Hiei101

Final Fantasy

You don't need to double post, just use 'edit'.

I think you are talking about Dahaka. He was one of my favourite boss fights happy.gif

Start off in your favoured buffing paradigm and get your usual buffs up. Dahaka mainly attacks with magic, so try to use shell if you can. The boss also has a physical attack, but it’s not a big worry. Slow will give you some room to move, as will casting haste too! Dahaka doesn’t attack often, but tends to hit hard when it does.

The boss has quite a bit of HP, but is easy to stagger, so once the buffs and debuffs are up, switch to relentless assault and let fly. Be sure to take full advantage when Dahaka staggers, as it does not remain vulnerable for long! Be on your most offensive paradigm- it can’t fight back while it is on the floor.

Dahaka has a few ‘super attacks’ it will execute, normally when near staggering. One is an AOE versus the whole party (does about 50% damage to everyone), the other is a single target attack doing about 70% damage and inflicting some status effects. You get plenty of warning though, so just switch to a defensive paradigm to absorb the hurt, then to a healing offensive paradigm (like diversity) to strike back while you heal up. Use combat clinic or protection if you’re really hurting- just in case there is a follow up attack.

There is one attack that is cause for concern, and it inflicts a pile of negative status effects- go on the defensive and dispel them with ensuna, and then return to the offensive. Keep your HP above about 75-80% at all times.

After using one of these Attacks, Dahaka will gain a new set of elemental strengths and weaknesses- use them to inflict maximum damage, or just avoid healing him- just like the aster protoflorian. Elemental properties of Dahaka’s attacks will also change, so use Bar spells to reduce incoming damage.

Just stay on your toes, keep your health up, re apply buffs as needed and switch to defensive paradigms when you are about to receive a big attack. Keep this up and Dahaka should fall in no time.

Edit: Also, this man deserves a cookie.

Edited by Fortune86

Yes. Yes he does 0_0. If not for the lack of visible joints I'd swear that's a photoshopped action figure.

Small bit of news about XIII-2. We now know Caius' full name <3.

The upcoming issue of Jump provides details on two of the more mysterious areas of Final Fantasy XIII-2, the Caius character and the Fragment system.

Regarding Caius, fully Caius Ballad, the magazine reveals that he is in pursuit of Noel. He has tremendous strength. However, he is cold and does not show his feelings, so no one can tell what his goals or thoughts are.

As previously detailed, Fragment is the name for the quests you clear in the game's various time periods. What's actually going on is, you're clearing up time paradoxes in each era. when you clear a paradox, you receive a fragment as your reward. The fragments are inscribed with bits of knowledge and folklore/legends.

(╯`Д´)╯︵ ┻━┻

EDIT: I just leveled your Joyce and it evolved xd.png

Edited by LocaRoca

Cauis...Ballad?

Whatever I was expecting, it was not that. I can hear Tenma now.

Okay SE, no need to keep talking about FFXIII-2's time travel. I am officially sold. Let's move on to some Versus stuff shall we?

Why thank you *gives a chocobo shaped cookie*

My plan to lure someone from SE to my house has hit a snag. The cookies keep sinking in the ocean.

*eats chocobo shapped cookie* Delicious.

Not as bad as Snow Villiers. I'm not from an English speaking country and Villiers sounds kind of like my word for groins >_>.

Caius Ballad sounds pretty good with a Japanese accent.

Let's move on to some Versus stuff shall we?

^THIS!! And an English version for Type-0 if you please. We'll even let you choose which one you want to do first.

It's okay. We can just make a trail from SE HQ to a plane and another one from the closest airport to our doorsteps. They'll fall for it for sure ninja.gif

Just for the record, the Famitsu scoop was most likely the new info about Yakuza 5.

(╯`Д´)╯︵ ┻━┻

All I know about Villiers is that it's some place in Canada.

As far as I know (although I'm probably wrong) Canada = Snow.

So to me the name makes some kind of sense lol

*headdesks* Why didn't I think of that? Now how to make sure they have the fare for the plan ticket...

Aw. That's a shame. D:

That does make some sense.

But it still sounds wrong to me tongue.gif .

*gets a hammer and smashes piggy bank*

We got the money. We can put it in a box along with some Chocobo cookies and Noctis muffins and deliver it at SE HQ once we're done with the trail. We'll write a letter out of cut up magazine letters saying "If you want more follow the trail".

No big news about XIII-2 but we did get a big Caius render. Now to wait for a clean version.

(╯`Д´)╯︵ ┻━┻

We better put in something about bringing the game with them too. Don't want them coming all this way empty handed.

Dammit. Caius is too pretty to be a bad guy.

キタ━━━(゜∀゜)━━━!!!!!

キタ━━━(゜∀゜)━━━!!!!!

キタワァ*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・゜(n‘∀‘)η゚・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・* !!!!!

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Q: What else can you tell us about the other Fabula Nova Crystallis games? We haven’t heard anything about Type-0 or Versus lately.

