picknick10

Dragons VS Humans, The Great war.

She actually raised his voice and stamped his foot. "Because it means I would have to exparament on other live dragons! As in take more lives to find you stupid cure! And besides that they probably changed the code for it so a cure for it wouldn't work against the latest batch of super soldiers so I would just be wasting lives for no reason. I'm not a scientist that can work without taking lives, so I chose not to do it!"

Jason flies to another grey dragon and makes a slashing motion with his foot talons and lunges to make a bite to his neck then roars to the Overseer and flies toward him and lunged to make a bite on his neck "Let's see if I can kill a guardian!" Jason says as he continues to lunge at the Overseer on intent to kill

((I think the battle's over, Knight. And also, the overseer was on Gridania's side, not THEM. But if Jason was on THEM's side then I guess I that's okay.))

Danielle got pounced by Sapphire and proceeded to try rolling herself along with Sapphire to try to get her off or get on top of her and bat her paws playfully at her. Androcles tried to swing his paws at Kylie, but the balloon hatchling dodged each 'attack' by tilting her upper body in various directions. Then she swung her tail at Androcles hard, but not too hard to hurt him, and knocked him down to the side. Kylie smiled smugly at the copper hatchling lying on the ground.

Jaden was having trouble walking at first, but his daddy Fayt was there to lend him a helping hand. Minerva looked at Kayla and greeted with a loving smile, "Helllo there, little one!" It was after that moment that Nell woked up too.

((I don't know if Minerva already talked to her or not.))

((I browse it relatively frequently amongst others including Red's as well and whoever else I can find. A lot of the work put up is very good and I enjoy viewing it. I noticed some of the stuff up there is written material, I was considering starting my own if written work was welcome as well. I wouldn't mind trying my hand at writing stuff. But I'm not entirely sure if DA is the place for that since most of the stuff up there is imagry.))

"Naturally if you would rather just get some rest that's fine too." Gal said feeling a bit uneasy at Laura's silence. He continued to lead them on home quietly figuring nothing that he could say would make the awkward silence any less awkward. So he just left it alone and would let things just play out. What was the worst that could happen? Course last time he thought that his teacher got deep fried by a super teed-off magi dragon, or so everyone said.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Better than a cement basement floor." Ayos said laughing a bit as he spoke. "Gotta tell you, cement chafes something fierce." Ayos had begun to feel he could be a little more light hearted about the dragon's predicament during the slavery with Meracle. To him it was officially a thing of the past even if others didn't feel that way. He cruised on the air current and he felt glad to be back in the air, more so now that he also had company.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm back Erin...Erin?" Erin had stepped out while Brian was gone in order to explore windfall. Tackeorn had already gone home as well. It certainly looked all that it was said to be according to intelligence.

((Sai if you would be so kind as to fill in the big blank of what Erin see's I would greatly appreciate it. You are also welcome to take a few liberaties with her and move her about and interact as you see fit for a post if you would like too happy.gif If not I can do it myself but you know Windfall best.

She tends to be pleasent and easy to get along with. Earl is pretty much the only person that can really tick her off.))

Sapphire giggled furiously as she and Danielle rolled around but eventually they came to a stop with Danielle on top. Sapphire shielded her self from Danielle's batting paws and kicked up with her hind legs to try and force Danielle off as they played.

Edited by En'K'Haral

Laura spoke then, cautiously and as if she was picking her words carefully. "No it's fine...It's...My first time...That's....all" She was following Gal glancing around at the trees.

(Don't think so Red)

Kayla turned her eyes to her mother, she wasn't sure exactly what she felt about her but she knew she was safe with her. "ib-ih" she attemped again, frowning slightly. "Wark!" she managed to get out. Her ear flicked, that wasn't right either. She decided to try a different word. "Li-tell" she said out loud, not sure if she was getting it right. She wasn't sure what the words meant, but she had said it toward her, so maybe that was what she was called. "Litell wark!" she said, trying to form her first sentence from the two words she had absorbed.

