Dragon Song

On These Wings: The Remake

((K guys, you have the go ahead to find the camp. Sorry for the confusion, just took a bit of clearing up. =) Once you find it though, could you report it? That leads onto the next bit.))

Also, urgent notice:

WE ARE DESPERATELY IN NEED OF NDK MEMBERS.

If you already RP here, you are very welcome to create an NDK character, in fact I advise it. Later on it'll likely be centred a bit more around them, and your Hyro characters may get little to do. I can't be sure, I've not used to having active Hyro members! xd.png

I've also reopened the apps to NDK profiles. However, should you apply, YOU MUST BE ACTIVE. I can't stress this enough. If you are inactive for what we consider to be a long period of time with no notice, we will just kill your character off. ...I say we, it'll likely be me.

Edited by Dragon Song

Blinking slowly, Katelyn lifted a brow.

Is this guy kidding us? First he wants us to track these idiots and then suddenly he wants to retreat? They're kids of growling out loud!

You're right, something is fishy here.

If you ask me, Kate, he's planning on getting us out of the way and go to Hyro getting the big prize for finding those fools.

And us getting punished for not having found anything.

Keep your eyes on him and go claim that prize yourself the moment we get back.

No, I have a better idea. I'm not planning on getting Hyro's focus of attention on my back. No, I think I'll go and get Taja in the games. She seems out of Hyro's grace anyhow, so I bet she'll be jumping for a chance to get back on his good side. If those fools down there have seen us, they'll move their camp and it's her problem. If not, she's in our debt.

There are a lot of holes in that plan, but the basic sounds good. Let's pretend to agree and head back. The moment we're out of Gelltor's sight, you find Taja.

Casting a look back, she slowly nodded. Giving a short nod to Sleet, who had his head turned around as if interested why the plans were changing. Letting out a short huff of indignation, the Ice dragon carefully crept backwards until he could turn without problems and face them all again. Reaching to her saddle bags, Katelyn stuffed the pants and other aids for tracking in them, making sure to close the bags well. The moment they were up in the air and out of sight, she would cut the legs of the pants shorter and hide those two parts. If Gelltor was planning on getting all the fame, he was sure to try and get those pants back. This way, they still had the scent with them if needed. Leaping in the saddle, she strapped her legs firmly to it and nodded back at Gelltor.

"Very well, it's not like Sleet and I could attack the whole camp on our own and capture them all alive. So no other option I guess. Lead the way."

Gelltor nodded and mounted Malice. Gelltor took note of the fact that Katelyn had stashed the pants, which was fine so long as she didn't lose them everything would work the way he wanted it too. Malice held back on the take-off to keep Katelyn and Sleet within hearing range.

"Ok since we can't handle this by ourselves I suggest that we report that you have the scent, and that we believe the camp to not be far off from our last location."

"Seriously?"

"Sorry but I don't feel like dying today."

"Pansy."

"Is that acceptable to you Katelyn? I figure we report together that way you know you have nothing to worry about."

"Shut up."

"What if she uses this against us and calls us cowards to Hyro?"

"We play it smart and silent, and Hyro knows that. The fact that we chose not to risk the life of valuable dragon knights in what could turn out to be a suicide mission should at least keep us from getting stabbed in the side with a steak knife."

"I envy your optimism."

Edited by En'K'Haral

Katelyn just nodded and gave a faint smile as if fully agreeing. As Sleet took of, his large wings beating heavily to push them both up in the air, she turned her head slightly. They had gone far enough again for the take-off not to be too noticeable if there was a camp over there, which to her gut feeling probably was. Something inside her told her the guy had not seen them and nobody in the camp had been alerted. Of course her gut feeling could be wrong, but it rarely was. Which meant that Gelltor had a plan of his own for sure. Well, they would see about that. Eye for an eye. Settling as comfortably as she could on the saddle, she patted Sleet's back and the moment she was sure neither Gelltor nor Malice could see what she was doing by having her own body between their sight and her hands, she would tear of strips of the pants to keep for herself.

I will still be wanting that cow or two sheep, you know.

You'll get them, though maybe not today.

I'll be checking the interest rates on sheep.

"So, what happened? Where did you two go?"

