Hiei101

Final Fantasy

True, the ending can make or break memories of the game, but it doesn't affect much while you are actually playing it.

Also true. But I don't want to pay for a game that I know will leave me with bad memories and increase my frustration with SE.

Anyway, this solves my budget issues. I'll just pre-order Type-0 as soon as we have a release date.

And at any rate now that both Type-0 and XIII-2 are out they'll have to say something (anything) about Versus soon. Unless they want to finish XIII-3/Type-1/KH3/XV first >_>. Or shift the spotlight to theatrythm.

Unless they start paying more attention to FFXIV...

That's been featured in a few gaming magazines lately.

I think they made some changes lately but those were developed at the same time as XIII-2 and Type-0 so that's probably just because they have nothing else to talk about.

XIII-2 is selling even less than XIII and they're trying to blame that on a lack of interest from the female audience and on XIV's lack of quality (this second one was given by Yoichi Wada, SE CEO >_>) but I doubt a drop in sales of 2/3 (for the PS3 version) is just girls not buying it and XIV's suck factor.

They don't want to adress that issue so they're trying to divert the public's atention with their renewed interest in making XIV a better game.

The Xbox version of XIII-2 sold around 10k units and the PS3 version around 524k. It seems FF has received much more damage to its reputation than they thought, and admittedly more than I thought too. On the other hand Type-0 sales charts were "through the roof" so that makes me think this will likely be limited to XIII, XIII-2 and XIV.

On a more positive note, this bodes well for the possibility of Versus info soon wub.gif . Relevant Versus info would be the best Christmas gift SE could give us. *hint* *hint*

Edited by LocaRoca

I can't play any of the online FF games anyway, as my laptop is far too slow.

And I agree that the poor sales for FFXIII-2 has not got anything to do with girls not being interested. Not with Caius in it o3o

Not with Caius in it o3o

^This. SE forgot the reason they made a smexy antagonist in the first place.

I only play free online games so don't have an opinion on XIV but the general feeling when it was launched was that it wasn't as good as XI. Not really keeping up with it but it seems they added airships and other stuff some time ago to try to change the public's views on the game. Don't know if it worked.

Some news today reminded me of something. They're still working on KH 3D T.T . Bye bye Versus info. See you in about a year? Pretty please?

I have not played one for quite some time now. Though considering getting the newest one soon to come out. Maybbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbe.....

Some news today reminded me of something. They're still working on KH 3D T.T . Bye bye Versus info. See you in about a year? Pretty please?

This might be something if I could play KH 3D, but I can't so it isn't D:

I don't have a DS either. And Riku is one of my favorite video game characters too T_T.

KH 3D has its release set to March atm so I guess we'd better not expect anything FF related until then.

That's too far away D:

Versus better come with a bucket of freebies. Like tickets to dinner at SE HQ or something.

I'd already be happy with it just coming out. Just gimme the game and I'll jump around in joy for as long as you want me to.

Well yeah. That too xd.png

I'm still curious as to how Stella will be different to all the other female FF characters.

Simple. She's blonde cool.gif .

Just joking. I don't really know. I haven't played all main FF games but I still think that'd would be kind of hard to pull off right since there's a lot of variety among previous FF heroines.

I'm guessing they're talking about her personality, powers or situation (or maybe all of them). She does indeed seem to be different from other FF heroines in that despite being the game's main female character she's actually fighting against the main male character apparently of her own free will.

From what we've seen of her personality in her short conversation with Noctis she seems like the usual pure, kind, optimistic type and seeing her fight Noctis shows that she's ready to do whatever it takes to reach her goals. From this perspective her personality doesn't look very different from past FF heroines but we don't have enough info.

The fact that she seems to have the exact same type of powers as the main male character is also new I think.

Good points.

I got Crisis Core for Christmas. Just beat Wutai and bumped into Sephy.

How the hell do you level up in this game? And recover health and MP outside potions ro magic? Are there any inns anywhere?

How the hell do you level up in this game?

It's a bit of a strange system. Basically when you defeat enemies you get exp just like any other game. When you have enough exp to raise a level, the slot machine (DMW) will spin. If you get 777 you gain a level, if it doesn't you stay on the same level. However you don't loose experience if you don't manage to gain a new level. That's why there's kind of two level counts, the level that you are at and the level you could be at. There's a formula to calculate your chance of leveling up at a certain moment but I never really learned it.

Btw, though the system looks like a pain to play with, the bonus status effects and materia leveling up and fusion balance it out perfectly in my opinion.

And recover health and MP outside potions ro magic?

Save points and DMW.

Are there any inns anywhere?

Nope. Well there will be one but only as part of the storyline.

Dumbapples! xd.png

It's a bit of a strange system. Basically when you defeat enemies you get exp just like any other game. When you have enough exp to raise a level, the slot machine (DMW) will spin. If you get 777 you gain a level, if it doesn't you stay on the same level. However you don't loose experience if you don't manage to gain a new level. That's why there's kind of two level counts, the level that you are at and the level you could be at. There's a formula to calculate your chance of leveling up at a certain moment but I never really learned it.

Btw, though the system looks like a pain to play with, the bonus status effects and materia leveling up and fusion balance it out perfectly in my opinion.

Oh yay. I just need to keep leveling.

Save points and DMW.

The save points only seem to save my game D:

Nope. Well there will be one but only as part of the storyline.

Aww shucks.

Dumbapples! xd.png

xd.png

The save points only seem to save my game D:

My memory must be playing pranks on me then. Sorry my bad. But the DMW does work well in terms of health recovery, at least later in the game.

Still nothing new about FF from SE sad.gif *sigh*

I heard something about a 'die' on purpose tactic. Is it true you get respawned from the last save point with full health/MP? I haven't died yet so I dunno.

Yeah it's true. AP is also completely restored. Funny enough this is limited to the NA version. In the JP version is good ol' game over xd.png.

I have the Europe version D:

I haven't had the chance to go back on it yet. Too busy playing Uncharted 3.

I have the Europe version D:

Same as the NA version. I wrote NA while thinking Western laugh.gif .

Btw you get to keep the items you got during the mission you failed too.

I love Final Fantasy. I Have: Final Fantasy Tactics (The Old Version), 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 10-2, 11, 12 and 13.

I've only Finished 9 Though. >.>"

I usually try to do all of the Quest before Finishing the Game. But, 7 I'm having problems with. I Just need to Defeat Ruby and Emerald (That's the one Under water right?) then I can finish the Game. But, I keep dying about half-way through the battle.

As for Tactics. I'm working on the Deep Dungeon. Which is almost impossible now since all the Characters I use are Level 99. And I'm trying to get everyone Master of All Classes.

My favorite.. Well, There is a tie between Final Fantasy 7, 8 and 10-2.

It's been a long, long time since I last played 7, but if I remember correctly there is something you can get to increase the time limit against the Emerald Weapon. Have you got it?

I usually try to do all of the Quest before Finishing the Game. But, 7 I'm having problems with. I Just need to Defeat Ruby and Emerald (That's the one Under water right?) then I can finish the Game. But, I keep dying about half-way through the battle.

Well, of course they aren't necessary to go beat the game... But I understand you from a completionist's point of view. xd.png

I used the cheapest trick in the book to win. smile.gif

Cait Sith. (snuggles the only part of FF7 she really, really loves - the rest of it? 'Meh.' At least to me.)

Edited by Wends