Dragon Song

On These Wings: The Remake

((Pretty good, if Latin wasn't threatening to hold me back this year.

And yes, I still do.. |Db))

((O noez. Don't hold Kitt back a year, curse ye latin. I don't know how long I can leave Aoi open-ended just in case you come back.

I'll PM you the invite code and the website.))

((/snorts

Technically, I'm failing right now.. /kicks Latin grade

We'll see how it is after my test goes in, though..

Alright, I'll be on the lookout for it.))

((KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *pounces* *proceeds to not let go* If you're going anywhere you're dragging me with you!

Curse all darned languages! I know the pain Kitt, I know the pain. =( ))

Taja had been hauling lumps of stone off the top of Riviera. Telekinesis came in handy at times, though she would much rather having been dropping the great hulking bricks on the girl’s face. However, she had a knack for getting useful information out of people and had been the cause of many of the public executions Hyro was so fond of. Taja doubted Hyro would be pleased if he found that she had killed the little ****. As it was, Riviera was lucky to be alive. She’d come out of the collapse with only a broken arm and rib and a hell of a lot of bruises. Taja could only assume that she’d been far back enough to avoid the worst of the ceiling as it came down. That or, and she shuddered to think this, she’d unconsciously protected her to some extent.

It was just as she had hauled Riviera to her feet and practically dumped her in the arms of a medic who had come to check for injuries, that Cirrus contacted her.

“How much do you like Bramble?” Taja was instantly worried by the tone her dragon was using and could partially sense Cirrus’ emotions through the bonded link between them.

“How much am I going to hate him?” she asked worriedly.

“A lot,” came the grim reply. “Drac hit him with a muscle relaxant so he’s grounded.”

”That’s not too bad...” Taja replied, trying desperately not to anticipate Cirrus’ next words and to feel positive.

“He took out the rest of the chasers when he came down... and they’ve all gotten away.” Taja was silent for a long time, taking long deep breaths but she couldn’t keep the quiver of fear from making them judder slightly. A pale blue shape slid out of the darkness and Cirrus appeared behind her rider eyes bright with worry and fear for what could happen. She lowered her head down to Taja’s level and the young woman placed her hand on the dragon’s nose.

“It’s not his fault, and no-one needs to know that he was the reason the other dragons came down too. Let Hyro believe that it was their own incompetence that meant they let the NDK get away, you know how much he hates Bram anyway. If Hyro gets wind that Bramble was ultimately the failure of this mission, whether he could help it or not, he’ll kill him. Blackmail the others if you have to, tell them I’ll personally kill them if they should leak word about Bram, but I want you to contact their dragons and let them pass it on to their rider. Got it?” she told the skywing in an undertone. Cirrus nodded slightly in response, before snapping her head round, her lips pulled back in a savage snarl. Stood not far off was Riviera, her right arm strapped up and in a sling, bandages round her ribs. Taja paled slightly, but the girls gave no sign that she had heard anything of what she had said to Cirrus.

“His Majesty summons,” she reported icily.

Stood in front of Hyro, Taja was acutely aware of what could happen. She could vaguely hear Cirrus screaming telepathically at Bramble now that she had adequately warned the dragons of the other riders who had taken part in the chase – some of them had been blackmailed and some had simply been asked for their silence. Hyro’s words were somewhat of a drone to her and she wasn’t really absorbing the words. The meaning was clear enough. She snapped back to reality when she heard: “Extra encouragement.”

Taja may have considered her reflexes to be sharp, but they weren’t sharp enough. Her hand had automatically gone to her sword’s hilt when she saw Hyro and the knife whirling towards her but she wasn’t swift enough to draw or fling up a shield. The knife plunged deep into her side and she instantly folded. As Hyro withdrew the knife, she collapsed to the ground, trying to staunch the flow of blood with her hands and not succeeding. The pain was making her dizzy, and she was dimly aware of the goings on. She could hear Cirrus bellowing in alarm, and heard the buzz of Hyro’s voice; something about seasoning. She grunted in pain as she felt someone lifting her up from the floor and the movement stretched the wound in her side. She was then half dragged along to the infirmary and could feel her legs giving way and she fell onto something, possibly a bed. After that she simply passed out.

Edited by Dragon Song

((We appear to have ground to a halt... Anyone up for a timeskip? xd.png

You'll all soon realise that timeskips are my little make life easier thing))

((I am game. We need new NDK peoples -.-

Prefurably peoples who lack lives.))

((Since everyone's agreed upon a time-skip, I'll start it, considering I've only posted three times and had 0 NDK interactions.))

Drac awoke from his coma and almost instantly slammed his head back down as Night jumped from a nearby table and landed on his chest. The baby Skywing had grown almost two and a half feet while he had been asleep. Night began to download all the information he had gathered in the past week into Drac’s mind as quickly as physically possible.

