Hiei101

Final Fantasy

So from that last statement I can deduce that Versus does still exist!

Yay!

So from that last statement I can deduce that Versus does still exist!

Or at least the parts we've seen on the previous trailer. I sometimes think that what they've shown us is all they've done so far >_>.

Who wants to bet with me which of these games, X HD and Versus, will come out first? I say X HD.

*shooting star passes by* *wishes she'll loose the bet*

Which means that the 1st Production Department is currently working on Versus, X-HD, KH3DS and Theatrythm >_>. No chance of Versus for this year.

I am disappoint. :c I want Versus. :c

Don't they have other production departments they could send everything but Versus off to? <.< Square, y u so mean?? T_T

And what is FF X-HD? What does the HD stand for? o.O

I am disappoint. :c I want Versus. :c

Don't they have other production departments they could send everything but Versus off to? <.< Square, y u so mean?? T_T

High Definition?

They can't send KH away, KH is Nomura's thing. But KH will be out in March, at any rate. And Theatrhytm is out in February. And HD remake won't take nearly as much developmental focus as a full game. I'm not going to give up for a 2012 Japanese release.

Don't they have other production departments they could send everything but Versus off to? <.<

It's the department where they put their best staff so it makes sense they'd be in charge of FF and KH. Unfortunately that means they're always working on several games at a time >_>.

Like 7Deadly$ins said, HD is High Definition. SE decided to remake FF-X in HD. You know, because they have so much free time right now and also because the FF fans in general would totally prefer a FF-X remake to a FF-VII remake.

And HD remake won't take nearly as much developmental focus as a full game.

I disagree on the basis of this being SE we are talking about.

I hope they at least let Nomura focus on Versus more than on X HD. We all know the man's a genius and he was only one of the artists for X, but for Versus he's also the director and designer. I doubt the rest of the Versus team can work that fast without him.

Edited by LocaRoca

-facedesks at the prospect of an X remake-

If they're going to update graphics on something, give it to XII. The game's already just plain beautiful (and downright stunning in cutscenes) as it is, but give it 360/PS3 graphics? That's just pure art there. Why yes, I'm replaying XII right now. Funny thing, I absolutely hated it when I first played it, and didn't pay attention to the plot until towards the very end. A couple years later, I read more into it, and realized I had missed out on something great. Now, I'd call it the best out of the four I've played.)

Better than updating a game where the only good things about it were some of the summons, one character, and some of the music.

... I have four bottles of Dr. Pepper and nothing to do... ... I'm so very, very tempted, but the potential heart attack will keep me away. The Portal drinking game I did was already bad enough.

Edited by Dr. Paine

-facedesks at the prospect of an X remake-

If they're going to update graphics on something, give it to XII. The game's already just plain beautiful (and downright stunning in cutscenes) as it is, but give it 360/PS3 graphics? That's just pure art there. Why yes, I'm replaying XII right now. Funny thing, I absolutely hated it when I first played it, and didn't pay attention to the plot until towards the very end. A couple years later, I read more into it, and realized I had missed out on something great. Now, I'd call it the best out of the four I've played.)

I liked FFXII..until I started playing the mini games. Some of them really got up my nose.

Story wise though, I loved it.

I had the DS version but got bored because it wouldn't let me save my game often enough and I kept dying. And plus, the random, turn-based fighting style drives me nuts.

I don't remember. I haven't played it in forever. I think it was XII or something like that.

I don't remember. I haven't played it in forever. I think it was XII or something like that.

Oh Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings?

I never got the chance to play that. No DS D:

FTidbits from a Famitsu interview this week:

Square Enix previously said that Lightning would appear in the game as DLC. Famitsu reveals that Lightning will appear as a coliseum character. Defeat her, and you'll be able to make her into a party member. Lightning's DLC goes beyond just the character data. Square Enix also plans on releasing secret story episodes for the character.

[...]

Square Enix is hoping to expand the XIII-2 story outside of just DLC, with novels and so-forth.

[...]

The staff says that it will be a bit longer before we get screenshots. However, they hope to not take too long in releasing FF X HD.

... wait what? Does this mean X HD is almost done? blink.gif

DLC? Downloadable content?

D:

You telling me the only way to get my second favourite FF character into my team is by using an internet connection? Which I don't have for the PS3?

You trolls SE.

FTidbits from a Famitsu interview this week:

... wait what? Does this mean X HD is almost done? blink.gif

Well it's not like they're remaking it from scratch. HD remakes usually don't take excessive amounts of time.

I still don't know if I am going to get it or not. The mini-games for the ultimate weapons kinda killed me.

Edit: I would like Crisis Core a lot more if it would just level up my materia. Done about thirty hard missions and nothing D:

Edited by Fortune86

To be honest, I don't know a single person that doesn't like at least one part from one of the games. But yes, I love Final Fantasy, my personal favorite being 4. I can't even begin to count how many times I have completed it xd.png. Close runner up is 2, then 1 (I believe that the older ones are far superior to the new ones)

Saw the advert for the XBox version last night. I have to wait a week before my PS3 copy arrives T-T

I'm going to wait for some more reviews before I decide to buy XIII-2, though I still have not finished XIII.

My very first Final Fantasy game was FFX and it is the only video game to date that has made me cry.

From a recent XIII-2 interview:

According to Impress Watch, Toriyama explained that there are a number of reasons they displayed the "To be continued" message at the end of the game. One is that the game has a number of Paradox Endings hidden away, and they want players to first look for all these endings. Another reason is that FFXIII-2's world will be extended through download content, meaning players can expect a long play experience. They plan on continually releasing download content, said Toriyama.

So yes, as many people suspected XIII-2's storyline will be continued through DLC.

I don't personally agree with this. If I buy a game at full price I believe I have the right to play it from start to end without having to pay extra money just to see the actual ending instead of a "To be continued" screen and some ridiculous ending wannabes.

Not to mention there are people who don't even have access to internet on their PS3's.

Edit: Btw Light/Amoda DLC will be released on the 7th at the price of $3 or 240 MS Points.

Edited by LocaRoca

Not to mention there are people who don't even have access to internet on their PS3's.

Like me T-T

This week has not been a good one.