Hiei101

Final Fantasy

Of COURSE he's clearly more benevolent and kind. Instead of just throwing a rock at you and missing and/or playing with his favorite spiky toe-jam sock puppet, he just kindly demolishes our solar system rather than blowing up their silly Gaea place. CLEARLY safer, as he misses the planet FF7 takes place on by light years. tongue.gif

Least it's not as bad as Ultimecia, who so kindly censorkip.gifs over time itself. xd.png Or Kuja, who so kindly blows up his own planet. No missing with overblown rock-throwing for him! Or Kefka, who doth becometh a true God, and stomps your arse into the ground with clown shoes. Or ExDeath, who... is a tree... defeated by crystals. blink.gif

Sarcasm noted. Still tried it at home. Sun exploded, but someone compressed time, causing all my effort to be moot as a whiny ass-tard in leather negates everything with a silly time loop that makes no sense.

And Kefka is 10,000,000,000,000 times more frightening and awesome than Sephiroth in Dissidia. Seriously. Clown-laugh FTW. Just imagine that face coming for you in your sleep. Smile smile laugh laugh HAVOK WING, MUDDERFUGGER! Bwahahahah.

I know, he wasn't doing anything dangerous by vaporizing several planets out of existence while blowing up the sun! It was far away from any sentient life, anyways. A planet called Earth? Pfft, what could possibly be on that bloody thing!

This is why you use a TARDIS before you travel, silly! Always practice safe time travel!

Kefka is creepy and I hate him with all my heart. Sephiroth is just Draco In Leather Pants and I'm not even sure why I like what they turned him into in Dissidia -- NARM!

Eh. Seph always wins, no matter how lame he becomes.

It's that fangirl zombie disease you've spread, you see. Works almost....too well. *dramatic music*

Fortune, I like this fangirl. Can I keep her?

I'm hoping that Squall will learn all his skills before the weekend. Fighting chaos over and over again is starting to wear out my thumbs lol.

And I have to agree with Wends, Kefka is creepier than Sephiroth. But Sephiroth won't damn well die. How many times has he been beaten now?

Kuja is obviously the best. It is clear - Sephiroth could never have come as close to.. cuddling his mother? (didn't he have some goals besides that?) had he been wearing Kuja's outfit or had Kuja's time limit, or Kuja's annoying little brother.

Kuja also blows apart his own planet and is pretty much defeated only by death itself - seeing as he pretty much committed suicide but survived it and only got killed (which wasn't really confirmed) when a ton of tree trunks came squishing down on him.

Oh yeah, and he defeats his 'mother' (Garland) instead of carrying her head around with him (um.. Seph?).

Also Trance Kuja is scarier then a giant whale. And I'm fairly certain Sin couldn't have been that hard to beat - after all, look who defeated him.

None of this is meant to offend. If it did, please go douse yourself in cold water till you realize this is an OPINION on a FICTIONAL series about pretty boys defeating other pretty boys (Jecht excluded) and funny monsters.

Kuja is obviously the best. It is clear - Sephiroth could never have come as close to.. cuddling his mother? (didn't he have some goals besides that?) had he been wearing Kuja's outfit or had Kuja's time limit, or Kuja's annoying little brother.

Kuja also blows apart his own planet and is pretty much defeated only by death itself - seeing as he pretty much committed suicide but survived it and only got killed (which wasn't really confirmed) when a ton of tree trunks came squishing down on him.

Oh yeah, and he defeats his 'mother' (Garland) instead of carrying her head around with him (um.. Seph?).

Also Trance Kuja is scarier then a giant whale. And I'm fairly certain Sin couldn't have been that hard to beat - after all, look who defeated him.

None of this is meant to offend. If it did, please go douse yourself in cold water till you realize this is an OPINION on a FICTIONAL series about pretty boys defeating other pretty boys (Jecht excluded) and funny monsters.

Actually they never took on Sin itself, just what was powering it.

Actually they never took on Sin itself, just what was powering it.

...ya they did. On the airship over Bevelle, with the weird arm (shoulder?) joints and then the head and then the Sinspawn on top. It crashed near Bevelle and then everyone went inside.

Inside of Sin is creepy but good for exp. farming. ****ING MALBOROS I HATE THEM.

...ya they did. On the airship over Bevelle, with the weird arm (shoulder?) joints and then the head and then the Sinspawn on top. It crashed near Bevelle and then everyone went inside.

Inside of Sin is creepy but good for exp. farming. ****ING MALBOROS I HATE THEM.

Yes, but they didn't manage to kill it.

Totally did not forget about that fight

Because technically Sin can't be beat. It's just armor. Maybe BFA counts, and they did beat that.

