picknick10

Dragons VS Humans, The Great war.

((Dunno to be honest I am starting to run short on ideas as well...a good sign that its time for lunch happy.gif))

The pair flew easily on the wind. Ayos did enjoy going fast but beakneck speeds weren't always a must. As they flew he spotted a canyon below them. He stared at if for a time and saw the many switchbacks and tight turns. He had never flown in a spot like that before.

"Hey Fern. I bet you can't fly as fast as me in that canyon."

The challenge was issued. He would fly in it even if Fern didn't. He dived down towards the canyon. It had been days since the last time he challanged himself like this.

((Race race race!!! Canyon can be whatever you want to make of it happy.gif))

Fern flew into the canyon and flew as fast as she could. She was about to pass Ayos when...

((You can finish the sentence. And no, she is not going the speed of sound. My mom isn't up yet, and it's 12:32 xd.png))

((Ok...Malice came out of apparently no where and attacked-no no I am just kidding xd.png))

Ayos created a massive updraft to mess up Fern's flying so that he could get ahead. He banked sharply to level out as he began to fly down the path. The first obstical was an 'S' turn that was rather broad. Ayos navigated this with no difficulty at all. He looked back to check on Fern's progress.

Edited by En'K'Haral

Fern was right behind Ayos. She started weaving through the air currents so she would confuse Ayos and get ahead of him.

((Time to wake up my mom))

Ayos was passed by Fern. He was impressed by the ragon's speed. He created a blast of wind to boost his own speed. The next obstical was a crumbling overpass. Ayos was behind Fern but got ready to fly beneath it. He began to lower his altitude to pick up speed.

This time, to get over the overpass, Fern flew sharply up until she was over it. she then flew down in front of it, still flying.

((I needed to give Ayos a chance, so it had to be short))

The overpass came down and almost fell on top of Ayos but he flew out froom the dust and made the turn.

"Not very daring are you?"

He shouted teasing Fern. He took off again this time for a switchback turn.

He navigated the narrow pass. The pass was just wide enough to permit his passage.

Ayos had managed to get past Fern. She quickly followed him like a black and rainbow toy tied to his tail.

Arumat's expression still didn't change. In all reality, it usually never did. He took his quarterstaff from the horse's saddle. He quietly walked towards Slytha. "You have some guts. Would be a shame to spill them." he said with a sigh.

Ayos got ahead of Fern but she seemed to be following him closely.

"Tsk slip-streeming are we?"

He created a massive downdraft that impacted like a giant fist to the back.

Ayos waited untill the last second before floding his wings to minimize the effect.

He rode the winds down and out, effectively doubling his speed. The canyon turned suddenly and he banked barely makeing the turn.

((I don't know what a downdraft would do so...))

Fern flew up to avoid the downdraft. she got higher and higher, but she still maintained her distance from Ayos. She then did something she had never done before: stooping at an angle. It was slower than 275mph, but it was enough to overcome a dragon bigger than herself, at least, that's what she thought. She turned while still in her stoop, going along the canyon.

((When peregrine falcons stoop they reach speeds of over 200mph, and I read in a book that it was around 275mph. Look on Wikipedia. Anyway, Fern probably learned to stoop by watching a peregrine falcon in the city. They can live in the city, and they actually do nest there sometimes))

Edited by 48844

((A down draft is basically a gale wind heading to the ground. It is created by a drop in temperature. It is the opposite of an updraft))

Ayos was travelling at about the same speed as Fern now. They were neck in neck tearing down the Canyon.

"You can do better then that. Small nimble creature like you."

He flapped his wings a coouple of times before he went back to drifting on gale force winds ripping through the Canyon. It was time to get daring. He clashed up and down drafts behind him combined with the confined Canyons the winds became extrodinarily violent reaching speeds of 300mph and spiralling. He figured it would not get him ahead but maybe make things onconfortable for Fern's taste.

He angled his wings to catch the wind like sails and tore off winding through the passage. He shouted back to Fern.

"Keep up"

He almost collided with the wall a couple of times but was able to keep his balance.

((I have to go shall we continue the race later?))

Edited by En'K'Haral

Fern did the same thing as Ayos, but only so she could enjoy this bumpy ride to the fullest. "Whoo-hooo," shouted Fern, hot on Ayos' tail. She was definitely having fun. She rode the winds up and over Ayos, taking the lead.

