Catspwndogs29

Give your dragon a journal!

To Whom It May Concern,

It gendered.

Dear Mr. Parchment,

She gendered. I didn’t know until I heard the little voice beside me. “Daddy?” it said. I looked around, and saw the hatchling looking up at me, white now instead of gray and with little wings grown in. I didn’t know what to say.

“Daddy?”

“Yes?” I managed after a second. She said she was hungry. I wanted to wait until Wesley came back, because I’m sure that he’d want to know that she gendered, but she said that she was really hungry and had to eat NOW, so I went out to hunt for her. I had to take her with me. While I was at it, I decided to give her a little hunting demonstration. I don’t usually hunt in the dark, but it was really easy to kill a pig for her and I was pretty pleased with myself. I’ve shown other hatchlings how to hunt before, but this time it seemed different.

What I noticed was kind of weird is that she didn’t eat the pig; she bit its neck and drank its blood. I guess that’s how vampires feed, but it was still weird to watch.

After that, she was full, so he went back to the cave. She didn’t want to—she seemed a little scared to—but we went back anyway. When we went back into our corner, she cuddled up against me and said “You’ll protect me, won’t you, Daddy?”

Daddy. I like that.

I think I’ll call her Darla.

Thelonious Red

Journal,

Well. I've finally met the girl that almost single-handedly raised the dragons in this Cave. Dragonic, they call her. She was very polite, and was not fearful, even one bit. She told me that if I was willing to wait, she could get one of the Pinks to bless my egg to be either gender. I refused. I want this one to be decided by fate. Plus, it doesn't matter either gender, as we are the same in terms of ability.

My first-bitten egg has some cracks in it, I saw when I came back from hunting last night. When I woke up from sleeping before I left, there was the faint smell of a female... I'll have to look into this later.

Genesis the Elder

Dear Mr. Parchment,

Darla seems scared. I already said that she didn’t want to go back to the cave, and she seemed afraid of Wesley when he came back and I showed her to him. I tried to tell her that he’s nice and won’t hurt her, but she just kept on hiding and asking me to protect her. I have to admit, though, that Wes is acting weird. I wish he’d try to tell her that he won’t hurt her, because she’s so worried it’s driving me crazy. I can’t stand to see her so upset. I’m starting to realize that I would do anything to protect her, and feeling this way about someone almost scares me—I’ve never felt like this before. I really hope that Wes isn’t planning something, because he’s my best friend, but if I have to choose between the two of them, there’s no competition... and she already has so many enemies just for being a vampire, which she can’t even help… I have to calm her down. I can’t stand to see her scared like this.

Please, let everything work out okay.

Thelonious Red

Hmm, I might give my Horse Drag hatchy a diary. Well, here we go...

Dear mister piece of paper,

You look to tasty. I like to eat paper, you know. I hope Jasmine gets some more of that origami stuff, It tastes yummy... But some of those speshul treats she makes

sometimes are yum.

Well, ever since I hatched I knew I was speshul... Jasmine would always tell me so. And everyone looked at me funny... Jasmine says they're just jealous, Because I'm awsum. I'm a really fast runner (But those darn whiptails refuse to be beaten), And I'm purple!

I'm so awsum.

Yesterday, I was asking Jasmine if I was a girl or a boy. She asked me what I thought, but i didn't know... So she said she didn't know either.

But, Just this morning, I woke up and felt funny... I was bigger, and I had funny things sticking out of my back! My skin was covered in funny hard things. And then, I knew I was a girl.... I just felt it... And girls are pretty like me!

Not that long after, Jasmine gave me a name! I feel so cool now! My name is;

NightShade Dusk Thuwed Dorkface!

It's such a big, shiny name! Jasmine says It's because of my family's name. My mummy had my last three names, but "NightShade" Is speshul!

Well, I be off now to strut around and tell people my speshul name. (It's so awsum!)

Goodbye mister yummy-looking paper. I shall be pack later to eat you up.

NightShade Dusk Thuwed Dorkface

Journal,

When I was but an egg, I remember two dragons that took care of me. One was a huge female, the color of steel blue pearls, who I now know is Fayted, the Valley's Head Guardian. The other was a serpentine beauty, who used to curl around my egg during the times Fayted was gone. She was the only one that didn't fear me, who kept my shell warm despite my nature.

