Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty-One

56 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Just like Emma~ But his mom isn't Emma's mom, so... he could even be her dad I guess... I dunno, really. But saying brother is better. I guess. I don't know. *Shrugs*

well, Molly and Arthur are a bonded pair, and are probably related,  but we just don't know how.

42 minutes ago, WaterScorpion said:

well yeah, which is why most "normal" people won't think to pronounce it that way XP

exactly. 

Right... Finished Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince tonight, and it's still my favorite one, followed by probably Azkaban. 

I hate hate hate Lupin/Tonks. I've ranted about it a lot tonight. Poor Bestie... They've been dealing with my rants. lol

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and crumpets with jam*

Bright and sunny. Topaz had better not stay out for three hours this time. :P

I had Richa as a student one year. Turns out it's not Ritch-a but Rish-ay. Sigh.

You know you're old when your former students are now your coworkers. XD

i'm juuuust about finished with Wind, the latest Warriors book. XD

7 hours ago, Lagie said:

:blink:

3 hours ago, trystan said:

:blink:

Yup. Not only that, she's our new vet, so she's Dr. former student. :P

Busy day. 1200!

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

she's Dr. former student. :P

congrats to her!

Let's see where this goes, I posted it on one of my discords, and got some ideas, so here we go:

Spoiler

you probably all remember we moved in October 2022, when younger daughter was still in college. She has in fact always been a bit of a transactional person, and wouldn't really ask us or talk to us until she needed something or would like something done, which I noticed mostly when she went back to college after the covid semesters, which was fall of 2021.  When we moved, she was still in college, and about 6 months later, she brought all her stuff to our house from school because she graduated. 🎓

We had a room with all her boxes in it, so that's where she put her bed in a few pieces of furniture, some had to go in the other bedroom because she has that much stuff

So back in January we adopted new dude, Romeo, and the room with her stuff is the room that we use for new cats so they can acclimate themselves to their new location. Romeo is still a little slow to acclimating, so he still 'lives' in the room with all her stuff.

The other day on Instagram, hubby posted a picture of Oreo laying on her bed, and in the background, you can see a litter box. So yesterday, she texted me and wants me to send pictures of her room. Now I should have known where this was going, because I would have done the same thing. So then she starts asking me all about the litter box, and is that a permanent thing in her room with all her stuff?  Her point here that she's trying to make is she doesn't want a litterbox next to her bed sheets and covers because we do have cats that will sometimes pee places they're not supposed to. She says "Having cat litter boxes one foot from my bed isn't sanitary That stuff will never be clean again especially not after running it through the washer one time."  yes, we can run it through the laundry more than once, we can use color-safe bleach.

She also said she doesn't want her stuff ruined, I told her her stuff is fine, she's more than welcome to rent a storage locker.

The thing is, she will never sleep in that bed in this house, she's pretty much just using the rooms for storage.

I just needed to put this out somewhere, but she's definitely being quite indignant... And she still thinks that her father/my hubby hates her, when he absolutely does not.

So it ended with me telling her that the litter box was not permanent, and it was no longer in the room.  i mean, the end goal with Romeo that he moves out of the bedroom, and stops hiding under the dresser, so we can permanently move the litter box to be with the other ones upstairs. I should point out that she does not know about Romeo at this point.

One of the suggestions I got was to unmake the bed, put the mattress in a protective covering or bag or something like that; and after her comforter and sheets are all washed, put them in the closet, away from the litter box stuff. I'd probably end up keeping the pillows on the bed, and I'd want whatever protective bag for the mattress that I use to be something clothish, and not plasticish, because the cats do like to sit on the bed, it's a bed.

Someone did reply "it sounds to me like her expectations are a little bit unfair/unreasonable, given that she isn't living there and doesn't plan to move back in.... she needs to lower her expectations a bit and do some mitigating herself in the form of helping make sure things are in stored in a way that means they could be potentially 'damaged' by the cats."

Of course, she would never do some "mitigating" herself - when she does stop back, it will only be to swap out winter clothes for spring clothes, and maybe get her car for her summer job.

there's a lot of history with younger daughter and her father that I don't remember if I've mentioned it at any point here, but some people had said they thought she was spoiled when she was in high school. It's okay to ask clarification questions, this is the most recent chapter in a long line of entitlements, at least that's how I see it.

That was a lot, I know, and thanks for reading it all :) 

Edited by trystan

1 hour ago, trystan said:

That was a lot, I know, and thanks for reading it all :) 

:o A lot of assuming on her part, it seems. A storage unit seems like a viable alternative.

8 minutes ago, Lagie said:

:o A lot of assuming on her part, it seems. A storage unit seems like a viable alternative.

agreed.

and i did suggest a storage unit, but she's said she's not paying for one. 

i’d also like to think when she has her own place, she’ll be “rescuing” her stuff from our house XD 

13 minutes ago, trystan said:

i’d also like to think when she has her own place, she’ll be “rescuing” her stuff from our house

Good luck with that!

Where is she living now?

11 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Good luck with that!

Where is she living now?

thanks!

in hotels....she's the stage manager of a travelling show, so she's on the go right now.  that show is over sometime in may, and after that she has another job at a theatre in Maine.  and i think that theatre has housing for the crew.  after that August/September?) .... who knows?

