picknick10

Dragons VS Humans, The Great war.

"Don't count on it" Arceus grumbled. Rika turned around to Jason, placing her hands on her hips. She watched as he flew off. "What's he being so emo about?" she asked. Albel huffed, "The fool has a crush" "Yeah well chee he's only been gone for how many years? I don't even know him anymore. Besides, I'm already being harassed by enough guys at the moment" she looked between Shadow and Albel with a slight laugh. She glanced outside and saw his journal, "Ah that's fantastic" she walked out and picked it up, brushing it off. "I'm sure he'll come back. Hell if I know where he went. And I'm not marching around for miles in the snow to find out"

Kai inspected the necklace. "Well... she likes red and purple. But it'll do" she walked towards the door. "Want to get started then? We'll take 1 horse together. Helps keep somewhat hidden. And that her room in near the top of the tree"

Shadow raised an eyebrow and looked back at Rika. "Oh your being harassed are you? Mind telling me how?" Shadow was iffy on what he thought of Rika. She was nice and good looking but he just got to know here so he wasn't entirely sure what his feelings were of her. Shadow looked at the journal and smiled. "We should read it... It might be fun to figure out his deepest darkest secrets."

Kyl shrugged. "Well she will just have to get over it. Blue is close enough to purple." Kyl thought of the plan slightly, and smiled. "Why use a horse when we could use the dirt to move us. less mass to have to hide, and with my magic, we could move just as fast. Unless there is some kind of magic she has that will warn her of any magic being used."

Rika rubbed her temple as Shadow took on a more serious stature, "It's called a joke, dear" she turned and plopped down in a chair. "Though I will say it's funny I always seem to have one guy in my company at least" she looked down at the journal and dulled her eyes. "Do you want me to beat you with this thing? You don't just go through someones journal" she laughed.

"Don't know. Never messed around with her enough to find out" Kai murmured. She walked out the door. "Follow me" she walked down the road and through the tunnel to the path leading to the castle. Kai moved around the side until she was next to the tree. She looked back at Kyl.

Akuma trudged through the streets again, looking around. He stopped to look into another store when he noticed a group of guys snickering behind him. "Get a load of the freak" his ears twitched as he turned to face them.

Jason stands back up and looks at the spring cave then remembers to get his journal then jumps and flies to Rika's house fast as the wind carried him "I hope they dont read the entry." Jason says as he flaps his wings faster to get there quicker and then sees her home but decides to watch from a distance then perches on a nearby mountain ledge and watches quietly and his enhanced hearing can hear thier voices "I better hoped they do not read my journal that contains my most personal secrets." Jason says quietly to himself as he watches and hope they dont see him then feels his rage building inside him like it was a bomb ready to go off

Shadow frowned. "But he left it here... It is is fault. Besides I am curious as to what his secrets hold." Shadow took a couple sliding strides over behind Rika and lowered his face to level with her face. "Maybe you will find something confessing his love." Shadow drew out the word love, and then chuckled before quickly stepping back to avoid being back handed by Rika and the book. Shadow moved over to the couch and basically fell on to the couch one hand behind his head, and his feet hanging off the side of the couch, at his knees.

((Speaking of feet, I got surgery done on mine today biggrin.gif))

Kyl smiled and followed quickly. When Kai had stopped, Kyl used his magic to have the ground rise and encase their feet. When he took the rest of the walk to Kai, the ground rather then him moved. To make this possible for the whole infiltration, Kyl would need Kai to tell him where they need to go so that he cold move them. Kyl explained this to Kai as quietly as he could.

Edited by Forsaken Rider of Dreams

((Dear god, Dain, what for!? D:

and if you dont mind to avoid another short post I will auto pilot the break in))

Rika leaned away to the side slightly as Shadow stuck his face down. She turned to nail him but he was gone. "Cheeky little..." she trailed off, staring at the journal. Maybe one little peak won't hurt she thought. "Well..." she opened the journal slowly and sighed as she let her eyes fall on the words. Albel didn't seem particularly interested in the book and instead went upstairs. ((I don't know what's in it so feel free to narrate the words, Knight))

Kai pointed to a window high up and let Kyl use his magic to lift them swiftly. She looked around to make sure no guards were watching. Once they reached the window, Kai jumped it, feeling particularly jumpy. She looked around the room. Red carpet and deep purple walls. There was a large vanity lined with gold along with her wardrobe and decorations around. A tall canopy bed was the centerpiece of the room.