"Taja insisted that we scout around the market place for hope of picking something up. She went to talk to a load of people and sent me off to do some searching of my own. Then after a bit she blocked me out! She won't tell me anything of what happened Cirrus, so don't get cross at me." Cirrus snorted back at Bramble, distinctly unimpressed.

"That can't be everything. Taja doesn't just block us off for no reason. What. Happened?"

"I've told you! I don't know!" Bramble replied with an exasperated sigh. Cirrus was being as hard headed as ever, but he was saved from further interrogation by a rumbling of the earth nearby them. Shortly after, Oak's dark green head emerged from the ground and the blue and black pair simply glared at the vine with matching looks of utmost contempt. Oak ignored them, shaking the mud from his sides and then shifting the vines from his back so that Kiara could step down gracefully. The raven haired girl sneered at Cirrus, then grinned smugly at the sight of Bramble lying casually on the floor before stalking off.

"She's up to something..." Cirrus growled, eyes narrowing in distrust and suspicion as she watched Kiara saunter out of sight. "Were they near the market place?"

"Could've been," Bramble replied with the dragon equivalent of a shrug. Cirrus turned on him with an unimpressed sigh. "Oh hey look! I can see Malice and Sleet returning! Ermmm.... I'm gonna go see if they've got anything to report." Bramble quickly scrambled to his feet and, if rather clumsily, took off. Cirrus sighed, and turned to head back to her stable. It was warmer in there, and she could keep nagging Taja about what was wrong. One of them would give in being stubborn. At one point.

With hasty wingbeats, Bramble gained height and flew out to meet the returning forms of Malice, Sleet and their riders. Not being particularly in Malice's favour, especially considering the escape night, Bramble chose to go speak to Sleet and Katelyn. He nipped past the grey and his rider, swung himself round and settled in time with Sleet's flight.

"So, you guys have any better luck than myself and Taja?" he asked the ice dragon. If he looked like he was doing something it would keep Cirrus off his back for a short while at least.

Malice communicated with Gelltor when they saw Bramble approaching.

"Well look who is here, the world’s most dangerous moron."

"Play nice. We need him to believe all is well. Besides I may need you to pretend to get along with him in the near future."

"FINE! I despise you sometimes."

"Just try to act nice."

Malice sneered at Bramble as he closed in.

"Well if it isn't Bramble the klutz."

"You call that nice?"

"I call it acting. I still need to be peeved you know."

Gelltor prevented himself from rolling his eyes.

Katelyn replied to Taja's dragon instead of Sleet. The Ice dragon had always kept a bit to himself towards the others, whether they be human or dragon. The only ones he mostly socialized with were a few of the hatchlings still in training and even then the number was small and mostly just to play with them. It wasn't that Sleet was a loner, he just didn't relate well to most others because of his still rather innocent mind. Katelyn had understood fast enough and accepted this behavior, after all she wasn't the most social one either.

"Depends on what you call better luck. I assume there's no NDK in shackles yet?Speaking of Taja, were is she?" Katelyn wanted to work out her plan as soon as possible, before Gelltor had any chance of speaking to Hyro. If she was to be on the good end of the man, something told her she had to work fast.

Bramble studiously ignored Malice, well used the the jeering and the taunts. He got enough of them from Cirrus, sometimes even Taja and he never took them to heart anyway. It wasn't exactly hard to ignore the grey. After all, bullies only continued to taunt and tease if you responded to them. And Bramble never responded to jibes, apart from the playful ones that weren't intended to harm. Cirrus on the other hand, nearly always reacted. However, she wasn't picked on either, possibly due to the fact that when she did react, it was generally to try and bite their head off. Bramble wondered how many dragons and or their riders had nearly been bitten for provoking her. Grumpy darned skywing she was!

"Anything counts as better luck than us. We got reports on livestock, excuses for why such and such is like that, questions about what was going to be happening and general bad mouthing when people thought we weren't listening. Nothing much new," Bram concluded. "Unfortunately, we got no leads whatsoever. And the shackles were empty last time I checked." He sighed, frustrated that they were getting nowhere with the searches. How hard could it be to find a bunch of baby dragons and their riders? Evidently, very. At the enquiry of the location of his rider, Bramble surveyed Katelyn for a while, trying to decide if he could trust her. He soon decided he probably could. "Taja's shut herself in her quarters. Something happened at the marketplace and she's refusing to tell either me or Cirrus what it is, but whatever it is is causing her to stress out even more," he said grimly. And to think, he previously thought Taja couldn't stress further than she already was. Well, he'd been proven wrong yet again.