I've always thought of Sin as a separate creature to the Aeon or whatever that powers it. After all, it the Aeon was in control of it's actions, then why would they turn on the world they had wanted to save?

And I have to agree with Wends, Kefka is creepier than Sephiroth. But Sephiroth won't d*mn well die. How many times has he been beaten now?

Yeah, Sephiroth never manages to be creepy (only his mother *shudders*) but iirc he's pretty much the closest to immortal we have. =/ Even in Dissidia; when you're going through Shade Impulse you actually kill all of the other villains. Sephiroth dies, and then pops back from the void moments later.

He's like a phoenix, if phoenixes were trash-talking, ladykilling *ssholes that don't damn well know to shut up during a fight.

Iunno, but I think any of the villians could manage to be creepy... if they were real.

Kuja is hot

But yeah, Sephiroth wanted to cleanse the planet of all living things, humans especially. Then absorb the lifestream fer insta-godhood and travel across the universe doing the same to any other planets that have life.

Even though its canon that Sephiroth took control of JENOVA and not the other way around, I think, on a certain level, she still controls him. Sure, Sephiroth has his own will and personality, but he has JENOVA's instincts -- and, seeing that's all JENOVA really is, she hasn't lost much through being "controlled" by him.

Even in Crisis Core -- didn't you notice that Seph's only two other friends were people who had major amounts of JENOVA cells?

So yeah. He may've gained his personality and willpower back from her, but he's still her puppet. You can give a character in a storybook personality, but that won't stop you from controlling them like a pawn.

(hehehe....PAWN)

((I have no idea where I was going with this please don't shoot me))

Edited by Drer'Ahv

I've always wondered what Jenova looked like before they started experimenting on her. I mean, everytime you see her she looks worse (she's a pile of goo in the movie) but after years of abuse and getting body parts hacked off (even Sephiroth beheaded her) that's only to be expected.

What did she look like before she ended up in the world of FF7?

I've always thought of Sin as a separate creature to the Aeon or whatever that powers it. After all, it the Aeon was in control of it's actions, then why would they turn on the world they had wanted to save?

I think they're the same, but Yu Yevon isn't omniscient, so when they damaged Sin's outside he turned his attention to that and Jetch-Jecth- Jehct-WHOEVER THE censorkip.gif managed to show up in human form like the other aeons could, but then Yevon was like "HEY censorkip.gif* KILL THEM" and cue BFA.

Jecht?

I thought the Aeon was the cycle was Sin's enslaved mind/power source? Which is why Sin could be calmed down by everyone joining hands and singing, because Jetch was listening?

I've always wondered what Jenova looked like before they started experimenting on her. I mean, everytime you see her she looks worse (she's a pile of goo in the movie) but after years of abuse and getting body parts hacked off (even Sephiroth beheaded her) that's only to be expected.

What did she look like before she ended up in the world of FF7?

I always assumed she was just a virus that survived the meteorfall. She infected/possessed the Cetra (Hence "taking the form of the loved ones" -- not just "taking the form of", literally taking their bodies!) and after a long "fight" with this hive consciousness that spreads and takes over as a virus, they managed to isolate her into one Cetra's body and stuck her in that cave that she was excavated from.

But even though the Cetra that JENOVA resided in was dead, the JNEOVA cells kept replicating out of control, causing the body to mutate.

After 2000 years of replicating in one body...

Edited by Drer'Ahv

If she was just a virus, would she have a gender? Or a consciousness?

Edited by Fortune86

If she was just a virus, would she have a gender? Or a consciousness?

But that's just it -- I don't think she actually has a gender. The characters refer to her as female because the body appears female. Sephiroth refers to her as "mother" because he was told all his life that "JENOVA is your mother -- she died in childbirth". Ifalna iirc referred to JENOVA as "it" -- "he" in the PS1 version.

No "consciousness", per say...just instincts that either integrate themselves with your own, or replace them. Reunion instincts and such.

But to the Cetra, it would appear as a unified consciousness -- all of these people working towards the same "goal" when they were individuals yesterday.

Jecht?

I thought the Aeon was the cycle was Sin's enslaved mind/power source? Which is why Sin could be calmed down by everyone joining hands and singing, because Jetch was listening?

Bold part confuses me muchly.

Sin being calmed because Jecht is listening would support my point that they're the same, no?

I don't know if Sin always looked the same though. It was always underwater or traveling through time. If Sin had the same body in every one of YY's summons regardless of the form of the FA, then I think Sin would be a shell that YY and the FA power and control.

Jecht was conscious of being Sin but might not have had total control all the time.

