picknick10

Eragon (semi-lit)

(ya Pugglemuggle*I love your name by the way*)

"sorry but I have to go" Raven said to Eragon as she got to her feet, she picked up the baby dragon and put him back on her shoulder. then she walked up to the two girls "may I pas" she asked not realizing she was speaking in elven.

<><><><><><><><><>

"I think he is over there... some where" Emily tolled the girl. she spun around as a voce behind her said some thing she couldn't understand, she looked up into the face of a tall girl about her age standing behind her.

((just doing this for my sake....I won't be back until saturday night most likely))

Draith stopped her horse on an old, worn away trail and jumped down realizing she'd lost Zailik on the way. She didn't much care though, figuring he'd catch up soon, storming up the hill that she'd just made it over. The horse snorted once before moving to the side of the worn dirt road for some grass. Draith sighed and sat down instead of waiting for Zailik standing up. They were only a few hours from Eastcroft now, which pleased her greatly. She glanced back, hearing more horses. Standing, Draith soon saw it was a few soldiers who quickly stopped when they saw her. "Get going, you're obviously in a hurry. I'm waiting for someone." She said to what seemed to be the head of the group. The tall man nodded, signaling to move on. Draith watched them leave and smiled a little. "Not that you'll even care where we're off to after we hit this poor town."

------

Zailik spurred his horse to go faster as Draith soon went out of sight. He cursed a little, not knowing where he was going in the first place. Eastcroft was so small he never was bothered to go to this town. "Just up this hill then we can slow down. Come on, a little faster." He coaxed the horse into speeding a bit more. They struggled up the hill, slowing almost to a stop. Not only was the horse tired, Zailik had almost fallen asleep while ridding behind Draith. "That's it. There you go, good boy." Zailik said as the horse neared the top of the hill. It stopped right on the top and refused to go anywhere, even when Zailik offered to let him rest at the bottom. Sighing, Zailik turned around while holding the horse's reins, trying to get it to walk. He spotted Draith a moment later, standing by her own horse as it ate. The brown color almost blending in with the road and sun-baked grass. Zailik pulled the reins of his horse a little which seemed to be enough to get it to walk again. "Draith!" He yelled, actually relieved to see the shade. Now he didn't have to worry about being lost.

((.....not looking forward to saturday either....))

((someone may control Eragon if they need to, I would have posted for him but then I'd leave you guys hanging....so if you need too then go right ahead as long as I can do it when I'm back.))

Edited by Dragonhatchling

Kianna stared up at the tall girl standing behind Emily. Although Kianna had always seemed to be tall back at home in her village, here, she was rather short for her age. It was a little disturbing to have to look up at someone, even if they were about the same age as she was.

"May I pass?" the tall girl asked. Kianna could tell she was speaking in Elven. In fact, she understood it as well. If you give someone 120 years of spirit knowledge, they tend to catch onto those sorts of things pretty quickly.

"Umm.. sure." replied Kianna in English. "What's your name?"

Raven smiled"my name is Raven" she said (not in Elven this time by the way) to the girls standing in front of her "and may I ask what your names mite be?" she asked the two.

<><><><><><><>

Emily blinked up at the girl "um... I'm Emily" she said to Raven still a little confused.

Kianna looked toward Emily. "She just asked if she could pass in Elvish," she clarified for her. Then, turning back to the girl called Raven, "I'm Kianna,"

This girl had spoken to them in Elvish. This, from what she understood, was uncommon for human folk, especially teenage girls.

"How did you come to learn the Ancient Language?" Kianna asked the tall girl. Could she be an elf?

Looking up at the girl again, she discovered something she'd missed before. Kianna's eyes grew wide when she noticed the small baby dragon perched on the girl's shoulder. Was she a dragon rider, then? She stood there, jaw agape, gawking at the tiny beast.

It's so cute! she thought.

Raven grined at the Kianna "all my kind speak it before we lern the human speach" she said twerling a strand of silver hair that had fallen out from under her hat on her finger "but if you do not belive me let me show you" and with that she poled her hat of and let her hair fall to her shoulders and reveal her ponted ears and slanted eyes.

Draith turned around when she heard her name. Zailik was tugging his horse down the hill. She looked back behind her, watching the dust kicked up from the soldiers who had just left. She glanced at her horse before walking to the bottom edge of the incline. "Stubborn isn't it?" Draith asked Zailik, referring to his horse. "See if you can get it to move faster, we're on a time schedule." With that Draith walked back to her hose and mounted it. The horse protested a little but calmed with a word from the shade. "If you get lost again Zailik just follow the road but do yourself a favor and don't talk to anyone." Draith said, coaxing her horse into a trot.