“Whoa, Night, slow down. The human mind can’t handle that much information at once, slow down a bit. Now, what was that about Aoi?” Some small nugget of information Night had spied from the city whilst he was practising some elemental magic had flashed across Drac’s mind and he needed to know what it was as soon as possible.

“Sorry. I forget human limitations sometimes. Aoi disappeared in a Nightwyrm nest and Hyro decided not to pursue as the Nightwyrms are, as he put it, ‘the deadliest mother-****ers on the planet.’ I’ll go more slowly with the informationnow.” Night responded, and the flow of information started to slow noticeably.

“Thank you. It’s nice to see you speaking now. I always knew you were more intelligent than the other brutish brainwashed slaves Hyro ‘offered’ me as dragons.” Drac continued, thinking whilst his mind processed all the information Night was giving him. The skywing took the compliment well and tried to make the details clearer of everything he was giving Drac.

With Aoi dead the resistance movement could potentially be crippled before it began. Aoi was the undisputed leader of any group, especially this one. Drac had inherited his father’s brilliant tactical mind and was the organisation behind the entire movement, but he had no people skills. Aoi was the entire driving force: he had gathered everyone, driven them to revolt against Hyro and had the legendary Quickblade charisma and leadership ability that inspired men and struck fear into their enemies without realising.

Without Aoi their members could lose heart and start to crumble away, slinking back to Hyro or simply running off into the ether. They needed someone to take command, and Aoi had always said that if he fell it would have to be Drac.

Seeing that there was no alternative to him taking command he decided to do what he did best: start as best he could and bull**** things together as best he could from there.

Drac stood on the ridge above the camp of ‘his’ little group and pondered how best to gather their attention. He decided to start as he meant to continue: an incredibly draining show of power that would one day kill him.

Drac clapped his hands together and a sonic boom rippled through the area, causing every bird to take flight and stopping all activity in the camp below. It wasn’t as spectacular as he would’ve liked as much of his power was used in his body healing itself during its coma, but it was sufficient. Drac suddenly wished he’d decided to take the time to prepare something beforehand.

“Our movement is seriously crippled before it even begins. Of the original 25-strong revolution, I only see four here before me. At least fifteen have been confirmed either dead or missing in action, one of which is our leader, Aoi Quickblade.

“He tried to dive straight through a Nightwyrm nest to escape pursuers. He was dragged under the sands and nothing more has been heard. Aoi has the luck of the gods, but I doubt even he could escape that situation. Let us pray for him and our comrades that they may return to us safely.

“Meanwhile, I am taking command of this unit. Let the New Dragon Knights never lose sight of our goals: We fight oppression. We fight injustice. We fight to free the little people, for without them the big people are nothing. From today on we are a team, separate but linked, and all the stronger for it.

“We live together, we fight together and so we die together. Hyro sees our escape as a failure, and has started attacking his aerial dogs to ‘motivate’ them. My father gets sloppy when he’s angry, but that causes his dogs to fear, and fear makes a man sharp.

“They will wait until Taja is healed properly from her infected wound, all the while gathering power and arming themselves to the teeth to hunt us. They will come in full force. We stay here for two days to await any stragglers, train and prepare. After that we go to the fringes of Chicias where Hyro’s iron rule is starting to see cracks and seek whatever aid we can.

“You may go back to what you were doing.”

Drac jumped back down off of the ridge and out of sight, and collapsed, clutching his stomach. “Night, I don’t want you flying any sort of stealth/recon missions into the city. It’s far too dangerous for an outlawed fledgling dragon.” Drac telepathically called to the baby skywing, who came flying to see why Drac just didn’t speak verbally.

“I hardly think you have the right to lecture me on things being ‘dangerous’ considering you’re clutching your stomach because you over-taxed yourself after you just awoke from a week-long coma in which we had to magically feed you. Besides, I have a friend in the city I can trust. She’s part of the team in the DragonStables and she lets me enter and go as I like, and lies for me when people question my presence.” Night responded, with a lot of amusement in his ‘voice.’

“Impertinent dragon. You shouldn’t be answering back to me. Anyway, make sure this ‘friend’ isn’t lying to you about her intentions.”

“She isn’t. She has a pure heart but doesn’t want to risk her family. I think you two would get along.”

“Argh. Get out of my face you flying lizard.” Drac finished good-naturedly, lazily swatting the air near the flitting Night and managing to haul himself up on his feet and stumble in the direction he thought his bed was in.

Hyro glared from atop his tower across the roof-tops of the city. It was just turning to dawn and his aerial force was assembled behind him. Most people thought the race of dragons were completely obliterated, but his stables and breeding pens had saved them from the brink, especially with the Blackthorn chicks and eggs he had stolen; as a result he actually had a very mighty air-force of dragons and their riders.

These were his fully-fledged: either brain-washed or committed to him by other means, they were almost four dozen strong with more than twice that amount either in training or not yet bound to him.

