Hiei101

Final Fantasy

Squall just irked me. Same with Rinoa.

BLASPHEMER!!! (points shaky finger)

(snigger) Alrighty. So I love Squall to bits, but I understand how he can irk people as well. (And I wanted to drop-kick Rinoa off of Garden. The fight between B and G-Gardens would've been so much cooler if Zell would've 'accidentally' stomped her little fingers as she was hanging on for dear life.)

Who said something about not liking Squall?

*Waves metal baseball bat meaningfully*

Dunno about Zidane but I still don't like Squall. And this is where Fortune kills me because she lurves him. :B Replayed (and finally beat!!) 8 over the summer and Squall just irked me. Same with Rinoa.

You DO realize that FFVII is the basis for almost every RPG after it's time, right? The story line of FFVII set the pace of every RPG that followed in it's footsteps. The you cant call the characters of the game that were the basis for just about every protagonist/antagonist of every RPG to come "cookie cutter" when they started it all.

You DO realize that FFVII is the basis for almost every RPG after it's time, right?  The story line of FFVII set the pace of every RPG that followed in it's footsteps.  The you cant call the characters of the game that were the basis for just about every protagonist/antagonist of every RPG to come "cookie cutter" when they started it all.

Herpderp maybe it did break the genre, but it was still kinda overhyped. =/

I downloaded the game expecting it to be so awesome that it gave me a foot massage as well as an engaging storyline.

I HAVE YET TO RECEIVE THE FOOT MASSAGE.

But seriously, the fanbase makes it out to be like some amazing godly game that breaks the fourth wall and every stereotype ever. It's entertaining. Not godly.

Don't get me wrong, it's still right up there for me with Bioshock and the other greats. I just wouldn't consider it to be the OMGBESTEVUR.

(I still love it though)

Edited by Drer'Ahv

You didn't get the foot massage? Odd that. I'm booked in with Reno on Thursday.

LOL'ed at this xd.png on the floor xd.png

Ditto ninja.gif

Agreed. Zach was okay, and Cloud I just have to like as a character, but other than that they weren't very appealing. Cloud is a bit of a downer, but I could relate a little.

Tifa pissed me off.

Surprisingly, Zack is the ONLY hero I really liked. He was cliche but his character overall was nice. And most of all, HE WASN'T EMO LIKE CLOUD. D< THAT'S what pisses me off about Cloud, not to mention he keeps feeling sorry for himself about Aerith. >.>

You have no idea how much I epically hate Tifa. I just hatehatehate her. She just...annoys me in much the same way Yuffie does. x.x

While I'll say I'm not really a huge fan of VII in the first place, the original game was more 'meh' than omgihateithateithatehatehaterunfromtheabomination like I felt about DoC. I guess you can say I almost enjoyed the story behind VII once I got over my 'wow, this is overhyped' mode and was thoroughly disappointed with the mess DoC made of an already well established storyline and solid (even if a bit cookie-cutter) characters.

Internet is (moderately) more reliable. I'd recommend just hunting down a copy of the game - if you have a PC that can run... Windows 95, I think? Maybe 98? You can get it fairly decently priced rather than paying through the nose for it. Or you can get the three-in-one special for much less than the original. Then you get the benefit of having VIII and IX as well. Because Squall and Zidane rock, and Kuja can slap Sephiroth's face with his dirty thong any day of the week.

I really liked DoC. o.O I think it did fine, I liked knowing more about Vincent. >.>

Um. The only computer I own is my very nice laptop which runs Windows 7. >.> Maybe this is also why I can't play DoC on it. >: Maybe it's incompatible....DX

I don't know who Squall, Zidane, OR Kuja are. Remember I've only VI Advance and VII side stories.

As for your hate of Tifa, I can't say I feel much for her expect I wish Cloud would quit drooling over her.

Why didn't Sephiroth kill TIFA instead of Aerith? Aerith is like the ONLY female character I LIKED.

You DO realize that FFVII is the basis for almost every RPG after it's time, right? The story line of FFVII set the pace of every RPG that followed in it's footsteps. The you cant call the characters of the game that were the basis for just about every protagonist/antagonist of every RPG to come "cookie cutter" when they started it all.