She didn't come back after I hatched, but I have caught her scent all around my home and my egg when I came back from the hunt... There was no mistaking that scent. There are many female Silvers in the cave, and I have no clue which one it is.

Maybe later I will ask Fayted... For now, I have to sleep.

Genesis the Elder

Head Healer's Journal

Many days it has been since I last wrote, surprising really. Still, this is myself once again; I have an apprentice now, called Gentle Healing Claws. She is a brave little one, and takes to her lessons well. Shadows of Sunset and I are mates, in a way. Our love for one another grows by the day, but still no eggs have I laid. Any doubt of his love long ago left my mind and now I have no worries. He loves me and often says to me that if we have no eggs of our own, the the caves abandoned shall be ours. I am proud to say that every chance he gets he goes to the abandoned eggs cave and seeks new ones to claim. That is where he found my apprentice. The day is begining to close and Shadows of Sunset is going out on patrol; I must now help watch the hatchlings as Reima Rae 012 is gruarding the entrance. Good day all, and be blessed.

Little Healing Halo

Head Healer of Fireproof Clan

Mate to Shadows of Sunset

Dear Mr. Parchment,

Darla grew up tonight! She’s a big girl, almost as big as I am now! A lot of the other dragons seem pretty worried about this, though, and she still seems scared. She kept on saying that they were going to try to hurt her and that we couldn’t trust anything that they say, then she made me promise that if—she said when—they attack her, I’ll help her. I remember when she first started saying this, a couple of nights ago, I didn’t believe her, but now, I have to wonder. Most of the other dragons don’t seem to like her, if they aren’t downright scared, and Wesley has been acting funny, like he’s up to something, sneaking around and being out a lot… even during the day. Maybe he is planning something. I don’t like to think this about my best friend, but it’s starting to make sense… and I’m wondering if it’s still safe for us to stay here in the cave at all.

Thelonious Red

Dear Journal,

My my! It's certainly been awhile. Well, now I've got the time to write on your neat little papers, dear friend.

I bet you're wondering where I've been and what I'm up to. As winter approaches, Accu and I have started to make our preparations. During this season, nights are long and incredibly cold. And, like all vegetables, pumpkins will eventually rot. Even Accu's enchanted one. Scini says she could preserve the pumpkins for awhile longer; only 4 days and 14 hours. That is all she could do. So sis and I resolved to making a garden inside the cave. We planted 'em in our winter rooms. Scini, at least, could project sunlight to make the pumpkins grow. Hooray. Also, we've been collecting our own food and putting them in jars. We pumpkin dragons love small meals, such as large insects and small animals. Cai helped us make shelves to store our critter-filled jars. Needless to say, while I wasn't writing in you, dear journal, I had fun. Gallons of it.

All of us have been quite busy these days. We've been reinforcing everything, from the Nest to the ceiling of the cave. I've been helping out by gathering firewood and other light materials, since I can only bear so little. I can't help with the hunting and all, because of my size. Oh well, at least I contributed.

Momma saved some new eggs as well. She managed to get three, another caveborn albino, since the last one was female and let the hatchling go, a geode egg and and two autumn ones, one of which is caveborn too. The eggs mentioned before in my previous entry hatched as well. The green striped one has grown her wings and is female so she was named "Vert Rayure" or Ray, as she is now called. The cheese hatched too and Momma named it "Succuleux Feta" or Luci. She isn't an Etincelle either but a Feta Clan dragon. And last but not the least, the little pygmy hatched and matured as well. To Momma's utter happiness, this one turned out to be male, which means he shall be Un's mate. He was named "Frele Garcon". We nicknamed him as Frel.

We also have two more interesting hatchlings in the cave. They were frozen by Scini like Touji. By the way, Touji is gone. Bye! Hopefully she'll be able to survive on her own. Anyway, one of them is a little mint and the other, a little green dino. They're both SO ADORABLE. The mint is named "Epice Saveur" or Savvy for short, and Momma named the dino "Faible Inconnu" or Fay. Like Luci, dinos have no gender but they seem more feminine so, in our eyes, they are.

Oh, and Azur is now a fully fledged dragon. Yay!

Gah, I have so much to report about since I've been gone for long. So, let's get this over with.

Hale is always by the albino egg's side. She claims it as 'hers' and she doesn't allow much to touch it. Most of the time she's seen lying in her respective room, curled around the egg and speaking to it. It's kinda weird, I must admit, since the thing she kisses good night is her possible husband.

