picknick10

Eragon (semi-lit)

[Meh, Imma going to make Holly hatch now. smile.gif]

Holly wriggled and heard a sharp cracking noise. A jolt of surprise flew through her. She stretched her filmy wings, hearing another part of her egg snap. She lifted her head and prodded the top with her nose. With an enormous popping noise, Holly flew out of her egg and landed with a plop in some moss. How big and wide the world is, she thought with satisfaction, wriggling. Holly looked around, her bright green eyes filled with curiosity.

((I'm lurking but I'm not really here, just thought I'd let you know.....I hate math!!!))

(LOL ok dragonhachling see ya later)

Emily ran to her tant and picked up the sleeping will, she woke him up and put him on her shoulder "time to go hunting sleepy head" she tolled him running out of the tent, and back to where she had left Eragon.

(*whaits for Darkshadow to post* Darkshadow where are you?)

Zephyr clung to Rayvn's shoulder as she started running, his tiny claws digging into her shoulder. His large silver eyes blinked rapidly. The outside world was such a colorful place, full of beautiful colors and textures. He asked Rayvn with his mind: Where are we?

(Darkshadow her name is Raven *like the bird* not Rayvn)

we are at the base of the spine mountens raven tolled the small dragon. she ran out onto the trail and down toward the camp site, her short silver hair flashing in the sun light.

((OOps, sorry))

Zephyr nodded, filled with excitement. There was an encampment up ahead, and behind them were huge stone mountains, covered in green. Zephyr gave a little yelp as a breeze picked up, and felt great as Raven ran down the path.

((.....*is done* *can't think right though* .......))

Eragon watched Emily leave and waited for her to come back. Alright Saphira. You can come but are you sure you're not too tired? He asked Saphira through thought, starring at the space where Emily was last seen. When she came back into view he sighed, getting everything he needed a one last check over.

-----

Draith smiled slightly as Zailik asked what the bag was. "Just don't drink it." She said, revealing what was inside. A flask of an odd yellow-red color looked dim in the darkened sky above the pair. "Don't break it either, it has a tendency to burn things on touch." She said, putting the bag back over it and stuffing it inside her cloak.

----

Zailik was confused, very confused. "Ok...but what is it?" He asked supsecting it was a poison of some sort. When the shade mentioned it had a tendency to be burning things he knew it could very well be some type of acid. "More importantly why do you have it?" Zailik asked, watching where Draith put the flask.

((have to go))

(aw ok dragonhachling)

Raven sang out in elven as she ran down the trail. she bolted into the camp and slowed down to say hi the the chindren that ran out to meet her.

(sorry I think I have to go too)

((well this didn't go any further xd.png I'm watching a movie so if I space out/don't answer that's why xd.png ))

Draith sighed. "Now if I told you what is was, you'd use it on someone who doesn't need it right now." She laughed as she made her way over closer to the river where a few trees stood alone. Two horses stood, one whinnied as she walked closer. "Oh shut it! You didn't give me trouble when I bought you, you shouldn't give me trouble now." The troublesome horse stopped it's cries and lowered it's head. "That one's yours Zailik. Now gather your things, we're leaving now." Draith ordered, climbing on a dark brown horse tied a little farther than Zailik's horse.

-------

Zailik didn't like the laugh Draith gave. Or the way she talked about the flask. "At least tell me where you got it." He pleaded, wanting to see if he could at least persuade the dealer or maker from giving her more. Zailik watched Draith walk away from him. He followed already gathering what he needed. "Do you do this to every person you bring along with you? Leave them in the dark until it's too late?" He flinched as that sentence finished. "I didn't mean that rudely though...um...can I call you Draith?" Zailik followed Draith hoping what he said hadn't crossed anything. He climbed on the horse before realizing they hadn't gotten rid of camp. "Shouldn't we take care of camp first?"

Edited by Dragonhatchling

((Ermm... So... Where is everyone? In Alagaesia, I mean. I just want to know where everyone is and what's going on so I can kinda slip in here withought messing everything up...))

((Well Draith and Zailik are going to a village called Eastcroft which is I remember correctly isn't on the map but is roughly 20 miles from...Melain. To that "hotel" place....there's a package there Draith needs. Eragon is in the Varden area but is going hunting with Emily))

Draith mounted her horse before answering one of Zailik's many questions. "You can call me Draith as long as you don't do it often where we are going. People around there don't take kindly to my visits. I personally can't imagine why." She said, adding sarcasm to the last sentence. The horse moved forward a bit, not wanting to stand around for so long. "Oh and the camp part, that's already taken care of. By the way, did anyone ever tell you that you ask why to many questions to be alive right now?" Draith calmed the horse before smiling at Zailik. "Luckily for you, you're still around to be of some use yet." She sighed, turning the horse in the direction they needed to go. "Before you ask Zailik, we are going to Eastcroft."

