Dragon Song

On These Wings: The Remake

((*whistles inconspicuously*))

Gelltor had met with his conspirators made a few deals had to perform some harsh haggling but eventually came out with a spy and several propaganda agents, as he called them, throughout the country, all he had to do now was wait for them to get into place. The whole thing cost him a very pretty penny so he decided to get some compensation from Katelyn. With that in mind wrote up a letter for Katelyn detailing how much she owed him and then left it at her door first chance he got. Once all that was done he headed out to town to visit a popular kettle corn stand.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rio shook her head to Matthew's aid and packed it all up by herself. Ayos came to sit next to Rio.

"So then what does he hope to accomplish this time? He needs someone to write his speeches for him. Something much more pleasant is needed otherwise he just sounds like his dad."

Rio smacked Ayos upside the head for that statement.

"He may need some help but that's no reason to insult him, like that."

((xd.png upside the head. happy.gif))

((I'm just waiting for DS to post. She's being annoying and unhelpful.))

((*poke* *poke* Where ish everybody?))

((FYI: I changed my last two posts to fit the fact the happenings with Alexander and Solara happened earlier and so everybody is more or less in the same time again. At this moment a servant is on his way to find Alexander and bring him to Katelyn's private quarters. She received the letter of Gelltor for the money and is currently grooming Sleet to calm down.))

((Guys, I'm really ever so sorry but I'm having to drop this RP. DC in general actually. I have been planning to simply kill off/NPC Cassie seeing as I never had time to play her, but now that school's going more drastic action is required.

That does not mean that OTW is gone. Kja is now in charge (Though he appeared to do more running of it than I ever did.) I trust him enough to let him play my characters - he knows them well enough in order to do so without making me feel weird about someone else RPing them.

If at all you need to reach me you can ask him to do so, or I do sometimes actually check my emails, so you can email me if required.

I'm sorry guys, but school is killer. I hope you all continue to enjoy yourselves in OTW (I assume you have been) and good luck!

DS~))

((Ok, DS has officially dropped OTW due to school 'n' censorkip.gif. So this is my show now.

You're all going to die.))

((Will post tommorow. Sleepy and lazy. :3))

((No problem DS, school's important. At least, that's what my folks always used to try get into my head... Aaaanyhow, good luck on all the classes!))

((*looks suspisciously at Kjakings and feels a cold shiver run down her spine*))

(( Tah tah for Now DS. Kja, I look forward to seeing what you have up your sleeves. Cocoalco I believe there are stil NDK slots open, I suggest sending a character sheet to Kja.))

Edited by En'K'Haral

((You do not. My sleeves contain gateways to hell.

Also, there was a red Dwarf marathon on Dave today. Will post tommorow, promise. ^^))

((Oh, and he never ceases to throw nets should I come on to post on what an awesome job you guys are doing and how ticked off I am that I wasted this summer doing adult-things. Like applying for jobs. D|

BUT YES. You all make me proud. I shall poof now before I am netted.

If this is still alive by the time I'm in Texas, I'll attempt to bring Aoi back. Until then~!))

((When will you be in Texas?))

I can do that. Tell me when. Bramble nodded, and crouched down so the NDK could load their stuff onto him. He began slowly charging his energy, drawing small amounts of life energy from the surrounding plants and animals, setting up several devastating spells that he could unleash quickly whilst Drac oversaw the packing of the rest of the NDK. He heard the grumbles they made about him and wished more than ever that Aoi hadn't gone and selfishly gotten himself killed.

Night fell and the NDK were arrayed on the beach, waiting for Drac to move. Reciting the elvish spell, Drac launched a ball of orange light into the air which exploded, momentarily burning the night away entirely and leaving a lasting orange glow in the sky. Now all they could do was wait, and hope the elves reached them before Hyro did.

