Hiei101

Final Fantasy

Like I said, I had nothing to back up the theory lol. I'm only coming up with random plots to fill in the time until it's released.

We could do with some new info on Versus. It's been too long.

Even so the theory is plausible except for explaining how Light would acquire godly powers, but SE could easily overcome that I'm sure. The part about Caius is really just a mystery. There's nothing seemingly impossible about it.

Since we're on crazy theories, I have one too. Noel is Serah's and Snow's son who they sent 700 years to the future when he was a baby, so he could learn what happens and how to time travel, come back and save everybody.

(╯`Д´)╯︵ ┻━┻

As a baby? To a time when humans are nearly gone and the world is dying? Sure they must know he survives (having met an older him) but that just seems kinda cruel.

Cruel yes, but maybe also necessary. As of now it seems he'll function as a catalyst for the start of the whole plot, and if the future is saved no doubt it will be due to him going back in time. What better way would they have to make sure that actually happens other than sending someone to the future? If they don't there's no guarantee someone else will do it.

We don't know how he came to be the last human. It could have been something that happened gradually or a sudden huge-scale incident.

He's Caius' apprentice in the future so I doubt he's just some random nobody Caius picked up from the streets. Even if he became his student after becoming the last human on the planet, surely he'd have to have some kind of special power previously to be able to learn how to timetravel.

(╯`Д´)╯︵ ┻━┻

Holy Chocobos... O.o

Wait...does that mean Noel could potentially take over from Caius at some point?

And is it wrong that I find Caius more attractive than Sephiroth?

I'm convinced that's exactly why they made Noel Caius' student, even if he ends up not having any sort of connection to Light's current/future position.

Sephiroth scares the censorkip.gif out of me! But Caius I'd take home any day d(°٢°)b . I get the feeling he might be more like one of those "evil by circumstance/P.O.V." guys.

(╯`Д´)╯︵ ┻━┻

Whoa.

I wonder if that means Caius isn't as immortal as he thinks he is.

I got that impression too. Caius seems to genuinely believe that what he is doing is right.

Yes and in one of the trailers he even hints that he wishes Noel and Serah would succeed.

News about XIII-2, though there's not much that's actually "new":

From Weekly Famitsu's interview with Motomu Toriyama this week comes word that the Japanese version of Final Fantasy XIII-2 was recently completed. The staff is currently at work on the game's North American and European versions, and on download content.

The Japanese version of XIII-2 will lead the rest of the world with a December 15 release on both PS3 and Xbox 360.

Toriyama shared a number of bits about XIII-2 with Famitsu, covering download content, play time and more. Here are the major points from the interview, based off Sokuho@Hokanko's summary.

Play Time

The main story can be cleared be cleared in 30 to 40 hours. However, there's a bunch of extra stuff beyond this.

The game's story is split into chapters, each taking about 2 to 3 hours. It appears that one of the goals was to make the chapters fit right into your daily schedule.

You can expect plenty of replay value by rewinding time in the Historia Crux system. The time rewind system, which resets the area to its initial point, is meant to let players try to see what types of things they can do. You'll find a number of events known as "Paradox Endings" if you play around with this system.

Once you've cleared the game, if you restart using your save file, you'll return to the Historia Crux just before the final boss battle. You'll be able to use this as a "New Game Plus" style feature, rewinding individual areas to replay them with your more powerful characters. There are also a number of Paradox Endings that you won't be able to try out until your second passthrough.

Bonus Goodies for FFXIII Players

Toriyama confirmed once again that the game will give an item (or items) to those who have a save file from the original FFXIII, but once again he did not share specifics. Those with a save file will also get a wallpaper, he revealed.

Download Content

The game's DLC is being worked on by a separate team consisting of younger staff. This team is separate from the team that's working on the overseas version of the game.

The first DLC will be the boss monster Omega (details here). In general, the game's monster DLC will consist of boss fights that you fight at a colosseum, an area that can't be entered in the main game. If you crystalize the DLC boss, you can make it into a party member and take it out from the colosseum with you.

In addition to monsters, the game will include non-monster enemies as well. While Omega is the first DLC, Toriyama is hoping to release costumes for Serah and Noel quickly. He's also hoping to release large scale content, as well as content that brings changes to the Historia Crux.

The current plan is to release download content through Spring of next year at a pace of once every two weeks. Toriyama would not share final DLC pricing, only saying that it's currently under investigation.

The DLC will not affect Trophies or the story, Toriyama assured. These areas can be completed with the disc on its own.

Many of the initial pieces of DLC are actually in the form of retailer specific pre-order bonuses. Square Enix has announced all the pre-order bonus items they're going to announce, Toriyama confirmed, so you can probably decide where you want to buy the game now. There's currently no plan to release the pre-order items separately.

