hornpipe2

Egg Drop Soup

I like this site. It's simple to use and I've been using this site for quite a while now without ever having lost an egg. Definitely, a site I'll recommend to people wanting more views on their eggs.

I wouldn't recommend it until it is fixed if I were you.... It is excellent - but currently effectively down.

Yep im with fuzzbucket - i would not recommend EDS until hornpipe returns and let us know that EDS has been fixed and set to accept 5 coder eggs and hatchlings. It is only currently coded to accept 4 coders. It looks like it accepts 5 coders, but actually omits the fifth character from the code. The hatchery looks like its a retirement home now - its nearly full of 4 coder adults and the top row is full of leetle trees which does not need views. There are more adults than hatchlings now.

Ah, well, this explains why there are dozens of adult dragons there and why my eggs haven't gotten any extra views! xd.png

Good to know I'm not just going crazy and imagining things.

This is interesting, I did a mouseover and they're all different trees!

user posted image

listed some of them below, but there's just too many

I looked at the dragons and there seems to be one legitimate egg on there. All the hatchlings are frozen. It would be terrible to see this site go; it's been around for a long time. I hope the site owner is okay though.

I'm sure he is, otherwise the server would have been shut down due to lack of payment. Looks just like he isn't active in DC any more and he missed the email from TJ09 relating the 5 diggit codes.

Still alive, no disasters at all here, just haven't had time to look at the EDS code. Got a new 2-month-old baby (who is a disaster in his own right!)

I did get an email about the 5-letter codes. ... seriously considering open-sourcing the EDS code again.

EDIT: site's fixed, 5 letter codes supported, leetle trees now properly cleared out of the rotation. Oh and 5 letter words off the Scrabble dictionary now checkable in the stats. (Switched from OWL2 to OSPD4 too, which takes out "offensive" words and some trademarks)

Inbred check still not working.

Edited by hornpipe2

Welcome back hornpipe2, congrats on your new baby biggrin.gif Glad you are alright!!

Thanks so much for doing the programming for 5 character codes.

Yay! Welcome back... and congrats on the new baby biggrin.gif . You do realize that your life is no longer your own, right?

Welcome back, Hornpipe and congratulations on the new baby. Glad to see that EDS is working properly once again and thank you for your time with the hatchery. EDS is one of my favorites and I would hate to see it go down!

@ hornpipe2 - Glad to see you back and the site working again. I am happy that the rumors of disaster were [mostly] mistaken!

Congrats on the new baby, you will always look back on this time and smile no matter how hard it is now smile.gif

YAAY!

*glomps hornpipe* congrats tongue.gif

*glomps EDS* biggrin.gif

EDIT: you might want to fix the banners. it says I'm locked but i'm not <.<

Edited by dracocharky

Very glad to see that the site is back to normal. smile.gif

Congrats and good luck, hornpipe!

The site seems to be down again. sad.gif

hornpipe2 seems to still have vested interest in the site...so all is good. No need to fear...I am hoping.