Pur is stubborn as Cai is easily persuaded. He begs to go on hunts with Lier and ends up saved from being a dragonsickle. And then he wants to go again. It's the same as every night. Lier is sick of thawing him.

Annie and Sof are striving to retain peace and order between the members of the clan. The cold season is making everyone stressed out and jumpy. Whilst trying to keep the dragons focused and closest to normal, the two are attempting to cope with the change as well.

Sel has nothing to worry about but the dragons in the main cave. Since saltwater never freezes, he does his best to hunt for seafood and other materials to help them. Lucky him.

Blanc and Scini are both looking for apprentices. After much reading and preparation, the two are considering themselves ready. They're quite eager to have one. Seems like fun to have 'em running around, casting spells.

Fleur, Voler and Chevy are simply taking care of the eggs and hatchlings, spoiling and pampering them. They're making an extra effort to keep them warm, though it is hard.

Darn. That's all for now, though I wish to write some more. Jum'll, Bien and Marti, who just returned from her hunting trip, are all calling me. Now what?

Until next time, journal!

~Citrouille Cheri

Journal,

It seems Genesis is taking care of his egg well, and on his own. Well, not entirely on his own, as I heard Shizune keeps sneaking down there while the male is away. I've never heard of a Vampire having a non-vampire mate, but... I'll have to ask Fuyu about that. He is the Oracle of Winter, after all.

The clan continues to hunt and preserve meat, all of the Fire and Magi dragons being rather busy starting the flames for everyone. The garden is going quite well, planted away from the vines and such. We'll have fresh greens althroughout the winter, as well as dried fruits and preserved vegitables.

Finally, the Falls have been lining the nests of all who ask with crisp, dry leaves that'll keep everyone warm and dry. In a little over a month the Winter Festival begins, and we can expect new dragons coming into our cave. The Mighty TJ seems to be the only one who knows where the Wild Holiday dragons nest out of season. He remains a mystery to all, it seems...

Shiro Saki

[A/N: Yeah, I know, I'm two days late. I plead laziness. OK, for anybody who actually reads this, (probably nobody,) this entry turned out to be so huge that I'm going to split it into three or four parts. This is the first. The second will be posted at a later date, possibly tomorrow.]

To Whom It May Concern,

All of our greatest fears regarding having a vampire in the cave came true today. Since the vampire, whom Thelonious has named Darla, has now matured, we have been very closely monitoring her. Tonight, I chose to remain in the cave rather than going out hunting to watch her. She only aroused more suspicions in me by refusing to go out herself, instead hanging around the cave as though waiting for something. As her dutiful father, Thelonious, who is slowly becoming nocturnal, stayed behind as well. She wasn’t pleased about that, and I saw her angrily confront him about it. Soon after, he walked over to me and questioned me about why I was still in when I would usually be hunting. I asked him if Darla had put him up to it. He didn’t say it, but I was sure that she sent him as a distraction, because when I tried to excuse myself, he stood in front of me and continued to question. I knew why a moment later when I heard a sickening blow from the inner part of the cave, where Darla must have gone off while I was distracted. Instantly, we both forgot our argument and hurried to where the sound had come from. The first thing we saw was our resident guardian dragon lying on the floor, unconscious, bleeding from the head. It must have been quite a blow to pierce through his thick scales and harm him. But what we saw next was worse.

Here is a peek into my dragon's world:

Day of Dark Sky and Gemstones

Today has been a remarkable day. The reports of fighting with the Earths near the border proved to be false, to our relief. So until midevening, it was an ordinary day. I read the reports Graylar sent me, Staccatyre and Lalaith sent out today's orders...Dagnir was, well, Dagnir... Then I heard a great cry from beyond the cave, and Demi/Amphi Divisi came to get me. Outside the stars sparkled. But they were moving...faster than I can fly. And there were glowing crystals along the ground. Even Geoda couldn't identify their origin. Curious. I half-hope it was a trick of Divisi's. I do distrust that two-headed snake. When will he learn to behave?

Dagnir has seemed out of sorts this evening. Why?