Kiara strode down the busy corridor making everyone flinch away from her gaze. Dying did not do much to improve her general temper and having that magicless Katelyn censorkip.gif* promoted above her had driven her into a black mood that had already lasted for several days.

When she received the call to mount up because the NDK had been spotted, the grin that cracked her face was just as terrible, if not worse, than her angry glares. Now her anger had a vent where she could indulge all of her sadistic desires.

She walked to the stables and mounted Ebony, as they had been spotted on the coast and Oak didn’t work well in the saturated earth there, using magic to fray Sleet’s saddle’s shoulder straps. Katelyn could get as many as she liked now, but it would take her several hours. If Kiara managed to take out Drac, that was good. If Gelltor managed it, that was better. The little power-struggle between them was a fun game to watch, and she liked entering it as an occasional maverick player.

Amora hissed as the light went off, burning her light-sensitive eyes. She curled her wings about her face protectively, only opening her eyes several minutes after the light faded, making Cassie chide her for being a big baby.

“There’s something coming over the water. I think it’s a dragon… no, several.” Amora mentioned, both to Cassie and Drac. All of the NDK looked towards the horizon and saw there were in fact several dragons approaching, as yet indistinct. After a while the blazing gold and red symbol of Hyro could be seen on their armour, especially on the big black leading the charge.

They could only watch; they were as yet too far away to be effectively fought or to even see who was leading, although it was clearly not Sleet. Cassie found that odd, but thought maybe Drac’s intelligence had been wrong and Katelyn hadn’t been promoted up into Taja’s place.

Edited by Kjakings

((We'll be driving out Saturday, and then I'll be online for two weeks until I'm limited to computer on weekends only. For that reason, I'm still unsure otl))

((*nets Kitt* I WIN.

Bring in Aoi, DOO EET.

Also, DS is making a book version of OTW. We couldn't reach you for either permission or to ask for the use of Aoi. Thoughts?))

((FUUU--

Fine, fine. I need to remember a lot about him, though. otl He may be a little different from before. Herpderp.

Go ahead! I'd love to see him in a book--Icall5%ofthesales

I also have MSN now, if either of you two use it. |Db))

((*demands MSN addie*

My characters are never the same. Drac is far crazier now, as is Hyro. But Hyro is also far more competent and slightly less evil.))

((Alrighttt. Don't get upset if I ask who you are-- I've done it to everyone. otl

As far as I remember, Aoi's calm while Crimson's a wild child.)

((I think I mentioned Crimson somewhere. Some kind of brainwashing 'rehabilitation' centre far underground in a cold small cell.))

((Didn't we also have an elf player? Where did they go?))

Gelltor had received the order to move out and had mounted on Malice and had taken off with the others.

"I thought I saw Kiara sneaking around earlier."

"Really? I thought she was dead."

"Me too, but there she is leading the pack."

Gelltor noticed Katelyn had yet to join them, and looking around asked Malice.

"Where is Katelyn? She is Hyro's second, shouldn’t she be leading this charge."

Malice shrugged not having an answer.

"Suppose Kiara had something to do with it?"

Gelltor shrugged in response, Malice then suggested telepathically to Gelltor that removing the woman might be a good idea.

"No, she may yet prove handy, I was gonna also use her to bring Taja down but since Taja was kind enough to do that herself I may well have been saved a resource. We will see."

Malice rolled his eyes as they closed in on the orange light.

Rio was less then pleased since the light had basically blinded her and Ayos.

"Soooo not cool."

"Not very bright either. He's cute but stupid, surely a more subtle approach could have been used but noooooo we have to make grandiose speeches and super bright orange fireballs over an ocean for all to see. Get spotted for miles and win a prize!! Brought to you personally by Hyro. I swear that boy is gonna get us killed."

Ayos looked up at the reptilian Rio a bit shocked by her sarcasm.

"Down girl, jeeze. Besides do you have a BETTER idea?"

This shut Rio up; she didn't have a better idea, so she quietly loaded her stuff onto Bramble and rubbed his snout affectionately.