I think Jecht could take the human form in the Zanarkan-esque place where you fought BFA but still consciously be Sin at the same time. YY had much less control of that form than the shell Sin.

Or I could just be rambling.

The extent of my thinking about Sin goes to about - "OHHH GIANT WHALE. KILL?"

I think Sephiroth was controlled by Genova's instincts. After all, if a human had a magical powerful squirrel's instincts, they wouldn't be the same. If they had had those instincts all their life, it would feel quite natural to eat acorns and twitch and run up and down trees (although the human would have trouble with that part).

Whether that human liked apple pie or chocolate cake better would be up to the person's personality.

GENOVA's instincts told Seph to kill and take over the world. Being Hojo's son, he probably also had some extra ambition and stuff. Seeing as Lucrecia seems pretty nice - her genes are probably the only thing giving Seph a sane side (like in Crisis Core).

I love Final Fantasy. biggrin.gif First got given VII when I was 11 and it basically changed my life. I know it sound kind of lame, but I really had never played a game quite like it before, and I grew up alongside the main character Cloud in realising important things.

To this day, VII is still my favourite. I admit I'm probably a little biased because it was my first, but I genuinely believe it was the best and replay it quite frequently. As for the others I've played... I'd rank them like this:

1. VII

2. X

3. IX

4. XII

5. VI

6. VIII

Not including III DS as I got so bored I stopped playing it for a while. xd.png I really need to finish VI, only played half of it, and IV/V.

WOOT!!! Finally got my 4th character to speed 255!

Now Squall, Irvine and Selphie are finally joined by Zell as the speediest mudderfuggers to ever tromp through a Final Fantasy game. Mwahahahahaha! (runs off with her Pocketstation and her memory card)

I love FF8. It's so broken its ridiculous.

Oh, wait... you guys were talking about plot? (drowns in drool, dies, brain being far too smoked from slaughtering cactaurs all yesterday afternoon to comprehend anything being written besides the 'whale = kill' part of the FFX discussion)

Oh... had something else I had to do. Drer'Ahv!! (snatches Exeter, shoots)

(rereads post) Oooooohhhhh... you were saying please DON'T shoot me. My bad. xd.png

The extent of my thinking about Sin goes to about - "OHHH GIANT WHALE. KILL?"

I think Sephiroth was controlled by Genova's instincts.  After all, if a human had a magical powerful squirrel's instincts, they wouldn't be the same.  If they had had those instincts all their life, it would feel quite natural to eat acorns and twitch and run up and down trees (although the human would have trouble with that part).

Whether that human liked apple pie or chocolate cake better would be up to the person's personality.

GENOVA's instincts told Seph to kill and take over the world.  Being Hojo's son, he probably also had some extra ambition and stuff.  Seeing as Lucrecia seems pretty nice - her genes are probably the only thing giving Seph a sane side (like in Crisis Core).

I think Sephy just snapped. All that reading broked his brains.

Edit: Playing Dissidia. How the hell are you supposed to use an ex burst in ten seconds when you are starting with an empty bar?

Edited by Fortune86

Edit: Playing Dissidia. How the hell are you supposed to use an ex burst in ten seconds when you are starting with an empty bar?

You usually don't. Is there a match you play before this one with the EX burst?

I'm currently playing Dissidia as Cloud, in Coliseum (or whatever it's called) mode. I wreck everyone with my Omnislash combo. biggrin.gif I'm going to have to record it and put it online. smile.gif

Here it is: http://s620.photobucket.com/albums/tt287/s...TASY_REPLAY.mp4

Gabranth kind of pissed me off so I used an EX burst too. Total overkill, but still fun. biggrin.gif

Edited by spyro76

I think Sephy just snapped. All that reading broked his brains.

Yeah, I have that reaction to Anne Rice too.

Here it is:  http://s620.photobucket.com/albums/tt287/s...TASY_REPLAY.mp4

Gabranth kind of pissed me off so I used an EX burst too.  Total overkill, but still fun.  biggrin.gif

'I won't sleep well tonight' xd.png

I had to restart the level and beat the magikarp out of a Cecil manikin until the ex-gauge filled. It's annoying that some battle pieces don't appear until you have beaten something else first.

xd.png

'I won't sleep well tonight' xd.png

I had to restart the level and beat the magikarp out of a Cecil manikin until the ex-gauge filled. It's annoying that some battle pieces don't appear until you have beaten something else first.

Yeah, usually what I do is beat it a few times before I actually try for completion, just so everything is there. tongue.gif

I've always wondered if "I won't sleep well tonight" mean that he felt guilty, or that he didn't get a good enough fight. xd.png

(insert MAJOR thumbs-up here) Yes! Another person who's brain breaks when reading drivel!