------

Zailik grumbled when Draith didn't even seem to acknowledge he was doing his best to get the horse to cooperate. Once at the bottom of the hill he mounted his horse. When Draith started off again without him he spoke up. "You offered to take me but you certainly don't know how to wait for anyone, is that due to you being so off schedule?" He asked mockingly. Sending his horse at a pace to match Draith's, Zailik looked around and spotted the small dust cloud further ahead. "I take it that's who you don't want me to speak to isn't it?'

((recap of what's going on that would involve eragon please...))

(um Raven ran into him but is now talking to Emily and Kianna

Kianna is looking for Eragon)

Emily gasped as she looked at the elf standing in front of her.

(that has got to be the worst post ever)

((....ok....well I have news. I won't be on probably until late tonight due to a cr@p load of homework I didn't have time to do yesterday. Oh and update on controlling chars I have: Mon-Fri until 3:00 anyone can control whoever is needed. .....might as well make something happen.....since no one's around for eragon I won't post for him and hang you guys up somewhere. if that was understood congrats you are smarter than me))

Draith stopped her horse when Zailik was next to her, also grabbing the reins of his horse to make it stop. She answered his second question first. "Nope, you can talk to them if you like but they won't say much. I'm pretty sure you know one of them anyway." She said, watching the dust cloud disappear. Draith turned her horse away from the road and dismounted, walking back over to Zailik. "Word for the wise," She started, pulling Zailik off his horse. The horse ran a ways ahead but stopped and trotted back to Draith's horse. Draith smiled, holding Zailik by his collar. "Speak to me that way again boy and you won't see another day, I promise you that." She released Zailik after and mounted her horse again. "You are on your own for now. I'll meet you at the gate." The horse sprang into a run after that, causing dust and rocks to fly everywhere.

-----

Zailik was stunned when Draith grabbed him. She was strong, he'd give her that much. He stood and watched her ride off, making sure she was well away before mounting his horse. "Go easy this time boy, we don't have to hurry." Zailik said to his horse, letting it walk. The sun was low in the sky by now but he couldn't remember if it was sunset or sunrise. He couldn't even remember where he was going anymore. "Note to self, don't make Draith mad." Zailik said, rubbing his neck.

((.....off to do homework and write a story I have no clue to write about....))

(*waits for pugglemuggle to post* I'm so stuck on what to post rite now)

(you could do something with eragon but have it like he talks to the three girls then has to go do something realy quick)

((....like what? He'd get clobbered with all the people around....and wasn't emily supposed to hunt with him??? ....shall I make zailik or draith mad perhaps? 'cause after they visit eastcroft they're visiting you guys ninja.gif ))

((And why did I think you were a different person xd.png aw but I still meant what I said....homework has caused too much of me to wonder somewhere....))

((Ah, there's the flask I needed....now if only I remembered when zailik said that....next time. there always has to be a next time otherwise the world stops and we all die...how though is hard to explain to humans.))

Edited by Dragonhatchling

((or I could think of something.....or my cousin could but that'd probably lead to us all dieing....she's evil, and Draith's based off her...which sadly is her name too....but what's different is draith in here won't try and kill me everytime I either talk or talk about her which I think is good.))

((*tries to come up with something*))

Eragon was walking about the camp when he spotted three girls, two he'd seen. He started walking over to them.

(so it isn't a two-liner...how about furthering the quest to the giant gated city of crazyness))

Draith continued her fast pace to Eastcroft not stopping for Zailik at all. She didn't care if he died out here but at the same time she did. She was responsible for him, dead or alive. Having Zailik dead certainly wouldn't make the King happy and at the least make him understanding. A few humans were up ahead, huddled together on the side of the road. Draith slowed her horse searching for something wrong before-hand if they should attack. She rested her hand near her sword hilt but soon saw they were just passing by. When the horse passed Draith received looks of confusion and fear, each expressed differently in tone of voice and features. One man went so far as to throw an insult but Draith ignored it, pushing her horse faster once again.

----

Zailik followed the worn dirt road, watching the dust cloud of Draith's horse get smaller as he did so. It never completely went away as his horse followed and at one point he was close enough to see the shade pass by a group of people he'd soon be upon. Zailik clicked his tongue which made the horse go a little faster as they approached the group of people. A few still seemed shocked from something and watched him suspiciously as he passed. Don't talk to anyone. He heard Draith's warning again in his mind. Sighing, Zailik passed the small group, ignoring the odd insults of "death worm" and "death follower" he got from them. He wondered where they got the "death worm" insult from, "death follower" seemed fitting for following Draith but the "death worm" confused him.

((if I disappear then I'm finishing homework I started at 1am yesterday- yes that's how much I have))

((D: Sorry for not posting! I just didn't get around to it. I've been off most of yesterday and all of today...))

Kianna stared up at the elf girl before her. She'd always wanted to meet an elf. Ever since she was very young, she'd fantasized about what they looked like, how they acted, and how powerful they were in magic and physical strength. She'd even pictured herself meeting one, and rehearsed thousands of questions and propositions for that very meeting. But now that there was an elf right in front of her, she could hardly speak at all. It was incredibly embarrassing.