"...Ah." Galamoanro said as they came out from the forest into the opening that was his front yard. "I see...well....yeah...not alone on that." The civil servant's opened the door for them. "Why don't all of you guys go dormant in the catacombs for the rest of the day." "Sir?" "And be sure to tell the others as well. Including those that curently hold jobs in Windfall when they get back. I will wake you if your needed." The skeleton nodded and went off to inform the others before heading to the two tomb like areas that flanked the front entrance. "That should afford us some privacy." Gal said as he continued on inside heading for their chambers.

Laura followed slowly. She wasn't sure what her feelings were. They changed every moment she tried to open her mouth and say something. Eventually she said "Well...Lets do it then..."

(Timeskip?)

((Of course. I was thinking of having them start again in the library. Any imput?))

Laura was curently resting, a book in front of her, in the library. She was happy, and she couldn't ask for more. "We haven't seen the others in a while have we? I don't think I remember seeing Minerva after the empricon were defeated. Nothing wrong with that, I just wonder if they are as happy as we are..."

"Your right we haven't seen her in a long while." Gal was leaning back in a chair at one of the tables that lined the library rim. He held a book in hand and had four others stacked nearby. "It would be nice to see her and Fayte again. We should probably pay them a visit, course I guess we would have to find them first." He said laughing as he let the book rest agains his knee. "What do you think? Should we go looking for her?" He asked Laura looking over to her and her book.

Laura opened her eyes and turned her face to gaze at Gal. She smiled and said "Well, we're only sitting here reading. It's not like we're interputing something important. I believe we already did that earlier" she chuckelled slightly before standing up. Streaching like a kit, she returned her view to Gal. "So, where should we look first?"

"Yes, I am looking for them." - said Rina to Cantarella. Then, after Aeolus's words and Richard's note, she said: "If so... Now, I have to ask you a question: have you seen any dragon with their middle wing membrane being 'perfectly cut'? This is one of the signs of our clan. Every dragon of the clan have these." - with these words she spread one of her wings: she did have a 'cut' on wing's middle membrane.

Richard, upon hearing that Aeolus is the creator of the spell, looked at him in respect. Then he looked at Rina's wing, then shook his head in answer.

"These were the latest batch" Woltar rolled his eyes. "We can figure it out on our own. I thought you'd be more noble than this, but obviously I was wrong. I can see why your daughter turned out the way she did" he said, motioning to the guard. "Take him back to his cell. Just let him rot away" he said. The magi stepped up, shoving Shat in the walking direction. Now he just felt Shat was making excuses. Serums didn't kill people, they cured them. "I don't know what kind of testing YOU were doing, but here our serums save people, not kill them" he continued.

((Fill in what he sees? Well I'll try lol))

Windfall had expanded into an enormous city ((like New York really in size)). People and dragons came to and from. Peddlers filled the gaps here and there, some playing cheery music. The roads were made of cobblestone. Cars no longer filled the roads due to the population. People preferred dragons and horses instead for transportation. Stores thrived of all kinds. Different smells filled the air, especially the smell of fresh pastries from Lydia's bakery. Buildings were all of stone-like materials, yet with a sleek modern look. The colors were all light to make the town look happy and flowers decorated building gardens. The town square had expanded in size, now able to hold thousands of people. The fountain remained in tact while the rest of the square had turned into the outdoor market.

Meracle sighed at his words. "Yeah we all had troubles. At least Albel kept dragon and humans alike at bay for hybrids. Made life a little easier though someone was always picking fights" she looked down at the clouds around her. "At least it's better now"

Shat turned and shoved the magi right back. "I can walk, and don't think just because I'm not resisting arrest doesn't mean I couldn't." He turned and headed toward the cell. "I'm so sorry Woltar, but I'm not you am I? I was taught differently. Believe what you want, but unless you take a life the serum will not yeild to you."

(I mean it.)