The sun finally crested above the horizon and one Peranian Morning Dove made the mistake of flying above the rim of the tower roof. Hyro took aim with his hand and a bolt of lightning burned the rare bird to a crisp.

“Go.” He said, and turned around and walked to the roof access as four dozen dragons ran past him and fell off the roof, catching the morning winds and soaring high, turning about to their destinations and going to hunt.

These insurgents wouldn’t last two days.

((Did I hear someone ask from someone with no life?! *makes her grand appearance* Damnations to examinations.

If you guys need more NDK people, Raf and/or Cassie can be dragged in here. Take your pick.

Also, WATCH THIS SPACE! I shall edit in a post when I'm slightly more alert and my muse has recharged. It has a short battery life these days.))

Malice and Gelltor flew low to the ground. Gelltor hopped off onto a bar rooftop and Malice flew off without him only to land just outside the city and wait for the go ahead. Gelltor had arranged a meeting with a potential informant; it was to discuss spying on the NDK. He descended the stair paid the barkeep to keep quiet and sat at a center table with his hood up. Five minutes later a man approached him and sat opposite Gelltor with a beer in his hand.

"You Allen?"

The man asked and Gelltor raised his head and answered.

"Yeah I am Allen. I take it Joseph that you have considered my proposal."

"I have, and I have discussed it with my partner Hank. We will try and get into the NDK for yeah and get what ever information we can, assuming the price hasn't changed."

"It hasn't."

Gelltor placed a large bag of money onto the table and ordered two beers.

"Of course I am in the process of acquiring the deed to your own store and the rights to lightened taxes. If you are successful you, your friend, and your families will be very well off, and I suspect as a man of your business talents you will be very rich shortly afterwards."

This of course was a lie. Gelltor was taking advantage of a man desperate to help his family. However they will only find themselves at the noose for high treason at the end of it all. But they didn't know that, they thought that Gelltor was an advisor for the king that was helping them out. They owed many debts and the money being given to them from the tax collections was going to help them pay it off. Of course the fact that it was from the tax collections was also unknown to nearly everybody involved. Hyro had no knowledge of what Gelltor was doing, or at least Gelltor hoped that the king didn't know otherwise he would be forced to reveal his hand which could very well ruin his plan for dealing with the NDK. Both Gelltor and Joseph drank their drinks and left the bar, Joseph first by the front door and Gelltor second by the back.

"Are you done yet?"

"Yes, come and pick me up."

Malice was quick to arrive and Gelltor climbed onto his dragon's back and they took off trying to catch up with the rest of the dragon riders.

Of course there was always the possiblity that the informants might be killed in action, they were well aware of that risk. Still it would be a pain.

Gelltor thought to himself.

((NPC spies Yes? No? Maybe? Eh if you don't like it kill em off or something.))

((Go for it. I was planning on introducing some NPC NDK just to flesh out the numbers of the group, because let's face it, five an army does not make.))

Bramble was, as usual, causing trouble. However, it had to be said that this time he was causing more trouble than normal. Some would lay the blame on the fact that he was stressing about the state of his rider, currently ill with an infected knife wound. The rest, and it was rumoured that Cirrus herself was including in the number, said that it was simply because Taja wasn't physically able to exert any control over him.

The trouble that he had found himself in this time however, was slightly different from normal. Instead of his general mucking about, getting in the way and breaking things, Bramble had instead made a beeline for the cellars underneath the Rythos Tower. No one quite knows how he managed to fit his large bulk into the small room, but he was later discovered to have completely drained 2 large kegs of rum, and had started on a third by the time someone had alerted Cirrus to his actions. Of course, the skywing had no control over the completely drunken black.

As he rather lumbered himself through the air, Bramble let out a little hic and he grinned with smug satisfaction. That was good rum that was. His emerald eyes spotted the dock in the distance and he remembered hearing something about sailors always liking a good drink. He was up for a bit more - that blasted cyan thing had chased him out of the place before he could drink his fill. Well, at least he'd giver her the slip, he thought with a drunken chuckle. Angling himself, he landed rather heavily on one of the docks, causing the planks to groan and a few to snap under his claws, as well as making numerous people leap into the bay for fear of being clouted in the head by his tail, wings or erratically waving head.

The burly sailor was on the gangplank of one of the ships, unloading a barrel which Bramble mistook for a keg of some various alcohol based substance. This then lead for the unfortunate sailor to be subjected to a drunken singing dragon.

"I wanna banana, I wanna banana!

Bring me back a banana sailor boy!

I wanna banana, I wanna banana!

That's the thing I really should enjoy!

You can tell the captain. You can tell the crew.

I don't want a monkey or a cockatoo.

I want a banana. I want a banana.

Bring me back a banana, sailor boy."

