Hiei101

Final Fantasy

Doesn't sound hard. Her clothes are pretty normal. Ok looks like we have a plan >:]

Saw this a couple of days ago but totally forgot about it. Yummy.

*drools*

I wonder who he is talking to/about?

Anyway, thoughts on Stella? Bad guy? Good guy? Starts off as a baddie then becomes an ally? Vice versa?

She looks... annoying to me honestly. As for being good or bad I get the feeling she's going to be kind of like Caius, evil by circumstance.

I'm guessing he's talking to either Light, Serah or both.

Did you notice that's Etro's throne he's sitting on? This and the recently released intro video lend some support to your theory that Light is Etro's successor. Caius however seems to want to take her place, reasons unknown.

We know Buniberzei is looking for a way to get into the invisible world. Maybe Caius works for him? If Caius can take Etro's/Lightning's place then maybe he'll have the power to let Buniberzei in?

But he has Etro script on his armor so he's more likely to be connected to Etro. Maybe he just wants to take over to stop anyone else from timetravelling and changing the future? That seems to be the reason he's after Noel and Serah.

Maybe Etro's script isn't just Etro's script? Maybe it is also Buniberzei's?

Edit: How the hell do you pronounce 'Buniberzei' anyway? I keep saying 'bunny-bear-z' xd.png

Edited by Fortune86

Er...I suppose so. Theory killed xd.png

Why does Chocoline look like a cheap stripper?

Caius's beads on the headband keep making me think of Captain Jack Sparrow.

Maybe they thought that'd be a good way to compensate the male players for the lack of shops in the previous game. We get Caius :3.

Caius's beads on the headband keep making me think of Captain Jack Sparrow.

That was the first thing that came to mind when I first saw him and exactly what made me instantly like him wub.gif .

For some reason those things hanging from the Chocobos' heads remind me of alpacas. The length of their necks seems strange too especially when riding. I don't like these Chocobos >_>. Why couldn't they just go with the traditional birds of awesome?

Good deal there lol.

I kept thinking they were the bird version of pigtails or something.

Is that there a red chocobo I can see? So you can find coloured ones outside of the mini games. Please let there be black ones!

Edit: From what I have managed to snuffle out, it seems Versus may be based in the same universe as FF13/13-2. The whole Etro/Buniberzi thing will be a large part of the plot.

EditEdit: Crazy theory time!

If Versus and 13/2 are set in the same world, then that could be a reason why Versus is taking so long. They only reason we have a 13-2 is because they cut so much from the first game they felt they had enough for another. When they first started planning 13 & Versus (the latter of which takes a long time in the future) they wanted to tie them together somehow, but with the content cut it didn't work any more.

So they started 13-2, which will include all the references/plot details to tie the games in. Say Lightning does take over from Etro, making her the 'Etro' mentioned in Versus. They couldn't release a game with Lighting as a Goddess without explaining how she got there, hence why we have 13-2 and why we have to wait until that has been released until they get serious with Versus.

EditEditEdit: Have description in mind already, just need to find time/energy to type it up.

Edited by Fortune86

XIII, XIII-2, Versus and Type-0 are all set in the same world but in different time periods. That's why they're called the Fabula Nova Crystallis series. All of them have the same mythology and revolve around the same crystal theme but are otherwise unrelated. That was set from the beginning.

The reason Versus is taking so long is that apparently they only entered full production a couple of months ago and were kind of disorganized until then. Versus uses the same Crystal Tools Engine as the other Fabula Nova Crystallis games but recently it was revealed that they are now also getting some help from the Luminous System for lighting which I'm guessing involves a lot of redevelopment (there is NO WAY they could be working with this, this or this in 2006 or with those nice trailers they've shown) and because the development team often had to stop working on Versus to help with XIII's and Advent Children BR's development. Considering that XIII-2 had a development period of about one and a half year I'd say they helped in this one too

Actually what they meant when they said that they had enough for another game was simply that the original XIII was much larger in terms of content but a lot had to be cut out, otherwise they'd have another full game disc. They've stated several times that XIII-2 was made from scratch to avoid the same mistakes they made with its predecessor.

Also around the time SE bought the rights for the Unreal 3 Engine there were rumours that they'd use it for Versus. SE declared they weren't but my theory is that they did use it for a while and then had to redo the whole thing otherwise the timing seems odd.

Etro will play a large part in Versus because she'll be the one to grant Noctis, his father and Stella their special powers. They are acquired when someone has a neardeath experience and survives.

Oh....I had always thought that the only thing they shared was a crystal theme...