Is it now? /doesn't play tons of video games

But seriously, the fanbase makes it out to be like some amazing godly game that breaks the fourth wall and every stereotype ever. It's entertaining. Not godly.

Don't get me wrong, it's still right up there for me with Bioshock and the other greats. I just wouldn't consider it to be the OMGBESTEVUR.

I think it's godly. And I also consider it OMGBESTEVUR. 8D /epic fangirl Maybe this is because my video game knowledge is lacking. But I like it that way. Nothing tops FFVII in my mind. >.>

You didn't get the foot massage? Odd that. I'm booked in with Reno on Thursday.

You have no idea how confused I am right now. xd.png

Surprisingly, Zack is the ONLY hero I really liked. He was cliche but his character overall was nice. And most of all, HE WASN'T EMO LIKE CLOUD. D< THAT'S what pisses me off about Cloud, not to mention he keeps feeling sorry for himself about Aerith. >.>

I do quite like Zack <3 But I see nothing wrong with poor Cloud D:<

You have no idea how much I epically hate Tifa. I just hatehatehate her. She just...annoys me in much the same way Yuffie does. x.x

I kinda like Yuffie... *mumbles*

I really liked DoC. o.O I think it did fine, I liked knowing more about Vincent. >.>

LOVED DoC, no one is sayin' otherwise <3 I'm currently working on finishing all the extra missons. I've gotten all the extras in the levels tongue.gif

Is it now? /doesn't play tons of video games

It is indeed /plays a lot of video games xd.png

I think it's godly. And I also consider it OMGBESTEVUR. 8D /epic fangirl Maybe this is because my video game knowledge is lacking. But I like it that way. Nothing tops FFVII in my mind. >.>

DITTO.

You have no idea how confused I am right now. xd.png

Teehee.

You DO realize that FFVII is the basis for almost every RPG after it's time, right?  The story line of FFVII set the pace of every RPG that followed in it's footsteps.  The you cant call the characters of the game that were the basis for just about every protagonist/antagonist of every RPG to come "cookie cutter" when they started it all.

Um... how many RPGs did you play before FF7? Every character can easily be traced to earlier games, and indeed earlier literature. They're quite generic. Guarantee if you play Dragon Quest/King's Quest/Arc the Lad/any fantasy RPG you will see every single character type that's in FF7 perfectly replicated. Except many of these games came out much earlier. smile.gif

Sorry, but... they're very, VERY cookie cutter. You can trace the EXACT same character archetypes to manga that came out in the 70s and quality fantasy literature that came out decades before. All FF7 did was break from the 'Final Fantasy must take place in an (almost) entirely fantasy world' and give us characters who drive cars and fly planes. aka: it introduced the 'steampunk fantasy' genre.

So no points for originality. Points only for pretty backgrounds and a girl-haired annoyance who missed when he threw his rock and is eternally inferior to a woman with hair swept into demon horns and a thong-wearing silver-haired magician with genome-angst. xd.png

Edit: And the EMBRYO! The evil Dark Lord Embryo from Arc the Lad! Dude, how could I forget that evil little snot?! But to keep in with Final Fantasy instead of a horrid tangent... let's also not forget the TREE!!! The awesome tree that could only be defeated by magic crystals in the hands of a chocobo-lovin' mimic! Huzzah!

Edited by Wends

Why didn't Sephiroth kill TIFA instead of Aerith? Aerith is like the ONLY female character I LIKED.

Yeah, the downer thing was a bit over the edge.

I had almost forgot about Yuffie. I was trying to forget. tongue.gif

Aerith was my favorite female character... only one I didn't hate actually, so it was kind of a given.

And HOW could I have forgotten Genesis? He was my favorite villain. Sephiroth was just too strange. Might have been the translation sucking too though.

tbh I disliked Genesis, but only because it was painfully obvious that Gackt was buying his way into the series.

Elsewise I may've liked him. But this isn't elsewise, and I don't.

FFXIV is the only FF I've played, and it fails (currently), hopefully with new updates this changes fast.

Yeah, the downer thing was a bit over the edge.

I had almost forgot about Yuffie. I was trying to forget. tongue.gif

Aerith was my favorite female character... only one I didn't hate actually, so it was kind of a given.