-Darknesse, High Dragon of Ariesa

Ha! My pitiful mate Darknesse has no idea...Well. I'll show him! While he and his friends went gawking over rocks, I spent my time far more wisely with the Earth Graymarie. Do you not understand? Graymarie had...news...for me. And I had a few ideas for him. The day the power of the E. Empire reforms our stuck-in-the-mud land will be a joyful one indeed. And Graymarie is, after all, an especially handsome Earth.

And Darknesse still believes I'm helping him!

-Mor Dagnir, Black Bane Empress of Ariesa

Thought I'd start posting some of the pages I've been finding around the cave:

How chilly it has become! Nowadays I cannot set a toe outside without shivering. Soon the Time of Winter Dragons will be upon our cave, and Ledrofi might maybe cease his constant complaints of being too warm.

However, there is another matter I must record: it would appear that our humble cave has now been blessed by the rulers of Fate. Just the other day, Leilani came back from her daily trip to the abandoned area with a small hatchling that looked uncannily like Lady Luresa did when she was young. Luresa was admittedly surprised; her kind are very rare, she tells me.

And early this morning, we found a new black egg in the nest. Everyone immediatley assumed it belonged to either Sunicour or Luresa, but both denied being its parent. The mystery continued until Leilani told us it was caveborn. We were shocked. You can never find a caveborn black egg anymore; they are too greatly sought for.

Next Leilani took our two caveborn Autumn eggs to the abandoned area, returning with a strange, yellow egg that was very soft and smelled like cheese, of all things. This egg is ready to hatch at any moment now; and it's become a sort of game to guess what it will hatch into.

But the last blessing of today was truly the greatest, and quite possibly a sad one, as well. Leilani had been staring very intently at the small egg made out of paper that she'd caught one day. Poor Ciderup has been at her wit's end trying to keep track of what eggs or hatchlings we currently have, and when Leilani finally picked the egg up and headed outside, in the direction of the abandoned area, the Guardian dragon simply snapped. She bellowed as loudly as she could, and began to charge forward. Luckily, Cadophan and Hexeto were able to stop her in time. Knilet immediatley went to Ciderup's side, speaking softly and leading her back to the nest.

We all waited for what seemed like years for Leilani to return. After a few minutes, Ciderup calmed herself and apologized for her actions. We were in the middle of telling her it wasn't a big deal when Rurisc, our night guard, gave the alarm of Leilani's return. Knilet, having been used to her bringing all sorts of eggs back with her, sped forward, then stopped short and gasped. A few of us looked up to see what she had, but whatever it was, everyone suddenly wanted to see it.

Ciderup immediatley began shooing them away, using the utmost care to gently tske it and carry it over to the nest.

I stayed put for a while until curiosity overcame me, and I made my way over to the nest. I saw the Luresa-lookalike hatchling, the caveborn black, and the odd yellow one, but there was a fourth.

It was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen. "It" was a little hatchling that shined with a silvery light that set the cave slightly aglow. It gazed curiously around at all its new cavemates, before making a tiny squeak.

Even the stubborn Hamorone later admitted it was "pretty good-looking".

I will continue to write about these new additions to our family as they grow.

For now, I can only marvel at how Leilani got such a beautiful thing.

~ Kzimiote

From Reinesis, the Clan leader.

Master brought in peculiar eggs I've never seen before today. Like Nafrizel's, one was white, but streaked with yellow. Another was green with a curious mark of orange. I've put Ruriya and Kiaifin on duty to watch these new ones, along with another small egg I remember L'Erisia being born from. She seemed excited about the prospect of having another one of her kind after Frazoule looked the egg over and predicted it would turn out to be male.

The two headed dragons, Zaerul, Kaerdun, Ashrea and Sirrea, were on edge today. Master had asked them to snap at him so that he could practice, and they barely managed to avoid his knife's point. Razuac was watching like a pile of rocks the entire time, and commented that sleepily that even with two heads they couldnt take on a smaller, one headed being with a sharp stick.

We all had a laugh over that one.

Excescion was in one of her moods again. She made it known ( for perhaps the 13th time this month ) that she wanted a black dragon to call her own child, but Nafrizel seemed to be the overriding factor in her childbearing. Another white egg came in, and Master handed it to someone wandering around in the cave, looking for such an egg. Excescion was scowling the rest of the day afterwards.

Lucidium and the hunting party returned, strangely empty handed today. Something about a pack of monstrous dead dragons that came after them after their initial kills. Personally I think it's all poppycock, but just to make sure, I'll have Atrias sit in for me when they go hunting tonight.