"Take a life?" Woltar made a bark of laughter. "You've already done that. Those soldiers are wounded and dying because of the virus YOU created. Their life is over whether we make a serum or not. I prefer to put that sacrifice to the better so no other dragons have to suffer for your creation. The way you were raised is not an excuse, Shat. Your daughter held hostage is not a excuse either. You chose to help create that serum and you chose to inject it" while Woltar was generally nice, he didn't take bull**** or excuses from others. He didn't like the thought of the serum killing the soldier, but that was inevitable anyways from the battle. With all it's protective scales flaking off, the soldier had taken the blunt of all attacks.

Edited by Sai

Summer

"I'm afraid we haven't come across any dragons like that, ma'am. I'm sorry we couldn't be of any help," said Aeolus.

Winter

Danielle got kicked off of Sapphire. "Rarrrr!" Androcles let out a juvenile roar as he tried to tackle Kylie, but the balloon cousin tilted her body to the side and dodged the copper hatchling. "You're going to have to do better than that, Andy," said Kylie.

Minerva saw Kayla trying to talk as she said some gibberish words. It sounds like she was trying to say she wanted to walk too. Minerva looked at Fayt and said, "Um Fayt, I think Kayla wants to walk too."

Edited by Red Dragonette

((Many thanks Sai happy.gif))

"Much better now." Ayos said drifting on the current. "So the doctor is an aquiantence. It was nice of him to help Akuma free of charge." Ayos said cheerily. He watched the buildings of Windfall pass under them making it seem like it was the word that was moving and they were standing well...floating still.

On her way home from seeing the city Erin took it apon herself to visit Lydia's bakery. She walked in somewhat reservedly as she looked about.She saw freshly baked cruissants felt her mouth start to water. "I don't see why I shouldn't treat myself. Excuse me can I get a dozen cruiossants." Although she initially thought about only getting one she figured she would want more later and so would Brian. Although he was more into sweets she knew he appreciated good pastries as well.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Earl finished another batch but still had a long way to go. "Alright Oglor I'll take that tea now." A blanket was plopped sstill folded on the necromancer's face. As he struggled to get it off something hard hit him on the head and he passed out. "Hope I didn't hit him too hard." Sylvette siad a little worried, but she couldn't deny that she felt a level of pleasure hitting the man. It was like a kind of revenge for calling her Oglor all the time, like she was some kind of mindless henchman. "Boss, your getting rest wether you like it or not. You can have tea when you wake up." She said cheerily to the uncounciouse Earl who lay there with a partially folded blanket on his face surounded by bodies. Sylvette marched off to get some rest for herself as well.

((Summery

Earl: "Alright it' tea time."

Fwumph! "What the!?" Whok! x.x

Sylvette: "Selfish jerk."))

Sapphire stood up and saw Andy having trouble pinning down Kylie Sapphire decided to help her brother and lept at Kylie as well. "Yaaaaa!!!" She had totally ignored Danielle after she kicked her off. Malice landed in the cave after all huis errends. "I'm home." He said as he walked in to see the kids rough housing, he chuckled at the sight and sat just out of reach of their little play-fight.

"Ah yeah. Dion was one of the lab scientists that created hybrids. Albel killed him but apparently some undertaker necromancer brought him back. Dion was always really nice- even in the lab" Meracle admitted with a dumb grin on her face. She knew Dion was a shy guy and would never really have the nerve to ask someone to pay. Not that he found it necessary anyway.

((The bakery was Wolf's. But since she's gone now, you can just animate Lydia how ever I guess. Just think chunky nice woman- traditional family business owner of sweets lol))

Fayt looked at the other child and laughed lightly. "Well lets just see about that" he said, gently picking her up and setting her on the floor. Jaden was now stumbling about on his own. He grabbed Kayla's arms to try and steady her like he did with Jaden.