"Thanks Bramble."

So far she seemed to be the only one that took a liking to bramble.

After having gotten the news of the NDk's whereabouts, Katelyn had shouted orders to those she passed and ran to her quarters. Coming there, she slammed open the stable doors to Sleet's room and grabbed the saddle of it's holder. Throwing it on Sleet's back, she noticed the state of it. Eyes going wide, she looked around with an angry glare. The ice dragon turned his head and sniffed at the material.

Who was in here? I thought I had given you strict instructions to let nobody enter these quarters!

Nobody came in here! I swear!

Then how the hell can those straps be like this!

Nobody came in here and I didn't do it!

Somebody is after me... I dare bet Gelltor has something to do with it. That man needs a lesson, urgently.

What you going to do now?

Order a couple of saddles on Gelltor's expense and let them be protected by a spell. I have to find someone with magic to help me. As for now?

You have to follow them.

Don't you think I know that? How does it look towards Hyro that his second-in-command isn't in the main attack?

The horse stables, get some of the reins.

Katelyn sped out of her quarters and ran to the horse stables. Grabbing hold of three sets of reins, not even caring who they were from, she ran back. Cutting of the straps of her own saddle, she slipped the reins of the horses through some slits in her saddle and down around Sleet. Correcting the size of the reins, the three straps held the saddle firmly in place. Checking the straps to hold her legs, she was happy to see nothing had happened to those.

This will have to do.

I'll be careful not to make any too sudden moves.

Let's go, we have to make speed.

Equipped with her sword, two daggers and bow and arrows, Katelyn climbed on Sleet and strapped herself securely on the saddle. The ice dragon bounded out of the quarters and up in the air, his broad wings shedding small icicles as he pushed the wind to climb high. Leaning low, Katelyn eyed the sky before them, a furious glare glinting in her eyes. It was long after the others had left that she joined them. The mood of Katelyn had also soured the mood of Sleet and his whole being radiated fiery cold. With every beat of his wings, small icicles appeared on them and fell off and his breath steamed out in a freezing wind. Eyes scanning the group, she caught the eye of Gelltor and shot his ice cold daggers and a promise of repercussions. Seeing Kiara lead them all, she ordered Sleet to fly besides the woman. Glaring down at her, she motioned to the back.

"Back down, b.tch. You guard the back. It's not because Hyro pulled you out of hell that you can take liberties."

Turning in her saddle, she eyed the whole group. Playing like a team had never been their strong point and yet they would have to do so now or there would be no success. Using her sword to point at them, she instructed how to proceed next.

"You two come round from the left and you two from the right, all four to keep them all from escaping over the beach. I want four of you securing the escape route to the forest and three to the sea. Kiara, you circle around the whole place and will be a back up for any who can not proceed. The others are with me. Everybody keeps their places! " Her eyes locked on Gelltor, a look of hatred obvious on her face. She was going to made sure he could not play any tricks and for that, he had to be close.

"Gelltor, no storm from Malice, we need to have a clear view of everything. We are to kill as little as possible and capture as much as possible. Nobody is to call any specific prey, you all are to attack and capture whoever you can." Turning back around, she lifted her sword high in the air and yelled "GO!". Sleet reacted immediately and sped of towards the light, a furious roar escaping his muzzle and icicles raining down below them.

Gelltor and Malice were caught off guard by the enraged glares from Katelyn and Sleet. He was glad to see he didn't need to come up with a plan for her which if it failed minimized the risk of him also getting scolded by Hyro. They then received the order to not make a storm.

"What the heck? Don't make a storm, come on; I could drown these rats with just one well placed tsunami."

"No storm means no storm Malice."

"What am I supposed to do!? Use harsh language?"

It didn't make much sense to Gelltor either, with a good storm they could make the job considerably easier but today orders were orders.

"Is it just me or is there something weird about her saddle? Those don't look like the same straps that are normally used."