-Reinesis

[/i

Hmmm...what else is going on? I think I found some more journal entries...What have my dragons been up to when I wasn't looking?

Sunlight Day

The mysterious rocks we found a few days ago are still beyond my experience. Whatever they are, they are not ordinary stones. I sent them to Namarie yesterday; she and her team are skilled magic users and may be able to discern more information. I am disturbed.

-Geoda Terra, Geologist

RE: GEMSTONE

The rock you sent me, dear Terra, is like nothing I have ever seen before. I am suspicious, however. There used to be legends of such things. Great power. If we didn't owe Darknesse for his just rule all these years, I would dispose of the crystals. But, as he is trustworthy, I have set my team to work on gleaning all we can. Who knows what will happen thanks to these stones?

Namarie, Head Magician

Ever since we discovered the prophesy, there has been unrest in the outskirts of the central cave network. Supposedly an alt black will someday take the throne. Who? Darknesse is more than a capable leader, he is loved by all. All I can hope is that it will be his son...

-Medica Elra, Magician-Healer

(To anyone who actually reads this sorry about me not posting for several days at a time.)

Dear Journal

Wow I think this is the longest I have written in you. Well the cave has a geode dragon now. My owner is very happy about this. Prancing Feathers and Leaf Feathers got in a fight the other day. We don't know what they were fighting over. They both were injured but nothing bad which is good since we don't have a healing dragon. Oh and Winged Transparrency and Army Sheild laid an egg, it was an albino, our owner sent it to her mother. Our owner cought a Blue Dino Egg, but no one would trade with her and she didn't want it so she sent it to the AP. We fought off two monsters last night. I wish we had a healer dragon since many of us were wounded. I'm hope that our owner will get us one soon. I guess that's all for now. Cya.

Black Sail

CB Black Female

of the Feathers Clan

Edited by chee

[A/N: Good to see the thread's thriving! Here's part two!]

Darla was standing over the nest, hatchlings cringing at her feet, holding an egg in her mouth. For a moment I stood stunned at what I saw, then she turned towards me and the egg dropped from her jaws. It fell to the floor, shell splintering, but not enough to hide the two fang marks in its shell, nor the entire side that had caved in under the immense pressure of her jaws. It was clearly dead. It was a red dragon, just like her father.

Behind me, I heard Thelonious gag. It was his reaction that she seemed most concerned with. “It’s not what it looks like!” she sputtered. She turned her gaze on me. “It’s his fault! He set me up, Daddy! He hates me!” I did not even know how to reply to such an accusation. Thelonious seemed rooted to the spot. “He’s going to get me, Daddy! Look at him! Protect me!” Thelonious didn’t move. “You promised you’d protect me!” Another second of silence passed, and then slowly, he turned around to face me. My best friend. He slowly advanced on me, fire in his eyes.

I was certainly in trouble at that point, but fortunately the commotion had awoken many of the other dragons, and the smashed egg lying beside Darla was all the proof they needed to believe me, so she was soon restrained. Thelonious, who could not be reasoned with, unfortunately also had to be restrained. To see him overpowered pained me, because as much as I loathe Darla, I could not see myself reacting any differently if it was Pryce threatened. But I knew that I had to act as leader now, if our leader couldn’t. As I had been expecting something like this to happen, it only took minutes for me to summon the magick-users, both within our cave and without, that I had previously contacted in case of emergency. Within minutes we were all gathered and ready to perform the Ritual.

Some of my other dragons want a chance to say something, so here is what they wrote:

As it is my duty, I have been watching the relationships within our mountain. Stonan is still...well, a grumpy stone. One of these days he better find a mate. An ochre egg pair has shown up, we are hoping they will not gender the same. Other than them, and the two eggs we have been taking care of, there are no new arrivals. There are so few of us now, since the great migration from the other land. Most of us do not have mates. I have noticed, however, a few 'secret' glances between Geoda and Namarie. I do hope they stay together!

-Graylar Second-in-Command

Yesssss...long live Dagnir...such a beautiful queen, but so cruel...yess....she has sent us to tell Graymarie of the unrest...it is the perfect time to attack!

It worries me. Darknesse does not know I am delivering messages for Dagnir. Im supposed to be keeping the peace on the lower plains.

