t reach far in this world.

I know, but you have to admit we won’t get far if we make an enemy out of him either.

True. It’s like being between a rock and… more rocks.

Why, you’re a helpful one.

I’m still waiting for my meat.

“How do I know I can trust you? You are after all the same as all of us, a sneaky and lying censorkip.gif***. I don’t want fame and glory, those are passing things. There are just a few… extra’s I would like. Taja can get me those, can you as well?” Behind her, Matthew had woken, but was keeping his eyes closed. He wouldn’t be able to keep himself motionless for long though, the freezing cold of Sleet’s body seeping through his every bone. Questra was keeping silent also, knowing her future rider was awake. It was the fact the hatchling wasn’t squeeking or anything, which alerted Katelyn. Looking behind her, she almost sneered.

“If you want to play dead, then try it more convincingly.” Her patience was running thin. She wanted the guy locked somewhere, before he could escape. And the lack of a proper saddle was annoying her as well. Turning back to Gelltor, she was obviously in doubt. “Can’t keep him strapped on Sleet’s hide too long, he’ll freeze to death before we’d have caught your brat and get back to the city. Find me something to wrap him into to keep him alive and I’ll join your search.”

Gelltor had stayed silent at Katelyn's first thought knowing that if she wanted privileges it would have to come with the attention from Hyro which he doubted anyone wanted He had been about to speak up when she told him about her issue. Sadly he didn't have anything to wrap Matthew in but he did have an idea.

"I can not wrap him however if your willing to trust me I can have Malice drop him off at the palace for you. Oh and relax I am not one to take credit for the actions of others. Besides I am sure Hyro can tell if you are lying."

"Malice, get your ass over here and pick up Katelyn's catch."

But-"

"Either that or find some seriously heavy blankets."

"How about bear furs?"

"Where the heck did you get bear furs?"

"This dead guy I just killed."

"Are bear furs ok?"

He asked reflexively placing his head in his hand, a sign that Malice was giving him some grief. He caught it only too late.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Rio steadied her breathing while Ayos kept watch.

"Let's stay here until things blow over. Then we go and rescue Matthew ok?"

"I don't think we should stay. What if Katelyn starts searching for us as well?"

"I doubt it. Besides if we get too far away we may not be able to get back to the castle in time to stop anything horrible from happening."

"Neither will we be able to help if we get caught."

"Fine, how about we go after we are sure Hyro has left."

The Magi dragon nodded his agreement. He went back to sit at Rio's side while they waited out the storm. They saw malice fly overhead and he was carrying something.

Malice Soared over the forest with some very thick bear furs in his hands. The man he had killed had been an unfortunate merchant passing through the area. Malice figured the man was selling to the Rebels but why they needed furs he did not know. In fact the man had acquired the furs from the city and was on his way north to sell them there. Malice spotted Sleet and Katelyn in the distance and began his decent.

Edited by En'K'Haral

Giving a light shrug, Katelyn let know bear furs would suffice. Maybe she could stuff one extra under her makeshift saddle as well, before her ass from off. Descending from Sleet, she told him with a thought to lower himself on his belly and remain still. Quickly dragging the guy of, she made sure he was still bound well. As soon as Malice would come down, she would roll at least two furs around him and stuff one fur - if there were at least three - under her saddle. Placing a foot lightly on Matthew's back, she looked back at Gelltor.

"I'll help with the search, but what about those extra's, eh? As said, Taja can get me the things I want, can you?" Katelyn had never been one for bribes or anything, but when you ran in Hyro's force, you sometimes just had to pick up some of their nasty tricks. "Two brand new saddles fit for riding an ice dragon for days on end, custom fit and made by the saddle maker in Kernock. Besides that, upgraded quarters to fit me and Sleet and two days every month to go wherever I want without being followed by anyone. Get me those and I won't come in your way with whatever you're planning." Her requests weren't cheap, nor easy. Eyeing him with a sly little smile and giving a wink, she waited for his reply.