*chucks research notes out the window*

In future I'll let you do all the newsbreaking. I suck at it xd.png

Edit: But it would be cool if Lightning showed up in Versus, if only as a cameo.

Edited by Fortune86

I'm just unhealthily fanatic about FF tongue.gif .

Well Seven does look kind of like Lightning in a way and King also kind of looks like Gladiolus from Versus so maybe they'll do something similar for Versus.

I wonder if that is just a mere coincidence or if they are related somehow...

I don't see Lighting having kids, but Serah & Snow might.

I think they did it on purpose but just so we could have some vaguely familiar faces and won't go any further.

I can see Light having kids actually. The way she cares about Serah makes me think she'd be a good mother.

Single mother, unknown father. Sounds like a fanfic laugh.gif.

Or Caius.

It seems the voting for which outfit the idol girl will freeze to death in during XIII-2's launch event is over. The black one won.

I'm still gonna ship Light/Cid until I know more about Caius. Maybe he already has a relationship with his seer sidekick though?

I'll probably never get to use it though. My PS3 can't download stuff.

Well we don't know if any of the DLC outfits and weapons will be released at all outside of Japan or if so under what conditions.

Square Enix USA had filled a trademark for Final Fantasy XIII-3 a few months back but SE Japan PR department agent Akio Ofuji has now stated that it was simply a precautionary move from SE USA done without SE Japan's knowledge and there are no plans for such a sequel.

There better not be. Last week SE announced they're developing a new action RPG unrelated to FF and DQ and yesterday another action RPG was said to be planned for development by SE's First Production Department for PS3 and Vita, the guys that do FF and KH. We know these are 2 different games since the first will be using the Unreal Engine and the second will be using the Unity Engine.

If one of these games or KH3 come out before Versus I SWEAR I'M GONNA....

I wouldn't trust anything anyone from SE says about 'its not gonna happen' ever.

I know Type-0 trademarks have been named all the way up to three.

But yeah, SE needs to start some serious work on Versus now. It's been what, five years since it was announced?

Well SE does like to register trademarks and then let them expire.

On May 1st 2006 there was a registration for a "Final Fantasy Haeresis XIII". They let it expire this year.

Wether it was canned or was never worked on in the first place they never said.

Yup, five years since it was announced >_>. Yet we have barely any info about it and not even a possible release year.

Final Fantasy 'Heresy' XIII?

Hmm. I wonder what kind of plot (if any) they had in mind for that?

Well we don't know if any of the DLC outfits and weapons will be released at all outside of Japan or if so under what conditions.

Square Enix USA had filled a trademark for Final Fantasy XIII-3 a few months back but SE Japan PR department agent Akio Ofuji has now stated that it was simply a precautionary move from SE USA done without SE Japan's knowledge and there are no plans for such a sequel.

There better not be. Last week SE announced they're developing a new action RPG unrelated to FF and DQ and yesterday another action RPG was said to be planned for development by SE's First Production Department for PS3 and Vita, the guys that do FF and KH. We know these are 2 different games since the first will be using the Unreal Engine and the second will be using the Unity Engine.

If one of these games or KH3 come out before Versus I SWEAR I'M GONNA....

KH3 CAN'T come out before Versus. Nomura's team is working on it, and he doesn't have time to do KH3 until after Versus.

That is what they've been telling us isn't it? Yet it's been 6 years since KH 2. Although there has been no lack of sidegames the 1st Production Department learned the hard way that making fans wait too much for the next installment of their flagship series' main games isn't a good idea.

I doubt they haven't been working on it at least since XIII's release although not at full production. Besides just last week they put up a job listing and description to hire more people for the 1st PD and a while ago there was another one for game development in general.

Versus can't be in its initial production stages and it wouldn't make sense to hire more people for Versus if they've just entered full production and the whole 1st PD is working only on it. After all getting new people for an already established team would likely slower their work rather than speed it up if the game is more than half done.

So either:

- Versus is on-schedule (whatever it may be) but they're lying about working solely on it. In this case I doubt they're working on the recently announced action RPG and KH 3 plus Versus at the same time. So they're working on Versus and KH 3. They need more people or we'll be seing these games finished around 2020, maybe around never for Versus.

- Versus is waaaaaaaaaay more delayed than they're letting on. In this case it makes sense that they'd start development on KH 3 sooner so it won't have the same fate as XIII. Again they need more people or we'll be seing these games finished around 2020, maybe around never for Versus.

The 1st production department has never worked solely on a single project so I doubt they'd start now.