Music

XIII-2 has multiple composers. They all had specific roles, it seems. Masashi Hamauzu, returning from the original, focused on Lightning and areas from the original. Naoshi Mizuta headed up music related to Noel. Mitsuto Suzuki worked techno pop and other modern tastes into his contributions.

The vocal pieces from the original were apparently well received, so they've done more of this for the sequel

Other Bits

A few other bits mentioned by Toriyama in the interview:

-The puzzles you encounter as part of the story aren't too difficult, but the optional puzzles include some so difficult that Toriyama himself can't clear them.

-The game's load times have been improved beyond previous builds. While it's a bit long at start of an area, after this there's hardly any loading.

-You can visit the same area in multiple time periods. They've made it so that the area has clear differences across each time period.

-Both your characters and the Chocobos you ride can jump. You'll even be able to increase the characters' jumping ability in the latter half of the game.

-During battle, it's pretty much a requirement that you make use of Paradigm Shifts. However, if you have difficulty winning a battle, you can switch to easy mode whenever you like.

-The Moogle Lock system was redone multiple times. Initially, it was just a straight gauge, but they eventually set it so that its color would match the monster's movements.

Btw this is not the "big scoop!" Famitsu has for us this week. Just some leaked info before it goes on sale. Haven't found anything about the sccop yet.

(╯`Д´)╯︵ ┻━┻

-The puzzles you encounter as part of the story aren't too difficult, but the optional puzzles include some so difficult that Toriyama himself can't clear them.

I am so glad I ordered the walkthrough.

Yay for wallpaper! I'm still using the Hope one I unlocked from the first game.

I didn't really like any of them. Actually I haven't changed my PS3 theme since I bought it. I'm so picky with my wallpapers. On my laptop I have it cycling on a few hundreds of wallpapers at 1 minute intervals so I don't get bored of them.

I think I'll be leaving those puzzles for my second run and have gamefaqs help me with them then.

No big scoop yet.

(╯`Д´)╯︵ ┻━┻

Each to their own I guess lol

Huh...Amazon are suddenly saying the PS3 limited edition version is not available...

No idea what that could mean. Never use amazon. I do know that Amazon has Versus in Pre-order so I lol at them.

Apparently staff members of several English Final Fantasy fansites were invited to fly to L.A. to try out an almost complete version of XIII-2 by SE last month. Don't know about other sites but the one I go to just released some impressions. There are only impressions without spoilers so it's safe. Here's the link.

Still don't know anything about Famitsu's scoop. Guess it must have been something else.

(╯`Д´)╯︵ ┻━┻

Dunno anything about abilities yet -3-.

Dunno anything about the scoop yet either. I guess I really was delusional after all. If it had anything to do with Versus it'd be all over the place by now.

Btw Type-0 is still 9th in the all-time PSP games Japan sales top. Places 1~4 are Monster Hunter titles of which the first 2 have over 4 million units sold (HOLY MUDKIPZ!!) and the other 2 over 1 million. 5th place is taken by Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, 6th by the original Dissidia, 7th by Crisis Core and 8th by KH: Birth by Sleep. Type-0 can surpass BbS with about 60~70k units and Crisis with about 110~120k units. I believe it will in the next couple of months.

Type-0 got there in one month. Why hasn't it arrived here yet? dry.gif

(╯`Д´)╯︵ ┻━┻

Wait!

I have a plan!

*bakes some chocobo shaped cookies*

Now all I have to do is lay a trail of these from SE HQ in Japan leading to my door in England.

God help them if they don't bring a copy of Type-0 with them.

Why didn't I think of that before?

*Bakes a Noctis McMuffin army*

They better bring an English Type-0 and some very relevant Versus news with them.

Found a place with all the questions the Final Fantasy fansites' staff members made to the developers that were with them at the event.

Haven't read through all of it yet so no comments from me, but here it is.

(╯`Д´)╯︵ ┻━┻

Oh my God.

I have never wanted a muffin so badly in my life.

Yay for being to re-fight bosses though. In (nearly) every FF game I've played there have been bosses that I would have loved to tackle again (no...not you Barty). I'm so glad that option is up there happy.gif

I absolutely love the idea of being able to reset specific areas of the game while still playing.

I always have a bunch of save files for each FF game because there are always a lot of cutscenes I feel like rewatching.

(╯`Д´)╯︵ ┻━┻

That's what FFXIII-2 needs, a gallery feature. I don't even mind if it is kind of like the one in FFX, where you can buy movies you have already seen.

lol i was sure i had the XII but turns out i have XIII and im so pissed wiht it right now im stuck with this god robot thing that looks like a snake

freaking pwns me with his massive spells

ive tried like every combination even using my eidolon

and i almost never use them

favorite character Hope do i hate his eidolon

Edited by alexxo97