((What? It isn't that big of a deal. I would be freaking out more about that time a year ago that I had cancer.))

Shadow jumped up with a "AH HA" escaping his lips. "I knew that you wouldn't be able to resist!" Shadow half skipped over next to Rika happily. "Let me see, lemme see. I want to read it too!!" Shadow really was curious but he truthfully didn't think that Rika would open it but now that she has, he was going to take an advantage of the situation.

Kyl smiled and followed into the room after Kai. He looked around and let out a soundless whistle at the decor of the room. He moved silently to the bed, peering inside to see if the queen was in or not. Seeing that she wasn't, Kyl pulled out the necklace and placed it on the center pillow in an elegant position. He stood and stepped back, making sure everything was exactly like how it was before. Kyl turned and smiled at Kai before taking her hand and pulling her back out of the window onto the dirt. Kyl then used his magic to pull any dirt from the carpet that they could have left, back to the mound.

Jason watches as Rika flips to a page that was dated two years ago and the page said "I went to the metal factory dressed in a black steath suit to free some dragons to cripple the governments metal supplies but unfortunetly a guard spotted and I ran but I decided run and hide then killed a guard with my knife Call of Duty style to his neck then used his body to be my shield and pulled out his pistol on his buddies then killed them all I wanted is to see dragons fly in the skies again but now we use them as tools but during the news report they called me the Black Ghost but I met Rika again and I was about to tell her I like her but I felt scared and told her how was her day so much for girlfriend." the page says as Jason continues to watch them and growls a little feeling his rage building more

((Wait what?))

Rika flinched as Shadow suddenly sprang to life. "Nuh uh uh. I'm the long lost friend so only I get to look" Rika grinned. She turned and moved away quickly as he ran over, making her fall off the chair. She held onto the book as she fell, landing awkwardly on the floor. She landed on her back with her legs still in the chair. She put the journal to her face, reading. A chuckle escaped as she read about his crush on her. "Cute"

Kai grinned as Kyl placed the necklace on the pillow and ran to the window again. She sighed as they started to lower. Suddenly she felt the motion stop and then reverse, jerking both back into the room. Kai landed roughly on her back, allowing her to look around the room. She didn't immediately see anything. "Pretty" came an elegant and yet chilling voice. The queen appeared in a puff of black smoke in front of the bed, plucking the necklace from the pillow with her claws. She turned to look at the two humans. "Oh please, you didn't think you could just waltz in here without me knowing, did you?" she asked, narrowing her eyes.

((Here's the visual of the day! the queens pic))

Shadow made an awwwe sound. At first he acted like he was going to give up, before he dived next to her and quickly began to read. When he got to the crush part, Shadow chuckled. "How sweet, dragon boy likes you, just like Albel said. Now what are you going to do, it seems every man is chasing you." Shadow chuckled and sat up, leaning his head against the arm of the chair.

Kyl kissed Kai, immediately before the mound started to head back up. Kyl chuckled bringing a light layer of dirt around him and Kai before they reached the top. He could hear the queens voice, but not see her. When they did reach the top, and after Kai, so inelegantly fell on her back, Kyl sent the cocoon of dirt out wide in a fascinating show. Kyl bowed deeply, perfectly at his waist as if it was natural and he had been royalty all along. "Your Majesty."

((Yeah I had cancer about a year ago))

Rika closed the book when he was done reading and lightly hit him on the head, "Bad boy. No reading!" she sat up and looked back at him. "I don't know. Whichever turns out to be legit I guess. Since the first half of them have all run away" she rubbed the back of her head. That just made her feel more awkward admitting it to one of the guys she was looking at.

Kai jumped to her feet and brushed herself off. The queen and her watched as Kyl bowed. The queen seemed more amused, watching curiously with her mouth slightly open. She made a small 'heh' sound and looked to Kai. "Oh please. Kai, who is this new toy?" she asked. "An outsider..." the queen circled Kyl curiously, "Don't bother with the prince charming crap to me, sweet cakes" she said to Kyl. "I don't buy into it. More importantly, why are you breaking into my room to put a necklace on my pillow?"

