picknick10

Dragons VS Humans, The Great war.

Laura smiled, and turned her telepathy to Fayt. 'There you are, yes I am trying to reach you but those children of yours are hard to tell the difference from you when I haven't met you yet.' She turned and nodded to Gal before continuing. 'Me and Galamonaro are at the Tent, did something happen?' She raised her wing and gently began standing up, so as not to crush Gal. "They're safe and sound, that's good to know."

Kyl chuckled and his mouth formed a slight smirk. It seemed that these over grown monkeys thought they were to good for him. "If new guy has a death wish, then why not amuse said new guy with his request. Or, is it possible that maybe the new guy intimidates the big ol' over grown monkeys." Kyl figured that with the insults he jest let out that at least one of the men would be frustrated and want to fight. Kyl stood up and crossed his arms waiting for an answer.

Shadow shrugged. "Well I don't see many dragons, thus the reason I don't know about them." Shadow watched Rika inspect his leg and went silent. He wasn't sure why, but to him it just didn't seem like a moment to say anything. When Rika stood, Shadow lowered his pant legs and smiled. "I still don't know what the big deal was, it wan'st like it was something that would kill me."

"They have kids now? Wow it really has been a long time." Gal said astonished by this new development. Had he and Laura really been away that long? Laura went quiet a moment and Gal figured she had managed to get through to Fayte. When she relayed that they were fine he sighed in relief. The collapsed tent had him worried. He stood up with Laura when she lifted her wing and stretched. "Do they have any idea as to what happened to the tent?" He asked looking back at the heap on the floor.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ayos chuckled as Meracle stroked her invisable beard. He didn't think he left such a great impression on people as to make them gossip about how he died but the irony of it would none the less be something worth talking about. When Meracle said that she didn't when she would stop Ayos let out an amused huff. "Oh really? Well what would I have to do to make you stop after all this is my life were talking about." He joked preforming a barrel roll over Meracle looking into her eyes for the moment that he was upsidedown and then leveling out on her other side.

((Not really a barrel roll I guess more like a steamroller without rolling on top of her.))

-Chasilin had the grace to blush as the fact that Nick could hear thoughts came to life. Frowning she followed his look towards Lunarissa, since she knew the feline was currently reliving her past she looked up and caught his gaze with her own.- "Luna hasn't a pleasant relationship currently ongoing with those who oppose dragons. Someone dearest to her heart was unrightfully sentenced to death by their hands." In her arms Lunarissa seemed to shrink as she slumped her shoulders and dipped her chilled nose tot he ground in reflection. Sympathetically Chasilin ran a soothing hand over her ears and down to her shoulder. Looking up once more, Chasilin smiled as if to say that it was best not to ask more.- " So, this Inn, are we there yet?"

((frazzledazzle))

((A strong gust of wind surged throughout the land, ending as suddenly as it began. Looking up I noticed the clouds had parted, revealing a blue moon.))

Nick frowned hearing about her past again. He felt sorry for her. Shaking the sad thoughts from his mind, he looked back at Chasilin "The inn is right here." and with that he pushed open the door, warm air rushing out. Inside the inn people sat around tables, talking, and enjoying food and drinks. The air smelled of the stew that was in a large pot over a fire at the middle of the inn, benches placed around it. "Think this will do?" asked Nick walking in.

Rina didn't make herself wait. She immediately took off in the air and followed Tackeron to the Windfall. "I hope they won't attack me on sight because of my past. Will they ever recognize me? And... if that Brian knows one of us... Maybe he was in Solomos... that is unlikely. I have a suspections, that he is a human. And Solomosean dragons don't like humans there... Is Tackeron sure that Brian knows our clan... Wait a second." - she suddenly thought. "...What if he was THAT human I spared?.. - her thoughts, however, didn't show up on her face.

((Looking up to see the blue moon revealed I jump excitedly "Nick is back!"))

Chasilin looked at the door of the inn distrustfully, her single visible green eye glowing dangerously. A single shiver from Lunarissa gave her the reason to step forward, following Nick inside. Palmephius stayed close to Chasilin, also unable to feel at ease in this kind of strange place. Chasilin had grown up bearing a hatred for civilization, humans there were strange, they were almost more cruel and lazy, too. Grown fat for their comfort while she and her kind had grown thin for working hard each day to live. She and her people and others like her were also the reason the fat civilians were so lazy, they were the ones who harvested food and traded with them. She recalled once when her father had left with sacks of grain and vegetables and returned with weaponry and gifts, such as the ribbon her mother once wore.

