Hiei101

Final Fantasy

The people here who pre-ordered XIII-2 should have gotten their copies by now no?

Any first impressions?

I have my copy, but haven't been able to start playing it yet.

It's sheer damn torture I tell you.

I'll get some next week, I just have to sit on it until then T-T

I did manage to get a chance to look though the guide though.

Remember that you can dress up captured monsters? Guess what some of the acessories are?

Live chocobo chicks.

That sounds... really cute actually wub.gif .

Well if we're sitting on XII-2 until next week let's change the subject.

SE already said that next would be X HD remaster (they specifically said "remaster" and not "remake" when asked) for PS3 and PS Vita and that we'd get some news soon. But I'm guessing that might be in regard to Japan only. After all we've been waiting for further news about our Type-0 since it was announced.

I'm still undecided about the FFX remake. I might get it for the PSP if there is nothing else on the market at the time, but it would only be for the story. I doubt I'll bother hunting down all the weapons/aeons/overdrive thingies.

X HD remaster (they specifically said "remaster" and not "remake" when asked) for PS3 and PS Vita

censorkip.gif.

I love X but no has PS3 or Vita.

I want previewssssss.

Hmm... Never played these games. However, have had a glance at them on PS2 in the shops. Any recommendations? I'm willing to try one out. c:

The only two FF games on the PS2 are FFX & FFXII. Of the two I prefer FFX and if you are new to the series might be the easiest to play.

I might get it for the PSP if there is nothing else on the market at the time...

X HD is for PS3 and PS Vita only. No PSP.

Big fan here. smile.gif I have the first FF on PSP (the remake, but it's so AWESOME), FFIV and The After Years (on PSP, remakes again). Final Fantasy 7, 8, 10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, Crisis Core, and both Dissidia Final Fantasies. Also have AC/Last Order on DVD and AC on PSP.

I used to have FFIX and Spirits Within, but I got rid of 'em... Kinda wished I didn't get rid of IX now (thanks to Dissidia, that is), but I'm working on getting it back.

As for my favorites, I'd have to say, in order: 13, 13-2, 10, 8, and 7. 7 used to be my favorite, but it's been so hyped up that it's dropped on me... Maybe I'll get a Vita and download it and FFVIII-X onto it for another Final Fantasy filled game system.

Okay so I have finally managed to play FFXIII-2 and here are my thoughts so far.

Visuals: Damn pretty, but that is only to be expected. Completely forgotten how awesome the 'ga' magics are, especially Ruinga. I taught it to Noel and while maining Serah and in the next fight he cast it without me realising. Thought my TV had exploded xd.png

Music: Fairly good so far. Nothing that got too reptitive and drove me up the wall. No favourites yet.

Voice Acting: First time I have heard the english voices.

Caius. Oh my god. Caius.

Finally twigged that Serah is voiced by Tohru from Fruits Basket. xd.png

Noel. I know I've heard that voice somewhere before. Don't tell me where, I'll figure it out.

Mog is no where near as annoying as I thought s/he was going to be. In fact I just randomly throw them around just to hear them squeal o3o

Battle System/Mog Clock: Nearly as good as it was in the first game, but it is a lot harder to stagger enemies. No more sneaking up behind enemies and getting a quick stagger for insta-launch. Hasn't really made fighting that much harder, but by the time you manage to stagger something that isn't a boss it tends to be the killing blow anyway. Going to deduct a point for making launch (my favourite skill in the first game) more or less useless.

The Mog Clock is kinda shifty in some areas. You're supposed to have a small amount of time to strike an enemy before the fight starts to get a preemptive strike, but some monsters just jump you. No time to react at all.

Crystarium System: Kinda baffling at first and by the time I figured it out had already made some mistakes. Nothing major, but it will effect my final stats for Serah & Noel. Kinda peeved about this but not enough to warrant a restart.

Monster Allies: Awesome. My Albino Lobo finishes nearly every fight he is in and my Pulse Knight has never let me down as a Sentinel. The Feral Links can sometimes be a bit tricky to pull off the first time, but are fun to watch.

Adornments: Most of them are kinda stupid. I hadn't realised that you couldn't place them your self and they have fixed positions on every monster. Parasols get placed on the monster's head and some other items are put in places where it is hard to see them. One monster eve gets stuff balanced on his nose. blink.gif

Then again, my Gremlin does look rather snazy in that Red Silk Hat. I also put a white chocobo chick on my Behemoth. D'aaaaw.