Giving a quick thought to Sleet, Katelyn made the Ice dragon angle down to the dragon stables. A spark of nerves coursed through her stomach, something which did not happen all that often, except when Hyro was around. As Sleet descended lightly before the stables, she gave him a warning glance.

Keep them all occupied, I'll take care of your saddle and dinner after meeting with Taja.

You better make it worthwhile. Having to mingle with them...

First grabbing the pants out of one of the bags, Katelyn slipped the straps around her legs loose and leaped lightly down from Sleet's back and onto the ground. Turning to face the other two dragons and Gelltor, she threw the pants to him, hoping fervently he would not notice the legs were slightly shorter. Then turning her head once more, she spoke out loud to Sleet.

"I'll be right back, need to settle something with Taja first."

Moving away, she made sure that either Gelltor or Malice would hear the words she grumbled next.

"If the biatch hasn't already thrown away all the money I gave her."

Katelyn hoped it would confuse Gelltor and Malice and keep them from suspecting anything. It was a pathetic try, she knew so. Physical strength, agility, fighting and tracking were her specialties, not tactical thinking. But it was the best she could come up with. In the meanwhile Sleet let out a growling huff and turned his head towards the other two dragons and the human.

Any of you help me get this damned saddle of my back? Apparently money comes before the well-being of her own dragon. That'll cost her at least two cows!

"Taja? Katelyn is coming up to see you. Something about money she lent you?" Bramble informed his rider, rather confused. He didn't recall Taja having borrowed money for any purpose from anyone, but he figured that Taja would know what Katelyn was on about. Besides, she should probably know who it was knocking on her door - you know, just as a safety precaution. However it seemed that Taja was just as confused if her thought train was anything to go by.

"Okay.... thanks Bram. Did they find anything?"

"Not as far I know."

Taja was stood up pacing round her room in her wait for Katelyn. Unlike Bramble, she assumed that there was something else going on and that Katelyn was using the money as a cover. Bramble wasn't always on the ball, but Taja wasn't about to fall for something like that. She was well aware of her own finances! At the knock on the door, she answered with a barked "Enter." As Katelyn came into the room Taja strode past her and shut the door, bolting it before she actually acknowledged the ice dragon rider's presence.

"We're safe from eavesdroppers in here. What's the real reason behind this? I know that I don't owe you anything." Though in a round about way, Taja was hoping that by the end of this conversation that she may just be owing the other rider.

After looking around and giving a short nod, she faced Taja and nodded again.

"I take it the others fell for the money story then, if it already got around to your ears. I do want your promise this stays between these walls and I'll end up on the good side of things." Her eyes flicked to the door for a moment as she checked with Sleet if the others were still busy and would not disturb them.

"I was just trying to find any scent or track leading away from the forest where we had seen the NDK earlier, when Gelltor and Malice came upon me. Apparently Gelltor has someone inside the NDK, a spy or something, and he brought me a pair of pants to use to track the man's scent. Sleet and I could catch onto the scent and follow it. It led us to a more open forest up north and we found a man running through the forest. He didn't see us I think, but he had the same scent of Gelltor's spy clinging to him. I am sure he was part of the followers of the NDK and that their camp was near, but Gelltor didn't want to investigate further and more or less ordered us to return. But he's planning something and I don't know if I'd be on the good end of whatever he has in his mind. So I thought I'd play out a plan of my own. We still have the scent and can track them again. Promise me I'll get something good out of it and I'll lead you to the camp and to Hyro's favor again."

Katelyn had her eyes locked on Taja, waiting. She knew the second in command would probably be hesitant to accept any offer at this moment, but Katelyn hoped this would also play in her favor. In all her 'career' she had not done anything wrong towards the woman, though she had not exactly been social or kind either. But this was the way she acted with just about anybody around here. So she did hope to have an advantage because of it.

Edited by BlackScorpion7

"The pants are more like shorts now."

"It’s only a little bit gone Malice."

"That means she didn't want us to notice it."

"Help Sleet with her Saddle would you, you were able to remove every single one I put on you, so it shouldn't be that hard. I am going straight to Hyro to report Katelyn's findings. I don't think that girl trusts me."