At that time, the long suffering Cirrus landed nearby, just as she heard Bramble beginning the next verse. The groaned inwardly as Bramble leaned in exceptionally close to a very red, burly sailor and began singing about an orange. Taking off again, Cirrus glided over to hover beside. Her voice was all apologies and sugar laced as she looped a leather muzzle around the black's nose and yanked it exceptionally tight.

"I'm ever so sorry, it's the stress of every-" She was cut of by the sailor.

"I can assure you, DRAGON," he literally spat out, evidently fuming. Cirrus couldn't decide whether or not he was red with anger or embarrassment. She settled on the fact it was a mix of both. "That when I next see your rider, she will WISH. SHE. HADN'T!" As it was, Cirrus did not appreciate being spoken to in such a manner.

"Oh, and you'll be seeing her... WHEN?!" she snapped back, just before realising that antagonising an angry man may not be the best course of action. Rapidly backwinging, the skywing hauled on the strap connected to the swaying Bram's muzzle, essentially hauling him into the air. Fortunately, he began to fly of his own accord, and Cirrus rather swiftly lead the drunken dragon back towards the tower.

By the time she arrived back, Taja had woken up from the sleeping medicine she was practically being forcefed by the medics.

"Anything I should know of happen whilst I was out?" she asked the blue dragon groggily. Cirrus paused momentarily.

"No... Just don't go near the docks for a while."

((Sorry guys, I was gonna post seriously and then I went to see Dad's Army at the Playhouse. This was Kja's sugesstion. So, this doesn't really count, however, I did need it off my chest.

Also, the hyperlink's not working. This is what Bram's singing:

)) Edited by Dragon Song

Sleet was soaring through the air, his wings beating almost lazily. There was no haste, despite the pressure put on them all by Hyro. Problem was, Katelyn had no idea what to do. Gelltor and Malice had sped away the moment they could, full of purpose and determination. For a moment Katelyn had wanted to follow them, but seeing the man go and enter a bar, thought better of it. If he wanted to lose precious time in getting drunk, that was his mistake. So she had just requested Sleet to circle the forest again so she could think. Eyes locked on the green carpet below, she tried to get some clue as to how to proceed. It was all very well for Hyro to say they had to go out and find those escapees, but did he give them any clue as to how? No. Threatening and being angry, that he was good at, but coming up with ideas himself? “Sleet, to the edge and down.” They were known as the best trackers of the force, maybe she should try and live up to that name. Those brats had to have come out of the forest at some point and though chances were slight there would remain any trace of them, it was the only thing she could come up with at that moment. And so the ice dragon slowly angled to the edge of the forest, descending in the fields.

Katelyn unstrapped herself from the saddle and patted his neck. The normally playful and energetic Sleet had been rather subdued the latest days, as if sensing this was a time to be serious. Walking up to the very edge of the forest, Katelyn started to walk slowly along it with Sleet by her side. Her eyes were focussed on the twigs and branches of the shrubs near the edge, while her dragon kept sniffing the air like a bloodhound. He would know before her if and where one of the brats had come out of the forest, which was when her knowledge of tracking would step in to try and follow whatever faint trail they might have left. The rain had washed away most, if not all, possible tracks, but there could still be telltale signs such as snapped branches or twigs...

((They must be dead. Perhapes sending them a message telling them if they don't post they forfit their positions to more willing peoples and then open the RP to accept peoples again. At least thats what I would do.))

((I'll have DS do it. It's her RP. *loves the ability to be a lazy ******* by not being the OP*))

((Sorry I wasn't active, guys. I couldn't think of what to post until now.))