------

Zailik tried mounting his horse but even though it was tied to a tree the thing still protested against him. "Hey, stop that! Enough. Let me on you alre-" The horse turned and kicked, knocking into Zailik. Zailik wailed a little as a horse leg nailed his head. "You bloody little-" He stopped realizing that the horse had calmed now once Draith moved hers. What she said though bothered him more than the pain in his head. Zailik glanced up at Draith for a moment before mounting his horse. Turning it to face her's he looked over at the camp which had somehow been cleaned free. "So I should be dead but am not and you somehow cleaned the camp without me knowing and without using any energy...you are one odd shade you know that? Oh and why are we going to that poor city?"

Saphira nodded and blinked down at Eragon. Her giant sapphire eyes lay upon him. "Are you sure you do not want a ride?" She asked again. Saphira supposed she could manage two humans on her back. "Also, you need a bath." She admitted and wrinkled her nose.

Eragon nodded when Saphira said he needed a bath. "I guess I do..." He laughed, watching the sky. "I think we're good for now, thank you." He said to Saphira, checking his things over once more.

-----

Draith glared at Zailik when he commented on her being a little different. She ignored the urge to comment though and answered another question. "We are going there because a friend of mine has something for me." With that Draith turned her horse to get it around a clump of trees. She then set it into a gallop not waiting for Zailik. Her path was set, they'd ride for as long as the horses would go, then find a place to camp if they hadn't reached Eastcroft by then. "Come on! We've wasted enough time!" Draith called back over her shoulder.

----

Zailik followed Draith as she galloped off, grumbling on how she didn't wait. His horse was slower than her's which made him wonder, where did she get these? "Hey! At least wait! Why are you always in a hurry!?" He called, sending his horse faster. Even with the horse going as fast as possible it still couldn't catch up to Draith's. Zailik did admit though, the dark brown color fit her horse for his looks. "Well so much for talking on where we are going." He watched the sky half the way which always made him wonder why it was always dark around the King's castle.

((I dunno... I think I'm just going to wait until Eragon and the others get back. That is, if that's their intention...))

Kianna skipped along the windy path, following in Angela's wake. She could see the full moon filtering through the wispy clouds overhead, its bright light muffled by the haze. Kianna’s leather flats made barely any noise on the moss-covered trail. Huge evergreens towered on all four sides, surrounding them in the quiet clearing.

"Angela?” Kianna asked.

“Yes?”

“Can you tell me where we’re going again?” This was the third time she’d pestered Angela about their destination.

“We’re going to the waterfall about a mile ahead to collect Moon Blossoms. They only flower during the full moon,” Angela replied patiently.

“But why? I don’t think we have any need for them at the moment, do we?” Kianna pressed on.

“You never know when they’ll come in handy,” Angela explained. “Plus, in the event that we did have a need for them, we would have to wait another month before they bloomed again,”

The rest of their hike continued in silence. Around them, the forest was quiet and calm, besides the occasional hoot of an owl or the scurry of a mouse hiding somewhere in the underbrush. Kianna could sense a small family of mice nearby, but she couldn’t exactly place the location. Reading the minds of these mice would take more time than she could spare at the moment.

When they finally reached the waterfall, it was almost midnight. The water splashed up onto the rocks near the pool at the bottom, showering the plants on the edge of the creek with thousands of glittering droplets. The moon’s reflection was distorted by the brook’s swift current, fading in and out as clouds passed by overhead. Kianna scoured the scene for any signs of the small, deep purple flowers they’d come to find. After a few minutes of searching, she discovered a small patch of the blossoms at the side of the large pool the water spilled into after falling over the small cliff above her.

“Don’t just pick the petals off,” Angela cautioned. “You need to be careful to clip the entire flower. Otherwise, they’re useless.

“Don’t worry, I won’t,” Kianna reassured her as she pulled out a pair of shears from the pocket in her pale blue skirts. “I’ll be sure the snip off the whole thing,”

As Kianna carried out her work, Angela went downriver a little ways in search of another flower patch, leaving Kianna by the waterfall, alone. As Kianna finished cutting a good amount of Moon Blossoms, she heard a disturbance in the bushes behind her. Whipping to face the oncoming threat, she saw a soldier bearing the crest of the mad king, Galbatorix, upon his armor.

Terrified, she sat there, frozen, unable to move or even scream for help. The soldier looked unsteady, his eyes glazed over, an empty bottle in one hand, a sword in the other. Stumbling, the man looked up and noticed her sitting there. A wide, terrible grin spread across his face.