"He made the hybrids? Or at least helped to make the hybrids." Ayos was quiet a moment, then he had an appiphiny. "Kinda makes him your father doesn't it." He said happy with his conclusion. "Sounds like something Albel would do. But it's good that he was revived. Akuma wouldn't have been helped if he had stayed dead." Ayos was wraking his mind trying to think of who Undertaker was. He thought he had heard the name before but couldn't put a face to it, probably due to the fact that Undertaker always had a portion of his face hidden behind his hair.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We should start with the cave that has the tent in it. Last I checked she lived in the other dimension. But that may have changed." He said standing up from his chair and setting the book down. "If she isn't there then we can check Windfall." He said making his way to teh library door. "Well then Shall we?" He said summoning his escape disk.

Edited by En'K'Haral

"Yeah, he was there from the start. Well, not exactly since it wasn't his human DNA, but close enough I suppose" she laughed. "Of course because of the gap in time from when he was killed and revived, we're nearly the same age. His death was something complicated. Not a short story but he is about the closest thing Albel has to a father. Albel always listened to him like a hound dog" she rolled her eyes at the thought. "A curious scientist had Undertaker revive him for questions about the lab. That Undertaker is a bit of a freak. Always smiling and really giggly. Yet there's something chilling about him. It's like there's an absence of natural fear or restraint people normally have. As in, punch him in the face and he'll probably laugh" another laugh escaped her at her own words.

"That does sound a little freaky." Ayos said using his imagination to picture undertaker. The imag of a man covered in bruises and smiling in a dark freaky manner came to mind. "We've got some time, if your up to it that is, I wouldn't mind hearing about it." He said eager to hear a little more about meracle's past...even if it did sound more like it was about Albel. "And what ever happened to the scientist that had him revived....and how do you come into all this." Ayos said with vested interest in Meracle's past.

"Well let's see... The scientists were assigned to certain hybrids to keep track of and take care of. Albel was Dion's. Albel was a cute, happy little guy back then. He liked Dion and grew close- especially after his parents died. Hybrids were tested on the field when others escaped, being used to hunt down the escapees. I myself escaped because my collar shorted. I'd known Albel a little in the lab. He'd suddenly appeared and got close. We stayed together for a while outside the lab where he claimed to be my mate and then turned when the scientists snapped their fingers. That's how I got my scars" Meracle motioned up and down her body with her hands. "Not that he had a choice with his collar, but he didn't have to lead me on" she rolled her eyes. "Well for Dion, Albel had gotten too strong for the others likings since he was getting more bold and harder to control. So they told Dion to kill Albel. When he refused they said if he didn't, they would along with Albel's brother Fayt too. Well I guess Dion chose one over two, figuring there was no other way out here. But Albel's collar shorted in the middle. He was none to happy about Dion's compliance and killed him and then the rest of the lab" she paused to take a breath. "The scientist left after he was satisfied with Dion's information"

(A few hours later, I can finally post... sleep.gif Shouldn't complain though was my own fault)

Shat turned his head and simply said “I only made a serum to make dragon hatchlings stronger. However, I had no partaking in the brainwashing, they did that on their own. If the dragons hadn’t of been brainwashed, they would have grown up normally and happily. Secondly, this is a completely different serum then the one I made, if you want an antidote to that one then here” he pulled out a vial and tossed it at them before turning away. “Don’t expect it to work, this new super soldier may be based off my serum but it would require a whole different genetic code, which in turn I would need to experiment on a few dragons to procure the same results as there are nearly 20 different combinations which it could be, and that’s not counting for development which they already have done. I really hate dragons that look at someone who made something similar and is blamed for something else. So this so called virus of yours cannot be put on me for I had nothing to do with its creation other then the basic idea, and was for one thing working under that guardian dragon most of the month so I have an alibi. ” He turned, and continued walking.

(Aka: I didn’t make that serum duh. I only made one for super babies that would grow up normally. Want a cure for this new serum? Well look somewhere else because I’m not going through that again.)

