hornpipe2

Egg Drop Soup

I'm also getting the no views for my five character eggs/hatchies, although the proper sprite is visible when I add my scroll.

Has anyone commented yet that four leetle trees are being ERed on EDS? Kinda useless since they're frozen and don't gain views...

The dragon listing when you add is based on the information DC sends to EDS, so it makes sense for that part to be right. However, the database only allows four characters to be stored in the database per dragon -- this is what caused all the problems for all of the sites when it first came out. When the manage option is used, it calls EDS' database, not DC's API, so all it sees is the allowed four characters which were saved, and has no way to know that an unexpected and (according to former standards) unacceptable/non-existent fifth character was cut off.

That same problem is presumably also why trees are turning up, though why they're not being kicked out again when the cleaner runs, I'm not sure... There are several different options for that, all of which would work perfectly if not for this unexpected code length change.

The long and short of it is: Until hornpipe updates the database's length limit, nothing with five characters will work. They will not even be added, despite the confirmation screen claiming they were.

The inbred checker doesn't work for 5 character codes either. I get:

Validation Results

INPUT ERROR: Q**** does not appear to be a valid code. Return to the tools page and try your entry again.

Offspring Check

VALIDATION SKIPPED: Offspring were not checked because of previous Input Errors.

This is going to be a tad bit frustrating. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

The inbred checker doesn't work for 5 character codes either. I get:

This is going to be a tad bit frustrating. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

That's the same message I get when I try to check the new 5 character code, but you can put the 5 character eggs and hatchies in EDS's hatchery

...but you can put the 5 character eggs and hatchies in EDS's hatchery

No you can't. It says it saves them, but it really doesn't -- only the first 4 characters. Go to "Manage Scroll" after adding, and you'll see.

ok, if that's true, then how come both my 4 character and 5 character coded eggs have

all hatched fine? In fact my 5 character code eggs hatched with a lot fewer views than my 4 character codes.

I've used the same three hatcheries since I stopped using EATW, and have had no problems. I haven't lost a single egg. With EATW (or what ever it's called), I was having all of my eggs die. When I stopped using them, I never lost another egg. My eggs were getting too many views using EATW.

ok, if that's true, then how come both my 4 character and 5 character coded eggs have

all hatched fine? In fact my 5 character code eggs hatched with a lot fewer views than my 4 character codes.

I've used the same three hatcheries since I stopped using EATW, and have had no problems. I haven't lost a single egg. With EATW (or what ever it's called), I was having all of my eggs die. When I stopped using them, I never lost another egg. My eggs were getting too many views using EATW.

If they all hatched fine, then it's quite possible that you don't need EDS to get them to hatch. And if you're 5c one hatched with a lot less than your 4c ones, that's because it cuts off the last character--I've tried it, and it does that to all of my 5c eggs. :|

ok, next time I put eggs in hatcheries, I'll only use two and leave EDS off, and see how that works.

I only have 4 currently on EDS - my last set of the 4 coders, but my 5 coders are doing pretty well on DCF and DDF. I only pop my babies on EATW before they hatch and before they turn into adults.

Edited by Divo

EDS is currently down (or at least it is for me) so may be when it comes back up it will work with the 5-digit codes.

Yep, down for me too so let us hope hornpipe is updating!

Not a word since the site started getting weird a while ago - it was fixed - but no hornpipe2. I PMd at that point, and no response....

Not a word since the site started getting weird a while ago - it was fixed - but no hornpipe2. I PMd at that point, and no response....

OK, worried is starting to shift over toward slightly panicky.

It shouldn't take this long to get internet back into a disaster area, should it?

EDS is back up but the 5-digit codes still aren't working right when you check managing the scroll.

It shouldn't take this long to get internet back into a disaster area, should it?

Don't know what disaster you are talking about, but, yes, it can take a lonnnngggg time.

I like this site,fun and easy clicking and viewing. Though the egg frop soup link doesn't work,only the kennedy one so they should remove that. And everytime I see a Leetle I say "Leetle leetle" in a squeaky voice xd.png

Don't know what disaster you are talking about, but, yes, it can take a lonnnngggg time.

Copy-pasted this from a couple of my posts some pages back - why I'd like to hear from hornpipe2 that everything's OK with them, it's just internet issues...

I've just looked this up, and Conway is apparently in Faulkner County, among 8 Arkansas Counties listed by FEMA as a disaster area due to storms, tornadoes and flooding, so let's all send good wishes and hope only the EDS server was affected...

Apparently THIS happened in Arkansas!

http://abcnews.go.com/US/tornadoes-storms-...ory?id=13474955

I hope it's just Internet issues preventing posting...

Only of course the old link no longer works...

This is awesome (: I'll be using this.

I leave it up on my browser for a while everyday ^^

I've been noticing something about your site lately. Fairly often the codes for the hatchlings/eggs is incorrect. It will ADD the eggs/hatchlings correctly, but in the "manage me" option, about half the dragons it lists are incorrect.

For instance, my eggs included:

iBXg7

VkmDQ

nl34Q

itqMo

6VEDM

vsLkZ

l8R5B

klR7

aJaK

When I went to the "manage me" screen, however, here is what it listed as removable:

aJaK

klR7

l8R5

vsLk

6VED

itqM

nl34

VkmD

iBXg

Most of those dragons are adults, and not even mine. It appears to be cutting off the last character of the 5 character dragons.

It's getting to the point where I no longer can use your site. Sometimes I will fog a dragon because it is sick, or because I want to have it hatch at a specific time (as with the sunrise/sunset dragons), but I am unable to remove it from your site.

I've been noticing something about your site lately. Fairly often the codes for the hatchlings/eggs is incorrect. It will ADD the eggs/hatchlings correctly, but in the "manage me" option, about half the dragons it lists are incorrect.

The programming hasn't been done to allow for the new 5 character codes. If you read a few posts back you can see what the possible reason for that is. Until hornpipe2 reappears we won't know when the programming will occur.

Yea as soon as my last 4 coder grows up, Im going to drop EDS from my hatchery bookmarks until something is done about the 5 codes on the site. I do hope Hornpipe is all right, but it is more likely that s/he are focusing on more important things, since s/he was going through a disaster a while back, than rather on some silly things like pictures of dragons.

they are there because people who used their 5 coder eggs on the site dont realize that the site isnt updated to take 5 coder eggs so the result is appearances of 4 coder adults and special items in the hatchery with the "fifth" code cut off.

Example : you put in a gold egg with DiVo1 on EDS.. you dont check the "manage me" part and thinking everything is dandy!

Result: The 4 coder only hatchery shows a leetle tree with the code DiVo and your DiVo1 gold egg isnt getting views from EDS.

Hope that is clear

I like this site. It's simple to use and I've been using this site for quite a while now without ever having lost an egg. Definitely, a site I'll recommend to people wanting more views on their eggs.