Mordred went out the door with a wagon behind him and left the castle grounds to go into the marketplace. Once there, he walked past the citizens who were once minding their own businesses until they saw the man clad in dark armor. His prescense brought fear to the atmosphere around them. The people all stood there, not making a sudden movement as they watched him walk by. Mordred made a dark smirk as he looked at the civilians' faces; he loved to be feared among people like them and looking at their terrified faces brought amusement and joy to him. Mordred cut through a few corners until he finally reached the meat shop. This shop was known for selling all kinds of meat such as poultry, beef, pork, lambchop, and goat meet. He left the wagon by the door as he opened it and went inside. The shopkeeper and the few customers who saw him, became scared when they looked at Mordred. "M-M-M-Mordred, um... What can I do for you today, sir?" the shopkeeper asked. "Oh you know the usual, I want you to give me two huge chunks of beef and they better be covered in blood," Mordred told him. That was to feed his dragon, Ghidorah who loved to meat, especially when it has blood on it. "Um yes, right away," the shopkeeper said and he went into the storage room to get what the Hyro knight wanted. He came back with two heavy beefs that were the size of sheep and were covered in lots of blood. "Well, here they are," the shopkeeper said. "Good, put them onto the wagon outside," Mordred told him. The shopkeeper nodded and carried one of the beefs out the door. When he got outside, the man saw something and said, "Uh, Mordred." "What is it?!" the knight asked impatiently. "Seems like a couple of kids decided to have fun with your wagon," the shopkeeper said. "What?!" Mordred rushed out the door as he pushed the man aside and saw two young boys playing with his wagon; one of them was sitting in it, while the other was pulling the handle. Mordred growled as he took out his sword and ran towards the boys. He took a quick swipe at the boys and drew their blood. The children started to cry tears as their wounds started to bleed and Mordred licked the blood on his sword as he warned the kids, "Now that you've learned your lesson about playing with someone's property, get out of here before I kill you." So the boys ran away without looking back and the shopkeeper cried, "Mordred, those were young boys. You didn't have to hurt them!" Then the dragon rider moved his sword's blade to the man's neck and asked, "Do you want to die?" The shopkeeper trembled and sweated in fear as he answered, "N-no." Mordred removed his sword and told him, "Then shut up and put the beefs onto the wagon." The shopkeeper did as he was told to do and the two huge chunks of meat were now in the wagon. Mordred grabbed the wagon's handle and walked away without bothering to pay for the meat, because since he was Hyro's knight and one of the most feared men in the world, he wouldn't have to bother paying for what he got. The dark armored rider went back to the castle and headed for the stables where Ghidorah. Mordred moved the wagon to the front of his dragon's stable and said, "Here's your happy meal, boys!" The split dragon lunged his two heads to the meat and he started to eat them ravenously as his teeth tore and chew chunks of meat off the beefs and blood stained his fangs.

Edited by Red Dragonette

Taja rubbed her forehead and let out a long but very quiet sigh. It was barely dawn and already Hyro had them assembled and was about to send them off to search yet again for the escaped NDK. Quite frankly she couldn't be bothered with it, despite the fact this would be her first time actually out searching. God only knew how it was that half the others felt.

Sat astride her black dragon, Taja braced as he flared his thin membraned wings to take off. Bram's powerful muscles bunched beneath her as he launched himself upwards into the sky, roaring loudly. He was after all, the undisputed leader of this bunch. Besides, if he had t be up this early so did everybody else.

"Keep dreaming." Taja sent to him telepathically, reading his thoughts before clutching at her sore side and keeling forwards, groaning. Bramble snorted, before twisting round to look at his rider, concern filling his large emerald eyes.

"I'm alright, the painkillers just haven't kicked in yet," she told him as she pushed herself up.

"You shouldn't be flying so soon after that injury. You're not fully well yet," he reprimanded her.

"Fancy telling that to Hyro?" she sighed. Bramble didn't reply, instead opting to climb higher into the sky with a steady pace. Taja was well aware of the waves of worry and care that emanated from her dragon, and felt both loved and saddened that her usually fun loving black had been sombred so.

"It'll all come though all right at one point Bram!" she yelled out to him over the wind. She slapped him affectionately on the side of the neck. "Drop me in the market square will ya? There's generally something you can pick up from there,"

she asked the black. Bramble obliged, altering his course to glide over to the market square. It was market day and it was chocca as usual. However, that made no difference to him. Sweeping his great wings he caused a backdraft that overturned numerous stalls, sent most of the animals ballistic and covered anyone within range with all sorts of muck. However, once people saw Taja sliding down his shoulder all complaints instantly ceased. You didn't pick a fight with Hyro's second in command. With a sigh, Taja strode forwards into the crowd to find someone who may be able to help. Really it was fruitless, if Drac didn't want found he likely wouldn't be. However, may as well try and please the boy's father.

"Go scout around. And try not to cause more chaos," she told Bram without a backward glance. He muttered something about her starting to sound like Cirrus as he took off, though Taja ignored him.

The raven haired girl watched with a deep frown on her delicate face as the mass of dragons took to the sky. Had Oak been able to fly, Kiara would likely have had to join them, though because Ebony was temporarily out of commission from an injury the large dark green dragon of plants was her only one. She was leaning back against the dark hide of the vine dragon, oiling her bow and fletching a few new arrows with specially bought in green feathers. He mouth settled to a grim line as she followed the progress of a rangy black through the air. Seemed that Thorn was back in action, though in the woman's absence that pain-in-the-arse blue skywing of hers had taken charge of any duties that were outstanding. Well, now that Taja was up and about again, she felt it only time to make her position known. If that girl wished her dragon to remain alive, then she was going to have to take it cautiously around Kiara.

Kiara smiled spitefully. It would do her no good to simply tell Hyro of Bramble's blunder. There would be nothing in it for her. No, it would be much more beneficial to keep the 2nd in command strung out on a little leash. Her leash.

"Oak. I need a ride."

"Where to?" Kiara paused for a moment, tracing the path that Bramble and Taja had flown.