And HOW could I have forgotten Genesis? He was my favorite villain. Sephiroth was just too strange. Might have been the translation sucking too though.

lol. Same with me, about Aerith.

Gensis was awesome. 8D EXCEPT I HATE THAT BLASTED POEM. It should be burned.

Sephiroth was epic. D<

tbh I disliked Genesis, but only because it was painfully obvious that Gackt was buying his way into the series.

That too, only I liked Genesis.. >.> Only I didn't know about Gackt until after I played DoC.

FFXIV is the only FF I've played, and it fails (currently), hopefully with new updates this changes fast.

Oh, boo. (sighs) Looks like I'll be cuddling with my PS1 for the rest of eternity when it comes to needing me some Final Fantasy goodness. (That and my Gameboy, as Tactics: Advanced rocks yer socks)

Gensis was awesome. 8D EXCEPT I HATE THAT BLASTED POEM. It should be burned.

Wait wait whoa, what's wrong with LOVELESS? ._. I must play devil's advocate on this one.

Genesis was awesome 8D I'm gonna cosplay as him at our next Anime con... heh...

Seph was epicly creepy 8D

Edited cuz my quote went wacky o.o

Edited by Kaini

Wait wait whoa, what's wrong with LOVELESS? ._. I must play devil's advocate on this one.

Seph was epicly creepy 8D

LOVELESS is repetitive. And I hate it.

How was he creepy? ._.

@Fortune: Buy it now. 8D It's epic. xd.png

LOVELESS is repetitive. And I hate it.

How was he creepy? ._.

Ooook... I'd see how it's so repetitive except for the last act tongue.gif

Um... You don't find him even slightly creepy? xd.png He chopped off Jenova's head and carried it around for one xd.png

Not sayin' I don't love him to death, just sayin' he is a leeelte creepy <3

That would be kinda a downside to a relationship with Sephy. He has a severe mother complex.

I mean, can you imagine meeting up with him on a date and he asks if it's okay to bring his mother along while holding up her head?

He probably make sure she got her own seat in the theatre too.

That would be kinda a downside to a relationship with Sephy. He has a severe mother complex.

I mean, can you imagine meeting up with him on a date and he asks if it's okay to bring his mother along while holding up her head?

He probably make sure she got her own seat in the theatre too.

*falls over laughing* You are so right xd.png Couldn't have said it better ^^ Brilliant. xd.png

I purchased Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light about a month ago. Finally almost complete with all the extra achievements. Game was quite fun.

Hai guise, remember me?

Genesis is a creep. This is turned up to eleven in fanfiction where he's a sex crazed lunatic. D:

Nggghhh... I mean to get The 4 Heroes of Light, but eh, financial issues. I ADORE the art for that game and the main characters are freggin' adorable. <333

My favorite is number 8 and then 10-2. In 8 I got to the last boss and can't beat him because I'm not at a high enough level. Once I get around to it I'm going to start over and I'll do it right.

Does anyone have a list of all the final fantasy games? I have been wanting to play through the series, but because they are spread out among so many different systems I'm confused as to what order they go in.

AetherWolf, yeek, this is why I don't read fanfiction xP I like Genesis too much to ruin it tongue.gif

Ooook... I'd see how it's so repetitive except for the last act tongue.gif

Um... You don't find him even slightly creepy? xd.png He chopped off Jenova's head and carried it around for one xd.png

Not sayin' I don't love him to death, just sayin' he is a leeelte creepy <3

The last act is the only part of that poem that I don't hate. The rest of it should be burned and never remembered. D<

Nope, not really. @_@ Jenova is what creeps me out, but Jenova is also evil enough that I don't hate it/her/him...what gender is Jenova again? @_@

Hm. I think I just found another reason to hate Cloud. Didn't he kill the original Seph at Nibelheim? I need to play Crisis Core again. >:

I DUN CARE. lol

Genesis is a creep. This is turned up to eleven in fanfiction where he's a sex crazed lunatic. D:

Like Kaini said: this is why I don't read fanfics. lol I make up my own so they're not weird like that. @_@

Now that I think about it, Hojo was kinda interesting as well. @_@

What's the Four Heroes of Light about? /has payday on Saturday

Edited by Infinis