Looking at the silky red fabric, wrapped around her Gungnir, her expression melted and her heart throbbed once, returning her to reality. Watching silently, standing defensively behind Nick at all times she let him handle what needed to be done, she didn't have any intentions of interacting with the ugly man watching them as they'd walked in.

((When I thin k of windfall I take a typical futuristic city, medievalise it making the buildings shorter and more basic in structure and change the flying vehicles into dragons some carrying mail other carrying people and such and then spatter the sky with a few cumulus clouds.))

Tackeron lead Rina to windfall and as the city came into sight. The countless buildings dotted the landscape and dragons flew through the air freely some landed in the city to be greeted warmly by the humans residing there. "Welcome to windfall, it has undergone massive changes over the years. Hard to believe this place used to kill dragons on sight isn't it. Now we can visit and even live here if we want. Ah there's Brian and Erin's apartment." Tack said pointing to a section of the city that looked a mite older than the rest. He glided down to street level and with a few solid flaps of his wings he landed. Erin poked her head of of the window to see Tack being followed by another dragon. "Hey Tack, I'm glad your here Brian should be returning with what we need to set up properly here. Who is your friend?"

"She needs to find some people that she has lost and I was wondering if Brian or you might have come across them during the slavery" Brian rounded the corner to see a familiar Electric dragon. He shifted the weight of the sign posts he was carrying and gave a wave. "Sup? You needed me?"

((Well, Windfall kinda reminds me of Skyrim cities in my opinion))

Despite herself traveled in most of the continents, Rina was shocked by the sight of the city. She have never seen such a big city, where no one attacks dragons. Landing, she hided her expression, but it still could be easily guessed by looking in her eyes. Listening to Tackeron, she have heard that it is possible to live here without any problems with humans.

When she and Tackeron reached the residence of Brian and Erin, she saw the latter owner of the apartment and simply nodded. She oftenly used that greeting, whenever she met the strangers. As right now.

When Brian showed up, Rina immediately dropped off her suspections: he wasn't that guy she spared. Again, she simply nodded as she did to Erin.

Edited by TheTron852

((Never played it although I have heard plenty of positive things about it...and some random joke about an arrow and knee. I'm sure if I played the joke would make more sense to me happy.gif this is the character with the cut in her wing right?))

"Tack says this lady is looking for some of her comrades and was wondering if we stole any during the slavery." Brian sighed and shook his head. "Liberated Erin we freed them into the mountains. You make it sound like what we were doing was illegal." "It was." Tackeron stamped his foot against the ground to get his friends attention. "Whatever guys it's not important. Now she has a cut on her wing that all her friends have apparently they are a clan of dragons and she got separated from them. Did you save any with the cult?" Brian thought for a moment, the fact that they were a clan of dragons certainly peaked his interest but he was having trouble thinking of any with a cut in their wing. Finally with a frown he shook his head. "No I haven't. Maybe some came through headquarters but not through me. Still we will be more than happy to help you find them. We are actually just about to set up our little observational posts I guess you could call them. They will allow Erin to observe the forest nearby once everything is prepared. we will be looking into setting up in the city as well but there is a whole crap ton of legal stuff we have to go through first." When Brain mentioned the observational posts he gestured to the wooden posts he was carrying. "While they are doing that I can fly around with you and help you search out the city, forest and if that doesn't work out we can head to Gridania." Tackeron offered enthusiastically.

Eight dragons went to the spot near the tree to say that they were going to volunteer to hunt. Aeolus took the group with him and they set off go hunting. “Everyone, let’s split up and hunt in different areas,” said Aeolus. Then the dragons split into five groups; three forming duos and two were going single. Aeolus was one of the single dragons going off to hunt on his own. He flew over the savanna until he saw an elephant bull in sight. He flew down at it and attacked his prey with claws and teeth. The elephant trumpeted as it thrashed around and whipped its trunk at Aeolus. The green dragon growled and zapped it with his lightning breath to electrocute the elephant. The large prey dropped dead onto the ground.