Gelltor merely shrugged, he couldn't determine from their present location.

"On top of that did you see those glares? You'd think she was mad at us for something."

Gelltor chuckled at this thought.

"I am sure she has many reasons for being mad at us. But you are right something is definitely up. I will be sure to ask here once we are finished here."

The order to 'go' was given and Malice's expression practically flat lined.

"Go, really? She couldn't use something a little more...awesome?"

"Like what, charge? Heh I think that one is a bit overused."

"Whatever. Oh hey there's Bramble, can I kill him? Please."

Gelltor shook his head in silent answer and instructed Malice to focus on stunning the NDK. Malice flew towards Bramble's location but maintained altitude and was sure not to get too far away from Katelyn. He created a small storm cloud between his paws and from it shot lightning at Bramble and the nearby NDK but did not try and hit them. Because he was still a fair distance his attacks were less accurate then he would have liked.

Rio saw that Hyro's knights had arrived, not everyone in the NDK had fully matured or even adolescent dragons, she couldn't ride Ayos into battle but if they came close to the ground she would be ready for them.

"Ayos think you can whip up an illusion?"

"Yeah I can- heads up!"

Ayos leapt, pushing Rio out of the way of one of Malice's lightning bolts. Several others rained down after the first one. Rio and Ayos were shaken and slightly deafened by the attack. For Rio the world was ringing, very hot, and a bright white with barely identifiable features. There was also a thrumming noise in her head. Before too long she felt something like getting punched by a giant fist as another lightning bolt hit the ground a little distance away and the shockwave tossed her back a few feet.

"Ayos? I can't see or hear anything. Ayos!?"

Claws dug into her shoulders and she felt like she was being dragged. Ayos had cast the illusion and as a result several illusionary fully grown dragons and riders flew towards Katelyn's forces. Ayos was now busy with dragging Rio away from Malice's attack area.

Getting caught in the illusions, Sleet shifted and turned in the air. The reins holding the saddle held fast and Katelyn felt herself pulled tight against the back of Sleet, while he crashed hind paws first into the first 'dragon'. As they flew just through it instead of crashing against it, Katelyn was quick on the uptake. Sleet quickly confirmed her suspicion as there was no scent emanating from these creatures.

They're just illusions. Probably the only mature dragon is Bramble.

It's only a question how real these illusions can become.

The moment theyr sprout real claws, you can have them. For now, down!

"Ignore the mature dragons, focus on the NDK!", Katelyn yelled around. Sleet was still turning in the air and after making half a summer-sault, he dove headfirst to the group of NDK. Ice cold steam streamed from his nostrils and as he flung out his wings to recapute the wind instead of crashing to earth, large icicles dropped down towards those on the ground. Flying right above the sand, the movement made sand whip up. Reaching the edge of the water, Sleet scimmed the tip of his right wing along the water, making small waves. At the same time, he let out a deep breath and froze the waves in place. It would not hold anyone who wanted to reach the water, but it surely would slow them down. Turning around again, Katelyn had in the meanwhile swapped her sword for her bow. As Sleet once more made a swipe over the sand, she let several arrows fly. It was not easy to aim with everybody running around like wild cattle, but she was sure to aim for the legs in order to hurt but not kill. As they reached the edge of the forest again, Sleet flew up and around, facing the fighting scene.

Where is Drac?

You really want to fight him? He's powerful.

I know...

"Kiara, to me!" Waiting for the woman and her dragon to come near, she eyed Gelltor once more. Yes, repercussions would be given. Finally spotting Kiara, she called out.

"You are to handle Drac. I am well aware I can not take him, but you might. Do NOT kill him, only stun him. That is an order. If you kill him, I'm sure Hyro will have other plans with you than pull you out of hell again. Find him!" Sleet kept hovering above the edge of the forest while Katelyn oversaw the action.

