okay sure.

that's like this spelling: Female

pronunciation: Feh-mah-lee

13 hours ago, Lagie said:

Dindin?

She said it! She said The Word!

giphy-2805703631.gif

@purplehaze Pippin is not a bright cat. lol

@trystan I think he might be a bit darker, yeah, but he's old now. He'll be 14 on the 30th! He did get his new toy today~ He was pleased. And by pleased... I mean he figured out that he could knock treats out of it. 

@Long_Before_SunriseThat is adorable. 

4 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

He did get his new toy today~ He was pleased. And by pleased... I mean he figured out that he could knock treats out of it. 

heh, very treat motivated!

Molly was 6 at the end of 2023, so says her birthday (December 2017) at the vet.  she was rescued, so we don't really know her actual age.

Pippin was adopted from the... ASPCA I think. He was a hoarding house kitten. Poor baby. ❤️ 

30 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Poor baby.

But at least he found a good loving home where he gets all the love and care he needs!

46 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

He was a hoarding house kitten. Poor baby. ❤️ 

i get that.... Arthur and Molly were also rescued from a hoarding situation... they had like 40+ other orange housemates.

1 hour ago, trystan said:

i get that.... Arthur and Molly were also rescued from a hoarding situation... they had like 40+ other orange housemates.

Oh goodness. Poor things! I hate that people hoard kitties. It's just horrible. 

1 hour ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Oh goodness. Poor things! I hate that people hoard kitties. It's just horrible. 

Agreed.

When we adopted Silver last year, because we already had a bunch of cats, we needed someone from the humane society to come out and do a home visit to make sure that we weren't hoarders.  They knew hubby because he volunteered at the humane society, but they just needed to make sure, because their usual policy was not to adopt out to a home that already had multiple cats. But we passed with flying colors, and the humane officer had some really scary stories to tell. The one that stuck with me was she was called to a house where the lady only had 1 cat (maybe 2?), but she did the box like every 2 weeks :blink: that's not how that works.

That's not how that works at all. 

Pippin has decided that Bestie and I are not terrible people, but we are in fact okay enough to sleep on the bed while we played around on our laptops. 

The calming treats we gave him may have also helped. lol

15 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Yay! Makes life easier.

And... gone again.

12 hours ago, WaterScorpion said:

This reminds me of the story (not sure if true or not) where a mother got up in arms cuz no one could pronounce her daughter's name correctly

name in question: Le-a

pronunciation: Ledasha

Ledasha!

11 hours ago, trystan said:

yay!  did you ever find out what the issue was?

Nope. And it's back. :(

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Cloudy and grey. No rain as yet and I hope it stays dry long enough for us to shift the outside donations inside. :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

we are in fact okay enough to sleep on the bed while we played around on our laptops. 

The calming treats we gave him may have also helped. lol

heh that would do it.

our kitties have gotten rammy and aggressive lately.... a few months ago we tried feliway, but only on one floor.  the other day, hubby ordered three different 'calming pheromone' diffusers, one for each floor.... hopefully they'll all settle down and chill out.

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

Nope. And it's back. :(

argh.  that's annoying.

6 hours ago, trystan said:

heh that would do it.

our kitties have gotten rammy and aggressive lately.... a few months ago we tried feliway, but only on one floor.  the other day, hubby ordered three different 'calming pheromone' diffusers, one for each floor.... hopefully they'll all settle down and chill out.

argh.  that's annoying.

We tried Feliway once, but it didn't really work for us. We just order some treats on Amazon that Pippin will usually eat. So... yeah...

yeah, actual Feliway didn't work for us either.  this is some other off-brand that we hope works. XD 

It didn't work with my cat at all, when Gilbert lived here. lol

we tried it at the beginning of the year, only on the first floor, and after about 10 days, it seemed like the kitties were getting more obnoxious. So this time, we've got a diffuser on each floor, and we'll give it until next Wednesday or so, and see how it's going. XD 

Let me know. I'm curious now. lol. 

Old man Pippin could use it. His bloodwork came in great btw~~

28 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

bloodwork came in great btw~~

Yay!

These dogs are driving me nuts. One stays in and refuses to go out. Another goes out and refuses to come in. I wanna go home.

2 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Let me know. I'm curious now. lol. 

i'll keep you updated.

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

One stays in and refuses to go out. Another goes out and refuses to come in.

sounds like cats..... XD 

A local rescue operation around here for cats has been grabbing the kitties outside and getting them fixed to be released. Today we couldn't feed the kitties outside, and they were completely annoyed. They're so cute! 

Emma's little sister is fixed, and we've been trying to get her mom, but that Melody is too smart for us. She also just had more babies so... yeah. We're trying to get Emma's big brother in too. His name is Smidge, and he looks just like Ms. Emma. Such a cute family. 

1 hour ago, AsymDoll13 said:

A local rescue operation around here for cats has been grabbing the kitties outside and getting them fixed to be released.

yep, they call that TNR - Trap, Neuter, Release.

I'm sure someone does that around here too.

I just hope they got Smidge. He's a good boy. He was born under the trailer. Just like Emma~ But his mom isn't Emma's mom, so... he could even be her dad I guess... I dunno, really. But saying brother is better. I guess. I don't know. *Shrugs*

On 4/22/2024 at 5:45 PM, trystan said:

uhm.... whut?

okay sure.

that's like this spelling: Female

pronunciation: Feh-mah-lee

well yeah, which is why most "normal" people won't think to pronounce it that way XP