Gelltor had been inspecting the pants closely once Katelyn had handed them to him and had taken note of the loose threads revealing that they were cut. Malice on the other hand had noticed the size difference right away. Gelltor headed straight towards the throne room once Katelyn was out of sight to make his report. He had originally not wanted to bring Hyro into this right away but his nerves had got the better of him out there.

"Alright Sleet let's see that saddle of yours."

Malice approached Sleet and began to undo the saddle.

"Who would? You need to pretend to be more secretive your openness scares them."

The sarcasm was pretty obvious but it did not stop Gelltor from sighing and seriously considering it. He wondered what Katelyn was up too. Something about money loaned to Taja? Pieces of the pants missing. Could it be Taja had already made plans of her own with Katelyn? It looked like bringing Taja down would be harder then anticipated oh well he would need a new target. He was just outside the doors to the throne room when an idea walked up and slapped him in the face. Kiara! Now there was someone who would love the opportunity to see Taja's demise. A smile crept across Gelltor's face as an alteration to his plan formed while he knocked on the throne room doors.

((Wow I sense that this will get messy.))

Edited by En'K'Haral

((Would any of you Hyro people consider creating NDK members? In the 'discovery' scene it'd be nice to have a little more reaction than just Cassie.

Also, DS, Kja senses history repeating itself. Where did Annaku go, btw?))

((I am working on an NDK character at the moment and Annaku is considering bailing permenantly form all of DC. I will try and talk her out of it happy.gif))

((*twitches* Kiara. KIARA. Not Keira. Kja does that too, it drives me insane. I dun even no why, but it does.

Also, what history? Which bit?))

"Bramble told me you were coming. And I happen to keep a track of my own finances even if he doesn't realise it," Taja responded coolly. The report on what Katelyn knew was.... interesting to say the least. Seemed to her that most of Hyro's current fully fledged dragon knights were scheming snakes that couldn't be trusted. But if you work for Hyro you automatically couldn't be trusted. Katelyn was smart in her suspicions, Taja would've felt the same way. But she wasn't full sure she wanted to trust the other woman. One more mistake and she didn't want to think of Hyro's reaction. Her side twinged slightly at the thought. If a meat knife to the side was his way of encouraging her she did not want to find out what her punishment would be.

She regarded Katelyn with an equally hard gaze, trying to sum her up. Of all of the knights Katelyn would have to be the one she would most likely trust.... not that she would. She wasn't aware of the ice rider's motivations for remaining a part of the force and that was concerning her. It meant she could either be here for similar reasons to herself, or because she was able to fit in with a double crossing crowd or similar. Could she trust her? she was going to have to. She needed to pull something out of the bag and fast.

"I can guarantee you that should this prove to be worth any while that you will be credited. I can secure yourself and Sleet any lodgings that you wish as well as raise your level of command. Officially you could be my second, but in reality I feel it would just be the title. That would give you privileges and the ability to command a large range of people. Also in the event that I was to lose my position it would fall to you." She didn't feel she needed to elaborate on how she would lose her position. Taja wasn't about to give it up and she had a sneaking feeling Hyro kept her there for a reason, so the only way she'd lose it was if Hyro or one of the NDK managed to kill her. The latter she considered unlikely, the former.... she wasn't quite so sure.

((Kja I feel you owe a Hyro post. And En'K'Haral, are you wanting me to throw Kiara your way?))

Katelyn listened intently and was just about to reply, when a sharp stab from Sleet pierced her mind. Her eyes went wide and then narrowed again.

Gelltor's on the move, Malice is still here. My guess is they suspect something.

Okay thanks, make sure that whatever happens next won't involve any of you dragons. Don't think I'd like a talon through my back...

Consider it done.

"Gelltor is on the move, I don't think I have to guess where he's going to. If you want to do something about this find, Taja, do it fast. If I'm not mistaken, Hyro is going to know about it as well in a few moments, but with the snaking ******* getting the rewards. As for credits and rewards, I don't seek to become a third or possible second in command. Too much responsibility. But I wouldn't mind some privileges. Upgraded quarters to fit me and Sleet wouldn't be bad, but the thing I'm angling for most is a bit of space to go where I want, without someone keeping track of me."