A: [Laughs] Type-0, as you probably know already, was released in Japan last month, so that one’s finished. We’re currently working on the North American and European versions which you will know of very soon. Versus hasn’t been released in Japan yet, but we released a trailer last January. We’re working really hard to finish it. We’ll reveal new stuff within the next few months.

This is a translation of an interview Yoshinori Kitase gave a Spanish site, www.vandal.net. Although this isn't my translation I have an almost perfect understanding of the Spanish used here and can confirm the translation is completely correct. You can see it here. It's on the second page.

( ^ _^)o自自o(^_^ ) *cheers* ヽ(´ー`)人(´∇`)人(`Д´)ノ *high-five*

Guess I can put the table back for now

┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)

What do we do with all the cookies and muffins now blink.gif ?

Huzzah!

I'll have to take your word for it, as I know no Spanish what so ever, but I am now a very happy Fortune happy.gif

Erm....eat them?

Edited by Fortune86

I don't want to get fat(ter) D:

Also.... "next few months" for Versus dry.gif ? But we'll let it slide (at least until we have a copy of Type-0 in our hands >:]).

In the same interview he also says there are no plans at the moment for a FF VII HD/remake ("but who knows"), only for X. Other than that it's all old XII-2 news.

I hadn't realised the FF X HD remake is to be released for the Vita. I thought it was only for PS3.

*does the happy dance*

I find this in English.

I wonder if it can be downloaded for the Vita? I plan on getting one.

I'm not sure if I want the FFX remake. The mini-games for the weapons did my head in something awful.

Got hold of a Final Fantasy X game... xd.png I'm such a loser for specials

Update #2: It appears the original site that posted the article has stealth-edited the information about Final Fantasy Type-0 out of the article. Whether this was intentional or instructed by Square-Enix for prematurely revealing information remains to be seen.

(╯`Д´)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯`Д´)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯`Д´)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯`Д´)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯`Д´)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯`Д´)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯`Д´)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯`Д´)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯`Д´)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯`Д´)╯︵ ┻━┻

Technically that part was actually changed to

[Laughs] Type-0, as you probably know already, was released in Japan last month, so that one’s finished. Versus hasn’t been released in Japan yet, but we released a trailer last January. There is nothing confirmed for Europe yet. The moment we finish will be when I sit down and plan the next move.

So we went from "Hey we're working on a Type-0 for you Western folk and expect to hear something about Versus in the next few months" to "Hmm... I'm not sure we want to release Versus for you Europeans. Pipe down about it rabid fans, we gave you a trailer with almost nothing near a year ago. Also Type-0's finished."

It doesn't matter! We've already seen it! They wouldn't have typed it up as part of that interview unless it was said!

However, with SE being the trolls they are, chance are we won't see it until 2013. Late 2013.

I hope you're right. As someone said "My soul is bleeding.".

In the meantime we got new info on an outfit for Noel based on Assassin's Creed: Revelations. It's the result of collaboration between SE and Ubisoft. Looks pretty cool IMO.

... (╯`Д´)╯︵ ┻━┻

Oh wow. That is awesome.

Why couldn't whoever did that do the designs for Sera's alternate costumes too?

Because Serah's costumes had to be (oficially) drawn by a currently popular otaku idol so they could be used as a publicity stunt. No matter how I look at her drafts they look like they were based on the final drawings rather than the other way around. Ops I said it.

... my soul is still bleeding T^T

I think it'll die of blood loss soon if it doesn't get some sort of comment about what happened from SE. *hint* *hint*

... (╯`Д´)╯︵ ┻━┻

Maybe we just gotta wish harder?

*dons Charlotte's massive pink dress from the Princess and the Frog and looks at the nearest star*

Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, PLEASE!

Did it work?

HOLY censorkip.gif! IT DID!

The Type-0 Ultimania Guide, which just hit retail today, also has an interview with Tabata, and here Tabata says that the game's staff is working on the overseas version of Type-0.

Try and edit THAT out SE! Muahahaha *cough* *cough*

Love how Tabata denied it yesterday only to be confirmed today by an older interview... with him user posted image.

... why didn't you do that before D: ?

So... the news about Versus we were supposed to get in the next few months... is that its moogles are similar to Type-0's...

Some days, table flips you.

┳━┳︵(ₒ⁻ₒ)

I don't know D:

Do dresses come with only one wish each? Because I have a very limited wardrobe.

The only Versus themed 'dresses' I can find are for boys. I don't want to colour/cut my hair...

We can mix Roen's women's and men's clothes and make something Versus-ish. Roen is the fashion brand that designs Noctis' clothes.

I'll be going with this, this, this, this, this, this and this.

Been a while since I last "screenshopped" tongue.gif .

Looks cool happy.gif

I wonder if I could dress up as Stella, because with a bit of a tweak to my fringe I could have her hair. The colour is even the same as mine.