((Ack, no time to post for Matthew... have to run. Will post Saturday or Sunday for him.))

Kiara nodded at Katelyn, suppressing the urge to make some kind of barbed comment. She was getting her shot at Stormwind, and she owed him one death. Kiara so hated to be in debt.

Ebony dived towards the beach, straight at the boy. Kiara grinned as she imagined the look of pure horror on his face as the massive black dragon hurtled down and slammed through him with sudden force. He would watch as the rest of ‘his’ people were destroyed. Her musings were cut short as a sudden pain shot through her.

Drac became very annoyed when he saw Ebony and Kiara. Not angry, just annoyed. At this point it was very difficult to be angry at anything his father did. When you’re the son of a dictator necromancer, you become jaded very quickly. Why won’t anybody just DIE? He thought, a little loudly, as he raised his crossbow and fired. The bolt turned a sterling silver midair and struck Ebony through the breast, going straight through his heart and out the other side.

Drac holstered his crossbow and drew the spear he had acquired in his escape, using a combination of extreme willpower and magic to launch himself up and onto the dying dragon’s head. Drac rolled and ran straight along, giving Kiara a nice taste of his gauntleted fist along the way, and launched himself off the black’s tail and onto another dragon, this one a magi, and speared the rider through and firing a bolt of ice magic into the soft spot at the back of its head.

Ebony spiralled towards the ground, dying, and despite the pain spiking through her body she leant forwards and patted Ebony on the cheek, spending wordless thoughts of affection and love to the black as he breathed his last and they plunged into the icy depths together.

Bramble roared and launched into the air, sending off a massive spell that ripped through the air and struck a guardian full force, completely erasing it. A Nocturne caught the edge of the blast and it ripped its wing off, making the Nocturne turn to stone in an attempt to escape from the pain; unfortunately, this only plunged it and its rider into the depths of the ocean with high speed. A Summer dragon also caught the bottom edge of the blast, erasing its head down to about halfway through the neck.

Bramble soared above the cloud cover and span through it, Darkfire streaming from his mouth and leaving trails behind him along with the cloud as he tackled Malice from above, trying to swipe at Gelltor.

Cassie wished she had pushed Drac for those magic lessons as she cast rapid-fire orbs of magic at the overhead dragons, one managing to crush a dragon’s breastbone which made it lose all control of its wings and crash into the beach, throwing up a great furrow of sand and dirt as it coughed blood and mewled its pain like a giant death-machine kitten.

“I’m going to help Bramble!” Amora announced and was off before Cassie could provide an objection. Malice was an evil dragon, known for cruelty and hate and destruction. He would crush the pink hatchling between his jaws without a second thought. But she had gone, and was already clawing at Malice’s eyes.

Edited by Kjakings

"Why the heck couldn't he be this good when we were working together!?"

Malice exclaimed when Bramble struck his side. Gelltor barely ducked the swipe made at him the claws glancing off his strong shield in retaliation he drew his sword and slashed at Bramble.

"Good question. Hey Bramble, you know Taja is lost because of you, because you weren't at top game all the time like you should have been."

"Down."

Malice roared as Cassie made her futile attack and swatted her away and made to dive for the ocean.

The world came flooding back to Rio first in color then in sound as the ringing and blindness passed. She spotted Katelyn in the sky above the forest. Linking in with Ayos she drew on his telepathy spell and picked out several red gems that would explode in fire on command, using the telepathy she sent seven of them in a scattered pattern through the air towards Katelyn to explode when they reached her. As a result the illusions immediately vanished not that it made much difference.

Seeing so many of their force getting destroyed by both Drac and Bramble, Katelyn bit back a curse.

That Bramble isn't half trained.

He would have been a real asset. I wonder if we could try to turn him back.

You think Hyro'd tolerate him? You saw Taja wanted to kill Bramble.

True, but we have to try at least. If Hyro wants to dismiss him, that's his call.