Redire replied simply as he came down and landed again. He noticed the forces surounding him, but payed them no heed. 'I don't, but it is a real pain finding replacements, and the other comanders will bite my head off for wasting fodder.' He paused, listening to his 'benefits', and turned to look at the basic force remaining of his force. 'Please excuse me for a brief moment.' He closed his eyes for a moment, and tilted his head. Opening them a small smile played on his lips. 'I believe we could have a good deal. However, we have one request of our own. We can give you your super sodiers, and in return we want a necromancer. The quality doesn't matter, but if you can agree to search for one, and inform us if one is found, we will do as you say.'

Laura followed Gal, and chuckelled. "Well, yes, it is a tone that is neither high or low." As she followed into, wherever it was they were going to be eating, she considered something. "You haven't by any chance got some books made for dragons do you? I don't think they make any, but it would be nice to have something...I don't know" she shrugged. Laying down when they arrived at wherever, she closed her eyes for a moment.

(Don't forget Shat, I'll remind you every few pages m-kay?)

Shadow chuckled rubbing his head lightly. The hit didn't hurt, but it was a natural reaction. When Rika admitted to half of them running, Shadow went quiet, thinking of why someone would want to leave, and well, his first thought was Albel. "Well, You will find someone. That much I am sure. And I hope it is someone you are happy with. It would be a shame for someone like you to go unhappy." Shadow smiled at Rika and cocked his head slightly, scratching the back of his head.

Kyl chuckled. He created a rock wall shoot up next to him on the platform and leaned against it. "Well I tried with the showcasing. But if that won't work then I guess I might be truthful with who I am. Why did I put the necklace on the pillow? Well, because I wanted to impress you on my first day in. Did I think you wouldn't notice? No. I knew you would notice. I just hoped to be gone by the time you noticed."

((This is the link to the story I wrote, in case anyone wants to read it.

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=ST&f=25&t=133313))

Nick looked between the two, cat and dragon, with a hint of doubt in his eyes. "Hmm." He wondered what had happened that they would try to lie to him, something embarrassing perhaps? "I'm going to cast two spells on her; the first will create a small barrier a little distance from her skin to help trap body heat. The second spell should alert me if any of her vitals should start to fail. Any objections?" while he was talking he was already thinking over the structure of the spell. Nick didn't want her to overheat, so he had to have set up the spell to start releasing some heat if a certain temperature was reached.

((I think I used the semicolon wrong =O ))

-Both Lunarissa and Palmephius shook their head 'no', they had no objections to anything that he had to offer to help her, and it sounded safe enough. Palmephius grumbled though, he was not happy about any male being near Chasilin other than himself and her now deceased father. He wasn't used to it, and he was very bad with change. Lunarissa moved closer to him and purred, telling him something for his ears only. Palmephius closed the link to just between the two of them. To Nick, the cat would be mewling at the dragon who stared intensely back at her. It was a silent comedy the way Palmephius continuously huffed at what she had to say.-

"Just let him be, Chasilin is safe in his hands." A huff.

"She's perfectly safe in mine too."

"Well, clearly not, you did well to keep your flame lit, but it was not nearly enough. Surely you realize there is nothing you can do hear." Another huff and a deep scowl.

"I don't like it."

"Well too -mew- bad, like it or not, this boy can help her. Do you want her to really come that close to death?" There was no huff but Palmpehius turned away, tucking his wings close to his side as if needing to shield himself from her words, and all that they meant. He didn't reply after that and Lunarissa shook her head before she moved closer to Chasilin.- "Open the link so I can talk to him, Palmephius." -He did so and Lunarissa nodded in thanks.-

"How long do you think before she regains conciousness?" -she asked Nick.-

Edited by Chasilin

((Well that's just a little disturbing lol))

Overseer followed Shat relentlessly, criticizing his work to perfection. They'd only worked quarter way up the tree. "Don't slack off, Shat. Pick up the pace" he bellowed up at the dragon from the ground. Overseer smirked, enjoying his job for the moment.

Rika stood up and walked to the other side of the room. She leaned against the wall in a corner so Shadow couldn't run over and peak again. Rika opened the journal and kept reading, "Yeah, maybe. Still looking I guess" she sighed. She thought Gordon would work out, but he sure proved her wrong. "Well then" she murmured, returning her eyes to the book.

"Impress me? Ha, you are a strange one" the queen stated. She gave him a strange look- like an animal looks at prey. It was brief as she then turned and walked to her vanity, putting the necklace in her jewelry box. "I hope you came here with more of a reason than that" she continued, the click of the box closing echoing in the silent room. Kai stiffened slightly, "Ah first time visitors- just curious is all" she put her hands in her pockets.