“Now aren’t you a pretty young lady now!” He exclaimed, his words slurred together, making his speech almost indecipherable. “Come with me, and I won’t have to hurt you,” he said as he took another step toward her.

She had to do something. Run, scream, it didn’t matter. Willing her body to move, she tried to think of a way, any way, to escape. But she couldn’t move. All she could do was stare up at the soldier as he slowly and clumsily approached her. Move. Do something! Move!

Soon, the man was only a yard away. Kianna sat, petrified. Suddenly, a surge of power flooded through her. Raising her arm, palm outward, she let the energy flow into her hand. Her arm froze there, suspended for a few seconds. Then, an explosion of pale lavender light burst from the center of her palm, hitting the man squarely in the chest. At first, it seemed to have no effect on the soldier. Then, as if someone had cut the strings of a marionette, he collapsed.

Horrified, Kianna gaped at the man lying at her feet. An unexpected wave of fatigue overwhelmed her. Her eyes went out of focus, and she felt herself begin to fall. She lay on the ground, fighting for consciousness. Finally, she gave into her exhaustion, letting herself be drawn into the dark abyss ahead.

((he's still around...he never left....shall I make draith mad?))

((Perhaps you should. I think that would be reasonable...

I thought they were on a hunting trip? In the Spine? Hmm...))

((well dragonsword, pugglemuggle, anyone else who may read this: I won't be on all week, except Friday afternoon (maybe) and I won't be on most of Saturday....so control as needed. Or as Pete (my crazy neighbor) would say "Galabatorix called her away so she can prepare the take over of our town. Maybe we should have killed that blasted shade why she was around." dry.gif I hate him...although he ignores the fact he considers me a rider as well....long story for both.))

Kianna opened her eyes. The bright light hurt her eyes, so she closed them again. Her head hurt. It hurt a lot. In fact, everything hurt. Her muscles felt weak and achy, and her left arm in particular felt especially pathetic. Where was she, anyway? And why did she feel so sore and fragile?

Suddenly, everything came rushing back; the waterfall, the soldier, the terrible fear, and then... No, that couldn’t be right. She must have imagined it. Hastily, Kianna sat up on the straw cot she’d been sleeping on, and instantly wished she hadn’t. The world whirled dangerously around her, and she was sick on the floor near the bed.

Wiping the bile from the corner of her mouth, she looked around the room. It wasn’t really a room, just a tent. Angela’s tent. There was a damp cloth sitting on the chair near her bed, and several bowls filled with strange medicines and remedies.

Well, it’s about time you woke up, said a shabby black cat from the corner of the room.

“Solembum? Is that you?” Kianna asked weakly. “How long have I been asleep?”

Oh, I’d say about four days, although it’s really more like four and a half, as you probably fell unconscious around midnight a few days ago…

“What? I’ve been asleep for four and a half days? That’s crazy!” she exclaimed. She was about to get up, but stopped herself before she could stand too quickly and throw up again. Instead, she tried the slow approach. Thankfully, if went on without any vomiting or further damage to the floor or bed.

“Do you… Do you know what happened? I mean, by the waterfall?” Kianna asked. She wasn’t just inquiring to see if he knew about the incident. Kianna didn’t really understand what happened there herself.

From what Angela has told me, a drunken soldier came out of the bushes behind you. You were frightened, and, somehow, you stopped him by releasing what seemed like spiritual energy of some sort, Solembum explained. We don’t recognize the technique you used, and we were hoping that you could tell us more.

“Is the soldier… dead, then?” she said, feeling sick. Had she killed a man? The very thought of taking the life of an animal made her sick. But an actual person? She started at the floor in horror. “Did... Did I kill him?” said Kianna, her voice quavering.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, I should say, he was only unconscious, Kianna let out a relieved sigh. However, he seemed to be under some sort of curse. We couldn’t identify what it was that put him in that state, and we don’t know when he’ll wake up. We suspected it had something to do with you, Solembum clarified apprehensively.

Kianna froze. She held out her left hand in front of her and gaped. Had he said a curse? Could it be what she had experienced for the last 120 years? Had she done that to that man? How? There were so many questions she had swimming around in her head. She wasn’t sure if Solembum could even answer then.

Before I satisfy and of your queries, I want to hear what happened in your words, Solembum insisted. Don’t worry, I won’t interrupt you.

“Okay… So, the soldier frightened me. I couldn’t move. He just can closer and closer, and then, I felt this rush of power and held up my hand and blasted him with this purple light. Then he just toppled over...” Kianna fell silent. Only after saying it did she realize how crazy it all sounded. “I’m insane, aren’t I?” Kianna said.