“Rudvich, huh?” Atlas asked. She’d like to see Minerva, Nick, Maki, and maybe Woltar again, but with most of the northeast hating her guts, it definitely wouldn’t be safe to bring the hatchlings there. The people there would most likely call Androcles and Sapphire bad names like demon spawns, since they were her and Malice’s children. Atlas ruled the northeastern region out and thought of the other regions in Rudvich. Going to the southeast would be a better choice, since her flying mint dragon friend named Matt lives there. She hasn’t seen him for a while, not since the Empiricon attack in that region last year, so now might be a good time to visit him. “Okay, Rudvich it is. We’re going over there now!” she said. “It’s not going to be the northeast, is it? Remember what happened there last time,” said Kylie. “Don’t worry, we aren’t going over to that awful region. We’re just going over to the southeast. It’s much more friendlier than the northeast and it has jungles too!” “So we can go swing on vines and stuff like Korak of the jungle?” Androcles asked excitedly. The copper hatchling has never seen the jungle before and he had only heard about it in one of the story scrolls that Atlas brought to her nieces from the earth tower, so Androcles just pictured the jungle as a fun place to be in. “Yes Androcles, you can. Just don’t fall off and hurt yourself. I also have a friend there that I would like all of you all to meet,” Atlas said. “Who is it?” Androcles asked. “You’ll see when we get there,” the magi said. Then she teleported the whole family to the waterfall cave in the SE region. “Hey Matt, you there? I’d like you to come out and meet my family,” said Atlas. “Yo Atlas, is that you?” asked a voice inside the cave. Then the winged mint dragon came out and saw the hatchlings. “Whoa dude! Are these your kids?” asked Matt surprised. “Only two of them are, Androcles and Sapphire. The others are my nieces, Danielle and Kylie,” Atlas said.

Nell seemed to understand Kayla’s words, so she went to pounce on Jaden instead.

((Korak is a dragon version of Tarzan. He’s a flightless leaf dragon, who was raised by apes, fought some poachers, and fell in love with a dragoness.))

((The funniest thing about this joke is that EVERY guard says that. Also to mention curved swords and killer wagons. About the latter... PHYSICS.

And... yeah. I recommend you to play this game. One warning: DO NOT install HD textures pack. It is glitched up.

And yes, it is a cut. When the hatchling is born in the clan, he/she must pass a ritual, where his/her middle wing membrane must be cut on both wings. It is done by professionals, as it needs to be perfect, and it is painful for hatchling (therefore medic is required to reduce the pain), that's why it is hard to do a ritual cut. Usually dragons practice on the pieces of cloth, skin and etc.

Reason of the ritual? Posts here about Rina is the answer))

Rina frowned at Brian's answer. Listening to him to the end, she said: "Both of you thanks for offering help. I really appreciate it." - then she turned to Tackeron: "Thank you for offering help too." - and added with confuse: "Sorry for my lack of the continent's geography, I have never been to this country before. Neither I have heard about Gridania."

((Yes, Windfall is somewhat Steampunk in feeling xd.png It's medieval in appearance yet has a clean, sleek look. Like Ul'Dah from Final Fantasy. Skyrim is a little... dirtier in it's cities. Of course that may be because I'm too used to walking through towns there and seeing a dragon blow everything up... lol))

"Nell~" Jaden sang as he out-maneuvered his sister, hugging her instead. He wrapped his wings around so she couldn't escape the smothering hug. Fayt blinked, "I haven't been outside to the portal lately... did something happen?" he asked, feeling slightly alarmed.

Rika huffed, "Well chee if you got gangrene you'd lose your leg. Don't think it'd be so harmless then. If the smallest of injuries get infected, it can be fatal. That's why it's so important to treat them. That's why people used to be lucky to live to 30- no medicines were around to clean injuries or sickness"

Meracle shrugged innocently. She only needed a halo to appear over her head. "I don't know, something entertaining" she chimed. By her tone it had a broad meaning. ((Eh wb))

"Well look here, he's got a mouth on him" the men laughed at Kyl's boldness. "Tell ya what, little man. I'll oblige ya" the brute stood up with a wolfish grin. "I'll even give ya a free swing. Have at it, little man. Show me what ya got" he encourage, folding his arms across his chest. Kai took a seat at the bar counter. Krog brought her a beer bottle and she sipped at it, turning to watch the events.

((How dirty are the Briarwood guys? Also Tron in your sig, it says "101 rounds: round 39" What does that mean?))

Edited by Forsaken Rider of Dreams

((Define dirty since it can have a world of meanings xd.png))

((101 Rounds is a dodge map in Warcraft 3, made by gameslayer001. And believe me, it is pretty hard.

I am trying to clear round 39 right now.))

(Going away for a week, don't know how I will be replying so don't expect much)

Laura smiled and said 'The tent is down, There's no way into the-er-zone place.'

(Scuse short post)

((Well they're pretty clean like the average person. Maybe a bit sweaty from manual labor lol but clean. Oh Dain, they do have showers in Briarwood xd.png))

((>.> Well I didn't know. It could have been like those poor towns with everything covered in dust...))

Nell gagged when Jaden squeezed her into a hug. She instinctively tried to push him off.