Looking at the elf, Kianna decided that she must be very young in terms of how the fair folk judge age. The young elves were said to possess great powers that came with their youth. However, they were seldom allowed to fight, as the elvish people treasured their children more than anything in the world. Of course, the elves could easily manipulate their appearances, but why would they want to do look so young? Having the body of a child may be amusing for a month or so, but then came the reactions people around you. Kianna hated being treated like a child. She couldn't imagine anyone wanting to be handled as a youngster. For her, it was utterly disreputable when those around her tried to help her do simple things or try and act like her superior. Kianna may not have looked it, but she had much more knowledge and experience than most of the folks she encountered.

"How long have you been in the Varden?" Kianna asked. All she really wanted to know was how old Raven was, but she didn't like asking questions outright. Most of the time, people would answer her secret question without even knowing that it was what she had been curious about from the very beginning. They would also give additional details about themselves she hadn't even asked for. However, Kianna believed it wouldn't be the same with an elf. She'd been told that their minds were sharp, and they could easily see through deception to the true intent of people's words.

((Now that I think about it, Kianna probably has met elves before... tongue.gif Oops. Oh well. I guess she'd never have talked to one before, or had a conversation with one. Eragon probably looks like an elf, but he's still human. I don't really want to rewrite this, though. I'll just keep it as it is. tongue.gif))

"two years…maybe even three" Raven said glumly as she though of why she had come to the varden in the first place. she still missed her home but if she went back it would remind her of her sister, sighing she twiddled with one of her bracelets that her sister had made her " although nothing ever seams to happen here... though I am still a child to my people can't go back to them... not after what happened to my sister…..” she trailed off as she thought about her home.

((I can't thin of anything other than what I put for Eragon already....bad brain bad! ....*sighs* might as well.))

Draith saw the large gate and fence around the city of Eastcroft. Guards were posted in each tower, two on either side of the gate and one at each corner. She also noticed security was boosted since her last trip here. Sentries wondered between each tower both on the walls and on the ground. Some even were groups of two or three. A sentry ran up to her once he noticed, he looked to be the minimum age allowed for the King's army. Once he was closer, the sentry bowed slightly before looking behind her. Nodding the man turned to run back but Draith spoke which stopped him. "Don't open the gates just yet, I'm waiting for someone. When he comes though I need the gates opened right away. Understood?" Draith said, dismounting her horse. The man nodded and ran off calling something out to the guards there. Only a few bothered to look her way but Draith didn't care. She turned to face the path she'd came from, watching for any sign of Zailik.

----

Zailik pushed his horse into a full run once Draith had passed his sighting range. "**** I lost her again!" He yelled, getting glances of the few humans that still walked the road. He could barely make out what seemed to be a faint outline of a medium-sized city. Zailik watched in that direction hoping he'd see some sign that the shade had passed this way. Coming closer he saw a lone figure in the middle of the road, standing alongside a horse. Must be her. Or else who could it be? He thought, slowing his horse. The figure turned and signaled something before turning back around. Zailik then confirmed that it was Draith but he didn't pay attention to her at the moment. A few guards he hadn't noticed were around, yelled something, soon followed by a chorus of others on the ground. At the last voice two large gate doors began opening and only then did Zailik realize he was about to run over Draith. She'd moved though, scaring both horses as Zailik frantically halted his. The horse reared, throwing him off, out of fright. Zailik landed on his back in the dust as the horse ran towards the gate, it stopped when a sentry caught the reins and, with help, controlled the horses path to miss the gate.

((.....well now I don't have a clue what to do xd.png ))

Raven watched Eragon walk up to then "greetings rider" she said to him

<><><><><><><>

Emily had never seen an elf before she though that if she would ever meet one it would be an older one then this one, she looked at Eragon "are we going hunting I forgot" she asked him as he walked up to them.

Saphira watched as Eragon went to the three girls. A growl arouse in her throat. "Eragon, don't you get any ideas now. You know that I will be bonded to the one you choose." Saphira eyed the girls and Eragon. IF he had ideas, she would stop him. Even if Eragon was her partner, she would not accept the relationship if it was not approved by herself.

Edited by Saphira BrightScales

.Raven glanced at Saphira as she growled. she put her hat back on and appeared ones again to be a human. she looked at the baby dragon sitting on her shoulder are you ok... you have bin offly quiet she asked concerned.

(you really think Eragon is going to like a bunch of 13/14 year old girls xd.png )

Edited by dragonsword

(( xd.png Saphira....oh what are we to do? and i post this because I'm almost sure I won't be on all week now (today was lucky, very lucky) so if someone would be glad to take over whoever they need, go right ahead but when I come back I'm back so then I get to play again.... *doesn't think that made sense* sleep....lack of it doesn't do justice, but hey what are you going to do when you don't need to sleep for a few days?))