Sounds like you're enjoying it so far smile.gif . If you don't mind I have some questions.

How are the branching paths? Do they actually give some sense of freedom or just make the map feel badly made?

Do Serah, Noel and Mog talk with each other while you're moving like in the JP version? Some of those talks were funny.

Are there a lot of choices you can make in terms of dialogue and how the party should act on a certain situation? Do they make sense?

Got FFXIII-2 almost 2 weeks ago and still not played it, trying to complete 13 first :/ Really looking forward to it though

Anyone else play FF14 and/or plays on Besaid server?

How are the branching paths? Do they actually give some sense of freedom or just make the map feel badly made?

I've only visited a few areas so far, so I can't really comment on them. Which area you visit next depends on which gate you unlock, although I haven't come across that many yet.

Do Serah, Noel and Mog talk with each other while you're moving like in the JP version? Some of those talks were funny.

They do at some points, but most of people talking are NPCs. When I was farming for items in two areas I passed the same NPCs several times, mostly because they were moving around too. They usually have several different lines of dialouge though, so it's cool xd.png

Are there a lot of choices you can make in terms of dialogue and how the party should act on a certain situation? Do they make sense?

From what I can tell so far the choices you make just affect how that particular conversation goes. It doesn't have much to do with the plot. You do unlock different items though, depending on what answers you gave. I'm kicking myself because I missed the chance to talk to Snow at one point and I'm not sure yet how this 'replaying an area' thing works.

@ Kalika: Where are you up to?

@Fortune86

I've just started chapter 10, though I have been as far as Orphan's Cradle in another save, only the xbox broke and I had to start over :/

These last few chapters are the longest

@Fortune86

I've just started chapter 10, though I have been as far as Orphan's Cradle in another save, only the xbox broke and I had to start over :/

These last few chapters are the longest

You got that far and then had to restart? That sucks big time D:

I really enjoyed the later levels, mostly because that is when they started breaking out the real big monsters. Nothing like taking out a tusked tortise elephant to make you feel like a badass.

Without summons, btw.

You got that far and then had to restart? That sucks big time D:

I really enjoyed the later levels, mostly because that is when they started breaking out the real big monsters. Nothing like taking out a tusked tortise elephant to make you feel like a badass.

Without summons, btw.

Heh, I only tried one of those things the once.. It ended very quickly lol

This time around I have a better idea of the best ways to upgrade weapons and stuff at least smile.gif It's made a big difference to how quickly I've breezed through the chapters up to this point.

Looking forward to landing on Pulse, was my favourite part of the story. I just know I'm going to be so tempted to do all the cieth stone things and I'll never get around to part 2 though!

Farming the Behemoth Kings on Pulse is the best way to get a load of CP. There is one right by a save point so you can max everyone out in just a few hours. That's usually just enough to try taking on a small 'toise.

I never went back to do all the side quests T-T

Sounds like you're enjoying it so far smile.gif . If you don't mind I have some questions.

I wouldn't say that it makes the map feel bad. But as far as the actual story goes, you don't have as much freedom as the game would like you to believe. Sure, you can go wherever you want (more or less) but eventually you'll have to return to the main thread.

As far as replaying an area, if you can hit Close Gate in the Historia Crux then you can replay the area. You just close the gate and jump back into the world from the start.

I wouldn't say that it makes the map feel bad. But as far as the actual story goes, you don't have as much freedom as the game would like you to believe. Sure, you can go wherever you want (more or less) but eventually you'll have to return to the main thread.

As far as replaying an area, if you can hit Close Gate in the Historia Crux then you can replay the area. You just close the gate and jump back into the world from the start.

Um. Don't you normally have to follow the main thread in any game at some point? You know in order to progress?

Ah cool beans. I think I got the live event anyway though. It activated during my next visit happy.gif

Um. Don't you normally have to follow the main thread in any game at some point? You know in order to progress?

Ah cool beans. I think I got the live event anyway though. It activated during my next visit happy.gif

They asked about the "multiple paths." There aren't really multiple paths. There are different places you can go but they don't really affect the outcome.