A dark brown dragon had managed to catch two gnus. He was about to carry them back to camp, when all of a sudden two monsters jumped out of the tall grasses and pounced him as they knocked him down. One of the monsters looked like a lion, but its mane was a bush of spikes & not hair and its spine had a long line of spikes on it. The other monster looked like a green lizard-like wolf with black stripes, black socks, yellow furry spine, yellow draconic eyes, and long claws. The two monsters started to shred the dragon with their extremely sharp claws. The dragon in pain cried, "Help!"

((Monster 1 looks like this: http://gutierrez.blog.sbc.edu/files/2010/1..._firenze_07.jpg

Monster 2 looks like this: http://squeedgemonster.deviantart.com/art/...nid-197804005))

Tackeron smiled warmly to Rina. "It's fine, it can be a confusing place. We're actually newcomers to this place as well..well I am at least. Erin and Brian used to work in the southwestern region during the dragon slavery. So I guess there is still a lot that's new to them as well. As for gridania it's just a fe kliks south of windfall. It is another major city like this place. Shall we get going I am sure Erin and brian have a lot of work to do." Tack said wanting to get underway, he doubted they would find anyone right away but an enthusiastic start always helped. "Unless you want to help us." "Recruiting her for your ambitions Brian?" Brian gaev a playful shrug to Erin.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yay!" Sapphire exclaimed excitedly. Finally a chance to meet humans. She thought happily to her self as she bounced around celebrating. "Sapphire hold still your mother is going to teleport us now." Malice said resting his paw on Sapphires back. Next thing they knew they were in teh southeastern region. Sapphire blinked, was this what teleporting was like. She thought they would have to fly a long distance. A winged mint dragon came out to great them and Sapphire smiled before turning to her mom. "I thought mint's couldn't fly mom." She asked in wonder. "There is an exception to every rule dear." Malice said standing nearby.

"Hmm...maybe if we set it up again. You just the tent sometimes simple things like that are enought to fix even the largest problems." Gal said thinking out loud as he started fiddling with teh collapsed tent.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ayos smirked being in the air clearly made him more confident. So much so that he glided over to meracle and taking her into a hug again kissed her on the lips. he released her shortly afterwords still smirking. "I've heard that humans think spontanuity is romantic."

((happy easter peoples happy.gif))

Edited by En'K'Haral

Richard, upon hearing a scream, turned his head... and froze in terror. He saw two monsters tearing apart a dragon from the group. His further actions were instant: he grabbed a whistle in his pocket, inhaled deeply and blew into whistle. The sound was pretty loud, and it gave a signal: DANGER.

Rina thought for a short moment. Right now she had two choices: either go with Tackeron to Gridania, either help Brian and Erin. "What kind of help do you need? Maybe I can do something about it, if I am able to, and if it is not long." - she asked Brian.

Shadow shrugged. "Yeah I guess you are right. I mean, there is no point for me to let myself die early is there? Especially now that I made friends eh? So what do you typically do? I mean now that the Empricon are gone, there doesn't seem to be a war, what should we do?" Shadow stood and made his way to the window and leaned against the wall watching the snow fall and the wind blow through the leaves.

Kyl chuckled. "A free punch isn't always the smartest thing to give me." Kyl threw a punch at his gut and before that punch hit, sent a jab with his fingers extended, at the man's neck.

Rika laughed, "Oh there's more of a war than you're apparently aware of. THEM is targeting pretty much everyone. Though this war seems to momentarily be with dragons. Something of genetic enhancements. But I don't have a pair of wings so flying around to different continents is out of the question" she explained with a shrug. This war seemed to be quite mobile.

"Well how did that happen? Is it fixable?" Fayt asked. He sighed and looked to Minerva. "It would seem the tent outside collapsed and so did the doorway. I'm not sure what can be done about it yet..." Jaden held on a few more seconds before suddenly letting go in the manner of releasing the rope in a tight game of tug-o-war.

The brute's hand swiftly shot up, grabbing Kyl's wrist before his fingers hit his neck. He let the blow to his stomach collide. If it hurt he didn't show it, grinning, "Ah I believe I said one free punch, kid" He shoved Kyl back by his seized wrist and waited smugly. Kai grinned from her seat. Kyl certainly wasn't giving anyone much credit. "I might suggest being a bit more clever. You are in context a mouse against an elephant" she said casually.

Meracle raised an eyebrow at Ayos. "Oh is that so?" she humored. A snicker escaped from her as she thought it over. "If only you had this much confidence out of the air. Mind you, you can't fly forever~" she sang at the end. As if to make her point, she tucked her wings in and let herself free-fall towards the ground. Once she was close, she extended them again in a rough stop before landing in the forest.