On 4/23/2024 at 11:09 PM, AsymDoll13 said:

Right... Finished Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince tonight, and it's still my favorite one, followed by probably Azkaban. 

I hate hate hate Lupin/Tonks. I've ranted about it a lot tonight. Poor Bestie... They've been dealing with my rants. lol

dang, you're just breezing through those books

19 hours ago, Lagie said:

:'D

eh, I did feel a bit miffed when I found out the things my family was using my room for (after I moved out) but again, I'm not there so why should I care. that being said, I do still have some stuff there (mostly in closets and drawers); as long as those aren't touched I'm good

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with marula jelly*

Bright and sunny. I'm sleepy this morning.

Posted (edited)

Good morning, CPA!

It promises to be a nice day, here, but cooler than the last few days,

I have a dentist appointment this morning (just a checkup and hope they don't find any problems!)

And a doctor's this afternoon. Again, just a routine follow-up.

Hubby and I plan to go out to lunch between those.

Edit: Dentist's office just called to cancel because the hygienist is out sick today.

Edited by purplehaze

Staying at a strange place while the floors get harrassed.

Heaps of stairs.

Puss is not happy but is stuck to me like a limpet.

so annoyed by it all.

I miss my room.

and my books

🙃

8 hours ago, WaterScorpion said:

eh, I did feel a bit miffed when I found out the things my family was using my room for (after I moved out) but again, I'm not there so why should I care. that being said, I do still have some stuff there (mostly in closets and drawers); as long as those aren't touched I'm good

so yes, the room with most of younger daughter's stuff also has all of her stuff we moved for her.  she set up her bed, she hung up stuff in the closet.  but she knew she'd never stay there, it really wouldn't be 'her room' per se.

but i now have a plan:

Spoiler

i'm going to get a mattress storage bag (maybe two, or a comforter storage bag) and some pillowcases. (1) wash all her sheets, pillowcases, and the comforter, (2) put the sheets back on the bed (maybe the comforter?), (3) put the mattress and everything on it IN the mattress storage bag and put the mattress back on her bed frame. (4) if the comforter doesn't fit, it'll go in the the comforter storage bag (4b, if the comforter does fit on the bed in the bag, her stuffed animals will go in the comforter bag).  pillowcases can get folded up and put in one of the under-bed drawers.  (5) put the new pillowcases on her pillows (i'll put her initials on the tags on her pillows) and the extras that ended up on the bed, and put the many crocheted blankets i've made on the bed for the cats.

even when the litter box does, in fact, get moved out of the bedroom, her stuff will still be protected from.... parents' and cats' cooties? XD

yep.

i have a Delta growing up today. my question is: Do i pygmyfy the New Dude to breed with the Pygmy Delta, or enlarge the Pygmy to breed with New Dude?  because i'm planning to do both. but which do i do first? decisions, decisions.....

3 hours ago, trystan said:

but i now have a plan:

Sounds good. A lot of work, but should make her happy/happier.

4 hours ago, trystan said:

but i now have a plan

Sounds like a plan.

A bit quieter today, if 831 can be considered quiet. Major traffic going home. The 20 minute drive took 50! :o

The pollen is going to kill me this year... It's been so high. I need more rain. Please? 

5 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Sounds good. A lot of work, but should make her happy/happier.

yeah.  and probably not XD 

4 hours ago, Lagie said:

Sounds like a plan.

yep.

and i've already taken care of some of the pillows.  I'll probably wash the sheets on Monday during the work day, since I'm home.  still figuring out when I'll do the comforter though.

my dragon growed up.  I'll breed him tomorrow though.

yeah, don't know your daughter so dunno how she'd take it

hmmm, actually going home for the weekend.......wonder where I'll be sleeping.......

who knows? it'll be protected, so it won't get ruined.  or cooties.  or something XD 

Puss is more settled today.

I am surprised at how jolted I feel away from my places at home.

Keep wanting stuff I chose not to bring.

Puss is dozing on his bed and turns his face to look at me from time to time.

Conscious we need to stop jarring him with this sort of thing.

I have pretty much resolved no travelling while we have Puss.

Jolted everywhere.

The stairs are not helping.

Not used to facing a wall of wood each time I want to do something.

Rude............................

Nice house here.

Pizzeria nearby................

image.gif.2386a3b9661fe52e531f0465810a04bc.gif

Posted (edited)

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and croissants with butter and jam*

Bright and sunny.

We had an after-hours delivery yesterday so I get to deal with this today:

IMG-20240425-WA0042.thumb.jpg.ea3e9cbc471e31245ca527de89669559.jpg

The delivery people say no one answered the main door. The staff member in the main building says the delivery people never knocked. Weirdly, I trust the delivery people's version more. The staff member has an untrustworthy history.

How long are you away from home, @sithdragon?

Edited by Lagie

7 hours ago, Lagie said:

The delivery people say no one answered the main door. The staff member in the main building says the delivery people never knocked. Weirdly, I trust the delivery people's version more. The staff member has an untrustworthy history.

oof. that's awkward.

I'm still pondering how to breed my Deltas.... XD

Finished Deathly Hallows, now on to Cursed Child, I guess... I've only gotten through it once. lol