That’s definitely a possibility, Solembum replied. But I don’t think that's the case.

“So then, what happened?” she questioned. “What did I do?”

If I know anything about it, I know this: You didn’t use magic. Angela found no trace of magical energy around the scene. We think it was some sort of power left to you by the spirits. I guess you’ve discovered a new talent, Solembum smirked.

This was crazy. Ridiculous. Idiotic. No one knew anything about what happened, least of all herself. This was all they knew, or would tell her if they did know more. With a sigh, Kianna leaned lightly against the wall of the tent.

“Where is Eragon?” she asked. “Has he left for that hunting trip yet?”

I think he’s still around.

“Can I go see him?”

It depends. Can you?

“Probably…” Kianna wanted to go along with the rest of them on for the journey. She was determined not to be left behind. That had already happened on one too many occasions.

But you know I can’t let you go on the hunting expedition, right?

“Of coarse not! Why would I want to do that? I'm just going to get some food” Kianna replied too quickly. Solembum raised an eyebrow, or would have if cats had eyebrows. “I guess I’ll see you later!” she called while stumbling out of the tent. She wasn't lying about going to get food; in fact, she was starving. But she wanted to see Eragon before he left on the trip. She wouldn’t be the only one not to go. Even Emily was going, and she was 13, just like her. In fact, Kianna was older than her! She was older by about 120 years, no less. There was no way she was going to be the one remaining after all the others had left, not even if she had to hang onto Saphira’s tail just to ride there!

(wow I can't compete with your wall of words)

will jumped off of Emily's shoulder and went chasing after a small bug he had seen at her feet 'hay get back here we're going to leave soon" she yelled at him. he just kept running until he ran into Kianna and lost the bug that ran out of his reach, he stared up at her then jumped onto her arm, he ran up it to sit on her shoulder, rubbing his small soft head on her chin.

<><><><><><><><>

Raven ran around a tent and collided with the dragon rider Eragon "OW..... oh sorry" she tolled him getting to her feet, she gently grabbed the small dragon that was sitting on her shoulder so he wouldn't fall off.

Zephyr was watching the camp with interest when he jolted forward, only to be stopped by Raven's hand, which had closed around him protectively. He gave a little chirrup and nuzzled her hand, then squirmed out of her grip. Raven had run into someone, and while she was rubbing her head, Zephyr hopped onto her knee and looked up at the person she had collided with. Immediately he knew this person to be a rider from the silvery mark on his palm.

((I think there's a new RP for Eragon... I'm not sure what it means though... ^-^))

Kianna looked at the girl in front of her and the strange creature on her shoulder.

"You must be Emily," she said. "I'm Kianna, but I think you already know that..."

The girl wore a hood over her head and had a dark cloak over her shoulders. Kianna could see a bit of rich golden hair peaking out in between Emily's colar and the bottom of the black cowl. Her shoes were black, her gloves were black... Pretty much everything she wore seemed... black. It was rather depressing for Kianna to look at, as she always wore light purples and blues.

"So you're going on the hunting trip then? That's great, because so am I!" exclaimed Kianna.

((Oh yeah, about my text wall... I never try to write very much, but I always tend to do so anyway... dry.gif ))

(lately I have bin having a mined block or I would have bin righting up a storm.... but sadly my mined is blank)

"ya.... do you want to come" Emily said, she looked at the girls bright cloths and glanced down at her own black mud spattered cloak "and then I think I'll take a bath when we get back" she muttered brushing it off and making the different shades of black and gray shimmer and blend in with her surroundings, making her almost invisible.

<><><><><><><><>

"stooped hunting party’s" grumbled Raven "I bet you want to get some food though" she said with her mined to the baby dragon.

"Umm... Yes, I'd love to go on the trip!" Kianna said, surprised. She hadn't expected it to be so easy. She had expected everyone to refuse to let her join them. Now, she was being invited along. "Do you know where Eragon is? I really need to talk to him..."

Although they'd only just me, Kianna had the feeling she and Emily would get along pretty well. They were the same age, and they were bound to be some of the only girls on this trip. Even though they obviously had different choices in what they wore, they were both tough enough to follow the rest of the group, despite their ages.

((Is it okay if our characters are friends? :3))

(ya Pugglemuggle*I love your name by the way*)

"sorry but I have to go" Raven said to Eragon as she got to her feet, she picked up the baby dragon and put him back on her shoulder. then she walked up to the two girls "may I pas" she asked not realizing she was speaking in elven.

<><><><><><><><><>

"I think he is over there... some where" Emily tolled the girl. she spun around as a voce behind her said some thing she couldn't understand, she looked up into the face of a tall girl about her age standing behind her.