Shadow frowned. "Well, that isn't fair. I want to read it too." Shadow stood and nonchalantly made his way over to Rika. He stood on the other side of Rika so that he was facing her and the back side of the book. "I think that you should tell me what it says, or at least let me read it. Otherwise I won't be able to tease you for the multiple love notes he left in there about you." Shadow smiled loosely.

Kyl chuckled. It was obvious from just one look in his eyes, that he found this entertaining. "Nope. No other reason. I wanted to taste my skills as a thief and I wanted to do what would be the biggest obstacle possible. Which considering this is also my first objective, I think I did pretty good. No offense to you that is, your Majesty." Kyl leaned his head up against the wall with a sly smile.

Jason kept on watching her home like a hawk and sees her opening his Journal "Well my secrets are out know." Jason says as he continues watching as she went to an entry about a year ago with a blood stain on the lower right corner "Well today my squad are trying to kill the revolting dragons but then this flash of light appears out of nowhere and suddenly our guns stopped working and my commander died due to a dragon. I screamed and my other squadmates attacked the dragon but it had friends then one clawed my arm giving me a nasty cut and I decided to run to the underground bunker and closed the 33-inch flame resistant steel door and went to the medical area and applied bandages. Oh my god so much blood I want to kill them all but Im nothing but a wimp and I hope Rika is alright without me." the page said as Jason remembered that day and looked at his right wing bareing the scar "Dont worry Rika I am here ready to protect." Jason says as he continues to watch

Rika raised her leg and planted her boot on Shadow's stomach, shoving him back. She kept her foot up slightly in defense, "Back" she flickered her eyes at him briefly before returning to her reading. She kept a wary grip on the book in case he tried to snatch it away from her. After a bit of reading she closed the journal again and hid it behind her back for safe keeping. Of course it was safe since her back was still in the corner, "Mmm, so interesting" she grinned, wanting to push Shadow's buttons. Not that she took much interest in the nonchalant killing in the journal. Killing dragons was normal to her now. Or was. She still wasn't sure on that.

The queen huffed in amused manner. "You only did 'so well' because I let you" she turned to Kyl. "Your magic is really quite noisy. So is your talking for that matter" she folded her arms across her chest. She returned his sly smile with a snap of her fingers, instantly dissolving his supporting dirt wall. "Not much of a thief around here I assure you" she smirked.

Shadow caught himself when he fell back, planting a foot behind him. He made a sort of whine as he caught himself. "Now that wasn't nice. It is rude to kick people, especially since I wasn't doing anything rude to you." Shadow moved back up towards Rika and spun around the foot and slid up along the wall next to her. "So how about you tell me about these other men."

Kyl spun on his heel and made another wall shoot out of the side that he caught himself on. The wall then pushed him back up to the standing position and Kyl smiled. "Well I thank you for the allowance of a simple confidence boost. Though I kinda am disappointed that I failed as bad as I did. So now what?"

Rika leaned away from him, moving the journal with her. Not that she could move much in the corner but it helped in her mind. A small flush came across her face. It wasn't really visible but she could feel the heat. "You were being rude to Jason's privacy. And what about the other men? You seem rather interested" she taunted.

"You're interesting" the queen snickered. She lightly dragged her claws over his cheek, outlining it with a tone somewhere between threatening and amused. She retracted her hand with a thoughtful look on her face, "You entertained me. So you can either leave now, or I send you out that window" her arms folded across her chest again.

Edited by Sai

Jason continues to watch from his mountain ledge and flies to the frontyard and landed with a thud "Rika Im back to pick up my journal. I accidently left it here." Jason said as he walks over to the window and looked at Rika and sees her holding his Journal behind her back from Shadow "Rika you looked through my journal. If you want answers then yes I do like you eversence I first saw you I thought that you were a nice friend perhaps more then that and I was protecting you in everyway possible." Jason says as he backs up from the window and continues to looks at Rika to see if she will give him back his journal

Edited by knightstemplar151

Shat worked hard, doing everything he was told. Thoughts had vanished, and he worked methodically as he followed his orders. He paused with every bellow from his commander, no overseer. He had to stop thinking in army terms. When asked to pick up the pace, Shat did as he was told. His pace increased, a small sweat working across his forehead, but his did not pause.