((Yup, Fern is definitely not normal for her breed. I have two Dorkfaces, one is an adult black dragon and the other is his white egg))

Arumat's expression still didn't change. In all reality, it usually never did. He took his quarterstaff from the horse's saddle. He quietly walked towards Slytha. "You have some guts. Would be a shame to spill them." he said with a sigh.

Slytha turned to the side and put one foot behind the other in a fighting stance. "Threats don't scare me." She narrowed her eyes."I've killed many humans, you will be no diffrent." She growled softly.

Scarlet sighed softly. Slytha is fighting that human from before. I dought it will end well.

Edited by snowdragon10

((lol, I'd get stage fright and die but congrats :3))

Arumat tilted his head slightly to the side. A strange look appeared on his face, not quite a smile but something that looked innocent. However, it was one of those smiles that gave you shiver and made you paranoid about what they're thinking about. He hadn't lifted his quarterstaff to defend or attack. It remained on the ground leaving him open. "Come on then, I'm sure you'll have no trouble at all" he said passively, beckoning her with his hand.

Slytha rolled her eyes. "Oh sure. Go wherever the human tells you to." She narrowed her eyes. "No. What ever reason you are here, I dought you aren't here to help me. Your here to kidnap me or something as foolish." She didn't relax her fighting stance. "So no, and I'm not going to let you take me." Alive. She growled softly. "Now go away. Before you bite off more than you can chew."

Edited by snowdragon10

((....uh...whoops...I actually forgot about that... ^^''...))

"So you will run? I expected more from a dragon. I thought you might be more lively than that other dragon I dragged into town. Perhaps all slaves are like that" he said, leaning on the quarterstaff lightly. He yawned faintly. "I don't know why I bothered with a weak target." he said blandly.

Slytha growled softly. Stay calm. He's trying to get you to attack. Don't fall for a trick as obvious as that. She stayed where she was. "You aren't the first to call me weak either. I never said I would run. If you had any intelligence at all, *you* would be the one running."

Are you ignoring me now, Albel?

Edited by snowdragon10

She can fend for herself Albel muttered darkly.

"I bet I'm not" he said in almost a mocking way at hearing she'd been called weak before. "That other dragon, what a coward. Begging for its little life. It came back to town with its tail between its legs like any slave does."

Slytha narrowed her eyes. Stay calm, stay calm. Don't let some human get the better of you. She still couldn't keep from growling. "Hmpf. If you don't have the guts to fight then I'm not wasting my time here." She quickly glanced back towards Rika's place. She looked back at the human and slipped under a lowhanging branch behind her. "You better hope you don't met me again." She called over her shoulder as she walked into a denser part of the forest. If he wants to fight. It will be on my terms. She didn't relax her grip on her sword. He will come after me, I'm sure of it.

Edited by snowdragon10

((user posted image

there))

Arumat just made a small, "Heh" and watched her walk off. He figured he would just follow her to see where she was hiding. It would make things much easier to manage later. He climbed onto his horse and trailed behind her, out of sight.

Albel didn't bother to turn the lights on. Though it was daylight out, it seemed like night time in the dark house.

Edited by Sai

Slytha quickly glanced behind herself after walking for a few minutes. He's not following? Hm.. Maybe I was wrong. What a croward. She relaxed and walked to Rika's house. She glanced for side to side before entering the clearing. Maybe I'm just paraniod. She laughed softly and walked though the clearing and opened the door.

It was pitch black inside. She waited for her eyes to adjust before looking around. Gah. I still can barely see anything. She looked around, only see faint outlines of everything. How do you turn on the lights? Guess this is what I get for not paying attention. She walked inside and held her hands out infront of her. "Albel, are you here? I can't see a thing."

Edited by snowdragon10

((Uh...*points to last post* yeah...whipped that up in about 5 minutes but it still looks pretty good xd.png))

"Light switch is on the left, Fool" he growled from the couch. His fur was still a bit damp from washing all the blood off. As the day went on, he seemed to be getting only more and more aggravated.

Arumat stopped at the clearing, seeing the house. It's highly doubtable she lives alone in that he thought.

Slytha rolled her eyes and walked to the light switch. She flipped it on. "For the like 5th time. That. Is. Not. My. Name." She sighed softly and glanced at him. "Your still mad at me..."

Edited by snowdragon10