The idea had popped into her mind rather quickly, a way to go and search for her family without any of the others knowing. Having been forced into Hyro's army, she had only adapted to it all by keeping the hope she would one day be able to find her family again. There was no chance of escaping the army and she was probably too well known by now to be able to build a new life without anyone being afraid of her. But she just wanted a chance to make up to her family without them standing chance of being used by the other riders as a sort of blackmail to Katelyn.

In the meanwhile, Sleet was doing his best not to snap out to Malice. He allowed the other dragon to pull and tug the saddle of, knowing for sure Katelyn would have a fun time cleaning and repairing the straps and leather. But it was not easy to keep calm instead of lashing out at Malice and ensaring him in a struggle. But he was a faithful dragon, or so he liked to think, and would keep the other dragons away from whatever was about to happen inside.

((Won't be online 19-20-21 June...))

Edited by BlackScorpion7

((Bumpcakes. Kja will post, but they need to report to Hyro first and Taja needs to go back to her room for reasons to be explained later.))

((Hiya again all! Waiting for my grades to come in, but it looks like I just might be back this summer. /grins

My roleplaying skills have rusted quite a bit, however.. so don't expect a WOW!able return. /wink))

((KITT'S BACK! *launches net* I came prepared, this time. *ties net to roof and activates security lock-down* Thirteen inch titanium doors, windows that are officially missile-proof, and a lot of other **** I cba to think up right now because it's half past 1 in the morning.))

((Hey Kitt. Oh and Gelltor is already reporting to Hyro Kja. Just waiting for permission to enter the throne room.))

((Kitt, Kja demands Aoi be re-introduced. biggrin.gif Also, Crimson has to be back in as well, since Hyro mentioned him earlier. tongue.gif))

One of Hyro's aides opened the throne room door and stopped himself rolling his eyes when he saw who it was that had knocked. Nobody in the castle particularly liked Gelltor: even by a megalomaniacal dictator's standards, the man and his dragon were excessively cruel. Hyro had had to once forcefully extract both of their magical powers, therefore severing their contact with anything, for six weeks because Gelltor and Malice had tried to destroy half of a coastal fishing fleet because one of the sailors 'looked at him funny.'

"His Majesty is in the War Room Master Gelltor. He asked not to be disturbed, so unless you have something important to say or intend to help him track down the magical signal he's been hunting, you can tell it to me and I'll relay the message for you." Carlyle put particular emphasis on 'Master,' knowing it would infuriate Gelltor but that he could do nothing about it.

Carlyle suddenly frowned as he noticed an odd woman wearing a deep blue shift walk past the corridor, heading toward the female DragonRider quarters: it was odd that a commoner be allowed in this wing of the Tower at this time of day. Carlyle shrugged since the woman walked with purpose, and she had to have a good reason for the sentries to have let her past.

Some kind of courier. He thought, noticing the slip of paper in her hand. Turning back to Gelltor, Carlyle suddenly realised the man had already left, and closed the door.

Hyro looked at the magically created 3D map of Chicias, specifically at the faint purple circle surrounding the mountain foothills. One of his Searchers, mages whose sole purpose was to detect magical anomalies and report them to him, had detected a pulse of energy from the foothills that bore his son's magical signature. The area had been over seven leagues across, so Hyro had pulled every single mage at his disposal to the war room to try and track down the signature.

So far they had lessened the distance by three leagues, but hadn't made any progress in the last half an hour.

"Wait. That just got bigger! Why did it get bigger? Somebody tell me why it got bigger!" Hyro yelled as the purple circle grew by about half a league but became more solid. Everyone at the magical consoles suddenly became much more intent upon their work as an impossible wind whipped around Hyro, and the air suddenly became tense with magical energy.

"Because, Hyro, now it's a 100% assurance that the signal originated from within that area, and not somewhere nearby. The going will be slightly slower now but these idiots you hired will not make a careless mistake." Hyro whirled around with the energies crackling at his fingertips, but they instantly dissipated when Hyro saw who it was.

"Grandmaster Maddox." Hyro nodded to the Archmage. "I assume it is you I can thank for that?” Grandmaster Maddox was one of the few pre-revolution dignitaries that had remained in their place, mainly because he hadn’t put up any fight. He had told Hyro right from the start that he was simply guarding the secrets of magic, and did not care for politics or war and would not help him fight or track others. He was also the only one who dared call Hyro by his name, because if he wanted to the Archmage could obliterate Hyro with a flick of his wrist.