Kayla swayed for a few moment before her tail instinctively went against the ground to stop her falling backwards. She wobbled as she got the hand of standing, hands rapidly flinging around as she cried out every time she nearly toppled. Eventually her hands stilled as she managed to balance between her feet and tail. She let her arms fall and looked between them, as if wondering what she was supposed to do. She glanced to her brother, and noticed his flailing of arms and frowned. Maybe she should try stepping like he was. She raised her arms, and took a tentative step forward. “Ah!” she shouted as she began to fall forward, her hands coming to stop her fall. As she stood there on four feet, legs wobbling, tail down, she frowned. Pausing, she pushed with her front limbs to flip her body back upright, her tail catching the leftover force, pin wheeling her arms to stay upright. She stood there, and tried one single tentative step. She managed, with a lot of arm flaying, to stay upright. Satisfied she could take a step without falling, she took another.

Laura smiled “Yes, let’s go and see how they are doing

"Right away deary." A chunky woman behind the counter said before shuffling off to pluck some of the Croissants from the shelf and put them in a bag. She handed them back to Erin who in turn handed over the money needed to pay for them. "You have such a nice shop here. It's actually pretty close to where I am staying too." "Oh your from out of town? The place has grown so much that I guess I just presume anyone I see is from around here. Windfall isn't the little town it used to be. But right now your actually in old Windfall." Erin was a bit surprised by this fact. "Is that so? So people living here are from when Windfall was first established?" "That's right, although a number of them have moved to different parts of the city now." "I see. That's too bad. Oh do you know where I might be able to acquire some posts or signs?" "A sign shop went up farther down the road. You planning on opening your own business?" "Oh no, my friend is a collector." "Oh I see. Well the lady that runs the shop is very nice and has a good assortment. I'm sure your friend will be able to expand on his...uh collection." "Thank you very much, well I must be going." "Bye" Erin walked out the door with the pasties. "Who on earth collects signs? Oh well I've seen and heard stranger things in this place."

Erin heaved a sigh after the door closed behind her, lying wasn't her strong suite, that was Brian's thing. She would have to make Brian stop by the sign shop later and scope it out, if they had signs with posts then they could certainly use those.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

((I thought I saw something about the tent collapsing in one of the older posts. Is that still the case or is it back up?))

Gal stepped onto his escape disk and flew to the entrance. He gave a snap of his fingers and a few of the skeletons came out of the catacombs and opened the door. He lead Laura to the Spring cave where he had seen Nick's tent last.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ayos listened to Meracle's story, the Hybrids were unfortunate people. He mustered his courage to try something daring. He glided over to Meracle and embraced her in a hug. Or at least the best hug he could manage as an airborne dragon. The fact that they were several hundred feet above a very hard ground didn't bother him as he probably screwed up their flight pattern. "I think you need a hug more than Akuma does." He said as he embraced her.

((That was basically an auto-hit so if you have an issue I can change it))

Edited by En'K'Haral

Chasilin blushed and turned away, hiding behind her hair.-"W-well that's good then." Palmephius snickered in her lap and then went gloomy as he realized they'd be sticking around the human for a while. With a dignant huff of smoke he coiled around Chasilin's arm and looked away too, almost in exactly the same way Chasilin had but with more attitude. Lunarissa mewed and took a step towards Nick.-

"I can't thank you enough!" Suddenly she remembered where they were and how cold it was. Her paws had gone numb and tingled like needles were pricking her pads.- "I don't suppose you'd deny looking for somewhere warm to stay in the forest tonight?" Neither Lunarissa, Chasilin, nor Palmephius had ever been to a town quite like this one so they didn't have any idea that Inns and such existed.-

((oops, made a reply Saturday, guess I forgot to hit enter sorry))

"The forest is nice and all, but wouldn't you rather stay in the nearby inn? Its safe and has warm food too." Nick asked yawning. It had been a long day and it was beginning to effect him. "I can pay for the rooms." He added patting a small bag of coins attached to his belt. With all the commotion he hadn't noticed how cold it was out. Goosebumps covered his arms and he shivered. He was eager to get out of the cold.