"The marketplace." she told him as she vaulted onto his back, slipping the bow into the quiver and then slinging the pair of them across her back. The vine simply growled an affirmative and summoned a large proportion of broad leaved vines to cocoon his rider from the soil they were about to enter. Standing up, he paced to the nearest section of earth with his rider nestled primly in her royal box atop his back. He was more than capable of going down through the cobbled stones but it was far better on the claws to go to a spot of earth. Besides, Hyro did not appreciate having his courtyard dug up.

He re-emerged from the ground on the other side of the market place that Bramble had landed on, also causing havoc and spreading panic. A few loose animals were quickly snared by thorny vines and dragged towards the vine dragon. He hadn't eaten for a few days.

Kiara dropped to the ground daintily, point blank ignoring complaints that her dragon was eating some of 'the best livestock'. She wrinkled her nose as one persistent trader actually marched in front of her and demanded she do something about it. She obliged by shooting him through the neck with an arrow. Stepping over the body on the floor, Kiara avoided the blood coming from the corpse's neck and proceeded to search about for Thorn. The woman spotted the chestnut haired commander speaking with some filthy looking peasants, and, stepping around the muck on the floor for want of preserving her new boots, she haughtily made her way over.

"Thorn, I'd like a word with you," she all but hissed. Taja didn't even look at her as she replied.

"I think you'll find Riviera, I am the one who has words with people." Kiara glared at the flippant attitude she was shown, but then bean to grin smugly.

"I'm sure you'll find this most enlightening," she started in a voice laced with honey. Taja shifted her head slightly so that she could glare suspiciously at Kiara over her shoulder. "It concerns the matters of muscle relaxants and the escapees. However, if you do not consider the matter worthy of your time I shall simply have to address his Lordship with it. I'm sure he would be most interested. Well, I'd best go find him. I wouldn't want to waste any more of your time,commander." Threat left hanging Kiara began to saunter off in the direction of the waiting Oak. It didn't take long before she noticed Thorn detaching herself from her previous conversation and following after her.

"What do you want Riviera?" What's this all about?" Taja demanded as the pair of them left the marketplace for a slightly quieter alleyway. Kiara smirked. She had the other woman now.

"I'm going to make this plain and simple Thorn. I know that Bramble is responsible for the failure to retrieve Stormwind and other members of the NDK. However many excuses you make to Hyro you and I both know he will not tolerate it, and Bramble shall be slaughtered before you. No doubt you have the others blackmailed however I'm sure once they see you in trouble then they shall not be quite so worried by your hollow threats. Now, I'm going to keep this just between us for now, but be aware. I'm watching you, and those dragons of yours. One wrong move and it's bye-bye Bramble-boo. Just you watch your step." However much Kiara would've loved to continue to gloat, if she continued to antagonise Taja it was quite possible that the commander would would be killing her there and then. Sometimes it was best to quit while you were ahead.

Once Riviera had left, Taja practically collapsed against the wall behind her. More blackmail, more puppet strings attached to her. Hyro's blackmail was bad enough, but in a way Kiara's was worse. To lose Bramble would be to lose a piece of herself. If she disobeyed Hyro she'd lose all ability to return home and all ties with her would be cut due to what would happen - nor could she betray the clan that was essentially her blood. How long was she going to have to be dancing on other peoples orders?

"Something wrong?" Bramble enquired, not being being able to make sense of Taja's mixed emotions that she was also trying to shield from him and Cirrus.

"The NDK either need to overthrow Hyro in the next week or so, or kill me in the next battle."

Edited by Dragon Song

((Hey look double post. Enter Cassie))

Escape Night

The lashing of the rain was not helping Cassie's case. Already soaked, she stood shivering in front of the small gap the peachy-pink baby dragon had wedged herself in, mewling piteously though thankfully softly too.

"Amora, please! We have to leave now!" she insisted. The dragonet had only hatched recently and Cassie was still learning how to control her. She had no intention of adopting the harsh methods some of Hyro's knights had tried to teach her to get the pink to listen, but her gentle coaxing method didn't seem to be working either. If they didn't move there was no way that they were going to be able to get out of here. Well, no way they were going to get out and survive.

"Amora, that's enough! Come on, we've got to leave now!" Cassie caved, and reached her hand in to seize the leather collar that she'd given the dragon so that she could haul her out. The moment that she was in grabbing distance, the little pink's neck shot out and her teeth clamped around Cassie's sleeve, attempting to pull her into the gap with her. Cassie resisted, and Amora only pulled harder. For something so small she was remarkably strong, and Cassie felt herself being yanked forwards when the hatching gave an almighty heave. She all but fell on top of the little dragon, narrowly missing Amora's still fragile wings.

"Amora! What was that for?" Cassie hissed, struggling to get back up in the tight space. Amora simply hissed back at her, and Cassie felt a wave of strong mental messages. Whilst none of them were words, Cassie got the impression that she dragoness wanted silence, especially when the little dragonet pinned her back to the ground with her forepaws. Only moments later, a number of Hyro's knights hurried past, plus a few of the normal soldiers.