As long as Bramble is out of the fight now, right?

Right.

You're starting to think like Gelltor.

Not replying, Katelyn just took a tight hold of her sword. Just as Sleet wanted to fly up to Bramble, fire sprouted before their eyes. Sleet let out a roar and Katelyn grabbed at her left arm. Eyes closing against the bright light, she ordered Sleet to angle back to the forest. Not able to see, she pushed and prodded at her left arm, but could not feel any harm. Cries and roars sounded all around them and it took her far too long for her vision to return. And when it did, she saw Seet had been hit by one of the fireballs, or whatever it had been. A large scorchmark showed on his wing, just above his left shoulder. Turning his head, the ice dragon breathed on it, cooling the burn. Growling, his eyes locked on the one who had thrown those things at them, but as he wanted to dive down to them, Katelyn stopped him.

Not now, there are more pressing matters.

I want them!

I know, I promise that if they end up in prison, you can have some time with them. Now up to Bramble.

Sleet roared again and pranced in the air like a horse, large icicles streaming down from him and ending up down on the ground. But he did angle himself towards Bramble and Malice. Ordering Sleet to keep a distance, Katelyn kept her eyes on the air and ground around them to prevent getting caught in another surprise attack. Having magic seemed like such a handy feature at this moment. Locking thoughts tightly with Sleet, she tried to contact Bramble.

Bramble, this is Katelyn. I ask you to hear me out.

I ask you to stop fighting us. You are one of us, you belong with us.

Help us, Bramble. And you will gain great status with Hyro.

Sleet kept hovering in the near distance of Bramble and Malice, his concentration divided between not getting hit and speaking to Bramble.

+++++++

In the meanwhile Matthew had been caught up in it all as well. Running through the masses, he cursed himself for his lack of magic as well. Grabbing hold of a broad branch, he used it as a sword. Running up to the beach, he had just been in time to see the waves freeze into ice. Eyes straining, he wondered if the elves were near and if they would help. Turning around again, he spotted Drac, getting rid of several dragons as if they were just flies to be swatted away. The power of the man combined with his odd way of thinking scared Matthew. As a large Coastal Waverunner crashed to the beach,he ran over to it. Club in hand, he dived and ducked between the clusters of people, seeing Questra bound along besides him. Arriving at the dragon, he saw it's rider had an arrow piercing his neck. Though often a dragon died when its rider died, there were some cases this was not so. Swinging his club, ducking and parrying, he fought the weakened dragon. Its sharp wings slashed at both him and Questra and it was a difficult fight for both parties. The sand made movements difficult, but eventually the dragon was weakened enough for Matthew to kill it with a well aimed blow between the eyes. Looking around, he spotted Rio and ran up to her.

"The elves won't come! Drac is strong, but we can not keep this up!"

Edited by BlackScorpion7

((I'd like to join, if changes need to be made to my sheet I will gladly make them.))

Username: talyhawk

Side: NDK (if spots are open for it otherwise Hyro)

Name: Ryoka Nightblade

Race: Elf

Appearance: user posted image

Personality: To those that don't know her Ryoka comes across as being a cold calculated woman who only thinks about getting the job done. In reality Ryoka cares more about her comrades than herself. She won't hesitate to tell you what is on her mind and can be very blunt at times. Overall she is a kind person, but knows very well how cruel life can be.

Other: Like most Elves Ryoka knows how to use natural magics and shows a high respect for nature. Ryoka specializes in wind magic, but prefers hand to hand combat.

Dragon’s name: Revy

Dragon’s age: Adult

Dragon’s gender: Female

Dragon’s race (DC Only please): Alt Black

Appearance: Revy is slightly bigger than most black dragons.

Personality: Revy loves battle her blood seems to boil at the first sign of trouble. Despite her love of battle Revy becomes very protective of Ryoka when she is in trouble.

Other: Revy doesn't consider Ryoka just her rider, but also her family.