(You'l have to try harder then that tongue.gif)

Edited by warewolves

Shadow smirked. "Well than i guess it is good that I wasn't coming over here to see the book. As to why am I curious about them other boys, well I got to protect my roo- no, house mate." Shadow chuckled and turned his body and head to face her. With him leaning, his hair fell and covered his good eye slightly revealing his patched eye. Shadow smiled loosely at Rika.

Kyl smiled and remained perfectly still and calm during the cheek scratch. When the queen finished and moved away, Kyl stood completely up. As soon as the queen gave him the, leave now or die notation, Kyl nodded slightly. "Your Majesty..." He said quietly before wrapping his arm around Kai and held her close before letting the mound just drop, almost like a high speed elevator. When they got close to the ground, Kyl slowed down and came to a stop even with the grounds.

Rika's blush increased as Shadow changed position. "How thoughtful of you..." she said, fumbling over her words. She gripped the journal behind her to cope with slight embarrassment. The sound of Jason talking turned her face to the window. "Oh. Um... certainly" she quickly ducked past Shadow and breathed a sigh of relief. Rika hadn't really registered most of what Jason said yet but opened the window and handed him the journal.

Kai gripped onto Kyl's shirt as they descended. She always had a certain dislike for that tingling feeling from a free fall. "Let's not try that again" Kai murmured, burying her face in Kyl's chest in relief. She was at least happy that the queen was in a good mood today.

Overseer flew up and landed on the path next to Shat. He leaned down to eye level, "I said go faster! And when I said go faster I didn't mean to let your quality of work go down, slacker! There's plenty more work to do! This tree is the bare start!" he shouted. Overseer roughly shoved Shat into the tree before moving up to see how the Vines were doing. They of course were under no such pressure. Even so they started working a bit faster.

Edited by Sai

((Someone tell me why. Why is it that whenever I decide to try and right a post anywhere the PC/Mac I am using suddenly decides to crap out mid way through the post! AAAARRRGGGHHH, I mean it's not even like it's happening just at home, everywhere I go, every computer I have ever used seems to just die or reset or otherwise generically crap out whenever I'm using it, it's really starting to get on my nerves >.< like today, almost finished a nice lengthy post and then BAM computer reset out of nowhere. I am tempted to pick it up and huck it out the window at the moment. So here we go, En'K'Haral posting: take 5<----not kidding, not exaggerating either.))

"A necromancer eh? I don't see any reason not too. Still I would like some kind of guarantee that we can get that daughter of Shat's to join our forces. Her talents will be very helpful." Malice said still bargaining for all that he could get out of this deal with Redfire. The girl's transformation talents would be useful in the future although not entirely necessary. She would make for an excellent spy with her ability to transform.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gal led them into the library where he began inspecting the books that had been added. Everything seemed to be in decent shape and was well organized by genre and then by author last name. "Dragon books...well we have human books that were copied onto larger frames for dragons. They should be stored in the spare rooms upstairs since there really isn't any room for them in the library." the library itself was quite large with countless books lining the walls. There weren't any stand alone bookshelves in the middle to maximize dragon mobility but there were a few tables around the edges. The books on the walls were behind glass that could be opened like little sliding doors, this way any dragons perusing the collection could flap their wings without worry if the need arose. The library itself was five stories in height and the collection contained every book that the cult had collected including a very small section for spellbooks. Naturally there were numerous copies of the same novels and texts since the original library at the HQ had been intended to be operated like a public library for the cult members, Galamonaro intended for this to have the same purpose as well so that any visitors wishing to read the same book might do so, it never occurred to him that maybe not too many people would be interested in visiting a necromancers home.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The group of teens finished their pizza and stood up ready to go. "It's been a blast. We'll see you guys later" Blondie said before walking off with Sam who was still sore about losing. "Listen little dragon your gonna have to get loads better if you want to keep up with your friend here." Pulled Ayos aside and whispered into his ear. "Look I can see you got a thing for her so I'll give you some advice, have confidence. So be cool and go for it." Ayos still had half a pizza in his mouth so he finished eating it to say "She can hear you from there you know." "Oh....well I stand by my word, tah." He dashed off to catch up to his friends leaving Ayos alone with Meracle. "Ehhem, anyways shall we go, I think a simple should be alright, I don't need any kind of special skill to keep up with you in that." He said now standing from the table.

((The post was collectively better the first time around -.-))