Malice landed and set the bear furs down. The trader had quite a few but Malice only took four.

"I have four furs here. There's more but I didn't think you would need too many."

Gelltor grasped his chin. He was not in a position get Katelyn the time off or the quarters. Those were things she would have to earn. The saddle would be easy using his underground brokers. Mafia type people mostly. He was sure that saddle maker had the attention of unsavory gentlemen. He would need to pull a lot of his big strings and tricks early in the game. Gelltor was pissed at Malice and Malice could sense it, the gray dragon edged away from its rider nervously. Gelltor finally responded.

"Unfortunately I can not guarantee free time or better quarters at this time but your saddles I can get. However if its information your looking for I have many channels of it that you can use. I can arrange for people to acquire whatever you seek including a better place to stay. Not in the castle mind you but I don't recall that being part of your terms. I will make it clear to Hyro that much of these successes are your doing. While your not into fame as you said that fame does come with certain...privileges and trust all you need to do is ask the King. As I understand it he is willing to reward good work."

"I don't think she is going to go for it."

"Shut up. You and I will have words later."

Malice hung his head but was ever watchful of Gelltor's every move flinching as he crossed his arms saying.

"Well Malice and I can't stand here and talk forever we have a rider to hunt. If you accept tell me now."

Seems like our Gelltor hasn't as much influence as he'd like.

As I said, pretty words don't mean much.

But can we let a prey go loose?

Three cows.

Clear your mind, Sleet. And if Taja can get us private quarters, you eat outside. No bloodspatters in my quarters.

Two?

Shut up.

"I'll help you with your prey. But two saddles it is and no harming the saddle maker, he's the best there is for ice dragons. Sleet, down." The dragon crawled flat again and with a short command through her mind, he placed the end of his tail lightly on Matthew's back. Arranging one fur under her saddle and one behind her saddle, she tapped Sleet's tail to let go again and picked the guy up. Slinging him over Sleet's back again, the air whooshed out of his lungs and he started protesting. Eyes narrowing, Katelyn patted him on the back while binding him tightly to the dragon. Questra tried to snap at her hands once or twice, much to the annoyance of Katelyn, who slapped the back of her hand against the muzzle of the hatchling. The small dragon fell of Sleet and into the mud on the ground, at which Matthew let out something resembling a growl.

"The calmer you remain, the less pain you'll have once you can get off and that goes as well for that beast of yours. Or do you want a lift by Malice or that creature Hyro calls his dragon? It would be a lot handier for Sleet and me though." Matthew's eye snapped unwillingly up to the sky and he remained quiet. Shrugging, Katelyn patted Sleet's neck and looked around. "Thought so. Too bad. So, got anything to go by here? A scent or anything we can start of from?"

Gelltor shook his head in mock dismay.

"Not this time Katelyn I am relying solely on your skills. I don't have the influence Taja has in the way of rewards but then again you wouldn't owe me anything either, would you for those extras would be earned by your own right more then my doing."

He aimed to make sure that if Katelyn stuck with him she wouldn't have to worry about little things like black mail.

"Anyways on to the task at hand. I will have Malice search from the sky. I will look for tracks and marks on the ground with you that could be left by fleeing rebels. I want you to use your sense of smell to determine if our prey in fact passed through those locations. Our quarry posses a Magi dragon and probably the only Magi out here so I think identifying them should be relatively easy. I am pretty confident that she isn't smart enough to hide her scent. So think you can do it? Right now our objective is to locate the start and then follow the trail so its from scratch this time."

"Malice why are you still here?"

Malice took off in a hurry as if to get away from Gelltor for the time being and began searching from the sky.

"Seems she is already on Taja's side. What are you gonna do?"

"Offer equal partnership once this is over of course."

"You won't have to sniff every single boot print or broken twig in the forest. I will be able to rule out most of those obstacles just by looking at them. She has size ten feet and I should be able to tell even if the print is distorted."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rio had fallen asleep but Ayos kept watch and stayed sharp. He payed attention to every sound his ears could pick up noting nearly all of them. Sadly Rio's snoring as predominant amongst the noises.