What he doessssn't know won't hurt him, will it....We are doing our duty...

I am afraid of the rocks we found. I don't know why I showed them to Darknesse. I have a feeling I will regret...

...it because we did not pick up the stonesss.... They were powerful, yesss?

To fight my other self so often will be the end of me.

-Demi/Amphi Divisi, Two-Headed Prince

Dear Diary,

'Tis I, Amara, the Matron of Clan Viola. And gracious, do I have a story to relay.

My son Emery, though he has become a rather competent and responsible Wandering Male, often comes to visit me if something bothers him. I never mind, for I like to keep track of my family members whenever possible. Well, my clan is growing, but without a bit of risk!

I know perhaps that the prying Storm Dragons and any spying smaller dragons like the Mints know how Emery had gotten himself into a short liaison with Firestorm, the daughter of the dangerous Magi dragon Magnus. Emery now has a Pink living with him, his daughter from that union, who must be kept a secret lest Magnus rain his ire upon us.

But earlier, Emery came to me with a concern. Against his better judgment and our insistence, he kept on meeting with that Magi female! I can certainly tell when the emotion of love is present, and usually I would encourage it. But he is playing with death.

You couldn't even imagine my fear when he told me that he had another egg with her, this time a Magi. Magnus even found out, and now he knows about Emery!

Thankfully, he still doesn't know about Arcana, his other grandchild. And Magnus even after a bit of coaxing approves of the relationship, so long as the eggs produced are only Magi (the fool, I suspect he ultimately wants to raise an army of strong magic users). The two of them are to go through the ceremony to become life mates. This means that more than likely, Emery will have to live in Magnus's territory.

I fear for him. But there is hardly anything I could do. And I know that my son would take that risk for love.

Maybe someday I will know that risk too. As of the time I write this, the Magi egg has hatched. Perhaps it will turn out to be my grandson soon...Emery had blessed it with his power after all.

Signed,

Amara of Viola

[A/N: And finally, part 3...]

We forced her into the middle of a magickally reinforced circle and surrounded her, reciting the incantations and directing it into her, this essence… her soul.

You see, in my research of vampires, one persistent if unsubstantiated idea kept coming up: that when an egg is bitten, the hatchling inside loses its soul—which, supposedly, all living dragons have—and a vampire’s soullessness is the root of all of its violence and evil. The idea is, if a vampire is reensouled, it will become as harmless as any other dragon. Of course, at first I thought the idea was nonsense, but the more I learned about it, the more I became convinced that it is anything but. I decided that this was the preferred option to killing the vampire if it turned violent due to Mom’s, and eventually Thelonious’s, attachment to it. I had always considered the Ritual of Restoration a second-to-last resort (the last being, of course, killing her) due to the inherent risks, but now the need for it was made very apparent.

At first, we weren’t sure if it had worked. I had several of us—mostly magick-using black dragons such as myself—draw the weapons we had brought to slay if it was necessary, long wooden stakes, when the vampire suddenly stopped her tense pacing from the inside of the circle, standing stock-still. Then her eyes widened and for a moment, and glowed a supernatural yellow. She continued to stand still for a moment, then she slowly turned and looked at us, disoriented, and we waited. She turned slowly around in a circle, looking at us all in turn. She was slowly circling for a second time when she stopped again, shaking her head, irritably at first, then back and forth with violence as though trying to shake something from her, eyes clamped shut. Suddenly, she opened them again, and I saw grief in her eyes. She suddenly let out a shuddering breath, although vampires do not need to breathe, and swayed slightly on her feet. As the whole cave watched, she sank to her knees on the rough stone floor, laying her head on the ground. Nothing moved as we watched her. Minutes passed in silence. Eventually, I indicated to the others to disperse the circle and release Thelonious, who was still restrained. I turned to him, feeling terribly that he had to go through this, but he simply brushed past me on the way to the pathetic pale figure huddled on the floor, and I understood that something in our relationship was now broken and may never be repaired.

Wesley Black

Dear Journal,

We've recently been told of three newly discovered species of dragon, meaning that a bunch of the other dragon-raising humans are abandoning their eggs and even hatchlings so that they can have these new dragons. While I find this horrifying, SeaChel sees this as a good opportunity. So far we've saved three hatchlings (all of whom have joined the ranks of the frozen) and four eggs, two of which will hatch within the hour and most likely also be frozen. The other frozens are quite happy for their new playmates, and those who have just been frozen don't seem to mind being in an eternally youthful state.