“No; one of my personal students. I advised him against it but Rafael rarely listens to me. I assume you are hunting the New Dragon Knights? If so, one of your trained dogs is hanging outside the door with information that could help your search go much quicker. Regardless, I came to discuss with you the possibility of purchasing an old enchanted sword with the Knight Guild, because it is of interest to both of our Guilds. It is rumoured to be an old Draconæ relic, and you know how they fascinate me.” Grandmaster Maddox was one of the few people Hyro actually respected enough to listen to about requests for more resources or speciality items, so the other Guildmasters used this to their full advantage.

“Can we speak of this later, my friend? I’m in the middle of something, as you can see.” Hyro responded, and clicked his fingers to let one of his aides know to open the door to the war room, which was by invite-only to even his DragonRiders. Grandmaster Maddox nodded and left the room, motioning Rafael to accompany him.

Hyro manipulated the holographic map, changing the view angle and zooming in to get a better look at the area. He had small Drakes, the dragon’s less intelligent cousins, scouting out the area with special magical devices implanted into their brains and feed information back to one of the consoles in the room: if they saw anything, the mage operating the console was to report it instantly.

((En'k'Haral, if you think I was imposing a bit much on Gelltor and Malice there, feel free to say and I can go back and edit.))

Gelltor kept himself from grumbling at being called Master as he walked away from the throne room, it wasn't so much the title he disliked but rather the attention it brought with it. Even in the palace he tried to remain inconspicuous. He arrived at the war room just as Maddox entered. The man made Gelltor nervous, just something about that kind of raw power made the hairs on his neck rise, Gelltor made sure to extend the proper courtesies to Maddox. Gelltor waited outside until invited in to the war room by Hyro's aid. He had not actually been in here before and so had to put forth an effort not to stare about. Once in front of Hyro he immediately dropped to one knee and gave his report.

"Sire, I have news of the search that I feel is important to know now and a concern that can wait until you have the time to hear it."

A very very short pause to catch his breath, the castle was rather large and moving through it swiftly was not an easy task.

"Sire, I have installed a contact into the self appointed New Dragon Knights to act as a spy and feed us information. Katelyn and I have also been using this same spy's scent to track and find the location of the NDK. With time and planning we will be able to mount a proper offensive on their encampment."

Now the moment of truth. He hoped that it would show through that he was lacking in faith of the second in command Taja.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Malice finished with Sleet's Harness with a satisfied sigh he held up the battered seat and gave a nervous laugh.

"Eh-heh-heh well it’s not as bad as when I went at mine. I think you could get one or two more uses out of those straps. Sorry Sleet."

"God I hate playing nice."

He thought to himself. He didn't dislike Sleet, the creature was in every sense of the word efficient, but Malice wasn't normally inclined to socialize with others.

((Nope you should be good. Actually you more or less read my mind wich is kinda creepy. As for the leveling the docks well thats more of a Malice thing but I have more or less neglected Malice's calling so far so I think that background should do nicely. happy.gif Well I know Rio isn't on the chry list yet but I did get a go for it so I will risk posting. if peoples don like that then thats ok I will deleat the post if thats the case untill DS puts up the character))

++Night of the escape++

Rio was rushing back to her room where Ayos waited. She was covered in dust from the armory collapsing under Drac's attack. During her trip to the armory she had stolen a violin from one of the noble's room. She had very recently developed in interest in the instrument and intended to learn how to play it. Rio was a bit nervous since her missing the sword she was SUPPOSED to get would most likely tick off Ayos. None the less she swiftly carried the case with the violin in it to her room where she met Ayos.

"Where is the sword?"

She didn't answer instead she took the large rope made of a vast collection of bed sheets by Ayos and tossed it out the window and watched it unroll.

"What the heck is that?"

The agitation was coming to Ayos's voice now as he saw the violin case.

"A violin."

A moment of silence as Rio checked the rope. Normally the pair was jovial and easy going but the circumstances weren't allowing that right now.

"A violin? You forgot the sword but remembered the violin?"

"I didn't forget the sword. The armory collapsed plus Taja and Kiara were there. It’s not like I could just walk out and say hey can I borrow a weapon? Anyways I wasn't any good at it during practice anyways."

"Ugh, well at least I remembered the Marbles. They’re nothing destructive just flashers."