Watching Malice fly of and Gelltor move around, Katelyn cast a look at Sleet.

Why are you doing this, Katelyn? Taja can get you a saddle as well and more than him.

I know, but it's him who's responsible for the saddles, so let his purse bleed it out. And who know why he might come in handy in the future. Better to have two more or less influencial persons behind you than one, no?

Just be careful, influential they might be, but also sneaky and dangerous.

Let's just play his game along for now and see what will happen. Taja is out for the moment anyhow until she's back on her feet. So a Magi...

Some sense of magic would have come in handy right now.

Just sniff around a bit.

Sleet closed his eyes and took several deep breaths. Connected to him mind-to-mind, Katelyn tasted the scents he tasted and joined him in figuring them out. But it was not easy, so many smells mingled one another and there was a lot of fear mixed in it. Fear was a stink which could overrule all other scents. But maybe it could come in handy right now. Looking around, Katelyn figured that most of those rebels fleeing, would feel at least a bit of fear. She couldn't think that there would be none who at least shivered slightly at the sight of that... thing Hyro called a dragon nor of the attack. So they just had to find the right trail of fear. While Sleet remained standing where he was, Katelyn started moving around slowly, both passing on the smells to one another. Rabbit fear, horse fear, bird fear. A lot of animals had ran frightened away and these weren't making it easy on the hungry Sleet, but he knew better than to try and follow those. The promise two cows were better than a few petty rabbits.

Sleet, here. Human fear.

The ice dragon moved over and smelled deeply.

Drac?

Don't think so, he fought with Taja. I smelled something of human anger closer to the center of this clearing and it was not Taja or Kaja. So I figure it belongs to Drac and this scent does not carry anything of his scent. Whether it is the Magi's rider I don't know, but it is a human who I don't think belong to our force.

I'm on your tail.

Rolling her eyes at his pathetic humor, Katelyn slowly moved along the clearing and through the shrubbery, following both her as well as Sleet's nose.

Edited by BlackScorpion7

((I need a break from the illiteracy of Freeform! May I join? Preferably before my mind explodes...))

Username: BlueApollo

Side: NDK

Name: Ayden Brook

Race: Human

Appearance: Ayden is just shy of six feet tall. His chestnut brown hair is medium length, barely touching his ears in the front. He has a widow's peak that he doesn't seem afraid to show, and his hair is layered. His eyes are a light green shade that tend to look more blue when there isn't enough light. He has a strong jaw and a proud face. His shoulders are wide, and he has a muscular build. He wears black leather trousers, dark brown boots, and a dark blue tunic under most normal circumstances (armor and shtuff doesn't count as normal). He gives the impression of a proud young man with a little too much strength.

Personality: Like his looks may imply, Ayden is very proud. He can be brave and audacious at times, but he can also brag about his adventures like no tomorrow. He tends to be quite outgoing and confident, never afraid to face social awkwardness.

Other: Ayden can enjoy fights a little too much, and is a little too eager for adventure. He can throw caution to the wind sometimes, so watch out

Dragon’s name: Opelia

Dragon’s age: Adult

Dragon’s gender: Female

Dragon’s race (DC Only please): Ochredrake

Appearance: Just your average Ochredrake except for the long scar that runs down the back of her tail (she fell off a ledge as a hatchling)

Personality: Ophelia is more of the quiet, take-your-time, thoughtful type. She does not throw caution to the wind, and her idea of a good day is one without too much trouble. She makes up for her caution with incredibly good planning abilities that even Ayden will agree with.

Other: Ophelia and Aydenn are extremely well bonded. Ophelia can sense every thought, emotion, and memory Ayden has, and they can usually locate each other. Ayden thinks that Ophelia's name is a little soft for a dragon, though, and wonders why she chose that name in the first place.

Edited by BlueApollo