Among the eggs we've saved so far is our first green Stripe, for which Serafina (our only grown Stripe so far (white)) is very excited.

Now, all this isn't to say that we don't want these new types of dragon to join our cave. Quite the contrary, I'm looking forward to learning about these three! But we feel it is our first priority to look out for those who have little hope. In this respect, today has been a good day indeed!

In other cave news, Rorenth has not been making any trouble ever since we've let him back into the cave. I hope that this means he has come to his senses and will not try to usurp Graydonn's authority again, but we will be on our guard.

~Sesina Songflight

Black female, leader of the Songflight Clan

Journal,

Two vampires now live in our cave, the new female named Yami no Uta. (Translated: Song of Darkness.) A third, ungendered hatchling resides with them, and Genesis has procured a caveborn Frill egg for the baby to bite.

There are rumors of three new eggs in the cave, called the Legendary Trio. Dragonic and I are going to go hunt for these new eggs now. All that is known that one bears fire, the second ice, and the third lightning.

Shiro Saki

Graylar has put me in charge of the archives. She was swamped by news and needed asisstance. It is a fair job. But I hope the suset hatchling is a boy, for it is very lonely being a sunrise gal alone. - Auraliana

Today I archived a few letters, among other things:

RE: CRYSTAL

Geoda, we crushed the crystal to a powder. It was awkward and dangerous for our experiments in its raw form. Do you want to pick it up? I would have Elra bring it to you, but it is far too valuable to risk even her gentle care. You see, we discovered that a potion of its powder increases the strength of magic by 100 times...

-Ever Faithful, Namarie, Head Magician

Dear Namarie,

Thank you dear for your concern and the time you put into this! I will come to get the crystal today, or send a messenger. Do you think we should give it to Darknesse? With its strength, he may be able to defeat Graymarie's forces and unite our land with that of the Earth Empire...is it worth the risk?

-Geoda Terra, Geologist

Dear Journal,

GAH. I'm so sorry, my journal! I have been busy helping the other dragons in our cave in any way I can and haven't got much time for recreation and such.

Luci and Frel grew up just recently. Luci, who was a bit smaller than me when she was a hatchling, is now towering over me; whilst Frel hasn't grown one bit. Speaking of him, he was supposed to be Peti's supposed mate but they refuse to even go 10 meters near each other. They bicker often too. So Momma resolved to getting a new pygmy egg, hoping that it would be the mate of either.

Scini and Blanc found apprentices too. They were taken to the 'AP Cave' as everyone calls it to hunt 'em. Both are ecstatic. Over the time, they have grown very protective of them eggs. Well, egg, cause the magi one hatched. Scini is busy doing weird rituals to make 'Little Scini', as we call it (since it's gender hasn't been determined yet), her official apprentice. Blanc, on the other hand, is still hugging the white egg. "It's not ready yet.." he reminds himself. Blanc easily gets frustrated, and he knows it.

Also, the two autumn eggs have hatched. The first one gendered, and is female. We're hoping the other one is male, so she'd have a mate. Feu is the one who takes care of them, since it i he who knows most about them, since they are his kind as well.

In other news, Momma learned about three new eggs. The trio are quite difficult to find since everybody wants them; even her. She stays in the AP Cave often, hoping to find one, at least.

~Citrouille Cheri

Journal,

Today that stupid scrollkeeper woke me up at like 7am to ask for an egg. Doesn't she realize I'm a SUNSET dragon? I could care less if it sets up good timing for her quest to get a sunrise egg. Just for this I'm gonna refuse to lay any egg, of ANY type for at least a week.

-Bright Bizzocca

I am quite estatic, as the hatchling gendered male! The little sunset boy will be given his name this evening. Such a sweet, kind little hatchling...I am so glad I'm going to have asisstance after all...filing papers all day is difficult!-Auraliana

Today Dagnir asked me to get her some powder from some kind of crystal. I'm suspicious. Why? It surely isn't a prank on Darknesse, she was too serious.

No...but we ought to do it for her...ssshe has plansss...Pitiful Darknesse won't know what got him...

That is wrong. I refuse.

Oh no you don't...we are headed to get the powder now...

-Demi/Amphi Divisi