Ayos handed Rio a sac of Marbles she checked the contents it was full of marbles all glowing a bright white. Rio looked around in panic for a second as she remembered the guard.

"He is out cold and under the bed. I hit him with a wonderfully convenient brick."

Ayos pointed at the slab of stone that he had magically pulled from the ground. It had a little blood on it but it didn't look like it had done any severe damage beyond knocking out the guard. Rio grabbed the case and started descending the freedom rope of bed sheets. It of course did not reach the ground but she was counting on Ayos's magic to fix that. The dragon was gliding down after her. She reached the end of the rope.

"Wow that’s still quite a ways, think you will be able to support the strain?"

Ayos had already landed at the bottom in the courtyard.

"Yes I can."

Rio nodded and jumped she drew on Ayos's magic through their link; it was successful for most of the way down, until the strain became too great on Ayos and he passed out. With him unconscious Rio couldn't draw on his Magic and she found herself falling the part of the way down. She hit the ground with a resounding thud that knocked the wind out of her.

"Well that sucked. Ayos are you ok?"

She looked over to see Ayos out cold and shook her head. She knew he had been lying but he was determined to go through with this so she let him but now she regretted it. Rio collected the maturing Hatchling and carried him piggy back through the castle quite stealthily and out into the forest. It wasn't until they were well into the underbrush that she realized she had forgotten their food supplies. She slapped her head in despair but quickly shook it off. They would hide until the search ended and then move out to the meeting location. They had been extraordinarily lucky. Drac's action had provided the distraction that their plan of escape lacked she would need to remember to thank him. Rio set Ayos down once she was sure that they were in a well concealed spot but even now didn't risk a fire. She was right in doing so since she could hear Hyro's servants in the distance.

++Present++

Ayos had come around the same night and was recovering nicely. They had hidden in the forest for some time gathering food. Ayos had already chastised Rio for forgetting the food but that was well in the past now. Right now was the time to pack up and move out to the NDK meeting spot. Ayos climbed a tree to get their bearings and they headed towards the encampment as quickly as possible. They would be a little late. Effectively missing whatever speech would be given but not late enough to miss them entirely.

((Nudge for Drac and Cassie post perhaps?))

Edited by En'K'Haral

((I ish waiting for a Taja post, but in the meanwhile is there an extra NDK needed by my hand or not anymore?))

"That can be done easily enough Katelyn. However, now's not the time to be discussing finer details. Once this is hot and I know you've not deceived me we can talk this over in more detail. And, if Gelltor has indeed gone to Hyro we've got very little time. I'll get Bramble and Cirrus ready to fly." They weren't going to have time to mobilise the rest of the force and launch a full on attack. Taja was going to have to rely on Cirrus' elemental magic, Bramble's experience of combat and the element of surprise. Not exactly ideal conditions to be attacking the NDK but it was better than having to turn up nil once again. She feared what turning up nil again would entail.

Bramble, Cirrus we have a lead to the NDK base. Get yourselves ready to attack. we're not coming back empty handed. Katelyn and Sleet will lead us there. She didn't recieve an actual worded answer from Cirrus, just the immediate flurry of movement and apprehension. Bramble however, was a lot more chilled. And did actually reply.

Well that's great Taja. Brilliant in fact. However, you dooo realise that Malice has pretty much decimated Sleet's saddle right? Katelyn planning on riding bareback?

What? The mental equivalent of a dragon shrug was all she got in reply. So she turned to Katelyn.

"Bramble wants to know if you're planning on going bareback because apparently Malice has trashed your saddle. If that's the case Bram can give you a lift I'm sure. But for now there's a few things I need to get ready. I want to see you in the courtyard in 5 minutes ready to take off either way." With that, she shooed the other woman out of her quarters.

About 4 minutes later Taja herself was ready and out in the courtyard, one hand on Cirrus' neck as the skywing coiled herself on the ground beside her rider.

Is this really what we want to be doing? she asked.

... I don't think it's right. But it's what we've got to do Cirrus. We both know this. We have no option but to destroy the NDK.

And thus destroy Chicias' hope. was the bitter reply. Taja said nothing. "Katelyn, you ready?" she called out as she swung up into Cirrus' saddle. Bramble was stood nearby shifting from foot to foot, ready to be off.

Edited by Dragon Song