Amora didn't let Cassie back up for a while, but by this time Cassie had realised that the dragoness knew what she was doing. She lay there, without fighting her hatchling and trying not to let her teeth chatter lest the sound gave her away. When Amora finally got off the top of her, Cassie cautiously pushed herself back onto her feet. Amora chirped at her encouragingly, and pushed her head into her hand, sending the girl waves of reassurance. With the peachy coloured hide of the dragon leading the way, Cassie scurried after hoping and praying that they wouldn't be found - even the dumbest idiot could tell they were trying to escape and Hyro would have them killed instantly, he believed them to be working for him. They took the longer, twistier routes and it wasn't until much later on that the pair had finally managed to exit Rythos. Cassie nearly cried out for joy as Amora led her out of the city, but a warning vibe from her dragon told her to celebrate when they knew they were safe. Knowing that the others would have headed towards the forests which was where their meeting point was, Cassie decided to head in the opposite direction. It meant they'd have to skirt Rythos' edge but it was quite likely that most people wouldn't expect any NDK member to be staying close to the city, let alone doubling back on themselves. Picking up a run, Cassie began to lead teh way away from their final destination.

Escape Aftermath

It wasn't until late morning that Cassie finally awoke. She tried to move, only to find that her muscles were cramped up and refused to move without causing a lot of pain. The brown haired girl whimpered as her muscles objected to moving, managing to stretch out an arm before stopping to try and rub some feeling back into the rest of her limbs. She felt exhausted and quite weak, and severely chilled - though at least she was dry now. Blinking in the sunlight, Cassie slowly sat up and tried to take in her surroundings.

She was outside, which was a good sign. It meant she'd avoided capture.

"The fact that you're still alive proves that you avoided capture," came a dry voice inside her head. Cassie automatically looked around to locate the speaker, having not quite identified that the voice was purely inside her head. She suddenly squeaked - her voice catching and not letting her make any more of a noise - as a largish brown blob appeared to be hurtling towards her. She could only fling her arms in front of her in some pathetic form of protection as the thing crashed into her.

"You're finally awake. I was starting to get worried!" came the voice again, accompanied by a humongous wet lick from a dragon tongue.

"Amora?" Cassie warily asked the shape that was pinning her to the ground.

"The one and only!" came the proud reply.

"Amora!" Cassie cried, flinging her arms around the dragoness. "But.. you can talk to me now! ...How?" she asked, still not letting go of the filthy form that was meant to be her peachy coloured dragon. "And why are you brown?"

"Mud. I had to disguise myself somehow. And what did you expect from me! I'm not one of those ridiculous excuses for a lizard Hyro breeds and calls a dragon. I'm actually intelligent! What, were you expecting me to be one of those stupid creatures that can't master language?" Amora sounded rather put out at this, and Cassie apologised instantly.

"Of course you can! It's just a shock that you learnt it in one night!" Amora snaked her head out of Cassie's grasp and let out what could only be called a laugh. It was an unusual rolling sound in her throat and Cassie looked at her, puzzled. "What?!"

"You think you've been out for a night?" she asked softly. "Cassie, it's been nearly three days. I managed to wake you up enough to get you to eat and drink and that but I don't think you fully awoke. You had a fever for the first day and a bit, I think it was from the cold. I had to steal some medicine from the city." Cassie just sat there, shell shocked. A nudge from Amora's head had brought her back to the real world, but 3 whole days?! She then nearly scolded the dragoness for returning to Rythos where she could have been caught. However, there wasn't a lot of point. She'd already done it, and was back out safe and sound. That was good enough for her.

"We'd best get going then! We've got some catching up to be doing. Let's just hope the others haven't left without us," was all she could say, pushing herself up and using Amora for support.

"That's the best news I've heard for a while. But first, you're having something to eat, and I'm getting a bath!"

Drac's speech

Cassie hadn't been at the NDK bases long. It had taken her and Amora a good few days to safely reach the base and she was enjoying the rest she was able to have - she still wasn't her usual bouncy self. Amora on the other hand, was relishing in the other company and her true colours were beginning to show. Already Cassie could tell that whilst she acted all prim and proper on the outside, at heart she was just a fun loving, adventurous creature with a big heart. However, she had recently got into the habit of imitating people and Cassie wasn't sure it was a good thing for her to be continuing.

She'd been making a fuss of Amora when Drac appeared. She didn't recognise him at first, but soon figured out who he was when he put on the little display of magic.

"So that's the one who goes over the top all the time. I can see what people mean. After all, was that really necessary?" Amora commented.

"Amora," Cassie chided her softly.

She listened carefully to the speech, and it was painful to know that so many had been killed standing up for what it was that they believed in. But, this was why she was here. It had to stop, and with Aoi now gone Cassie thought that Drac was the best one to take command of the group now. She remembered Hyro's rage and couldn't help but feel sorry for some of the the knights that were going to have to report failure to him. She was already aware through Amora that the man's second in command had taken a knife to the side for her failure. Cassie shuddered.

As Drac jumped down, she mused quietly to herself.

"Amora? Do you think that Drac would teach me to use magic like he does? I think I'd be able to learn," she asked quietly, not bothering with the telepathy.

"I think that you don't want to learn the type that he uses. If you remember it put him in a coma for a week," the dragonet commented. Jumping to her feet, she puffed her chest up and flared her wings, stretching herself to stand on the tips of her toes. Suddenly, she clapped her wings together in front of her and pretended to survey the imaginary people below her, as imposing as an expression as she could on her face.

"Amora!" Cassie scolded. She really needed to stop her doing that, but before she could get up the pink had leaped gracefully onto the ridge that Drac had just been stood on and and then down onto the other side, calling out to the boy.

"Hey Drac! My rider Cassie was wondering if you could..." She trailed off as she saw the state the new leader was in.

"Oh..." was all she managed to say. At that point Cassie vaulted over the ridge, intent on chiding Amora for her behaviour. She was in time to hear her dragon speaking to both Drac and Night.

"Can we help at all?" Previous intent gone, Cassie nodded as she went to stand by the pink's side.

Edited by Dragon Song

((Time for an update.))

Hank had expended all his favors in order to find the location of the NDK camp. Having been a part of the city's underbelly he learned that nothing truly goes unheard and was able to collect bits and pieces of information to arrive at the camps location. He immediately set out to find where he needed to go in order to join.

Joseph had said his goodbyes to his friend already and was now out paying off debts with the money given to him by Gelltor. He would hear from Hank via carrier pigeon as to what the NDK were up too. They were to use code in which hank would use spelling mistakes to convey his message in the guise of a letter to his family.

Gelltor and Malice had taken off and were trying to catch up when a tug on Gelltor's mind pulled his attention to sleet in the forest.

"What is that woman doing?"

"Trying to pick up the scent perhaps? They are really good at tracking once they find it."

"Hmm....you know you’re actually right about that perhaps we could use this to our advantage."

Malice flew down to the forest and landed next to Sleet.

"Watchya doin?"

"Indeed, have you found the scent? Cause if not then perhaps I can help you."

((Seriously. Where the hell is everyone?))

Drac groaned and managed to haul himself up using a branch, still clutching his mid-section with one hand whilst Night flitted about worriedly. The dragon eventually alighted next to Amora and gave a little dragon-y bow, nearly falling over.

“I’m fine. I’ve been through worse; at one point, when I was about 15, in October I think, Hyro pitted me against five wild dragons in an arena match. I took them out, but I think for a short time after that, for all intends and purposes, I was dead. No wait, it was November… or was it July? That whole year is a bit fuzzy.

“Anyway. After that I think the tyrannical old man started to actually respect me, and it was about then that I realised that I didn’t want the ******* to respect me. When I stopped following him like the dog he wanted me to be and stepped back a bit I realised what a horrible dictator he was.” Drac sighed and suddenly realised he was ranting about nothing.

“You didn’t want to hear my life’s story. You were asking for something. Also, don’t stop Amora from doing her impressions; we need a bit of levity around here.”

((Dead? I shall PM the NDK tomorrow at one point.))

Amora turned her gaze to the skywing as he alighted next to her, and rumbled in her slightly high pitched hatchling way, before retuning the bow - flaring her wings at the same time and clipping Cassie in the back slightly. The girl couldn't decide whether or not it was purposeful or accidental.

Her respect for Drac was already growing as she heard what it was that he had been through. She'd thought that she couldn't stand being near the man, Drac was actually related to him and that was always going to carry no matter what it was that he did. Cassie was well aware that there were some people who would hold it against him.

"Whether you've been through worse or not, that doesn't make you alright now. A blindman could see that state you're in," she argued. "And it wasn't me that was asking, it was Amora. And it doesn't matter, so she's going to drop it," she said, turning to look firmly at the dragoness. Amora blinked back at her.

"Yes it does," Amora stated, returning Cassie's warning gaze. "Cassie was wondering if you'd teach her magic at one point. Not now obviously, but when you're well again. Also, she wouldn't have been able to stop me doing the impressions even if she'd tried."

"No it doesn't matter!" Cassie returned forcefully. "Honestly Drac, just ignore her. You've got plenty of other stuff on your mind and you'll have plenty else to be doing later on. Don't worry about it," Cassie said firmly. She reached her hand out and clamped it over the pink's muzzle. "Don't listen to her."

"Oh yes, because clamping my mouth shut is going to work when I speak teleptahically."

((Blerg short post >.<))

Edited by Dragon Song